Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Aalto is considered as Meyer area

Should be Silversea, I think as high as $2400 psf
    Cape also >$2,000 psf
    Ya.. silversea got penthouse selling for >$12mil one...

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Ya.. silversea got penthouse selling for >$12mil one...
    anyone seen the penthouse show room? Issit better than reflections at keppel bay penthouse unit? Single floor 3000+++ sqft with true fronting SEA VIEW. going ard $10m

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    anyone seen the penthouse show room? Issit better than reflections at keppel bay penthouse unit? Single floor 3000+++ sqft with true fronting SEA VIEW. going ard $10m
    I think thats crazy. Wouldn't it be wiser to buy a landed property somewhere prestigious - Mount Sinai, Bukit Timah, Mountbatten etc.. you can even get a decent sized bungalow with a private swimming pool for that price!

Aalto PH done at $3000 psf

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    I think thats crazy. Wouldn't it be wiser to buy a landed property somewhere prestigious - Mount Sinai, Bukit Timah, Mountbatten etc.. you can even get a decent sized bungalow with a private swimming pool for that price!
    i also ask that qn b4. Conclusion...................must be already have a good class bungalow. Buy 1 seasiew shiok shiok to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Not only is the front (sea) view being blocked by Silversea, the back is also blocked by another FEO project - The Shore.

That could be the reason why the pool view is in higher demand then high floor units now...
    I don't think you are familiar with this project at all. The stacks facing towards the pool also face other blocks within the estate (there are 6 blocks and the pools are in the middle). If you look at the proximity of blocks, those facing either Paramount or The Shore are facing blocks that are further away than those units facing each other within The Sea View. Also, have a look at The Shore's estate plan. There are actually 2 pools, one with a shoreline facing Katong Shopping Centre, and the other on top of the carpark facing the back units of Sea View. That means that when Shore is up, these units WILL also have a pool view (but Shore's pool!), and a much wider view of the city than those facing the Sea View's pools.

Not only is the front (sea) view being blocked by Silversea, the back is also blocked by another FEO project - The Shore.

That could be the reason why the pool view is in higher demand then high floor units now...
    I don't think you are familiar with this project at all. The stacks facing towards the pool also face other blocks within the estate (there are 6 blocks and the pools are in the middle). If you look at the proximity of blocks, those facing either Paramount or The Shore are facing blocks that are further away than those units facing each other within The Sea View. Also, have a look at The Shore's estate plan. There are actually 2 pools, one with a shoreline facing Katong Shopping Centre, and the other on top of the carpark facing the back units of Sea View. That means that when Shore is up, these units WILL also have a pool view (but Shore's pool!), and a much wider view of the city than those facing the Sea View's pools.

The risk with the side facing the shore is that the nursery owner sells the land to some private developer for some residential development.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The risk with the side facing the shore is that the nursery owner sells the land to some private developer for some residential development.

the problem with east coast is that ....

simply too crowded ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

simply too crowded ...
    Isn't that the problem with every other prime area, Orchard, River Valley, Marina Bay etc

One thing good about Seaview is the distance for the blocks is very far apart of at least 50m.
    Not all stacks in The Seaview are good.
    Premium stacks are in high demand and very few in supply

Quote Originally Posted by condoinvestor
    Isn't that the problem with every other prime area, Orchard, River Valley, Marina Bay etc
    i was going to say tat jus now...but hold back....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

simply too crowded ...
    Agree. So have to find developments that aren't packed within. Otherwise there's just no breathing space.

Agree. So have to find developments that aren't packed within. Otherwise there's just no breathing space.
    Which developments around east coast/katong are well spaced and surrounding is not too crowded?

Haig Court?
    Dunman View?

I think the developers tried before Look at the entire area.. mostly bought by FEO and all the condos are expensive! Only that odd plot of nursery is not built. Also good la. easier to buy plants!

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    I think the developers tried before Look at the entire area.. mostly bought by FEO and all the condos are expensive! Only that odd plot of nursery is not built. Also good la. easier to buy plants!
    Cos the owner is still interested in the business. Must check out the owner and make sure its not some old uncle who's retiring in a few years.

Which developments around east coast/katong are well spaced and surrounding is not too crowded?

Haig Court?
    Dunman View?
    The Esta spacing btw blocks is not too bad but not as good as the Seaview, imho. One Amber block spacing and facing is not great. Plus too many water features. Any kids cycling on the paths can fall into the water feature unwittingly.

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    The Esta spacing btw blocks is not too bad but not as good as the Seaview, imho. One Amber block spacing and facing is not great. Plus too many water features. Any kids cycling on the paths can fall into the water feature unwittingly.
    I think Esta is worse than One Amber. The blocks at Esta are extremely close.. I can't estimate it but it's closer than I've ever seen. One Amber to me is actually not too bad. The layout of the blocks are different, and i find it quite interestingly designed.. anyways, its just my opinion.

One Amber internal layout is bad bad bad...
    Esta is ok, with their alternate balcony concept, so u can have some "loft" feeling...

but still find Sea View very shiok. Did u see their lobby in each block? Tap card and sliding door open leh.... then nice big aircon room...
    Esta is tap open a Gate!

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    Esta is ok, with their alternate balcony concept, so u can have some "loft" feeling...

but still find Sea View very shiok. Did u see their lobby in each block? Tap card and sliding door open leh.... then nice big aircon room...
    Esta is tap open a Gate!
    Tats y seaview maint fee is higher due to ac lobby

Esta is tap open a Gate!
    Esta and One Amber are having plot ratio of 2.8 whereas The Seaview is only 2.1
    As such, Seaview is a much better buy.
    Seaview has a much internal layout

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Esta and One Amber are having plot ratio of 2.8 whereas The Seaview is only 2.1
    As such, Seaview is a much better buy.
    Seaview has a much internal layout
    Market 90% accurate.....seAview aso cost 15-20% more

but prices coming down already...
    $1350psft asking for some units...

U goto call n view those cheap units to understand y so

The Seaview is better than Esta and One Amber because:

Location- closer to parkway, closer to future MRT
    Has 2 entrances instead of 1
    More spacious than either of them

Esta is tap open a Gate!
    Yes, that's why it is puzzling that Silversea has a price of $1,700 - $2,000 psf. I hope the owners realise that since they are closer to the highway, they will have to bear the noise from the cars! The Sea View on the other hand is away from this and yet sits on a great location. In comparison, Sea View units at $1,700 to $1,800 psf are very good buys now.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    The Seaview is better than Esta and One Amber because:

Location- closer to parkway, closer to future MRT
    Has 2 entrances instead of 1
    More spacious than either of them
    But for the same amount of money you spend, your living space in The Seaview is greatly compromised. Masterbed room is 3 quarters that of The Esta. At the end of the day, depends on what you want to spend on: bigger living space or huge AC lobby that u wont sleep in. Proximity to Parkway parade is not an issue. Walking from Esta to Parkway takes 10-12min.

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    But for the same amount of money you spend, your living space in The Seaview is greatly compromised. Masterbed room is 3 quarters that of The Esta. At the end of the day, depends on what you want to spend on: bigger living space or huge AC lobby that u wont sleep in. Proximity to Parkway parade is not an issue. Walking from Esta to Parkway takes 10-12min.
    My biz partner regretted did not follow me to buy The SEAVIEW unit
    at that time. Instead he goes for THE ESTA. THE SEAVIEW investment return is better than THE ESTA .

The SEAVIEW unit has a better potential to move even higher than THE ESTA in the next 5- 10 yrs ($1800-$2000) when MRT is ready. I Recently sold @ $1590 psf. as it has hit close my tgt selling price. But His THE ESTA unit was valued @ $1300 psf.

The only minor setback for THE SEAVIEW is that the master bedroom smaller than THE ESTA. Cannot swing the door freely when I put my KING
    SIZE bed. Need to shift close to the baywindow.

the clubhouse was a nice conservation bungalow.

have u seen it ?

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    My biz partner regretted did not follow me to buy The SEAVIEW unit
    at that time. Instead he goes for THE ESTA. THE SEAVIEW investment return is better than THE ESTA .

The SEAVIEW unit has a better potential to move even higher than THE ESTA in the next 5- 10 yrs ($1800-$2000) when MRT is ready. I Recently sold @ $1590 psf. as it has hit close my tgt selling price. But His THE ESTA unit was valued @ $1300 psf.

The only minor setback for THE SEAVIEW is that the master bedroom smaller than THE ESTA. Cannot swing the door freely when I put my KING
    SIZE bed. Need to shift close to the baywindow.
    different timing for both launches....seaview earlier.....so cant really compare

and let say u r looking to buy now....between esta at 1300psf vs seaview at 15xxpsf...which one better?