Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sea View (D15, Freehold, Wheelock Properties)

Seaview_800psf Guest

Akan Datang....
    Seaview without seaview will suffer first..
    Good Luck

UnregisteredX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6816
    One Amber also have studio, also cheaper then Seaview. Depend on wat u like
    How much is it for 12th storey & above? Only stack 04 & 24 is it?

UnregisteredX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    Dear UnX,

I cannot tell you what is a good price for the STudio at The SV as I am no expert. What may appear to be a good price now may not be so 1 month down the road.......

I suppose you need to ask yourself what is your requirement/needs to purchase.....do you need to buy now? I have put off my intention to purchase until the economic situation becomes clearer.....it is now as clear as mud!

Anyway, there is no new caveats lodged between 12 Aug till 05 Sept 2008 (the latest date for caveat data) for The Sea View.....this should tell you somthing about where the property market is heading.

#15-0X__1647sqft__$1366psf__$2,250,000__21 Aug 08
    #05-1X__1410sqft__$1050psf__$1,480,000__16 Jul 2008

I'm looking for investment - rental yield.
    Am sure market will head South. Will build in "future value" into the buy price. Just not too sure how much to discount.
    Am looking at $1000psf for Sea View. Owners will bite?

Seaview 750psf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seaview_800psf
    Akan Datang....
    Seaview without seaview will suffer first..
    Good Luck

Seaview akan sea no view..

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seaview 750psf
    Seaview akan sea no view..
    Just be'cos the grape is of high quality and not within your "reach" ( in terms of money) u say its sour ...... so what if there is no view but there are other plus points - its

FREEHOLD,

LAND SIZE IS HUGE,

GOOD QUALITY BUILD -

these points are enough to elevate the project.

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    Just be'cos the grape is of high quality and not within your "reach" ( in terms of money) u say its sour ...... so what if there is no view but there are other plus points - its

FREEHOLD,

LAND SIZE IS HUGE,

GOOD QUALITY BUILD -

these points are enough to elevate the project.
    Totally agree, every condo have it's pros n cons, people buy for their reason cause they like the place and CAN AFFORD. But to be frank there's a lot of people who can afford but want to wait for price. Yes, market is bad, price will drop but to how low? Who knows? Wait till the unit you wan been taken up then you will blamed someone else but not yourself. Then you will said that you will go for something else and the whole waiting cycle will start.

are you sure? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredX
    I'm looking for investment - rental yield.
    Am sure market will head South. Will build in "future value" into the buy price. Just not too sure how much to discount.
    Am looking at $1000psf for Sea View. Owners will bite?
    $1000psf for seaview???? If there's a way to short actual property and I think you can easily see 800psf by now.

UnregisteredX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by are you sure?
    $1000psf for seaview???? If there's a way to short actual property and I think you can easily see 800psf by now.

Er... Pai say.... What do you mean? Do you mean $1000psf for a studio unit in Sea View is too high?

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredX
    How much is it for 12th storey & above? Only stack 04 & 24 is it?

Yes, only stack 4 and 24. asking not a issue. you give me a offer and i will try

Default NO NEW CAVEATS......21Aug08 to 12Sep08

No new caveats lodged between 21 Aug to most current date of 15 Sept 2008. Looks like the stand off between buyers and sellers is not coming to a conclusion.

Unit_____SQFT___psf,$____Total______Contract date
    15-0X___ 1647___ 1366___ $2,250,000__ 21Aug08
    05-1X___ 1410___ 1410___ $1,480,000__ 16 Jul08
    03-11___ 1410___ 1277___ $1,800,000__ 18Jul08
    03-22___ 1410___ 1550___ $2,185,500__ 17Jul08
    05-15___ 1410___ 1050___ $1,480,000__ 7Jul08
    14-08___ 1216___ 1260___ $1,532,160__ 30Jun08
    20-20___ 560____ 1289___ $716,800____ 26 Jun08
    03-15___ 1410___ 1028___ $1,450,000__ 17Jun08
    09-14___ 1647___ 1450___ $2,388,150__ 13Jun08
    12-21___ 1216___ 1065___ $1,295,040__ 12Jun08
    08-15___ 1410___ 1100___ $1,551,000__ 10Jun08

I wonder if the marginal owners are still holding out for $1,400psf?

East Coast have its Value

it might be too costly for locals to stay

For overseas rich investors , It is a good location

worth paying for that Price

therefore it is common to see why local buyers make

noise over the high price in District 15.

Want Cheap want Good

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    East Coast have its Value

it might be too costly for locals to stay

For overseas rich investors , It is a good location

worth paying for that Price

therefore it is common to see why local buyers make

noise over the high price in District 15.

Want Cheap want Good
    R u sure local no $$$, overseas buyers all run back liao.......
    all brought lehman, AIG etc..... Local buyers only want to buy CHIP,CHIP.

SELL Guest

Unhappy

For every reason one wants to buy.. There's always another reason for the sellers to sell ... But reckon tis is it.. If the crisis in the US cannot be resolved fast.. guess the standoff in buyers vs sellers will swing very fast to the sellers.. For those that wanna buy.. Have to be long term rather than thinking of a quick flip..
    Flippers are all sunny side up now... So do exercise caution. Gd luck !

Quote Originally Posted by SELL
    For every reason one wants to buy.. There's always another reason for the sellers to sell ... But reckon tis is it.. If the crisis in the US cannot be resolved fast.. guess the standoff in buyers vs sellers will swing very fast to the sellers.. For those that wanna buy.. Have to be long term rather than thinking of a quick flip..
    Flippers are all sunny side up now... So do exercise caution. Gd luck !
    Standing Off is very tired u kno? Wonder who blink 1st......................

Quote Originally Posted by BENTLY
    Standing Off is very tired u kno? Wonder who blink 1st......................
    The last time this happened it lasted from 2000 to 2005! That was a whole 5 years!

Unregistered22122 Guest

It's interesting you get to see the characteristics of people staying in different locations. Even in prime districts, you dont see people telling the whole world "I am very high class." but such words always almost seem to come from people staying in East Coast. Even in D15, the resale condos are only fetching average prices. Look at Telok Kurau or Joo Chiat even, some condos are asking for less than 500+psf. It's a pretentious bunch who cares more about appearance and district numbers more than anything else. The seawater is very clean? Gimme a break! The artificial reclaimed land sand is white and pristine? Haha...

If you are truly "high class", you don't tell the whole world. It doesn't reflect very well on you. The fact that you have to keep emphasising this just shows your poor upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Higher class
    We are higher class here. Kindly bugger off from here please, and thank yew

Standoff Guest

Red face

Wow.. if the standoff is gonna be yrs not months.. Guess I better off getting a rental unit then in the east. Afterall.. most of new launches are coming out in the east. was told a lot of seaview, esta units still looking for tenants.
    Will rent instead which is better.

Unregistered11211 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered22122
    It's interesting you get to see the characteristics of people staying in different locations. Even in prime districts, you dont see people telling the whole world "I am very high class." but such words always almost seem to come from people staying in East Coast. Even in D15, the resale condos are only fetching average prices. Look at Telok Kurau or Joo Chiat even, some condos are asking for less than 500+psf. It's a pretentious bunch who cares more about appearance and district numbers more than anything else. The seawater is very clean? Gimme a break! The artificial reclaimed land sand is white and pristine? Haha...

If you are truly "high class", you don't tell the whole world. It doesn't reflect very well on you. The fact that you have to keep emphasising this just shows your poor upbringing.
    No puns intended but I think u must be living in the West. Haha! Face the truth, east side is more liveable and vibrant.

Unregistered12112 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mkt Watcher
    $800psf is still too high. Reasonable price should be at the range of $700psf.
    Further down the road, with all the financial crisis, $700 psf may also difficult to find buyer....
    U will forever be watching the market. And forever getting jealus of those who bought and sold for profits. Genuine buyers dun talk, they just buy.

Renter_Maybe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Standoff
    Wow.. if the standoff is gonna be yrs not months.. Guess I better off getting a rental unit then in the east. Afterall.. most of new launches are coming out in the east. was told a lot of seaview, esta units still looking for tenants.
    Will rent instead which is better.
    Any idea how much the asking rent will be for The Esta? They cant possibly ask as high as Seaview, right?

SeaView Rent Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Renter_Maybe
    Any idea how much the asking rent will be for The Esta? They cant possibly ask as high as Seaview, right?
    FYI ...My Agent told me High floor Sea View 4 bed room 1647 Sqft rented out for $ 10K per month. $ 6 psf !!

Hoho Guest

The richest people in Singapore is Bukit Timah and based on the latest survey, it wins by a WIDE margin in terms of income - read today's papers. Bukit Timah clearly runs up the northwest of Singapore. There is no need to argue how high class you are. East side is kind of artificial and fake - the marine cove area is an ugly theme park-like, and it's somehow disturbing that the people there are so much into telling the whole world that "I'm high class" - frankly u don't get to read that a lot in other forums other than another wannabe area Balestier. The most vibrant chillout areas are in Dempsey, Greenwood, Rochester, Holt Park, Portsdown etc - they are in the west. I don't stay in the west but I think it terms of vibrance, the horrifying marine cove theme park-like restaurants running in the east are not cool compared to Dempsey, Portsdown, etc. in the west. These places are surrounded by NATURAL lush greenery and not artificial sand which makes the eastern area the hottest part of Singapore. What pun? There is no pun in your message. Do you know the meaning of pun?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered11211
    No puns intended but I think u must be living in the West. Haha! Face the truth, east side is more liveable and vibrant.

NOOOB Guest

The East side private apartments has the highest proportion of HDB upgraders - the desire to prove to others their wealth that "I've made it" would be higher - this is psychology - just in case people don't know. The east also has the highest population density and the most crowded part of Singapore, esp Bedok area. So to each his own - some people like crowded areas.

Perspective Guest

The papers did say Bedok is the most crowded zone and that Bukit Timah the "richest" if dwelling type is used as a proxy for wealth.

Notable mentions of affluence went to Marine Parade, Serangoon and Tanglin. Marine Parade, I believe is in the EAST.

So really, it depends on how one wants to present their arguments. If they want to insist that the EAST is poor and low class and what not, then they quote Bedok for its high density and HDB flats. If they want to claim that the EAST is high class, they can use the number of landed properties and luxury condos in Siglap/Katong/Meyer Road etc as an example of wealth. Basically, you believe what you want to believe. The glass is either half full or half empty.

Vibrance, "coolness" etc. is subjective. Natural lush greenery may be interpreted as "ulu", undeveloped etc.

Affluence and success need not be shoved down anybody's throats. It's those that don't quite have it that keep reiterating they are better than others.

Smart Investor Guest

$680psf I buy!

p.aulson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Investor
    $680psf I buy!
    wait for entire global financial system to collapse including Asia..,,,,,,,
    by then u wont have even 680,,,,

HDB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Investor
    $680psf I buy!
    Even NEW 5 Rm HDB also cost $ 645K with Salary max $ 8k ..what you thing ???

Unregistered123 Guest

they do not have alternate choice to lower, but with this pricing, people earning <$8000 will find it difficult to service the mthly instalment. So buy or not buy?

I can afford a bt. timah terrace only ... GCB is way out of my reach..

But .. because I liked views and near seaside..
    my preference would be pasir ris or east coast penthouses..

I'm currently just waiting for teh price to correct before I buy ..
    Quite a few cluster terraces in pasir ris sounds very tempting.. but it's TOP 2011 onwards.... and I feel safer looking at the actual thing than buying based on pictures..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    they do not have alternate choice to lower, but with this pricing, people earning <$8000 will find it difficult to service the mthly instalment. So buy or not buy?
    Dear forummers,
    I understand from unverified sources that the 8K combined household limits are often breached but waived by HDB.

It is my understanding that, whilst there appears to be a 8K combined income limit requirement for those whom might be interested in purchasing HDB flat, and also to qualify for such relevant grants, HDB loans as appropriate, this regulation is often managed by applicants via the appeals route.

I believe there are applicants whom have, in so far in respect of the 8K income limit is concerned, have managed to successfully appealed to HDB for a grant of waiver, despite their income might have already exceeded the same.

There are also couple whom have take the route to having one of the spouses to quite their job temporarily, to the extent such relevant permit and approval from HDB is obtained to procured such specific property of interest, before they start looking for a new job. I believe HDB does not conduct ongoing verification of the household income and in this respect, couples have been able to exploit the same in a bid to get around the income limit and thus benefit from the various schemes available (i.e. grants, fix interest rate loan 2.6%...etc).

I wonder if anyone have any views or such other relevant inputs that may be appropriate to advise the community here.