Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    that's right. and some people bought from no name developers like Sim Lian and have no problems at all after TOP.

it is not the developer that matters, it is the main contractor.

I don't think it can ever be a blanket comment at all because if we are more observant, every condo will have imperfections and problems. Look at the buildings getting flooded in Orchard Road. Does that mean those buildings will lower their rents and the shops should start selling their products cheaper? Look at Cote D'Azur's aging facade, and the lobby entrance to Aristo@Amber. I am surprised these can even be fetching high price when the workmanship can pass like that. Are the owners blind?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    talking up a lemon in the west is more appalling imo ~
    I have never promoted anything in the west, including my own condo.

that's right. and some people bought from no name developers like Sim Lian and have no problems at all after TOP.

it is not the developer that matters, it is the main contractor.
    Shouldn't the developer be responsible for the main contractor? Afterall the main contractor was commissioned by the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Shouldn't the developer be responsible for the main contractor? Afterall the main contractor was commissioned by the developer.
    owners go after the developer and the developer goes after the main contractor or appointed sub contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    owners go after the developer and the developer goes after the main contractor or appointed sub contractors.
    Sounds about right.

Yes, need to take note of main contractor or builder. Reputation of developer is no guarantee of quality as who they award the building contract to is important. Who knows, developer may award contract based on lowest bids. Developer shake leg and sign cheque only. Contractor sweats it out and manages sub-contractors, suppliers, etc. Its Tiong Aik Construction right? The same company behind Coralis and Parc Seabreeze, Gillenia, Starlight Suites, etc? Owners/buyers beware.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

This is the risk buying from Brand new development(from developer or subsale)..after wating for a few years and it end up with sadness and not happiness...

With so many new projects going to complete in acouple of years, this will not be the isolated case...buy resale at least u can check everything carefully or any tale tell signs or with an expert with you(the amt is token compared to the trouble)...and best of all..resale is at a discount compared to new!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if i call someone Stupid ... am i condemning him ?

Condemn is a very strong word ... and thats why i insist i did not use that word and that whoever started that word ... needs to know the difference ..
    Hahaha... I think you've been away for too long and probably as a result of eating too many potatoes you have become detached from Singlish. In Singlish, "condemn" is not a very strong word.

For example, if you want to say to someone "your English is poor", in Singlish you can say "fwwah... your English damn condemned leh"

i have a landed and a unit at Sommerville park ...

happy now ?

anyone anything to say about sommerville park ?
    i didnt say anything good about it ...i only like the environment ..and i like the location ..

how to say good or bad of it ..when so far NO ONE has brought up anything about it ...

as fopr Seaview ...its been brought up many many times... but not once have i heard anyone (esp owners) said anything about what we read in the papers..

dishonest owners.. i am disappointed with the quality , integrity of forumers here
    No one brought up anything den u label the owners as dishonest...wat a joke

If u ask the owners whether there is any leaking problems and they told u nothing wrong....den it is dishonest.

U full of excuses also la, later if sommerville park got leaking problems den u can conveniently say u been renting it out and u also duno

Just so lame la....others dun brought up means dishonest....den if it happens to u, u will find lots of lame excuses

some old un-renovated or poorly maintained Sommerville Park can see cockroaches.... proud_owner u should have declared that, and you will be clean

but seriously, u expect a Seaview owner come to this forum and post horror stories of his condo unsolicited , just to satisfy the curiosity of bystanders at large ? do u do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    No one brought up anything den u label the owners as dishonest...wat a joke

If u ask the owners whether there is any leaking problems and they told u nothing wrong....den it is dishonest.

U full of excuses also la, later if sommerville park got leaking problems den u can conveniently say u been renting it out and u also duno

Just so lame la....others dun brought up means dishonest....den if it happens to u, u will find lots of lame excuses

when that happens ,.. and if i do ... then you can label me dishonest ..

since it hasnt happened .. so stop saying its lame excuses ... you are accusing me of being lame for something that hasnt happened ..

wapiang

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    some old un-renovated or poorly maintained Sommerville Park can see cockroaches.... proud_owner u should have declared that, and you will be clean

but seriously, u expect a Seaview owner come to this forum and post horror stories of his condo unsolicited , just to satisfy the curiosity of bystanders at large ? do u do that ?

Sommerville Park is 30 over yrs old ...
    i am not surprised if you find roaches , or leakages ... or even big rats in its vast compound .. afterall its so close to botanic gardens ..

i personally have not seen it .. not in the unit i bought ..in any case.. i renovated the whole place.. to almost 'brandnew' .. so should be cleared of those ( i hope)

go start a tread on Sommerville park ..
    let others contribute its good and bad ..

i would like to know as well..

and if every posting is ONLY good ..and no mention of anything BAD .. and later MCST sue someboby ... then we have reasons to call them Dishonest forumers

when that happens ,.. and if i do ... then you can label me dishonest ..

since it hasnt happened .. so stop saying its lame excuses ... you are accusing me of being lame for something that hasnt happened ..

wapiang
    Now u understand wats the feeling of being accused?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Now u understand wats the feeling of being accused?

what do you say about those in Seaview ...whoes units have foul smell ... leakages and seepages ... and carpark perpetually WET .. SINCE 2008

meanwhile the tread on Seaview during that period had only good comments ..

they chose to not warn fellow forumers here ...

until its self exposed ...

what do you describe such forumers (owners) ?

smart ?
    business minded ?
    Singaporean?
    commendable ?
    morally upright?

or more than dishonest ?

ask ourselves ...whats the purpose of this forum ?

to help members know more about property , condos, launches, news ..market conditions ..etc

knowing and not disclosing .. if selfish too

i am getting more and more disappointed ..

that such attitude are accepted ...

this forum fails and loses it purpose ..

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    And if i may add, mid-floor (10th - 12th) is good enuf. I have seen numerous units at Seaview, its indeed a nice condo overall and besides the quality issue, it does live up to the name `Ardmore of the East', no doubt about that. The quality issues can and will be resolved. And like you mentioned, I also agree pool-view units are the best imo, away from other condos, the roads, and nice view of the landscape....

As for firesale? I doubt it. Quite a few bought below $1200 psf....I remember the launch was at $750ish. And the 1-bedder were mostly singles pad. So I think wont be able to find firesales.....

I am a Seaview owner, currently still staying here. Have been following the forum discussion here and I would like to share some personal opinion with regards to the suit with Wheelocks.

There are a lot of misleading opinions posted here especially regarding the defects and parking issue, as a Seaview owner, I would like to point out few things.

Defects :
    1. Smell - Not all the 547 units in SV have the foul smell, it is just about 10% or so of the units have the issue.
    2. Ceiling Leakage - ONLY some of the Penthouse units have this leakage problem and not the normal units below.
    3. Parking floor cracked - there are few spots at the parking lot has some cracked leakage but still minor.
    4. Water wastage - This can be rectified easily when the cause of the leakage found.

Parking dispute : IMOH, I think that the MC had mishandling the issue, it can be easily resolved if not using a hard hand method by locking up wheels and charging ridiculous rate for 2nd, 3rd and 4th cars.

Most of the projects had defects issues but unfortunately SV had slightly more than other, by going to press and media to voice out the parking and defects issues is a NO NO and LOSE LOSE situation, it really give SV a very bad publicity. From the ST, it seems like one of the MC member LEAKED the new to the press, not a good idea. By going to press, there is no turning back for the developer to settle out of court. Bad choice! If the MC have all the proof and evidence, no need to use such a tactic!

I had attended all the AGMs and had the clearest info, a lot of posting and opinions here is just make a hill out of a mole, Come on!! SV is not going to collapse just because of some defects, it is still a very nice place to stay, great landscaping, spacious environment, easy accessible to all places and ONE of the best condo in the East.

I am extremely upset of this Proud Owner labelled the SPs of The Seaview being dishonest.

He has no interest whatsoever in The Seaview, under what capacity he can accuse more than 550 SPs of The Seaview being dishonest.

He did not even know what is going on and demand the SPs of The Seaview to come to this forum to declare....what logic is this?...The SPs of The Seaview may not even know the existence of this forum...and of course, who is this Proud Owner...

So,by the same urgement, if any property in Singapore having problem, and not coming to this forum to declare, then all of them are DISHONEST...this is the greatest joke on earth....

Quote Originally Posted by sv lover
    I am a Seaview owner, currently still staying here. Have been following the forum discussion here and I would like to share some personal opinion with regards to the suit with Wheelocks.

There are a lot of misleading opinions posted here especially regarding the defects and parking issue, as a Seaview owner, I would like to point out few things.

Defects :
    1. Smell - Not all the 547 units in SV have the foul smell, it is just about 10% or so of the units have the issue.
    2. Ceiling Leakage - ONLY some of the Penthouse units have this leakage problem and not the normal units below.
    3. Parking floor cracked - there are few spots at the parking lot has some cracked leakage but still minor.
    4. Water wastage - This can be rectified easily when the cause of the leakage found.

Parking dispute : IMOH, I think that the MC had mishandling the issue, it can be easily resolved if not using a hard hand method by locking up wheels and charging ridiculous rate for 2nd, 3rd and 4th cars.

Most of the projects had defects issues but unfortunately SV had slightly more than other, by going to press and media to voice out the parking and defects issues is a NO NO and LOSE LOSE situation, it really give SV a very bad publicity. From the ST, it seems like one of the MC member LEAKED the new to the press, not a good idea. By going to press, there is no turning back for the developer to settle out of court. Bad choice! If the MC have all the proof and evidence, no need to use such a tactic!

I had attended all the AGMs and had the clearest info, a lot of posting and opinions here is just make a hill out of a mole, Come on!! SV is not going to collapse just because of some defects, it is still a very nice place to stay, great landscaping, spacious environment, easy accessible to all places and ONE of the best condo in the East.
    I doubt the problems are as minor as you described. If they were, why would the management council decided to go to war with the developer? they would be crazy to go to war with the developer if only "10% of the units have the bad smell issue."

someone is lying or just plain ignorant, you or the mc.

I doubt the problems are as minor as you described. If they were, why would the management council decided to go to war with the developer.

From the press, we all understand, how high handed is Wheelock in dealing the case and brushing away all the problems.

It is not the MC decided to go to the war. The decision was taken in the AGM as I mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I am extremely upset of this Proud Owner labelled the SPs of The Seaview being dishonest.

He has no interest whatsoever in The Seaview, under what capacity he can accuse more than 550 SPs of The Seaview being dishonest.

He did not even know what is going on and demand the SPs of The Seaview to come to this forum to declare....what logic is this?...The SPs of The Seaview may not even know the existence of this forum...and of course, who is this Proud Owner...

So,by the same urgement, if any property in Singapore having problem, and not coming to this forum to declare, then all of them are DISHONEST...this is the greatest joke on earth....

what is SPs ??

so if sv lover is right
    10 pcts of 550 = about55 units have smell ..

for 2 over years ... no one mentioned it in this forum ..

ok maybe they are not members of this forum ... 10 pct of residents affected and yet no one hear anything about it ?

1 single car blocked the gate and we see it in the press ..
    55 units ( assuming 2 occupants per unit) = 110 persons
    and WE DONT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR 2 OVER YEARS ?

if they are NOT dishonest .. how do you describe them ?

how do you describe people who live in a defect unit and keep mumb about it ?

From the press, we all understand, how high handed is Wheelock in dealing the case and brushing away all the problems.

It is not the MC decided to go to the war. The decision was taken in the AGM as I mentioned earlier.
    I bet a lot of condos have more serious problems than the guy just described. but suits against developers are as rare as polar bears in Singapore.

this suggests that the problems at SV cannot be that simple.

what is SPs ??

so if sv lover is right
    10 pcts of 550 = about55 units have smell ..

for 2 over years ... no one mentioned it in this forum ..

ok maybe they are not members of this forum ... 10 pct of residents affected and yet no one hear anything about it ?

1 single car blocked the gate and we see it in the press ..
    55 units ( assuming 2 occupants per unit) = 110 persons
    and WE DONT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR 2 OVER YEARS ?

if they are NOT dishonest .. how do you describe them ?

how do you describe people who live in a defect unit and keep mumb about it ?
    tessarina owners have the flooding problems for years. but they never came here to complain about it. we have to read the papers to find out for ourselves.

I think proud owner overestimated the popularity of this website.

but I agree that many SV owners kept mum about the problems when they sold their units. and these guys are dishonest.

so did you know or have heard about these defects since 2008 ???

and being a member of this site .. you never once mention it ..?

why ?

tessarina owners have the problems for years. but they never came here to complain about it.

was there flooding in Tessarina prior to the bkt timah floods?

or did they only know after it happen ?

I doubt the problems are as minor as you described. If they were, why would the management council decided to go to war with the developer? they would be crazy to go to war with the developer if only "10% of the units have the bad smell issue."

As a non SV owner, u r just guessing, pls be fair!!

The MC decided to sue is not just the SMELL, pls be mature here and stop calling other lying or ignorant.

If u r just a small little kid then I can understand and forgive u !!!

The MC decided to sue is not just the SMELL, pls be mature here and stop calling other lying or ignorant.

but the sum of the problems would be too minor to go to court to destroy the brand name of SV.

at the end of the day ... no one mouth a word of it from 2008 ...to protect the value //

for fear that it might affect the price of their purchase ..right ?

those whose units have the issue and sold it ..kept the money and 'phew' .. glad they got rid of it ..

i need not say more ...

so interesting, why everyone of a sudden, so interested in The Seaview? and get so work out...

let wait for the Court's decision and details

getting over done here alr

at the end of the day ... no one mouth a word of it from 2008 ...to protect the value //

those whose units have the issue and sold it ..kept the money and 'phew' .. glad they got rid of it ..

i need not say more ...
    Lots of assumptions and accusations

Nid to say more?

i need not say more ...
    If you buy a home in Taiwan and it turns up that the home is haunted but the seller kept mum about it, you can actually get your money back.

but "haunted" is a thing with legal significance only in Taiwan, which is a very superstitious country.

Those who tink this forum is useless and misleading can stop visiting this forum so tat u will not get dissapointed again

Life is just too short to get dissapointed every now and den