Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    When will the Esta TOP? Dun mind taking a look too...
    There is a photo posted in Esta thread, taken during the launch time, showing that the TOP date is on 31th August 2008. But now many ppl say is around Oct 08. Should be around that time to end of 2008. you will see more and more units available for viewing after TOP. now market very quiet.

hantu Guest

ghost month tends to be quiet... even for new launches...

pretty impressive outlook of this Seaview project

Unregistered... Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    pretty impressive outlook of this Seaview project
    Impressive enough to block by Silversea..The Seanoview..:P

should be SILVERSEA VIEW

Kace Guest

Esta looks very much like the seaview....Nothing fantastic about the seaview.Wont be surprised if sea view drops to 800psf in due time..Be patient..The time will come,esp when siversea comes up

MBF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kace
    Esta looks very much like the seaview....Nothing fantastic about the seaview.Wont be surprised if sea view drops to 800psf in due time..Be patient..The time will come,esp when siversea comes up
    wait n see - Silversea will only launch when market picks up - using same strategy as Marina Bay Suites

read this article
    Marina Bay Suites may be delayed
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...8179#post28179

So imagine when Silversea launch in good times at 1800-2000psf, do u think
    Sea View price will be lower............. in fact the entire Amber Rd will enjoy
    a re-pricing of valuations.

Unregistered____ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MBF
    wait n see - Silversea will only launch when market picks up - using same strategy as Marina Bay Suites

read this article
    Marina Bay Suites may be delayed
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...8179#post28179

So imagine when Silversea launch in good times at 1800-2000psf, do u think
    Sea View price will be lower............. in fact the entire Amber Rd will enjoy
    a re-pricing of valuations.

ya, it will eventually be launch, but when? 2 years later??

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered____
    ya, it will eventually be launch, but when? 2 years later??
    only FE can answer you - go ask them.

TheSeaView Guest

Default Property subsales - who wins and who loses

Sentiment in the Singapore property market is now far from bullish, but data shows that nearly 97 per cent of those who have sold private apartments and condos in the subsale market in the first seven months of this year have made profits.

Only 3 per cent incurred losses, an analysis of caveats by Savills Singapore shows.

For those who turned a profit, the average gain per unit came to $417,563 or 36.5 per cent. Generally, the longer the holding period, the bigger the gain.

Subsale deals are seen as a proxy for the level of speculative activity in the market. On average, those who had bought their units in 2004 and sold them in the subsale market this year made the biggest gain, averaging nearly $692,000, or an 84 per cent profit. They are followed by those who had picked up units in
    2005, who recorded an average gain of about $645,200 or 62 per cent from selling their homes in the subsale market this year.

In absolute dollar terms, the smallest average gain of around $175,600 was by those who bought their units this year, reflecting a holding period of just a few months.

The profit or loss in the calculation is the difference between sale and purchase prices and does not take into account stamp duty and other expenses.

‘The fact is that longer holding periods allow for larger gains, shorter holding periods for smaller gains. This is consistent with the fact that real estate is a long-term investment. Investors with short exit time frames should look for alternative instruments,’ said Savills Singapore’s director of marketing and business development Ku Swee Yong.

Savills’ analysis was based on 1,040 caveats for subsale transactions from Jan 1 to July 31 this year captured by Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Realis system as at Aug 19. Of these, 821 had previous caveat records dating back to 2003 and Savills compared the latest subsale price of each unit with the earlier price paid by the seller to work out the profit or loss.

Citylights, Varsity Park Condo and The Sail @ Marina Bay had the most subsales in the first seven months of this year - 63, 47 and 45 respectively. The Sea View and City Square Residences had 30-plus subsales each. Park Infinia at Wee Nam, The Calrose, Icon and The Raintree each had 20-odd subsales.

Subsales, often seen as a gauge of speculative activity, refer to secondary market deals in projects that have yet to receive their Certificates of Statutory Completion. This may be anywhere from three to 12 months after the project receives its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

Market watchers note that many of the projects topping the subsale chart this year had either received TOP or are close to receiving TOP. Some of the units that changed hands in the subsale market could have been purchased on deferred payment schemes from developers in the past. Typically, such schemes run out when the projects get their TOP and that is when buyers have to pay the chunk of the purchase price to developers.

The deferred payment scheme was scrapped in October last year to discourage speculative buying.

Of the 25 loss cases for subsale deals done this year, sellers of about half the units had themselves bought theirs in the subsale market, while the other half had made direct purchases from developers. For instance, the four units sold in the subsale market at a loss this year at City Square Residences had all been picked up in the subsale market last year.

Looking ahead, Savills’ Mr Ku expects subsales to maintain at current levels, that is, about 150 units a month. Those who want to sell now will have to expect lower profits, he said.

‘Whether in good or bad times, there will still be subsale losses from people being forced to make untimely sales due to corporate liquidation, bankruptcy, divorce,’ Mr Ku added.

In cases where investors are sitting on potential losses, Jones Lang LaSalle Singapore’s head of residential, Jacqueline Wong, said: ‘My advice to my clients, who are usually foreigners, have bought in prime districts and are well off, would be, ‘If you can, hang on. It will be just a temporary paper loss. Singapore has a lot of things going for it in the mid term’.’

Another seasoned property consultant said: ‘A lot will depend on your entry price vis-a-vis other owners, especially in a big development. If a lot of them bought at say $1,000 psf from the developer and you got your unit later for $1,800 psf in the subsale market from an earlier buyer, you’re in a disadvantageous position. If the market dives, the earlier buyers could offload their units at much lower prices than your cost price.

‘On the other hand, everybody may be in the same boat. Say, if you’ve bought into a small project of 30 units and everyone’s bought at about the same price, and if there’s not much competition from surrounding projects, chances of prices going down substantially may be lower because everyone’s locked in at the same threshold.’

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    There is a photo posted in Esta thread, taken during the launch time, showing that the TOP date is on 31th August 2008. But now many ppl say is around Oct 08. Should be around that time to end of 2008. you will see more and more units available for viewing after TOP. now market very quiet.

Owners got letters TOP is early Nov

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    only FE can answer you - go ask them.

Launch Oct, only 25% of the unit will be launch. The rest on hold

Default Those who missed the boat.. got second boat coming

Just drove by (actually being driven by the bus driver) Seaview the other day. The nearby condo called The Esta is looking ready to TOP soon. Looks very nice. I always thought it was One Amber until they put up the sign.

For those you couldn't afford the crazy the prices at Seaview (not even near town) like myself, maybe can consider this?

For myself, I have my heart set on Viz@Holland or Parc Emily which is more reasonable and closer to town with more buses and MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99
    Just drove by (actually being driven by the bus driver) Seaview the other day. The nearby condo called The Esta is looking ready to TOP soon. Looks very nice. I always thought it was One Amber until they put up the sign.

For those you couldn't afford the crazy the prices at Seaview (not even near town) like myself, maybe can consider this?

For myself, I have my heart set on Viz@Holland or Parc Emily which is more reasonable and closer to town with more buses and MRT.

Do call me at 81712412, have a few unit at Viz@holland and Parc Emily.
    Joe

#1X-04__1647sqft__$1366psf__$2,250,000__21 Aug 08 - New
    #05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__Contract 16 Jul 2008

Silversea is launching, how will this SV-blocking project affect SV's prices. I may have to hold back my search for SV's unit, nevertheless like East Coast and like sea view.

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Silversea is launching, how will this SV-blocking project affect SV's prices. I may have to hold back my search for SV's unit, nevertheless like East Coast and like sea view.
    why should it affect SeaView condo prices - in fact it will give it a boost -
    imagine paying 1300- 1400psf for a low floor unit at Silversea (LH99YR)

currently Seaview condo low floor asking 1K plus psf and sales are slow - so will sales of SS be possible to move at 1320psf minimum for low floors......

Unregistered? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    why should it affect SeaView condo prices - in fact it will give it a boost -
    imagine paying 1300- 1400psf for a low floor unit at Silversea (LH99YR)

currently Seaview condo low floor asking 1K plus psf and sales are slow - so will sales of SS be possible to move at 1320psf minimum for low floors......
    Siao! who want to bu LH99 for 1300psf? globle ecnomic slow down leh! STI ever down below 2600! Don't forget SARS time STI ever down to 1400!

seaview is all right near to parkway

Higher class Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kovan
    Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!
    We are higher class here. Kindly bugger off from here please, and thank yew

BALLS TO YOU Guest

balls to you for saying Sea View is higher class. With that kind of proximity to airport and planes taking off and landing, who the hell wants to live there? East Coast is only good for a weekend outing and bringing my dog there to pooh, but high class living, no way.....

This is to all the snobs and arseholes living in the east:

Quote Originally Posted by Higher class
    We are higher class here. Kindly bugger off from here please, and thank yew

willing Guest

everywhere have its prons and cons

UnregisteredX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    You are right about 1 transaction at $1550! Holding up? I don't think so.....it is just a case where the seller or agent found a sucker paying october 2007 price! The poor Basxxrd paid way too much money, some more for 3rd floor! OMG!

#03-11 1410sqft $1277psf $1,800,000 18Jul08
    #03-22 1410sqft $1550psf $2,185,500 17Jul08
    #05-15 1410sqft $1050psf $1,480,000 7Jul08
    #14-08 1216sqft $1260psf $1,532,160 30Jun08
    #20-20 560sqft $1289psf $716,800 26 Jun08
    #03-15 1410sqft $1028psf $1,450,000 17Jun08
    #09-14 1647sqft $1450psf $2,388,150 13Jun08
    #12-21 1216sqft $1065psf $1,295,040 12Jun08
    #08-15 1410sqft $1100psf $1,551,000 10Jun08

I wonder if the marginal owners are still holding out for $1,400psf?

Hi Real Estate Pundit,

At what psf you reckon will be a good price to get a studio unit at The Sea View currently?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredX
    Hi Real Estate Pundit,

At what psf you reckon will be a good price to get a studio unit at The Sea View currently?

Cheers!
    Dear UnX,

I cannot tell you what is a good price for the STudio at The SV as I am no expert. What may appear to be a good price now may not be so 1 month down the road.......

I suppose you need to ask yourself what is your requirement/needs to purchase.....do you need to buy now? I have put off my intention to purchase until the economic situation becomes clearer.....it is now as clear as mud!

Anyway, there is no new caveats lodged between 12 Aug till 05 Sept 2008 (the latest date for caveat data) for The Sea View.....this should tell you somthing about where the property market is heading.

#15-0X__1647sqft__$1366psf__$2,250,000__21 Aug 08
    #05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__16 Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredX
    Hi Real Estate Pundit,

Cheers!

One Amber also have studio, also cheaper then Seaview. Depend on wat u like

Seaview flip option, 4 rooms, 1518 sqft only at 1100 psf. Call me now!

123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6816
    Seaview flip option, 4 rooms, 1518 sqft only at 1100 psf. Call me now!

Too high for now due to financial crisis, i pay the most 800psf

Mkt Watcher Guest

$800psf is still too high. Reasonable price should be at the range of $700psf.
    Further down the road, with all the financial crisis, $700 psf may also difficult to find buyer....

Unregistered321 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    Too high for now due to financial crisis, i pay the most 800psf
    You better ask for buy 3 BedRm Get Free 4 BedRm upgrade ???

This is going to be a fish market !!!