Thread: Agency revealed unit number, price

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Agency revealed unit number, price

http://www.straitstimes.com/Think/St...ry_380997.html

May 24, 2009 Sunday

Agency revealed unit number, price

I recently sold my property through DTZ.

Early this month, I was very upset when I received a flyer which stated the condominium developments, unit numbers and exact transaction prices of properties transacted by the company in the East Coast area. My unit at 1 Amber, #xx-0x, and the transaction price were at the top of the list.

I wrote immediately to DTZ and complained about the agents who had publicly distributed the details of my unit number and exact sale price.

I have yet to receive a reply.

Such information should be confidential and not made public, much less advertised and distributed freely.

By contrast, the Urban Redevelopment Authority's two online services, Prices Of Units Sold In Private Residential Properties and Private Residential Property Transactions With Caveats Lodged, respect the privacy of both seller and buyer by not revealing the address or the transaction price.

Eve Tan (Ms)

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny

May 24, 2009 Sunday

Early this month, I was very upset when I received a flyer which stated the condominium developments, unit numbers and exact transaction prices of properties transacted by the company in the East Coast area. My unit at 1 Amber, #xx-0x, and the transaction price were at the top of the list.

I wrote immediately to DTZ and complained about the agents who had publicly distributed the details of my unit number and exact sale price.

Such information should be confidential and not made public, much less advertised and distributed freely.

By contrast, the Urban Redevelopment Authority's two online services, Prices Of Units Sold In Private Residential Properties and Private Residential Property Transactions With Caveats Lodged, respect the privacy of both seller and buyer by not revealing the address or the transaction price.

Eve Tan (Ms)
    Not really an issue right? Since your lawyers would be having that information, his secretaries, the buyer, he informing his friends, his friends informing others etc. Anyway such information is also available at a fee through a search at Realis at URA after a while. The tax department would know it too.. since so many people would know it... why the concern?

Did you sell for a very high/low price that you want to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny

May 24, 2009 Sunday

Eve Tan (Ms)
    did you know that if i go to URA website ..make an online payment , i will have 24 hr access .. to all info .. price, name of buyer, current home address of buyer , name .. etc etc .. ?

such info is made available to ..study the market .. how many buyers are from HDB owner, how many are private home owners ..etc etc

so cant fault the agent cos ura made it available and they pay to get those info ..

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Not really an issue right? Since your lawyers would be having that information, his secretaries, the buyer, he informing his friends, his friends informing others etc. Anyway such information is also available at a fee through a search at Realis at URA after a while. The tax department would know it too.. since so many people would know it... why the concern?

Did you sell for a very high/low price that you want to hide?
    Huh.. I may be wrong but it seems to me you are assuming Mr Funny is the seller?

He is the main contributor for ST/BT articles in this forum. You can see his nick in almost all contributed articles.

Note: *All news articles are reproduced from, and remain the property of, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd and MediaCorp Press Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Huh.. I may be wrong but it seems to me you are assuming Mr Funny is the seller?

He is the main contributor for ST/BT articles in this forum. You can see his nick in almost all contributed articles.

Note: *All news articles are reproduced from, and remain the property of, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd and MediaCorp Press Ltd.
    Hi apple, i believe many ppl who has been in this forum long enough would know that condorich KNOWS who Mr Funny already is. Condorich replies in that manner because he is trying to tell Ms Eva (and not Mr Funy) that the issue she raised is not a big deal , and also hoping that Ms Eva is a regular condo forum reader.

Ms Eva is simply unaware of the existence of Realis.

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    Hi apple, i believe many ppl who has been in this forum long enough would know that condorich KNOWS who Mr Funny already is. Condorich replies in that manner because he is trying to tell Ms Eva (and not Mr Funy) that the issue she raised is not a big deal , and also hoping that Ms Eva is a regular condo forum reader.
    Woo.. Learn something today. Thank!

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Woo.. Learn something today. Thank!
    LOL, yes, I was replying to the writer and not to Mr. Funny. I know that he is a Funny guy with lots of reproduced articles. Anyway I must admit that I have miss read the post as Eve's. But other forummers are right to say that I am replying to her.

Eve... where r u?..... got a reply from D. T. Z??

Default DTZ

DTZs... searching a house recently and encountered 3 DTZs agents. One speak very arrogantly as if I cannot afford, take it or leave it attitude and can quarrel on the phone.

One DTZs I tried calling, SMS, and even email via propertyguru website, for 2 days, never respond at all!

Another 1, she picked up my call and say she is at HDB centre, only can talk the NEXT day! The next day, I call her again, she says she is busy and will call back. Guess what... never call back lah.

I think the trash of the agents alot in D T Z ...