Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Versilia on Haig - Ipoh Lane

Quote Originally Posted by BIC
    Hi mezo and skyevia,

In that case, I will also install solar film for my unit. Else regret after putting grills and realised I needed it!!!

As for the grills, I was quoted $2,700 for the installation of powder-coated sliding grills for the 3 bedrooms. This will be in accordance to the design required by the developer. Should be the hollow type.....

Cheers.
    Grill cost is by psf. It depends on how much area it is going to cover. But $2700 seems very expensive for just 3 bedroom. U sticking with your earlier reno quote of >$30K?

Guys, do note that those ID always take a big chopper when they know you stay in a condo. Always look around and compare prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mezo
    Grill cost is by psf. It depends on how much area it is going to cover. But $2700 seems very expensive for just 3 bedroom. U sticking with your earlier reno quote of >$30K?

Guys, do note that those ID always take a big chopper when they know you stay in a condo. Always look around and compare prices.
    Gosh....I thought $2,700 was reasonable. A friend of mine got a higher quote.

Yup, reno quote keeps increasing.....

I am being quoted $1800 for 2 bedroom- opt out for the other room cos it comes with sliding door torwards the balcony/planters. That is so call the "hollow Aluminum material" Complimentary "frosted lamination" for both the toliets when i asked for better pricing.

However, the contractor called back yesterday and claimed that the above material (ie hollow aluminum) may not able to use for the design required by developer and this really puzzled me. I am contacting other contractors next week to verify, or just ask my ID to recommend ( which the cost can be a unknown too)

Default Busy Busy Busy

Hi,

I guess everyone has been busy with their reno / move-in works.

So am I.....tons of matters to settle.

See you guys soon at Versilia.

Cheers.

Hi BIC, how long does it take for the developer to rectify the defects? It has been one week and nothing was done. So sad, dunno when reno can start! Did you deck up your balcony? How much does it cost? I was quoted 1200-1500. Is this reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by i0east
    Hi BIC, how long does it take for the developer to rectify the defects? It has been one week and nothing was done. So sad, dunno when reno can start! Did you deck up your balcony? How much does it cost? I was quoted 1200-1500. Is this reasonable?
    Hi i0east,

Initially I was like you, thinking that have to wait for all defects to be rectified first before reno. Not the case. Once they have conducted a joint-inspection with you to confirm the defect list, you can start reno.

They will recetify the defect in parallel, depending on the defects. These guys (Straits Construction) are very friendly and reasonable.

Yes, I have decked-up my balcony with chengnai wood. My ID quoted me one price for my whole reno. No breakdown of the costs.

Meeting Jack Lim from the solar film company for a quote this morning.

Cheers.

My planter (3m x 1.3m) cost me $850. Yr balcony is bigger so should cost more.

Saw that someone has actually moved in on the 15th floor. Wow, he's the first resident of Versilia.

Thanks for sharing , Guys. I also saw the unit that Mezo mentioned. They are really fast. Trying to keep Reno as simple as possible so as to make things
    move faster for me a bit. I have shortlisted some furniture and electrical appliances but yet to make any purchases. Very slow hor. Now trying hard to play catch up.

My planter (3m x 1.3m) cost me $850. Yr balcony is bigger so should cost more.

Saw that someone has actually moved in on the 15th floor. Wow, he's the first resident of Versilia.
    Hi,

Was at my unit earlier. Should be doing the solar film for my MBR ($1130) and Children's room ($450) only as have partial west sun.

As for the chengnai decking, I will be removing it after installation...sigh!! Found that its too high and make standing at the balcony feel dangerous. Worried for my kids.

Yup, Saw the unit in Blk 33, Level 15. In fact, my neighbour also shifting in today full force.

I am still 5 weeks away from shifting in.

Cheers.

Hi All,

Hows your reno and move-in coming along....?
    Was at site today and still not many units have moved in.

Cheers.

Hi BIC,

They just started to rectify the defects at my place yesterday. I think probably can start reno late next week? Most likely to get a contractor instead of ID liao.

Whom did you get to do the window grills and solar film? I need to put the solar film for the master bedroom and bedroom 3. As for window grille, it will be for bedroom 2 only.

Hi BIC,

They just started to rectify the defects at my place yesterday. I think probably can start reno late next week? Most likely to get a contractor instead of ID liao.

Whom did you get to do the window grills and solar film? I need to put the solar film for the master bedroom and bedroom 3. As for window grille, it will be for bedroom 2 only.
    Hi i0east,

For the window grill, my ID is arranging and hence do not know the contractor.

However, there is this contractor that has done for my neighbour and for a few households in Versilia. You may want to contact him for a quote.

Mr Lim - Wrought Aluminium P/L (HP : 9027 9222)

As for the solar film, I will be using from Perfect Window Films. Their 85% IR rejection is at $3.50psf. Quite reasonable i think.

www.perfect.com.sg

Cheers.

I am lookin for contractor to deck up my planter.
    Any recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by centrico
    Any recommendation?
    Cant help you with this.....mine is also done by my ID.

Anyone else can do the honours!!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by centrico
    Any recommendation?
    May consider this one:
    http://www.goodhill.com/app/decking.php?page=catalogue

thank you komo n BIC
    shall check with them

hi Centrico and all

I am using Palm Wood for decking instead..The surface seems less "slippery" esp with water on surface but not as "shinning " as others.

check out this website FYI
    http://www.enitoflooring.com/decking.htm

I am using Wrought Alumumin for the grills after few rounds of reviewing- they are using Alloy , thus pricing can be slightly higher , They also "claimed" that the standard " double U " hollow type cannot be used ( or rather hard to manufacture) based on our "unique design requirement. I signed up with them after viewing other units installation ( 14-01 owner is very kind to let me view his unti installation after Wong's recommedation)- very well craftmanship indeed .Alternatively, u can consider using Iron type, much cheaper that Alloy but probably heavier and prone to "corrision" over years.

BIC, based on your psf, seems that u really get a good pricing for solar film, I was quoted $1500 for two full rooms ......seems more expensive than yours.-but with the same 85% IR rejection. Can I know the approx pricing for the solar film for all your 3 rooms ?

thanks
    se

Quote Originally Posted by skyevia
    hi Centrico and all

I am using Palm Wood for decking instead..The surface seems less "slippery" esp with water on surface but not as "shinning " as others.

check out this website FYI
    http://www.enitoflooring.com/decking.htm

I am using Wrought Alumumin for the grills after few rounds of reviewing- they are using Alloy , thus pricing can be slightly higher , They also "claimed" that the standard " double U " hollow type cannot be used ( or rather hard to manufacture) based on our "unique design requirement. I signed up with them after viewing other units installation ( 14-01 owner is very kind to let me view his unti installation after Wong's recommedation)- very well craftmanship indeed .Alternatively, u can consider using Iron type, much cheaper that Alloy but probably heavier and prone to "corrision" over years.

BIC, based on your psf, seems that u really get a good pricing for solar film, I was quoted $1500 for two full rooms ......seems more expensive than yours.-but with the same 85% IR rejection. Can I know the approx pricing for the solar film for all your 3 rooms ?

thanks
    se
    Hi skyevia,

Will just be having solar films for my MBR (excluding toilet) and Kids room. Total about $690. With the 3rd bedroom, I guess it will just be slightly above $900. Why not give Perfect film a call and asked them to take the windows measurement.

Cheers.

Thanks BIC and Skyevia.

I will give a call to Wrought Alumumin and Perfect Window Films.

Thank you skyevia
    A friend suggested using composite wood like the one used in our swimming pool area.
    It is guaranteed 15 yrs.
    Torn between natural or synthetic wood

Smile

Thanks BIC for the sharing

Centrico, Composite Wood is beautifu too - It looks very "natural" and should be pretty durable, though I am not sure the psf .

Thanks BIC and Skyevia.

I will give a call to Wrought Alumumin and Perfect Window Films.
    My solar film cost $3 psf for a total of $732 for MBR and 2 bedroom (244sf). Its Javaco (from Japan) and 10 years warranty, though the heat rejection is only at 55%.

Surprised to hear that our grill is difficult to manufacture, my contractor didnt say anything.

Hi,

Paid maintenance fees already but still have not use the pool and gym facilities......

Anyone care to share their experience....especially swimming under the bridge!!!

Cheers.

Dear Owners,

A new high for Versilia :

31 Ipoh Lane #12-02
    Freehold
    $1095
    $1120k
    11 Jun 10

I believed it is still lacking behind its full potential!!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC
    Dear Owners,

A new high for Versilia :

31 Ipoh Lane #12-02
    Freehold
    $1095
    $1120k
    11 Jun 10

I believed it is still lacking behind its full potential!!

Cheers.
    03 stack owners, i believe there are people with ready cheque... I got an offer 1 week back but i rejected as need for own stay, the buyer looking for 03 stack only.

03 stack owners, i believe there are people with ready cheque... I got an offer 1 week back but i rejected as need for own stay, the buyer looking for 03 stack only.
    And how much psf did they offer may i ask?

I think the highest psf transacted was 1252 during the first launch.

Quote Originally Posted by dereklpy
    And how much psf did they offer may i ask?
    ~1150psf, cheque ready, no need to view

Guys,
    have any of you tested the intercom? Is it audio only or both audio and video?

Guys,
    have any of you tested the intercom? Is it audio only or both audio and video?
    Hi mezo,

I did. Its both audio and video.

However, I do find the buttons flimsy. Anyway, its still a good and useful intercom.

Cheers.