Thread: Orchid Park Condo (99 years)

Default Orchid Park Condo (99 years)

Orchid Park Condo: Spacious condo masionette.

Project: Orchid Park Condominium

Address: Yishun Street 81

TOP: 1994

Tenure: 99 years (Wef from September 1991)

Maintenance Fee: $248 + 40 sinking funds.

-8 minutes walk to market, eateries and supermarkets.
    -Opposite Orchid country club and Seletar reservoir
    -High possible En-bloc opportunity
    -Easy accessibility to SLE, TPE & CTE
    -Last 3 exclusive units for sale.
    -All Top floor view
    -All top floor 2 storey units available.

Facilities:
    SWIMMING POOL, WADING POOL, GYMNASIUM, TENNIS COURT, SQUASH COURT, SAUNA, FITNESS TRACK, PLAYGROUND, BARBEQUE AREA, CLUBHOUSE, BILLIARD ROOM, GAMES ROOM, PUTTING GREEN, 24-HOUR SECURITY, CAR PARK.

Interested for viewing appointment.

Please call. Aaron | 90287921.

This is by far one of the lowest under BCA's construction quality assessment system. How would this devt ever compare with the nearer to MRT devt by MCL land, though that will definitely be more expansive...

Maybe some owners are selling in anticipation of the new devt.... as long as the price is reasonable, there shall be buyers, more so if it is really cheap i.e first time home owners or HDB upgraders around the vicinity.

Default Updated information

One unit #11-06 has been sold.

Last 2 exclusive unit left.

Interesed personeel, do let me know. Thanks.

Aaron | 90287921.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

$659 psf?
    Still has $41 psf more to go before going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo hit $700 psf.

Orchid Park Condo
    Address ............................. psf ............ Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    95 Yishun Street 81 #08-06 .... $659 psf .... 872 sqft .... $575,000 .... 19 Jan 10

The penthouses are asking above $850k to $100K now... with good views of the reserviour and double deck..

A pity the layout is not a ideal rectangle... may have a edge too many to some... and the worst of it all, it's the design... generations apart.

Basic space and needs fulfilled, other aspects have to be sacrificed. I would hold the view that many potential or existing Shaugnessy owners were likely to have considered this but gave them a miss...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, 3 March 2010 12.25 am
    $659 psf?
    Still has $41 psf more to go before going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo hit $700 psf.

Orchid Park Condo
    Address .............................. psf ............ Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    95 Yishun Street 81 #08-06 .... $659 psf .... 872 sqft .... $575,000 .... 19 Jan 10
    $659 psf? $41 psf to $700 psf?
    Oh please! That is history!

In less than a month, #08-06, which set the last high, has been flipped to set another new high!

The new high for going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo is now $694 psf!
    That is only $6 psf away from $700 psf!

Orchid Park Condo
    Address .............................. psf ............ Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    95 Yishun Street 81 #08-06 .... $694 psf .... 872 sqft .... $605,000 .... 17 Feb 10

The condo seems to be on elevated ground but it still look rather low. I think even those at the 7th or 8th floors still cannot see the reservior. Anyone knows what is the ceiling height of a unit? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    This is by far one of the lowest under BCA's construction quality assessment system. How would this devt ever compare with the nearer to MRT devt by MCL land, though that will definitely be more expansive...

Maybe some owners are selling in anticipation of the new devt.... as long as the price is reasonable, there shall be buyers, more so if it is really cheap i.e first time home owners or HDB upgraders around the vicinity.
    Hi, where did you get this information? Thanks

http://www.corenet.gov.sg/homeowners...SortBy=TopDate

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Hi, where did you get this information? Thanks

Going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo has a nëw hïgh of $697 psf!
    Can it hit $700 psf soon?

Orchid Park Condo
    Address ............................. psf ............ Area ........ Price ......... Contract Date
    93 Yishun Street 81 #02-12 .... $697 psf .... 872 sqft .... $608,000 .... 7 May 10

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Going-16-year-old Orchid Park Condo has a nëw hïgh of $697 psf!
    Can it hit $700 psf soon?

Orchid Park Condo
    93 Yishun Street 81 #02-12 .... $697 psf .... 872 sqft .... $608,000 .... 7 May 10
    I bet it will! The whole yishun estate is a hidden gem.

I bet it will! The whole yishun estate is a hidden gem.

Hi why do u think it's a hidden gem?

Cos the prices are still low?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Hi why do u think it's a hidden gem?

Cos the prices are still low?
    For one, there is very good upward potential in terms of quantum vis a vis the market and that the estate still has much to be developed, with very good surrounding elements and many land parcels.

Default Orchid Park Condo

I've viewed several units in this condo. It has good communal space and is an easy walk from the MRT.

But it smells - old age and a lack of ventilation. The lifts are musty, the access corridors small and not wide enough. And there's plenty of water leakage from upper bathrooms into lower units. Seems that water leakage has been a perennial problem at Orchid Park.

The lower units don't get much light, and the 2 or 3 bed units have long narrow bedrooms, small kitchens with light from a glazed door and ultra-tight wash areas. And there's heavy traffic noise from the road on the reservoir side.

All-in All : In my opinion it's too run down given so much better designed places elsewhere. A pity but some condos never were well designed and Orchid Park is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by scott7777
    I've viewed several units in this condo. It has good communal space and is an easy walk from the MRT.

But it smells - old age and a lack of ventilation. The lifts are musty, the access corridors small and not wide enough. And there's plenty of water leakage from upper bathrooms into lower units. Seems that water leakage has been a perennial problem at Orchid Park.

The lower units don't get much light, and the 2 or 3 bed units have long narrow bedrooms, small kitchens with light from a glazed door and ultra-tight wash areas. And there's heavy traffic noise from the road on the reservoir side.

All-in All : In my opinion it's too run down given so much better designed places elsewhere. A pity but some condos never were well designed and Orchid Park is one of them.
    From the outside it looks ok. Seems that the quality inside is questionable (surprised as developer is FEO) or is it poor maintenance.

From the outside it looks ok. Seems that the quality inside is questionable (surprised as developer is FEO) or is it poor maintenance.
    Yes, this is unbelivable.. think it was constructed for some foreign talent like that. Anyway that is good news for those hoping for enblock, lousy design, lousy price, lousy neighbours, will lead to early release at lower price. Bet on it. A few penthouses laylong laylong for a long long time and developer still left with some unsold units.

Trying to talk down the development with ulterior motives? Emphasie negative aspect of the development even though u have viewed several units. Can't get the unit u want at your price?
    Quote me a place with such fanstatic reservoir view and yet is as afforable as this condo. Not only it has reservoir view, it is also next to greenary of Orchid Country Club, Seletar Country Club Golf course and Seletar Base Golf course. The view is totally unblocked and it is almost guaranteed to be remain so in future?? Wait till it is re-painted and touch-up and u will have to pay even more for a unit there. Take it now or leave it and possibly regret later.

Quote Originally Posted by scott7777

oh..... angry women.... scotty... better apologise.

Anyway it is a fact lah.. dun get to personal... if it is so good.. the price now will be near to the Estuary lah... but why for so many many years.... cheaper than some EC or as close as EC at best?

That speaks everything about the project.

Using your analogy of having good views and close to everything. I think the HDB's just beside them or the EC's in Yishun will be better in terms of value.

Relax

some post here saying en bloc potential. Is it possible for 19 year old project?

19 years old - unlikely.
    99 years LH - less likely
    Many units - less likely
    Only good thing going this development is that it's getting run down. That's always a good sign... for en bloc

Too far from City - less likely to draw interest from developers esp if there is potential for Governland Land Sales (GLS) in that area.

Why would a developer pay EB prices when they can get fresh 99-yr lease from the Govt and build from the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    19 years old - unlikely.
    99 years LH - less likely
    Many units - less likely
    Only good thing going this development is that it's getting run down. That's always a good sign... for en bloc

Too far from City - less likely to draw interest from developers esp if there is potential for Governland Land Sales (GLS) in that area.

Why would a developer pay EB prices when they can get fresh 99-yr lease from the Govt and build from the ground?
    when they have balanced units no sold... e.g. estuary. But it has been stated as all sold...

when they want them to move...

this project is hopeless... too run down. Just wait... almost like HDB prices.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    when they have balanced units no sold... e.g. estuary. But it has been stated as all sold...

when they want them to move...

this project is hopeless... too run down. Just wait... almost like HDB prices.
    Is there balance units in Estuary? u heard from agent?

This will also mean that those "good views" condo very run down never mind, it must be freehold to interest the developer.

Estuary was awarded for $350 ppr psf and selling for $750psf - $850psf on average.

Total Unit 615 units
    § 2-Bedrooms (81 - 99 sqm)
    § 3-Bedrooms (106 - 116 sqm)
    § Maisonette (146 - 170 sqm)
    Tenure: 99 from 01/09/1991
    TOP: 1997

Can somehow here calculate what is the re-development charges and top up cost to 99 LH? I do not have the land size thou.

Is there balance units in Estuary? u heard from agent?
    There are balance units lah... I don't hear agent talk.. I do my own research..

Sometimes what you see and hear are not the truth but intended to lead you to belive that it is the truth...

the wiser one knows what is going on. The foolish ones got cheated. Hahah