Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213182328 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

FireSales Guest

its starting... Esta already having fire sale at $850 psft.... and ive seen some SeaView units going at $1000psft. It won't be before long that we will see 850-900 psft for Seaview...

Default Went to see Seaview

This is my analysis of Seaview.

The price is too high because most of the space is the balcony of which you will rarely use unless you are sleeping out there. Most people are using to dry clothes! There are some with a whole cushioned dining room there - good luck with the sun and rain!

Another wasted space is the super big living room. You can practically build another kitchen like Reflections. WTF?! Am I going to have an orgy of 50 people over??? Open a disco in my living room??? What a waste...

Finally, the rooms are left with only so much space. Can you even fit a queen sized bed in the other bedrooms? The master bedroom is thankfully not as small but is not far from being spacious.

And the wardrobe... *sigh* it's the stupid fugly things from The Sail. I would have to factor the cost in removing the cheap ass looking thing.

Ok... now the good things! The kitchen is spacious and looks nicely done. The 5 swimming pools make the whole area look like a resort. The clubhouse looks like a mausoleum which adds to the cool factor - although I was a bit let down inside but it's ok. The gym at least has space for weights and a heavy duty bench press. I love the sliding space age doors to the gym and also the buildings. The area was very windy when I went there and there was a view of the sea but it's sad Silversea will eventually block it with it's 22 storey 99 year lease only building (better dun build it FES - waste money).

I'm still deciding to invest or not... Can I reonvate to make the bedrooms bigger? *sigh*

Maybe wait for Silversea to come up and reduce the value? Hahaha

C'mon you know it will....

But I do feel bad for the Seaview owners. They have a freehold place and it's so nice. Then suddenly another guy want to build a stupid 99 year lease and block you. *sigh* Hope no one buys and FES have to call off the construction. Hehe

Dirty sea Guest

Did you say the clubhouse look like a mausoleum? OMG!!!! Will some dead people emerge from the tomb or not?

Forget about near the sea. Singapore beach is infected with bacteria and faeces and oil and chemical spills . Look at Pasir Ris beach, now confirm not safe to swim or touch the sand. East Coast is not much better - used condoms, mineral water bottles, toxic oil spills, faeces can be found in the water. Better to stay away as it is a real health hazard. There're definitely cleaner places in Singapore.

legistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99
    This is my analysis of Seaview.

The price is too high because most of the space is the balcony of which you will rarely use unless you are sleeping out there. Most people are using to dry clothes! There are some with a whole cushioned dining room there - good luck with the sun and rain!

Another wasted space is the super big living room. You can practically build another kitchen like Reflections. WTF?! Am I going to have an orgy of 50 people over??? Open a disco in my living room??? What a waste...

Finally, the rooms are left with only so much space. Can you even fit a queen sized bed in the other bedrooms? The master bedroom is thankfully not as small but is not far from being spacious.

And the wardrobe... *sigh* it's the stupid fugly things from The Sail. I would have to factor the cost in removing the cheap ass looking thing.

Ok... now the good things! The kitchen is spacious and looks nicely done. The 5 swimming pools make the whole area look like a resort. The clubhouse looks like a mausoleum which adds to the cool factor - although I was a bit let down inside but it's ok. The gym at least has space for weights and a heavy duty bench press. I love the sliding space age doors to the gym and also the buildings. The area was very windy when I went there and there was a view of the sea but it's sad Silversea will eventually block it with it's 22 storey 99 year lease only building (better dun build it FES - waste money).

I'm still deciding to invest or not... Can I reonvate to make the bedrooms bigger? *sigh*

Maybe wait for Silversea to come up and reduce the value? Hahaha

C'mon you know it will....

But I do feel bad for the Seaview owners. They have a freehold place and it's so nice. Then suddenly another guy want to build a stupid 99 year lease and block you. *sigh* Hope no one buys and FES have to call off the construction. Hehe

Your aNal-ysis is that of "sour grapes" - probably full of regret at not owning any unit at SeaView condo.

Every project has its pros and cons - and about SS causing SV price to
    drop - i doubt you have any knowledge of property values in terms of
    99LH and FH land....sigh.

Unregistered1000 Guest

One of the major shortcoming of the seaview project is the facing, it has west sun facing at most units, must be extremely hot in the afternoon!

Unregistered1 Guest

West sun is fine with me. I think it is a uniquely Singaporean syndrom to be so afraid of the sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1000
    One of the major shortcoming of the seaview project is the facing, it has west sun facing at most units, must be extremely hot in the afternoon!

Ambro Guest

What abt One Amber and Esta - cant escape the west sun......

which country dun have houses that face the west sun?

Interested Guest

This is very true. Went there to see.... it is really hot. The agent say those who bought Seaview... most likely on air con 24 hrs... just like the lobby.... this is $%^&^%&*^%

Default West sun

Was there yesterday to see more units. The West sun will hit one of the bedrooms and it was like a sauna! You will need to invest in curtains with a plastic layer (forget what it's called) to block out the light or a V-Cool strip.

Some units facing the other side (Cote D'Azure side) will be blocked and was MUCH cooler.

Also noticed the parquay flooring is sub standard. Will need to redo that if buying...

Those wanting to invest will note Esta (which is also Freehold) will TOP in Oct 2008. And not to mention One Amber (Freehold) due in 2010.

The prices are sure to drop...

bullboy Guest

oh common oxy, which project doesnt have any units that dont face west sun - you are just trying to pick bones out of the fish.

registere Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bullboy
    oh common oxy, which project doesnt have any units that dont face west sun - you are just trying to pick bones out of the fish.
    Probably he cant afford the "fish", so all he can say is too many bones,
    so dun want to buy...

The Joker Guest

Default Name change for The Sea View.....

I heard this from a property agent.....that The Sea View will change to "The Silver Sea View"!

True or not?

Unregistered12345 Guest

Latest from URA website...... in JUly, one unit sold for a staggering $1550 psf. Seaview prices holding up very, very well.

Real Estate Pundit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered12345
    Latest from URA website...... in JUly, one unit sold for a staggering $1550 psf. Seaview prices holding up very, very well.
    You are right about 1 transaction at $1550! Holding up? I don't think so.....it is just a case where the seller or agent found a sucker paying october 2007 price! The poor Basxxrd paid way too much money, some more for 3rd floor! OMG!

#03-11 1410sqft $1277psf $1,800,000 18Jul08
    #03-22 1410sqft $1550psf $2,185,500 17Jul08
    #05-15 1410sqft $1050psf $1,480,000 7Jul08
    #14-08 1216sqft $1260psf $1,532,160 30Jun08
    #20-20 560sqft $1289psf $716,800 26 Jun08
    #03-15 1410sqft $1028psf $1,450,000 17Jun08
    #09-14 1647sqft $1450psf $2,388,150 13Jun08
    #12-21 1216sqft $1065psf $1,295,040 12Jun08
    #08-15 1410sqft $1100psf $1,551,000 10Jun08

I wonder if the marginal owners are still holding out for $1,400psf?

Desperated Seaview Owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by legistered
    Your aNal-ysis is that of "sour grapes" - probably full of regret at not owning any unit at SeaView condo.

Every project has its pros and cons - and about SS causing SV price to
    drop - i doubt you have any knowledge of property values in terms of
    99LH and FH land....sigh.
    Haha, this must be my typical desperated neighbour! You say something no good about SV, then you must be "sour grapes"; you say some more, then you must can't afford SV!

Please lah! what so pride of being SV owner? you just bought it less then $700psf! What's the big deal?? Ppl didn't buy it at that time, because they already noticed the shortfall as mentioned by oxboy, ppl want to see now, because the overall environment looks no bad, but the layout... OMG! That's why still got so many ppl think and think, and yet can't decide to buy or not. understand?

BTW, if you bought it at $1400psf, then you are rich (and fool? ), you can laugh at ppl who can't afford or don't want to be that fool

Default They are smarter now

Went again the other day to see a Katong facing side 3 bedroom. Very nice. Get to see the tennis court and not the old houses. Not bad for those who want cheaper and that location near Parkway Parade.

Now the agents are smarter and turn on the air con when they show the uint so ppl won't notice the noon sun. Kudos.

I'll say it again for those that think I'm running down SV.

I like the place and location. It's not perfect. And the "real" price is abt $1100psf but at this time it is inflated. It's just a matter of buying now or later. Either way it's a gamble.

You don't buy now, the owners will rent it out and you will have to wait 2 years to buy this property and the price could drop or increase. If you buy now, it's slightly inflated but you get to enjoy it and just hope in 5 years it will increase more than $1500psf.

BTW, I'm looking now at Viz Holland which is closer to city at $1100psf but not so convenient for grocery shopping.

i think the selling point for seaview is a stone throw

away to parkway shopping centre

registered Guest

To those that think their post can either run down SV or elevate it - the truth is - let the project speak for itself.

There is no point arguing - whoever is keen, go down to Amber Rd and walk into the SeaView condo and have a first hand view of its resort ambience...... and decide if its worth the price.

Unregistered888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    To those that think their post can either run down SV or elevate it - the truth is - let the project speak for itself.

There is no point arguing - whoever is keen, go down to Amber Rd and walk into the SeaView condo and have a first hand view of its resort ambience...... and decide if its worth the price.
    I suggest to walk all the condo from Tg Rhu to end of East Coast and draw a conclusion, then to Newton, D9,10,11 to compare SV with all....it will even better....

registered8888 Guest

Talking

....yawn...another bunch of rotten sour grapes - why planning to buy a wineyard is it ?

Red face

yes i agree

not a lot of sourgrape eater here

i think all register under the same person one lol

Any idea what the monthly maintenance is like for such a huge place?

Thumbs up 5+1 Maid Room Penthouse For Rent

Expat's Choice!!!

Brand New, For Rent.

2809Sq.ft Big Balcony

One Of The Best Stack.
    With Seaview,
    No West Sun.

Asking @ 16K Neg.

Ref Fee Can Be Discuss.

Sorry Aleady Co-Broke.

THANKS FOR VIEWING

BEN NG (HSR)
    M: 97269210
    E: [email protected]
    W:
    http://dreamzproperty.spaces.live.com

Default WOW... prices going up!

Went to see the Seaview again for studio at 17th floor.

Strange... seems like the higher it goes, the worse the pool view! I tot it would be the reverse.

Anyway, the agent told me they are pushing the prices above 800K which is out of my 700K budget. So sad.

For 800K+, I might as well get Park Infinia which has better finishing (love the closet) and a bathtub (for a studio)!!! And have you seen the facilities?! Also a stone's throw to UE and Novena MRT.

Those who are thinking abt Seaview might want to re-consider... I know I am...

Latest caveat for The Sea View.

#05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__Contract 16 Jul 2008
    #03-1X__1410sqft__$1277psf__$1,800,000__Contract 18 Jul 2008
    #20-2X__1647sqft__$1166psf__$1,920,000__Contract 23 Jul 2008

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    Latest caveat for The Sea View.

#05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__Contract 16 Jul 2008
    #03-1X__1410sqft__$1277psf__$1,800,000__Contract 18 Jul 2008
    #20-2X__1647sqft__$1166psf__$1,920,000__Contract 23 Jul 2008
    Thanks!

Need expert to advise: comparing the Seaview type C (3 small rooms + huge living + huge balcony) and the Esta type b4 (3 reasonable size rooms + reasonable living + long balcony + study) which both are 1410 spft, if SV priced at $1000psf and Esta priced at $850, say all at mid floor, north and pool facing, which one will be a good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Thanks!

Need expert to advise: comparing the Seaview type C (3 small rooms + huge living + huge balcony) and the Esta type b4 (3 reasonable size rooms + reasonable living + long balcony + study) which both are 1410 spft, if SV priced at $1000psf and Esta priced at $850, say all at mid floor, north and pool facing, which one will be a good buy?
    It is a tough call. The Sea View is definitely a better development than The Esta. But the balcony is only of value if you enjoy having it at that size. Also, the rooms are smallish with all the bay windows. Together, the balcony and bay windows makes the 1410sqft feel alot smaller.

I'll wait for The Esta to TOP so that I can see the actual unit before deciding.

No harm in waiting....the units may be facing North but I think the prices will certainly be going South

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    It is a tough call. The Sea View is definitely a better development than The Esta. But the balcony is only of value if you enjoy having it at that size. Also, the rooms are smallish with all the bay windows. Together, the balcony and bay windows makes the 1410sqft feel alot smaller.

I'll wait for The Esta to TOP so that I can see the actual unit before deciding.

No harm in waiting....the units may be facing North but I think the prices will certainly be going South
    Thanks! OK, just wait for one and half month more... see the actual unit will gain the actual feeling. By then, more units will be available, with further 'southen' price. Yeh!

When will the Esta TOP? Dun mind taking a look too...