Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    fire sale begins
    Don't get too trigger happy with this being a fire sale, its still way above the figures these investors bought during early 2006

Default real fire

Real fire starts when people are off loading at below launch price, and doing at desperate pace.

Red face

dont be so naive that everyone also start having fire sale......

Not everyone will be affected in this downturn market

Are u still eating and sleeping well ?

Are u also selling your own house at fire sale?

If not why keep on thinking that everyone is selling at fire sale

when u yourself think your house is worth that good money unless

your house is Gold Plated?

Anything below $700psf is worth considering

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    fire sale begins
    $700 psf for higher floors will make my day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    dont be so naive that everyone also start having fire sale......

Not everyone will be affected in this downturn market

Are u still eating and sleeping well ?

Are u also selling your own house at fire sale?

If not why keep on thinking that everyone is selling at fire sale

when u yourself think your house is worth that good money unless

your house is Gold Plated?
    That is true....

....but but we dun own multiple units under DPS leh.....

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000
    $700 psf for higher floors will make my day!!!
    Further more, even if it is $700 psf, I only could afford it in later 2010

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    Real fire starts when people are off loading at below launch price, and doing at desperate pace.
    For that to happen, you have to recce out which are the projects with many speculators who have not much money.

One Amber doesn't seem to have many gamblers, most were buying for own stay. When it was launched, the property fever had not hit yet. The subsale prices also weren't that high compared to Sea View. So IMO quite safe.

But if you want to know, my bet is on Seafront @ Meyer to crash. This one when launched they had people queuing up, many even paid others to queue up for them. I looked at the cars in the car park, looked at the addresses in the guest book. Didn't seem like very rich people to me. I looked at the showroom, many middle aged men and women, probably retired, got money for downpayment but maybe no job for them to secure loan when condo TOP.

This one will crash.

People who bought the units at the preview paid < $700 psf so at the current market price, they will still make money if they choose to cash out.

Agree with PP, look at Seafront @ Meyer, Aalto and Silversea.

Default oa

It does not matter what price they bot for. For example, if your Father gifted you an apt would u sell it cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    It does not matter what price they bot for. For example, if your Father gifted you an apt would u sell it cheap?
    Of course there is a reason for selling cheap.. cannot afford loan, liquidate, migrating etc.. of course in this current market, they cannot afford to sell high that's for sure. So if one can hold, of course wun sell.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    So if one can hold, of course wun sell.
    Well said. But there are those who are still sitting on profits, so if they expect market to deteriorate they can sell now and buy/invest again after prices have declined further.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Of course there is a reason for selling cheap.. cannot afford loan, liquidate, migrating etc.. of course in this current market, they cannot afford to sell high that's for sure. So if one can hold, of course wun sell.
    My view is that the selling / buying is due primarily to market sentiment. When sentiment is bullish every tom dick and harry buys 1, 2 apts. when sentiment is bad then ppl sell in anticipation of price drops. those who need to buy think twice and delay their decisions. deflationary environment can be a dangerous thing.

my view on ppty prices is simple. sentiment is embodied in sti. look at sti today it's 1800. what was the ppty price when sti was at this level before? i think it was in 2006 or even 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    My view is that the selling / buying is due primarily to market sentiment. When sentiment is bullish every tom dick and harry buys 1, 2 apts. when sentiment is bad then ppl sell in anticipation of price drops. those who need to buy think twice and delay their decisions. deflationary environment can be a dangerous thing.

my view on ppty prices is simple. sentiment is embodied in sti. look at sti today it's 1800. what was the ppty price when sti was at this level before? i think it was in 2006 or even 2005.
    S$700 psf is reasonable to me in this area, usually ppty will lag behind stock for some time

Well said. But there are those who are still sitting on profits, so if they expect market to deteriorate they can sell now and buy/invest again after prices have declined further.
    People make decision majority based on emotion although almost everyone say that he/she based on facts Also selling property is not as eay as sell stocks further more cost a few % of its value, and very very few people have the ability to make fast decision, especially for such big deal, so most will wait & see and wait & see... You can see people hold shares from 3600 to 1800 and still not sell, so called "long-term" investors Make decision is a tough thing for most people....

BT reported yesterday that "four recent sub-sales have been transacted at 20% below launch price". (Google this sentence to read the article.)

Will the same happen to One Amber?

hi, anyone know how many lift is serving one blk which has 6 to 7 unit per blk? Thinking of getting a studio or 2 bedder there. Thks.

BT reported yesterday that "four recent sub-sales have been transacted at 20% below launch price". (Google this sentence to read the article.)

Will the same happen to One Amber?
    These are for property price which has went up into ridiculous price range during the peak. Dont think it will happen to amber at least in near term.
    If the situation continues in > a year, then very likely

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004
    People make decision majority based on emotion although almost everyone say that he/she based on facts Also selling property is not as eay as sell stocks further more cost a few % of its value, and very very few people have the ability to make fast decision, especially for such big deal, so most will wait & see and wait & see... You can see people hold shares from 3600 to 1800 and still not sell, so called "long-term" investors Make decision is a tough thing for most people....
    Yes, many speculators in singapore market tend to be too opptimistic for their own good. When i let go my unit before the real crash in, i kena slammed in skyscrapercity for being a coward and short term, a certain individual said that i would regret somemore, haha...
    Right now he is very sour like a bitter old man.

"Long term" just does not apply to speculation. My uncle held some blue chips during july 08' i told him to sell so that he can buy back again...
    as per normal.... did not listen.....

Sigh.....

Casa Merah, Tierra Vue, Ardmore II, RiverGate, Grand Duchess at St Patrick’s, and One-North Residences are all selling at launch price or lower.

http://www.salary.sg/2009/expect-the...ty-will-crash/

Casa Merah, Tierra Vue, Ardmore II, RiverGate, Grand Duchess at St Patrick’s, and One-North Residences are all selling at launch price or lower.

http://www.salary.sg/2009/expect-the...ty-will-crash/
    Fortunately for some investors and owners, the following projects are still sitting on double-digit profits: One Jervois, Carabelle, ClementiWoods Condominium, The Inspira, Imperial Heights, The Centris, Newton One, The Esta, The Beacon, and Tribeca.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Fortunately for some investors and owners, the following projects are still sitting on double-digit profits: One Jervois, Carabelle, ClementiWoods Condominium, The Inspira, Imperial Heights, The Centris, Newton One, The Esta, The Beacon, and Tribeca.
    But for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    The Centris is confirmed out - see todays paper lol

Default SERIOUS BUYER HERE

Hi there,

For all the people who have been following the threads here, you will realise I am a scavenger. Anyway to all agents who plough this forum, I am offering to buy a 4 bdrm unit for 700psf at One Amber. Those who are interested in my business can PM me.

If you want to suan me or scold me or insult me, please do so in the post alone and leave my mailbox open for those who want to do business. Thanks.

dunno if u will get wat u want...i guess not , cause many ppl snapping up those 8xxpsf and this dudes are the ones tat are buying for own stay, so perhaps u gonna wait another 5yrs for it to be sold at 700psf
    but im not saying its impossible......there might be sellers in financial trouble maybe this yr or next few yrs....but if there is a unit now for sale @ 700psf...trust me...there are many and i mean many waiting to pounce on it unless u are super fast to offer...u will be figthing with another 100 buyers and eventually the price will be jack up in the process.
    Well if you ever go to an auction and the item on sale is hot...u will know waht i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by watprice
    dunno if u will get wat u want...i guess not , cause many ppl snapping up those 8xxpsf and this dudes are the ones tat are buying for own stay, so perhaps u gonna wait another 5yrs for it to be sold at 700psf
    but im not saying its impossible......there might be sellers in financial trouble maybe this yr or next few yrs....but if there is a unit now for sale @ 700psf...trust me...there are many and i mean many waiting to pounce on it unless u are super fast to offer...u will be figthing with another 100 buyers and eventually the price will be jack up in the process.
    Well if you ever go to an auction and the item on sale is hot...u will know waht i mean.
    Agree... Don't know px wll fall to what level, but the cheapest may not be what i want for own stay...

Any idea when One Amber will TOP? most property websites say 2010..but should be sooner rite?

In any case, I am the type who would want to buy a place only when its completed and I can see the unit facing and everything. So I will only be willing to buy on paper at 700 psf. Maybe after One Amber is completed, and I really like the unit I might consider offering closer to what is the market rate at that point of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean.G
    Any idea when One Amber will TOP? most property websites say 2010..but should be sooner rite?

In any case, I am the type who would want to buy a place only when its completed and I can see the unit facing and everything. So I will only be willing to buy on paper at 700 psf. Maybe after One Amber is completed, and I really like the unit I might consider offering closer to what is the market rate at that point of time...
    an agent pip just told me dec 09 today. your $700 is now to high. New smaller boutiques now going for $4xx-$6xx but must bargain hard.

the next couple of months will be fun

Cool

i have visited the site for the past few months to have a look at the progress....seems getting slower each day....to date, some window frames are up and they are doing the roof for the 4 blocks already....not much significant progress....wonder when will be the actual TOP....

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    an agent pip just told me dec 09 today. your $700 is now to high. New smaller boutiques now going for $4xx-$6xx but must bargain hard.

the next couple of months will be fun
    gfoo. Which projects at east area asking for $4xx-6xx? U confirm is psf ? I would like to get 1 if its really $4xxpsf. Assuming you are rite...$4xxpsf should be for bigger units and $6xxpsf will be for smaller units, possibly 1 bedrm.
    That works out to be cheaper than a HDB in Marine Parade. Are You Sure???