Thread: Duchess Crest, D10, 99 leasehold

Default Duchess Crest, D10, 99 leasehold

Any comments on Duchess Crest? Saw a lot of units for sale recently and was informed by an agent that a company is offloading units currently being rented out.

I think it is good cuz close to reputable primary schools but hesistant cuz it is a 99 year leasehold property. I just sold my my 99yr leasehold property in tg rhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu
    Any comments on Duchess Crest? Saw a lot of units for sale recently and was informed by an agent that a company is offloading units currently being rented out.

I think it is good cuz close to reputable primary schools but hesistant cuz it is a 99 year leasehold property. I just sold my my 99yr leasehold property in tg rhu.
    I think it depends on what you are buying for. I have both a LH and a FH property. The LH one is being rented out. Yield is about 5%. It is popular with expats, and is within 1 km of a popular school.

Duchess Crest is probably quite rentable. You should buy one which is of suitable size for a family, but not too large, otherwise rental would be too expensive, since it is likely that locals will be renting for the 1 km proxitiy.

personally, i find it too deep in. not very accessible without car.

Will be buying for own stay, guess i got to check this place out over the weekend. 3 bedrm size at 1346 sqft should be just nice for own stay or rent to small sized (small budget) expat family.

Will be buying for own stay, guess i got to check this place out over the weekend. 3 bedrm size at 1346 sqft should be just nice for own stay or rent to small sized (small budget) expat family.
    how about something at shelford area. not sure if the price difference will be big though. the shelford is nice. i like 19 shelford too.

Smile Re: Duchess Crest units for sale

Dear members,

I am marketing 46units @ Duchess Crest for sale. Mostly 4bedders and townhouse unit.

Available sizes:
    1711sqft to 2260sqft.
    Vacant or tenanted units avail.

Townhouse units:
    4123sqft to 4241sqft

Good investment yield of more than 5%.

Price from 850psf onwards

Pls call 96337533 if any interested parties.

Have a good day!

Default Any Duchess Crest 3brm seller?

Dear members,

Any Duchess Crest 3brm seller willing to consider 900 - 950psf offer?

Have a serious buyer looking for a 3brm unit. Tenanted is not a problem.

Please call 96337533 if there is a match.

Thanks so much

how's the place upkeep, maintenance?
    thanks

Default Duchess Crest

Why does this property show up on some en bloc lists? Is this currently en bloc?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randv
    Why does this property show up on some en bloc lists? Is this currently en bloc?
    thanks
    funny u join this forum just to ask this question ?

the land this project sits has only a plot ratio of 1.4, and has a building limit of 5 floors + annex. how is it even remotely possible to have an enbloc ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    funny u join this forum just to ask this question ?

the land this project sits has only a plot ratio of 1.4, and has a building limit of 5 floors + annex. how is it even remotely possible to have an enbloc ?
    I asked as it showed up in the list http://singaporerealestatearena.com/...t-of-projects/ not sure whether it is a credible list

with the surrounding newer projects i find the price psf a bit on the high side comparatively..somemore this is leasehold

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    with the surrounding newer projects i find the price psf a bit on the high side comparatively..somemore this is leasehold

Can u share which projects are you comparing with?

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    I'm curious too: which project u compared ?

There is only ONE "surrounding" new project, that's Duchess Residence, selling at launch > S$1700 by Mr. Wee & Co. TOP soon. now calling ....anything from $1800 to $2200.

A little away you have Duchess Royale, that's built from one old bungalow plot. Tiny unit size, calling $1700 also.

I think that's all on Duchess Avenue. Duchess Crest is one odd project with a 99Y LH. Every one else is FH/999Y.

A leasehold project surrounded with FHs. Will you consider? Any upside? It should not be that bad right? The current market price is 1200psft whereas those FH is now at 1800psf.

But this location a core D10?
    Last edited by rattydrama; 29-08-10 at 14:43.

General observation is 99LH in a predominently FH locale usually underperforms those 99LH in a 99LH locale. This is because buyers looking to buy in D10 are usually people looking for freehold condos - so psychologically they will apply a deep discount if your property is 99LH. However, say a person is looking to buy a property in a 99LH locale, say Bedok Reservoir where everyone knows nothing there is freehold. The mindset and profile of the buyers are different. These buyers, HDB upgraders or otherwise, never intended to pay a premium for freehold to begin with. Therefore, the discounts for the properties being LH and therefore "inferior" to FH properties will be non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    A leasehold project surrounded with FHs. Will you consider? Any upside? It should not be that bad right? The current market price is 1200psft whereas those FH is now at 1800psf.

I dun really want to say "core D##"..... Diff ppl prefer diff locations. Duchess / Coronation is indeed a better area of Bt Timah. Although most of the ptys there are landed, with a bungalow costing easily 5-7mil. For some one looking to buy a pty there, usually (as Wild Falcon said), he has deep pockets, and looking to buy because of the quiet/affluent neighborhood, yet easy access to town and top schools nearby etc. He's not interested in anything 99Y. Duchess Crest was launched at $1100/1200. Over all these years it couldn't even recover to launch level. Personally I wouldn't touch it, especially now it's getting old, and with absolutely no hope to enbloc.

although Duchess Crest has reasonable rental. Lots of expats families with children. Turnover is pretty high also.

how about a FH ppty in a predominantly 99Lh enclave for eg. D1,2?

do ppl pay a premium for a FH status in tat district?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I dun really want to say "core D##"..... Diff ppl prefer diff locations. Duchess / Coronation is indeed a better area of Bt Timah. Although most of the ptys there are landed, with a bungalow costing easily 5-7mil. For some one looking to buy a pty there, usually (as Wild Falcon said), he has deep pockets, and looking to buy because of the quiet/affluent neighborhood, yet easy access to town and top schools nearby etc. He's not interested in anything 99Y. Duchess Crest was launched at $1100/1200. Over all these years it couldn't even recover to launch level. Personally I wouldn't touch it, especially now it's getting old, and with absolutely no hope to enbloc.

although Duchess Crest has reasonable rental. Lots of expats families with children. Turnover is pretty high also.

Thanks for the insides. Interesting to know that. In low period of 2009, it dropped to 850psf. May I know why there is no hope for en bloc since the price of the surrounding is much higher? Why in the first place is a leasehold rather than freehold?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how about a FH ppty in a predominantly 99Lh enclave for eg. D1,2?

do ppl pay a premium for a FH status in tat district?
    I observed the price of D13
    parc Mondrian and 8@woodleight. The price now is almost same but I feel that parc Mondrian price is going very stronge. In times to come, the price should be higher than 8@woodleigh.

This is in consideration that one is apartment status an the other is full condo. 8@w is nearer to MRT with more units. PM is on highland so it's not exactly an apple to apple comparison.

But in 20 years time FH should be able to hold the price better.

Are there people off loading their old LH condo right now and buy new ones?

Is it true that after 20 years it's difficult to sell a LH condo?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

99LH condos after 20 years old very few banks want to lend, and valuation quite low (much below market). After 30 years old even worse. So you can think, all 99LH owners just want to own for 10 years or so and flip to others. At a time when there are many new comers/buyers, this is ok. When this new comers/buyers slow down or even reduce, where is the demand going to come from? Given the choice of price differential less than 20% (which is really strange phenomenon in Singapore), you want to buy FH or LH? LH still have lots of supply, FH no (only from enbloc, which won't come cheap as time goes by since if enbloc price not attractive means no enbloc).

I observed the price of D13
    parc Mondrian and 8@woodleight. The price now is almost same but I feel that parc Mondrian price is going very stronge. In times to come, the price should be higher than 8@woodleigh.

This is in consideration that one is apartment status an the other is full condo. 8@w is nearer to MRT with more units. PM is on highland so it's not exactly an apple to apple comparison.

But in 20 years time FH should be able to hold the price better.

Are there people off loading their old LH condo right now and buy new ones?

Is it true that after 20 years it's difficult to sell a LH condo?

I am glad that someone share the same view as me. For duchess crest, it can be for own stay but there must be some form of capital appreciation in long run. And I hope there is since the surrounding is expensive but how big will be the gap going to be? Only time will tell. Having said that if I'm going to buy LH, will consider this project ( together with those LH only areas where under gov master plan to develop) than in other areas! So I will be the one against tradition.

Duplicate post

Default Strong yield

Duchess Crest is a great buy for investment purposes if it's bought at a good price as it's an expat favorite. The condo is well-maintained, and the complex is spacious. it's also within a km of Nanyang Primary and there are locals living there too. There's a small park next door that's fun for kids to play in.

The kitchens are quite small though. The pool isn't great. The complex is quite a distance away from the main road.

But at 800 psf, I may just buy it because there's nothing else at the price in that neighbourhood (do let me know if there are!).

in low period of 2009, it dropped to 850psf.
    .. and in previous low, it dropped to 650!

why no hope to enbloc: no chance to review 1.4 plot ratio; no chance to change 5 story limit. and now higher development charge. how to enbloc ? Even if it has enbloc, the best u get is probably current 1200 level. Enbloc story is pretty much dead now.

maybe I'm a bit superstitious .... this project is jinxed. it was launched in 1996 peak BUT right after gov announced capital gain tax. so cannot sell. Then later WingTai had to resort to give rental guarantee and buyback promise ! u dun see such things nowadays. then I also know some fund bought in bulk at 600plus psf only. And I dun even know today whether wingtai still owns some units, as some tenants are getting the lease from WingTai directly.

if for own stay, u'd better be sure u LOVE kids. Go walk around sunday afternoon, u will know.