Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Versilia on Haig - Ipoh Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Hi BIC,
    Actually no. I'm vested elsewhere.
    Just that you raised a topic which I currently have in mind.
    Thanks and congrats on your new property purchase!
    Hi Komo,

You are welcome to this thread anytime!!

Am aware about the invisible grills. Will also try my luck with the developer. Cheers.

Huh, visitors asked to go neighbouring area to park???

Worst than HDB. At least HDB got carpark for visitors. Imagine ask your visitors or friends to go park at HDB carpark some distance away and walk over - totally embarrassing - I think no one will dare to entertain in this house - so malu. This is not exactly prime CBD area - why cut corners until not enough place for carpark? Despise this type of developer that cheapen the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose88
    Huh, visitors asked to go neighbouring area to park???

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Worst than HDB. At least HDB got carpark for visitors. Imagine ask your visitors or friends to go park at HDB carpark some distance away and walk over - totally embarrassing - I think no one will dare to entertain in this house - so malu. This is not exactly prime CBD area - why cut corners until not enough place for carpark? Despise this type of developer that cheapen the area.
    blame the govt.

developers merely maximising their returns

Don't everything blame govt lah . Developer definitely can squeeze in some visitors lots (at expense of some landscape for small developments) but I guess its something that some buyers find not important - not everyone entertain at home or have many visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    blame the govt.

developers merely maximising their returns

My condo next door has never restricted visitors, even though we only have 1-to-1 ratio for car park lots. Even during weekends, when people are organising BBQ and functions, we never run out.

This rule should be relaxed soon, since not all the lots will be taken.

Default FYI

Hi all

was told by Wong that after 1 year, MSCT can be formed where the commitee can propose and decide whether to allocate few lots of visitors and "allocate" a washing bay area for owners.

During my key collection - I just knew that a relative of mine is the sub contractor and am relieved to hear that the materials used in all units are of good standard and range....

Docking/"marbles" at swimming pool is considered as good material range though I agree that the function room is too small to be fully uliltised.

cheers
    SE

128 units there with 128 lots... still can allocate some to visitors??? wouldn't that be unfair to the unit owners where they should be guaranteed 1 lot per unit?

What about those owners who have 2 cars?
    Are they going to give us extra lot?

Quote Originally Posted by centrico
    What about those owners who have 2 cars?
    Are they going to give us extra lot?
    Usual practice is for 2nd car to park outside the condo. However, the mgt may allow 2nd car to park in the condo till they activate the 1 car lot per unit rule.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The developers also categorize the residents like "These bunch of fellows don't need cars for 1 reason or another, so 128 lots for 128 units enough lah!".
    Reasons may be:
    - if they want to live near MRT, they probably don't drive.
    - These buggers not enough money want to buy private properties, so no money left for buying & maintaining cars, no point having more car park lots.
    - This area's condos mostly for rental to expats who don't drive, so can built less car park lots.
    - The govt regulation says they only need to build min 75(?)% car park lots for condo within xxx m (can't remember how far) to MRT, so they can just build the min lah! (save them money!)
    .... (more?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose88
    128 units there with 128 lots... still can allocate some to visitors??? wouldn't that be unfair to the unit owners where they should be guaranteed 1 lot per unit?

condos r not just about car lots

go buy geylang apt w/o facilities if u fancy car lots...plenty of extra car lots

It is ashame to tell people you live in condos that do not have car park lots to park your cars and have to resort to road side parking (illegal acts) or have to park in HDB estates! Even HDB flat dwellers are much better with their usually sufficient car park lots for their cars and visitors.
    Why pay so much for such condos to suffer?
    Then complain and quarrel with condo security guards, neighbours etc because of car park lots (as reported in newspapers).
    There are still many nice and well-located condos around with more than sufficient car park lots.

condos r not just about car lots

go buy geylang apt w/o facilities if u fancy car lots...plenty of extra car lots

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    It is ashame to tell people you live in condos that do not have car park lots to park your cars and have to resort to road side parking (illegal acts) or have to park in HDB estates! Even HDB flat dwellers are much better with their usually sufficient car park lots for their cars and visitors.
    Why pay so much for such condos to suffer?
    Then complain and quarrel with condo security guards, neighbours etc because of car park lots (as reported in newspapers).
    There are still many nice and well-located condos around with more than sufficient car park lots.
    People who stay in landed properties can only have no more than 1-3 friends visiting each time. Best is not to entertain people at home.

Well, that is an issue with landed properties and hence used to be an advantage of condos over landed.
    If condos have no additional advantage over landed, might as well buy landed?
    If condos have no additional advantage over HDB, might as well buy HDB (and so much cheaper some more)?

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    People who stay in landed properties can only have no more than 1-3 friends visiting each time. Best is not to entertain people at home.

On a serious note, i do have a friend who's condo simply do not cater to visitors (think there're 2 visitor lots for 100+ units apartment).
    It's kinda rediculous and everyone just avoid going over, even for special occassion cos we just duno where to park our cars. At least vesilia have a HDB carpark opposite tho it's kinda troublesome

Grew up in landed property. Never had problem entertaining. Somehow people can find place to park around the sprawling landed estate. But for a condo fronting a road with no parking, only way is to ask people to park at HDB carpark at a distance and tear coupon. Your friends may not complain in front of you lah, but behind your back, they will complain one and minus point on your development liao But on a positive note, I'm sure no one will choose to gather around or chill out at the apartment with no parking or need to park far away and tear coupon lor which means less cleaning up.

Grew up in landed property. Never had problem entertaining. Somehow people can find place to park around the sprawling landed estate. But for a condo fronting a road with no parking, only way is to ask people to park at HDB carpark at a distance and tear coupon. Your friends may not complain in front of you lah, but behind your back, they will complain one and minus point on your development liao
    The last time I went to my friend's landed home, every other lane around the house were fully parked with cars on both side, and I had to park far away outside the "allowable" zone. At least if a HDB carpark is near, it's definitely much better and safer for kids as well, and don't have to worry about kanna fine.

Wooooooo,

The hot topic of parking spaces in Singapore has surfaced in this forum.

Yes, it will definitely caused inconvenience to your guests during any visits.

However, the Managing Agent wants to ensure that all unit owner has at least one carpark lot available anytime. In my opinion, this is top priority.

When all the owners have moved in, I believed we can discussed the issue again with them.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    The last time I went to my friend's landed home, every other lane around the house were fully parked with cars on both side, and I had to park far away outside the "allowable" zone. At least if a HDB carpark is near, it's definitely much better and safer for kids as well, and don't have to worry about kanna fine.
    Hi komo,

I share your view. Landed property owners have their parking woes too!!

Singapore is getting smaller and crowded with people and cars.

We just have to get on with life....

Cheers.

every project has their pros and cons - Every unit owner has their own/different expectations for the price they purchased -Ultimately, as long as you and your loved one stay comfortably and happily- that's most important.

Travelling to other poor countries and you will "tonnes" of people staying under "unbearable" conditions.

Take it easy and cheers.my 2 cents thoughts Happy staying

lets face it...for those who fancy newer developments...u goto bear with carpark crunch issues...mostly 1to1 nowadays

govt allow 1to1 and even 60% of the total units for those condo near MRT...for CBD...dun hf to provide any car lots

it sends a clear signal tat they really wana cut down the number of cars...make it more and more inconvenient and 'force' u all to take public transport

in a way, this cud partially explains y condos near MRT r hotly contested and very popular among homebuyers nowadays

at least if ur condo is near MRT, ur frens/relatives can visit u via MRT if no nearby HDB parking lots or insufficient visitor lots in ur estate.

i am actually quite supportive on the clamp down of number of cars...if govt dun do anything and let car ownership rise....SG will be jammed from pasir ris to boonlay...so wats the point of driving by den

certain big cities in other countries can have 1-2hr jams daily EVERYDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by skyevia
    every project has their pros and cons - Every unit owner has their own/different expectations for the price they purchased -Ultimately, as long as you and your loved one stay comfortably and happily- that's most important.

Travelling to other poor countries and you will "tonnes" of people staying under "unbearable" conditions.

Take it easy and cheers.my 2 cents thoughts Happy staying
    Hi skyevia,

Totally agree!!!

Which stack are you in? Cheers.

lets face it...for those who fancy newer developments...u goto bear with carpark crunch issues...mostly 1to1 nowadays

govt allow 1to1 and even 60% of the total units for those condo near MRT...for CBD...dun hf to provide any car lots

it sends a clear signal tat they really wana cut down the number of cars...make it more and more inconvenient and 'force' u all to take public transport

in a way, this cud partially explains y condos near MRT r hotly contested and very popular among homebuyers nowadays

at least if ur condo is near MRT, ur frens/relatives can visit u via MRT if no nearby HDB parking lots or insufficient visitor lots in ur estate.

i am actually quite supportive on the clamp down of number of cars...if govt dun do anything and let car ownership rise....SG will be jammed from pasir ris to boonlay...so wats the point of driving by den

Hi devilplate,

Well said.

Unfortunately, the crowds and shortage of carpark spaces are here to stay.

Sigh......

Hoi Hup is pretty good. They won a couple of design awards before. For this development, I like the pillarless view.

Hi all

was told by Wong that after 1 year, MSCT can be formed where the commitee can propose and decide whether to allocate few lots of visitors and "allocate" a washing bay area for owners.

During my key collection - I just knew that a relative of mine is the sub contractor and am relieved to hear that the materials used in all units are of good standard and range....

Docking/"marbles" at swimming pool is considered as good material range though I agree that the function room is too small to be fully uliltised.

cheers
    SE

What about a prime district condo near a MRT? Does that mean the visitors need to take MRT? Does not sound appealing to the rich...

Hi BIC
    stack 07....
    cheers
    se

Hi BIC
    stack 07....
    cheers
    se
    Hi skyevia,

Great!!! The updated list of owners in this thread as follows :

1. BIC (stack 05)
    2. Mezo (stack 03)
    3. alxyan (stack 03)
    4. centrico (stack02)
    5. Winstan (stack 06)
    6. kaida (stack 01)
    7. i0east (stack 05)
    8. foxrun (stack 08)
    9. dist15 (stack 08)
    10. alfchia (stack 07)
    11. att (stack 07)
    12. skyevia (stack 07)

116 more units to go and counting.......

Cheers.

Good morning All!

Anybody collecting keys next week?

We tried calling the managing agent since last week. Still, can only collect keys next week. So sad

Hope we can all meet up when we shift in to Versilia

Quote Originally Posted by i0east
    Good morning All!

Anybody collecting keys next week?

We tried calling the managing agent since last week. Still, can only collect keys next week. So sad

Hope we can all meet up when we shift in to Versilia
    Hi i0east,

Was told by developer that this week already full liao!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in stack 05 soon...ha ha

Yup, a gathering of soughts will be good when all have settled in.

Cheers.