Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Versilia on Haig - Ipoh Lane

Quote Originally Posted by donchew76
    Bro,

Is your Managing Agent, Total Estate Management?
    Hi donchew76,

Yup, the MA for our estate is Total Estate Management.

So far so good.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC
    Hi donchew76,

Yup, the MA for our estate is Total Estate Management.

So far so good.

Cheers.
    Thanks bro for your feedback.

Hope that u have settled down well.

Quote Originally Posted by donchew76
    Thanks bro for your feedback.

Hope that u have settled down well.
    Hi,

I believed the residents in Versilia has settled in nicely, including my family.

We are moving into the next stage of stay.....to get our OpenNet Super Broadband hooked up in our premise!!! Ha ha

Cheers.

Yes I did. Paid about $680 for it.

It done by my ID using their contractors. So no contact details. Why not use the same as your window grills? This Mr Lim guy mentioned in the earlier thread.

Cheers.
    Thanks BIC... this Versilla thread has really good info. I use that price as a guide when I do my gate grille, and it sure come in handy...

Hi proud owner,

Maybe this link will help you.

http://www.invisiblegrille.com/home.html

Cheers.
    Apologies if I have accidentally turned this into renov forum.

But have anyone tried the invisible grille...i am in the midst of waiting for their quotation (seem to have 3 vendors in the market, from my goggling.. invisble grille, Le-grill and invisys)... thot of using invisible grill for all bedrooms window and esp for balcony (that should be the most cost part)..a I have 2 kids running around.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22

But have anyone tried the invisible grille...i am in the midst of waiting for their quotation (seem to have 3 vendors in the market, from my goggling.. invisble grille, Le-grill and invisys)... thot of using invisible grill for all bedrooms window and esp for balcony (that should be the most cost part)..a I have 2 kids running around.
    Hi,

Do you need to get the approval from management ? as they have "standard" grille design for all the units..

Quote Originally Posted by Jesslee98
    Hi,

Do you need to get the approval from management ? as they have "standard" grille design for all the units..
    hmm...dun tink we nid to seek approval for 'invisible grille' rite....since its oredi invisible....hehe

Thanks BIC... this Versilla thread has really good info. I use that price as a guide when I do my gate grille, and it sure come in handy...
    Hi marktkt22,

So you are a resident in Versilia too?

If so, welcome!!!

Cheers.

There are residents in Versilia using Invisible grills for their balcony. So I guess its allowed.

Not sure about the bedroom though.

Thanks to all for the reply...so sorry, I am not a resident in Versilia... I am staying in the apartment somewhere along Tembeling..D15 also though..
    I found the versilia thread is so friendly and amicable and already informative...

Its best not to ask if it is not stated for the balcony.

But for the room, I dont think its allowed. Most, if not all condo, stipulate the type of grill to use.

Thx for the inputs, indeed, i wont ask for permissions cos if i ask, v likely reject. install then act blur(apartment, should not be so strict), i will put invisible grille in all the room, it not obvious and there are are curtains anyway. The main gate grille will be custom made as per spec by developer.

The row of terrace houses opposite Versilia has finally been torn down today.

Believed by the time we reach home this evening, most should be flattened.

The construction of the new project will be in full swing soon!!

A recent unit at Versilia has transacted at 12xx psf.
    This will go up more when development of Paya Lebar Central/new Lion City Hotel gains momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by alxyan
    A recent unit at Versilia has transacted at 12xx psf.
    This will go up more when development of Paya Lebar Central/new Lion City Hotel gains momentum.
    Huat ah...!!!

Yup, we should monitor closely the development of Lion City Hotel site as it will transform the retail landcscape in the area. I hope the developer do a good job to benefit all the residents in that area!!

Cheers.

Default Heart pain but must move on....

Hi,

Just wanted to share that I removed my chengai decking for my balcony recently. Really heart pain.

Why did I do that.....in fact I had regretted the moment my contractor did the installation during our renovation.

The water and dust collected beneath the decking was a concern especially during wet weather. Maintenance is a problem too. With the elevated decking, standing at the balconcy can also be a bit scary for some.

Actually, the original condition with the tiles was already good enough. Really itchy backside!!

Thank goodness the contractor removing the decking was able to do it without any damage to the balcony tiles. Well, I have to move on and not cry over it!!

Huat ah...!!!

Yup, we should monitor closely the development of Lion City Hotel site as it will transform the retail landcscape in the area. I hope the developer do a good job to benefit all the residents in that area!!

Cheers.
    Anyone can tell me wats the dev beside city plaza? Looks like the windows up but no idea wats that? Is it a commercial or residential

Quote Originally Posted by jezz
    Anyone can tell me wats the dev beside city plaza? Looks like the windows up but no idea wats that? Is it a commercial or residential
    Hi jezz,

Welcome to this thread.

I believed you are referring to Esta Ruby. Its part residential and part commercial.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just wanted to share that I removed my chengai decking for my balcony recently. Really heart pain.
    The water and dust collected beneath the decking was a concern especially during wet weather. Maintenance is a problem too. With the elevated decking, standing at the balconcy can also be a bit scary for some.
    Actually, the original condition with the tiles was already good enough. Really itchy backside!!
    Thank goodness the contractor removing the decking was able to do it without any damage to the balcony tiles. Well, I have to move on and not cry over it!!
    wooden decking look nice and cozy, but always a concern of pest breeding below....recently, I also almost lay timber deck over my garden cos neighbor did it and look good, after contractor came, give quote, lucky ken a neighbor nagged by wife, so hold back...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    wooden decking look nice and cozy, but always a concern of pest breeding below....recently, I also almost lay timber deck over my garden cos neighbor did it and look good, after contractor came, give quote, lucky ken a neighbor nagged by wife, so hold back...
    Good call. In your case, the chances of pests breeding beneath the decking is higher as it will be placed in a garden.

Is there a dark tint on installation of solar film (like in car ) ?
    Permission required from mgmt ?
    My ID warned me that it may change the facade and therefore...i may end up have to removed it.

any feedbacks appreciated...

Hi i0east,

Initially I was like you, thinking that have to wait for all defects to be rectified first before reno. Not the case. Once they have conducted a joint-inspection with you to confirm the defect list, you can start reno.

They will recetify the defect in parallel, depending on the defects. These guys (Straits Construction) are very friendly and reasonable.

Yes, I have decked-up my balcony with chengnai wood. My ID quoted me one price for my whole reno. No breakdown of the costs.

Meeting Jack Lim from the solar film company for a quote this morning.

Cheers.

HI all ,
    My ID is also proposing to use perfect film as he said it reputable and good. How is the experience so far, from forumer who had used their solar film. Any problems encountered...? Thanks in advance

Hi i0east,

For the window grill, my ID is arranging and hence do not know the contractor.

However, there is this contractor that has done for my neighbour and for a few households in Versilia. You may want to contact him for a quote.

Mr Lim - Wrought Aluminium P/L (HP : 9027 9222)

As for the solar film, I will be using from Perfect Window Films. Their 85% IR rejection is at $3.50psf. Quite reasonable i think.

www.perfect.com.sg

Cheers.

HI all ,
    My ID is also proposing to use perfect film as he said it reputable and good. How is the experience so far, from forumer who had used their solar film. Any problems encountered...? Thanks in advance
    So far so good.

You may want to check with your MC the type/degree of tinted solar film is allowed.

Cheers.

Default Update on Lion City Hotel site

Hi,

UOL mentioned that they will re-develop the Lion City Hotel site for commercial and retail use. This is to better cater for the residential cluster in this area.

Really hope our wishlist can come true....cinema, big supermarket, good eateries etc etc.

Cheers.

Default Fibre Broadband Plan

Quote Originally Posted by i0east
    Hi Mezo, BIC,
    I did a 3mths trial with starhub maxinfinity from nov 2010 to feb 2011. Apparently, the fibre cable is ready to be used. Maybe you can check again. I am thinking of getting m1, seems to be the cheapest.
    Hi,

I received a letter from Starhub to confirm that our condo is Opennet ready.

Since I am out of contract, I will be signing up for the home hubbing plan with Starhub to enjoy the discounts over 24 months.

http://www.starhub.com/promotions/hu...bingpacks.html

Anyone setup theirs already? Mine will be setup on 2 Jun.

Cheers.

Hi,

UOL mentioned that they will re-develop the Lion City Hotel site for commercial and retail use. This is to better cater for the residential cluster in this area.

Really hope our wishlist can come true....cinema, big supermarket, good eateries etc etc.

Cheers.
    I m eyeing hard on that pjt

Hi,

I received a letter from Starhub to confirm that our condo is Opennet ready.

Since I am out of contract, I will be signing up for the home hubbing plan with Starhub to enjoy the discounts over 24 months.

http://www.starhub.com/promotions/hu...bingpacks.html

Anyone setup theirs already? Mine will be setup on 2 Jun.

Cheers.
    Still waiting as I find the price is still high. PC show coming on the 12 June.

Quote Originally Posted by mezo
    Still waiting as I find the price is still high. PC show coming on the 12 June.
    Good move....but I can't wait liao!!

Will keep all posted!!

Cheers.

Philip sale at toa payoh is this weekend.
    Good move....but I can't wait liao!!

Will keep all posted!!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Philip sale at toa payoh is this weekend.
    Thanks bro. But will give it a miss this year.

Cheers.