Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4914192429303132333435363738394449 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1480

Thread: One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

wha this forum got a lot of rich and famous people ---- so boomz!

i scared

shingz

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Err ... why Dawn Yip stay in ...
    ... maybe Dawn is a celebrity with a good voice?
    ... maybe her degree is "better" than yours?

... just kidding ...

Dawn Yip at an university hostel mid-autumn festival in 1985

well yes she was a singer
    shes also a graduate ..

but she made in big only when she joined her auntie sister Jean Yip ..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Agreed! That type of private parties dont sound like a nobody can attend one...

Wa.. lifestyle of the rich and famous...and influential... hope i get invited soon ...

So Pierre Png the actor damn rich too? .. can hobnob in the party..
    he is actually a very nice chap ..

wont comment on his wealth ...

then again ..often party planners invite celebs to 'show off' ...its common ...

there are a few TCS celebs quite stuck up .. think they BIG stars hahah ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i thought the screen GCB buyers ? like a butcher will never be able to buy a GCB .. how come 'wash face/ wash hair" can buy ?
    I don't think they screen GCB buyers. Only Sentosa Cove bungalows' foreign buyers are screened for background (but more to determine whether their money is legal, and not what profession they are in).

Definitely, a butcher can buy a GCB (provided he can afford it) if a popiah seller can buy one.

The Business Times

Wed, Jun 17, 2009

2G Capital co-founder Tommie Goh bought 2A Ridley Park, next to his existing home, for $30 million or slightly over $1,100 psf.

The seller was 'popiah king' Sam Goi, executive chairman of Tee Yih Jia Food Manufacturing and an established investor in the GCB market.

Mr Goi is expected to move to a new palatial home that he has built on Nassim Road. BT understands that the two neighbours had been discussing the sale of 2A Ridley Park on and off for the past few years.

GCBs, with their stringent planning requirements, are the creme de la creme of Singapore's housing market. There are only about 2,400 such bungalows on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    wha this forum got a lot of rich and famous people ---- so boomz!

i scared

shingz
    I think this forum has the fourth highest average wealth amongst all forums in Singapore.

After these three http://porschesgforum.com, http://sgmerc.com and http://bmw-sg.com

Anyone knows the 999 start from when?

1840 or 1860. Have to dig up my S&P agreement. Was surprised when I read that bit.

he is actually a very nice chap ..

wont comment on his wealth ...

then again ..often party planners invite celebs to 'show off' ...its common ...

there are a few TCS celebs quite stuck up .. think they BIG stars hahah ...

Yes, i think pierre is a nice guy just by his act of donating a part of him to his wife. That speaks volume of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Indian billionaires double
    Agence France-Presse
    New Delhi, Delhi, India
    Thursday, 19 November 2009

The head of India's biggest company Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani, is once again the wealthiest person in India, with his net worth estimated at US$32 billion, an increase of 54% from 2008.
    Wow ... looks like I've to put up another poster to attract more Indian investors to East Coast to help boost my value ...

But India didn't have a Cultural Revolution, so I can't use this mascot ...

So I'll use this one ...

Mistress: I want a Condo in Singapore's East Coast ... One Amber !!!

No problem !!! I'll buy up the whole development for you !!!

Mukesh Ambani's US$ 2 billion Home

World's Most Expensive House

Mukesh Ambani, India's wealthiest resident, is building a 27-story vertical palace in Mumbai, which is expected to be completed in January. Sources have claimed that it is to be named after the mythical island Antilla.

stupid show off fool

Quote Originally Posted by centrico
    stupid show off fool

india no hurricane ...

got earth quake ?

such design can withstand quakes ?

Quote Originally Posted by centrico
    stupid show off fool
    Don't call him "stupid show off fool".

If a few of these Indian tycoons come to Singapore and each buys up one entire condo development to build a "vertical palace" for his family/ mistress, I'll be rich !!!

india no hurricane ...

got earth quake ?

such design can withstand quakes ?
    That's not the final design yet ...

Here's the complete project ...

Ins and outs of the luxury house

Ambani's highly expensive building that was estimated 60-storeyed home is situated in one of the posh street- Altamount Road. Its cost was fixed approximately two billion US dollars and four thousands crores Indian rupees. The height of the Mumbai skyscraper will suppose to be 173 meter.

The building is planned to build with very gorgeous designs as like as maharaja's palace. It was designed by Chicago's eminent skilled designer Perkins and Will.

If anybody ask why Mukesh Ambani's house is so important to talk about, the answer is very easy that it is exceptional in terms of its diverse facilities. The special features of the building can mention here are, for instance, helipads, three rooftop landing areas, family residence of four floors with eye catching scenery of the Arabian Sea, apartments for guests hospitality, swimming pool, gym, health centre, garden, balconies, foliage floors, entertainment centre called theater reserved for cinema watching, car parking extra rooms that made it expensive and extraordinary as well.

Goes with up-do-the-minute

A number of smooth and easy elevators, several storerooms, lounges are added some specialty in the luxurious features of Ambani's Mumbai home. The entertainment hall room is decorated with up-to-date digital monitors, speakers and pricy substances. The visitors can find indoor or outdoor bar, entourage room, green room. There are some other particular arrangements for security system where guards and assistants are deployed round the clock.

What makes Antilla so expensive?

Though the building is designed to build 60 more stories, it will actually stand just 27 stories only as there would be considerably space between the floors. Each of the floors will be higher than the usual average of about three meters.

Parking and maintenance

For keeping the vehicles in well organized inside the house, at least six more floors are reserved for parking where two are booked for personal use of Ambani's family. Besides, an in-house car servicing centre is installed in fact that is allocated for the seventh floor.

Keeping residents healthy

A floor (number ninth) called ‘health' is kept for physical exercise having some sports arrangements like swimming pool, athletics, health club and gymnasium. And for entertaining guests of Ambani family, glass fronted decorating two floors is allotted that is placed just on top of health floor.

Special decoration for the family

Having nice and wonderful views along with designs of Arabian Sea, the top four floors are arranged for using Mukesh's family included his wife, Neeta, children and mother Kokilaben.

Entertainment floor

Holding 50 people capacity, a mini theatre hall is set up at the eighth floor with a view to providing pure entertainment and amusement.

Air space floor - helipad

There is an air space at the very top two floors which will act for landing helicopters on the helipad on top of the building. It can be mention here that three helipads will be deployed above the multi-storied building.

Imagination would come in true!

It is not unexpected to imagine that once Ambani's house would vie to getting the title of most expensive house in the world where around 600 staffs will get chance to work there. So it is better to wait and see what would be happen with wealthiest resident's house named by the mythical island ‘Antilia' that is yet to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    1840 or 1860. Have to dig up my S&P agreement. Was surprised when I read that bit.
    My S&P states the status of the project as being estate in fee simple, which essentially means freehold. There is no mention of a lease term or when it is commencing; in fact these terms were struck out in my S&P. Ain't sure why there is a discrepancy from yours.

Look at Certificate of Title. The bigger piece of land has a tenure starting 5/4/1848 and the smaller piece (237.8 sq m) is leasehold expiring on 30/9/2094.

Yes, estate in fee simple=freehold and not 999.

Look at Certificate of Title. The bigger piece of land has a tenure starting 5/4/1848 and the smaller piece (237.8 sq m) is leasehold expiring on 30/9/2094.

Yes, estate in fee simple=freehold and not 999.

So what does this mean at the end of the day? Pardon my ignorance on this; always thought of One Amber as freehold due to the S&P terms listed in my contract. So is it freehold or leasehold?

Default TOP

Hi fellow OA owners,

Any idea when it is going to TOP?? club house up already.

Thanks

Called the developer a few months ago and was told it shd be ready in Mar 2010.

It's been awhile and while construction seems to have progressed, still looks quite some time away from full completion. Is it still on-track for a Mar-2010 TOP?

Appreciate anyone with some news on this? Thanks!

Called the developer a few months ago and was told it shd be ready in Mar 2010.

There's no way it can be ready by Mar 10. I think it might have a chance of being completed by Oct 10.

Contacted developer yesterday. They say "maybe March or April but not sure yet". As it takes 4-8 weeks after TOP to get key, it is unlikely to get key before June.
    Called landlord yesterday to extend my current rental by a few months....

And I thought UIC was a reputable developer......

Well, I went to the site yesterday afternoon and I reckon we will probably get our keys in either Q3 or Q4 this year. Guess the developer is fully utilizating the legal period for completion I suppose.

However, on a positive note, I noticed that the builders have actually opened up an alternative driveway from the basement carpark to Mountbatten Rd, which was not featured in the initial building plan displayed in the brochure. This will be useful for those wanting to avoid the congestion along amber gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by justsoul

However, on a positive note, I noticed that the builders have actually opened up an alternative driveway from the basement carpark to Mountbatten Rd, which was not featured in the initial building plan displayed in the brochure. This will be useful for those wanting to avoid the congestion along amber gardens.
    But it makes the landscape rather ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    But it makes the landscape rather ugly
    I don't see how it makes the landscape ugly. I think it is great to be able to exit to mountbatten rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    I don't see how it makes the landscape ugly. I think it is great to be able to exit to mountbatten rd.
    Are you sure it's not a temporary exit for the construction trucks? It wasn't in the original plan. Wouldn't it be dangerous to have an exit to Mountbatten rd given the bus stop and the traffic light?

Quote Originally Posted by Miow
    Are you sure it's not a temporary exit for the construction trucks? It wasn't in the original plan. Wouldn't it be dangerous to have an exit to Mountbatten rd given the bus stop and the traffic light?
    Hmmm, looking at the opening being built, I do not think it is big enough for construction trucks to exit that way. Likewise, it looks too nice and finished to be a temporary fixture. I am hoping there will be yellow boxes at the exit to aid us in driving out in future. *Keeping my fingers crossed*

from the security point of view, its not a wise thing to have an exit unless
    there is a guard post - otherwise there will be some outsiders who may gain 'walk-thru' entry via this way to make use of condo facilities.....

Quote Originally Posted by justsoul
    Well, I went to the site yesterday afternoon and I reckon we will probably get our keys in either Q3 or Q4 this year. Guess the developer is fully utilizating the legal period for completion I suppose.

darn! and so we thought that after being away from SG for a month, there will be some good progress but it sure looks like we will have to extend our current rent AGAIN!

i would so reckon that if we don't hear anything by mid feb (well it would be a miracle based on everyone's take), there will be yet another delay period as the chinese workers will probably be off/back during CNY.

Construction seen to come to a stop. What is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Construction seen to come to a stop. What is happening?
    go around 6:30pm, u can see there are still a lot of worker

strange
    cos i thought there were so much talk last year that it would TOP in jun/jul 09

also Luma at river valley ..

the sign at the site said TOP march 2010 ...

the building barely reaches 10 storey