• Bullish

38 50.67%
  • Bearish

37 49.33%
Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Property market sentiments?

Quote Originally Posted by kalumder
    speaking of talking cock.
    do you know what a PR is and how to obtain it? you might want to read up on it.
    I always thought German are proud of their country? Why come to this tiny red dot? Houses here are cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    he may be german ... but if he is a PR .. he can still buy landed ... just like Jet Li ....

eerrr looks like you just slap yourself ..with the Nuts and talking cock thingy ...

are you local ?
    foreigners can also buy (*subject to approval by authorities) if you are rich and contributes greatly to Singapore. Approval is no problem. Imagine if George Bush wants to buy at Sentosa, any reason for SG government to say no.... (there are also work arounds - both legal and illegal)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    What else can CPF OA be used for? Leave it in CPF to get 2.5%, probably not enough to beat inflation. Used for stocks, most people enter at the wrong time, select the wrong stocks and get burnt ... so our government decides to let you buy property loh, at least property government can control price indirectly (the only time they were too slow to act was 1996/1997 bubble).
    Hi pal, some pp buy properties oso can get burnt one u know ... .... I think the discussion is about having divides in our society in time to come .. the rich will be concenntrated in the central region where even the hdb oso damn expensive ... those poor if currently staying there may be forced to move out .. to where? maybe sembawang, jurong, etc. ... but govt is fair so there will be mrt lines to serve them bah :P Then the ultra rich ones no need to worry abt that coz they stay in the central mah (gfoo is considered as one; he can walk to work & maybe golf ... that's why he desires that toy that Beijing Olympics used ) ....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    either my english not good or you contradicting yourself ..

you are one of those , who has holding power ... and yet has removed your listing in view of future huge increase in prices ??

why list your property in the first place ? only to remove it later and say you have holding power ??
    Because it's too troublesome for me to keep on increasing my asking prices. Since I anticipate the increase will go on and will be huge, I'd rather remove my listings.

you lack reading comprehension. Fact is, that landed listings are increasing on a daily basis. That does not mean that most cant hold, or some retract (although why not leave it on the market and just keep asking your expected price?). IT just means that a % cant. IT is no surpise, as rental contracts are ending, and some owners who are higly leveraged are finding it difficult to find tenants under the same conditions as in the last 2 years.
    No need for personal attacks. Don't learn from the little boys here. Just clarify politely and we'll have a friendly discussion.

As for rental contracts, I'm still able to rent out my existing properties at good yields. The mainstream media may not be sprouting whole truths. Just today, there's (yet) another report saying net inflow of foreign expatriates is actually positive!

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Hi pal, some pp buy properties oso can get burnt one u know ... .... I think the discussion is about having divides in our society in time to come .. the rich will be concenntrated in the central region where even the hdb oso damn expensive ... those poor if currently staying there may be forced to move out .. to where? maybe sembawang, jurong, etc. ... but govt is fair so there will be mrt lines to serve them bah :P Then the ultra rich ones no need to worry abt that coz they stay in the central mah (gfoo is considered as one; he can walk to work & maybe golf ... that's why he desires that toy that Beijing Olympics used ) ....
    lol...arlo, i am nowhere close to be classified as rich lor, maybe middle class

dude, u do not understand the term rich people in singapore context. The rich in Singapore are both asset rich n have loads of cash in their banks. They do not need to leverage as they can afford to pay off all their GCBs in cash n still have millions in their bank accounts.
    So you are telling me that everyone who bought landed to rent out in Singapore is non-leveraged?

I really do not understand where in my posts I was not clear. I check propertyguru everyday, and noticed an increase in landed property being added on a daily basis to the site, by the agents in the last 2 weeks. Nothing more nothing less. How ever landed property rents have fallen by nearly 50% in the recent months. So why is it un-thinkable that a few owners will/might have problems?

There are plenty of rich people (asset rich)who are/where greedy and leveraged to the hilt (cash poor), and are struggling to meet their financial obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    dude, u do not understand the term rich people in singapore context. The rich in Singapore are both asset rich n have loads of cash in their banks. They do not need to leverage as they can afford to pay off all their GCBs in cash n still have millions in their bank accounts.
    Pal, he has not seen the wording ''privilege banking'' on my cheque before

remember last year when uob ran a promotion for i can't remember (was it 0.80% or 1%) fixed deposit for 1 year? billions were thrown at the bank for that low interest rate within a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner

i think stancart offers better interest rates for now (about 1.5%). I am thinking of converting half my funds to foreign currency, what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    remember last year when uob ran a promotion for i can't remember (was it 0.80% or 1%) fixed deposit for 1 year? billions were thrown at the bank for that low interest rate within a few days.

i am no currency expert, can't advise on that. yeah, nowadays, we have >1% interest sometimes. last year, less than 1% also people rush in.

i think stancart offers better interest rates for now (about 1.5%). I am thinking of converting half my funds to foreign currency, what would you suggest?

What impact do you think the news on F1 falling apart will have on local property? One of the hype factors in recent run up was F1.
    Now it wont have any of the big names or teams.

Will this make property sink? It will be interesting to see the spin the agents put on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    What impact do you think the news on F1 falling apart will have on local property? One of the hype factors in recent run up was F1.
    Now it wont have any of the big names or teams.

Will this make property sink? It will be interesting to see the spin the agents put on this one.
    hah i was wondering too.. SG paid a lot of $$ to have the rights, wat will happen now?

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    kalumder claims to be a german national. he does not qualify for a landed. as usual, a foreigner who knows nuts about s'pore talking cock.
    I think you are mistaken here.
    Foreigners who wish to buy a 'restricted' property (as defined under the Residential Property Act) can do so by obtainin in-principle approval from the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit of the SLA. Upon obtaining in-principle, which is valid for some 6 months, he/she can reccee around for one.

I speak as a foreigner who owns a landed residential property.

Quote Originally Posted by louisebrown
    I think you are mistaken here.
    Foreigners who wish to buy a 'restricted' property (as defined under the Residential Property Act) can do so by obtainin in-principle approval from the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit of the SLA. Upon obtaining in-principle, which is valid for some 6 months, he/she can reccee around for one.

I speak as a foreigner who owns a landed residential property.
    I know can apply. But chances not high. True? What about you?

why not high? as long as got $$ you can buy anything...both my ang moh bosses not PR just expats working here, they bought landed property for their own stay because of personal preference and bigger family they dun like condo.

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    why not high? as long as got $$ you can buy anything...both my ang moh bosses not PR just expats working here, they bought landed property for their own stay because of personal preference and bigger family they dun like condo.
    I mean of course they will look at who you are. Not tim dick harry can apply. So tat guy who just posted is someone hmmmmm......

You mean "private bank" right?.. previlege banking is any tom, dick, harry who have 200k.. and i think there a lot of them around..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    You mean "private bank" right?.. previlege banking is any tom, dick, harry who have 200k.. and i think there a lot of them around..
    i think priveldge banking is private banking. only saw 1 such cheque.

Even better, I chased a cheque with no name and no company, but the signatory is among singapore forbes top 20 richest.

It's not difficult if you meet the criteria. Get a good advisor and read up the Act.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    There are 70000 millionaires in singapore. So maybe at least 200000 tom dick harry holding on to this 'cheque book'

It's not difficult if you meet the criteria. Get a good advisor and read up the Act.
    dun need. my IC is pick

dun need. my IC is pick

Good for you
    I can't buy > 15,000 sq feet. BT has gotten it right. Jet Li's IC must be 'pick'.

I suggest u can convert half yr funds to joss paper

Good for you
    I can't buy > 15,000 sq feet. BT has gotten it right. Jet Li's IC must be 'pick'.
    Another solution might be able. Register a company, buy under company's name. Possible?

No. Read the Act carefully.

No. Read the Act carefully.
    Haha, dun need. Doesn't apply to me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    This is already happening. The less well-offs are selling off better-located HDBs to move to Sengkang & Punggol. The rich with children entering primary schools will move to Bukit Timah near top primary schools. DBSS HDBs cater only for high-income young couples.

anyway an agent friend told me today owners across the board are revising prices upwards or withdrawing units as ppl r rushing in again ~

woohoo the final bubble has began!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    anyway an agent friend told me today owners across the board are revising prices upwards or withdrawing units as ppl r rushing in again ~

woohoo the final bubble has began!
    at last.. a change in topic..