Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilltop grove

Default Hilltop grove

Hi,

Anyone has any comments on hilltop grove in Hillview area? I think it is the only 99 LH in the area but look pretty new.

Quote Originally Posted by dun4get
    Hi,

Anyone has any comments on hilltop grove in Hillview area? I think it is the only 99 LH in the area but look pretty new.
    2 things to note: 1) if you drive, then it's okie; 2) beware of staying at low floors as this condo is just at edge of forested areas, insects and/or rodents might be more prevalent.

condo neither here nor there and no amenities around IMHO waste of time. Also not much en bloc potential if u buy

thanks for the reply. I am looking in buying a 4 bdrm unit for about 450 psf. nw seriously reconsidering.

cheap doesnt mean good, be extremely cautious.
    thanks for the reply. I am looking in buying a 4 bdrm unit for about 450 psf. nw seriously reconsidering.

if it's cheap, there muz be very obvious reason/s. go ard the condo and u would know.

u r better off to look for other 99 LH condos r very convenient, and near to all amenities. Examples are Madeira, The Warren and etc. These r not too far from Hillview area.

some cheap condos remain cheap for years with hardly any capital appreciation. Hilltop is one example. Most condos along Hillview are either 999 or FH, and hilltop is the odd one out, not for any positive reason however.

Hillltop grove not too bad, but a bit small around the estate. Can be considered if it actually drops below 500psf, as really..like most of u guys said, it stands out like a sore thumb being 99 year surrounded by 999 years condo. But problem is. home owners there are unwilling to let go lower as still within the 10 years threshold. If you buy this area, it is purely for staying till the bloody building collapsed as for sure there is no resale value nor en-bloc value. But who knows rite? Gahmen just need scholars to write up a policy paper to develop this area, and booms....price goes up..

when you start seeing a pig climbing a tree in that area, then maybe the price will also start to go up....

Quote Originally Posted by edtv75
    Hillltop grove not too bad, but a bit small around the estate. Can be considered if it actually drops below 500psf, as really..like most of u guys said, it stands out like a sore thumb being 99 year surrounded by 999 years condo. But problem is. home owners there are unwilling to let go lower as still within the 10 years threshold. If you buy this area, it is purely for staying till the bloody building collapsed as for sure there is no resale value nor en-bloc value. But who knows rite? Gahmen just need scholars to write up a policy paper to develop this area, and booms....price goes up..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    when you start seeing a pig climbing a tree in that area, then maybe the price will also start to go up....
    For the year 2009, valuation up about 12% from Jan to Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    For the year 2009, valuation up about 12% from Jan to Dec.
    Maybe some pig really learning to climb the tree there!!!

HAHAHA!
    Depending on when the unit was bought, some lose, some make.
    I used to live there.
    It is a beautiful place to live in.

very isolated but nice environment. Still, you are paying freehold prices for a 99 leasehold devt coming to about 8 years I think.

TOP was Dec 2001, I think.
    Those who bought off the floor plans paid a premium, above $600 psf.
    Those who bought at a low, paid less than $500 psf.
    Now it is has gone above $500 psf again.
    The environment around the pool gives a lovely resort feel, with palms, heliconias, and blue pool waters...

haven't seen you around in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    very isolated but nice environment. Still, you are paying freehold prices for a 99 leasehold devt coming to about 8 years I think.

Saw an advertisement for a 3+1, pool facing, 1183 sq ft, asking $600 psf.

Anyone wanna buy?(not my unit, and I am not agent)

Vision in West Coast hit new high...Hilltop Grove latest transaction $675000 for 1302 psf.

Dropping back to prices one year ago...

Based on this transacted price, the property listings are really asking too much.

The disadvantage of Hilltop Grove is that it is 99LH in a predominantly freehold condo belt along Hillview/Dairy Farm. The freehold condos are also sitting on large plots of land with beautiful landscaping. The future Hillview MRT station is also closer to the freehold condo belt near Standard Chartered. I always believe if you want to invest in 99LH condo, then it MUST be near an MRT station. In this case however, the MRT station will be nearer to all the freehold condos which means Hilltop Grove will be quite low on an investor's radar from both a location and tenure perspective. But if u like the place, just go for it.

TOP was Dec 2001, I think.
    Those who bought off the floor plans paid a premium, above $600 psf.
    Those who bought at a low, paid less than $500 psf.
    Now it is has gone above $500 psf again.
    The environment around the pool gives a lovely resort feel, with palms, heliconias, and blue pool waters...

Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    Based on this transacted price, the property listings are really asking too much.
    I think it also depends on condition of the unit.

Just spoke to a chap who bought last year, a unit in Hilltop Grove, that was renovated extensively before he bought it. Just bring your things and move in. He also saw a few units where condition was "original" and maybe need to spend above $50K to make it nice again. He said he paid nearly $800K for it.

Personally, I prefer a place that is not overly-renovated - most of the time i have to spend money tearing down all the fixtures because it is not to my taste - most reno gets outdated very fast - one moment minimalist, another moment wooden look, another moment all the gawdy wallpapers. Most important is to buy a unit with reasonably good condition (best if it is a blank canvas with white walls in original condition) and not OTT renovation. If a unit is in good condition, just spend $20k on renovation and that should do the trick. In short, don't buy a unit because of renovation. Buy a unit with a good view etc.

I think it also depends on condition of the unit.

Just spoke to a chap who bought last year, a unit in Hilltop Grove, that was renovated extensively before he bought it. Just bring your things and move in. He also saw a few units where condition was "original" and maybe need to spend above $50K to make it nice again. He said he paid nearly $800K for it.

never understood why hilltop grove is 99yr while the others are freehold n 999yr. hilltop grove is neither here nor there, would rather get northvale for that price as lot1 n mrt are just across from northvale

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The disadvantage of Hilltop Grove is that it is 99LH in a predominantly freehold condo belt along Hillview/Dairy Farm. The freehold condos are also sitting on large plots of land with beautiful landscaping. The future Hillview MRT station is also closer to the freehold condo belt near Standard Chartered. I always believe if you want to invest in 99LH condo, then it MUST be near an MRT station. In this case however, the MRT station will be nearer to all the freehold condos which means Hilltop Grove will be quite low on an investor's radar from both a location and tenure perspective. But if u like the place, just go for it.

haven't seen you around in a while.
    Just saw your post. Been busy rounding up the frightened chickens. Many av raids recently you know

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    ... In short, don't buy a unit because of renovation. Buy a unit with a good view etc.
    I agree.
    And as the property ages, things start to leak...and with all pipes buried, a big headache to rectify.

R u an OKT for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Just saw your post. Been busy rounding up the frightened chickens. Many av raids recently you know

R u an OKT for real?

ahahah

OrKuiniser ?

hhmm like german for Organiser

R u an OKT for real?
    I am second generation OKT. Helicated to degree level wan

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ahahah

OrKuiniser ?

hhmm like german for Organiser

lol, maybe orgyniser

March got one unit 1302 sq ft sold at $524 psf.

Hi all,

How about units at montrosa and merawoods? Any insights for these 2 developments as they are pretty near to Hilltop grove.