Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: One Amber (D15, 999 years, UIC/Singland)

Right on eastlover!

900psf of OA...like dat i rather buy balmoral or novena area...just top-up ard 50psf can earn more during the upswing cos its nearer to orchard.

So ridiculus to pay premium (during recession) for that super crowded place, not even near MRT and chances of en-bloc are almost NIL.

Sounds like sour grapes (cos i cannot get at 700) but i believe time will tell if the ppl who buy at 900-1000psf can survive or re-sell their property at a profit.

Looks like gotta go surf other threads liao...

Quote Originally Posted by b&j
    I am specifically looking at D15 only. Traffic is always bad at D9-11. I dun want to have a problem everytime I drive home, v irritating. Moreover, OA is v near East Coast Park, lots of good food too. I am prepared to pay more for Stack 27. Dun want to miss the boat again.
    it depends on where you work ...

my office at raffles place .. i have home in kent ridge area ..takes me 8 mins door to door in the morning ..and 12 mins in the evening ..even when i take bus ..its 25 mins ...

now i am staying at river valley ..very near valley park ... 5 mins to office in the morning.. 10 mins home in the evening ...

just to get from raffles place to ECP towards eastcoast ..the jam and the ERP are already a turn off to me ...

i believe the jam on east side is worst than central (excl orchard rd) and west ..

there maybe a lot of eateries ..but if you drive ..its a headache to find parking ...unlessyou walk //or unless your bo chup anyhow park illegally or you dine at odd hours ...

I am specifically looking at D15 only. Traffic is always bad at D9-11. I dun want to have a problem everytime I drive home, v irritating. Moreover, OA is v near East Coast Park, lots of good food too. I am prepared to pay more for Stack 27. Dun want to miss the boat again.

my office at raffles place .. i have home in kent ridge area ..takes me 8 mins door to door in the morning ..and 12 mins in the evening ..even when i take bus ..its 25 mins ...

now i am staying at river valley ..very near valley park ... 5 mins to office in the morning.. 10 mins home in the evening ...

just to get from raffles place to ECP towards eastcoast ..the jam and the ERP are already a turn off to me ...

i believe the jam on east side is worst than central (excl orchard rd) and west ..

there maybe a lot of eateries ..but if you drive ..its a headache to find parking ...unlessyou walk //or unless your bo chup anyhow park illegally or you dine at odd hours ...

by the way ..the latest few issues of EXPAT LIVING featured expat expressing WHY the like staying west side ... in fact i have seen more than once, article about expat moving from central and east towards west and south west ..

mind you ..from 2006-2008 ...rental in pasir panjang stretch to west coast .. was higher than east coast ... of similar size unit / project

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

by the way ..the latest few issues of EXPAT LIVING featured expat expressing WHY the like staying west side ... in fact i have seen more than once, article about expat moving from central and east towards west and south west ..

mind you ..from 2006-2008 ...rental in pasir panjang stretch to west coast .. was higher than east coast ... of similar size unit / project
    You got your point but it is really based on individual preference. I will still go for D15 since its for own stay. My parents are staying in the East. Good schs n food also here. Family members working in Changi area. No reason why I should go to Central area and pay for ERP everytime I go to work and go back home. West is totally out for me too.

You got your point but it is really based on individual preference. I will still go for D15 since its for own stay. My parents are staying in the East. Good schs n food also here. Family members working in Changi area. No reason why I should go to Central area and pay for ERP everytime I go to work and go back home. West is totally out for me too.
    well if your roots are there and you work east side ..then it makes sense ...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Interesting. ST which day didn't drop? You mean Stock everyday rise without fail?
    After a week rising, STI drop 1,662.09 (-83.57) now.

When I called one agent last week, he proudly told me that due to the continuouse raising in STI, owner wants to sell higher, not even consider if lower than 850 psf.

I wonder what will this young proud agent say today...

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover

When I called one agent last week, he proudly told me that due to the continuouse raising in STI, owner wants to sell higher, not even consider if lower than 850 psf.

He will tell you that owners will consider lower than 850 psf only today due to the drop in STI if and only if you make an offer by 6pm, Mar 30, 2009

Well, some owners have holding power. Desperate owners have already sold their units.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004
    He will tell you that owners will consider lower than 850 psf only today due to the drop in STI if and only if you make an offer by 6pm, Mar 30, 2009
    he may tell you ..'oh sold already' ...' if you really keen i may have another unit '....

i bet you it will be the same unit ...

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004
    How many bedders are u looking at? 2 bedder? 3 bedder? or 3+1 bedder?

he may tell you ..'oh sold already' ...' if you really keen i may have another unit '....

i bet you it will be the same unit ...
    haha! that young agent listed a lot of OA at property guru, stating 7xxpsf, and yes, he said exactly like that! ..'oh JUST sold already' ... if you really keen i may have another unit .... I sms you?... ' after taking down my mobile, no follow up at all!

I'm wondering is it FREE to adv at property guru? I know it's not cheap to put up adv on newspaper, you can see this guy's name on every sat and sunday classified.

Why do they want to waste their hard-earn money like that? how do they know we are not potential buyers even though we are attracted by his 7xxpsf lies????

Agreed. SARS happened on 2003, the property price really botton on 2005.

So mayby this time it will be around end of 2009 or 2010?
    Middle or end of 2010, then take another 1 to 2 years before the price raise steadyly....

its amazing how many people is still looking at property prices recovering to 07/08 prices in the the next 2 - 3 years. people just do not understand that these years are very special years that we live to tell our kids in the next 15 - 20 years.

Its a period of time where M&A volume break all imagination. Private Equity buyout of 30billion is the norm (at the height industry people have so often mention about deals worth 100 billion), doing a Leverage buyout is like taking a stroll in the park, where regulators are caught asleep in their seat, where man in the street lionised the CEO of any tom, dick harry bank.........

All in all, credit was so damn cheap and nobody bothers how much you borrow due to the cheap interest.................

Now all this is going to be gone for a very very long time......

if any agent tells me prices are higher now ..then i will STOP looking at OA .. if everyone stop asking ..the selling price will have to come down ...

at 850 - 900 psf ..i rather try to buy one at Valley park ... maybe old but the land is BIG and the blocks are far apart from each other .. and the location is damn good ..
    Can't agree more. That's y I'm now looking at dist 9-11 especially these are the ones that fall the most in terms of price now. Traditionally, 9-11 price goes up first before spreading to the rest of the region when the market recovers.

Just stop looking at OA now for the time being

Not sure whether I can agree with you on the traffic part as I quite often heard over the radio while driving to work where the DJ reported "Jam was reported along ECP heading towards City area. So do drive carefully..." One of the reason I stop looking at it is my wife was telling me difficult to get car park at Parkway be it weekday or weekend. And that is one of the closest amenities that you can get. The attractive part is I like East Coast Park.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel71
    Not sure whether I can agree with you on the traffic part as I quite often heard over the radio while driving to work where the DJ reported "Jam was reported along ECP heading towards City area. So do drive carefully..." One of the reason I stop looking at it is my wife was telling me difficult to get car park at Parkway be it weekday or weekend. And that is one of the closest amenities that you can get. The attractive part is I like East Coast Park.
    Weekends at EC Park is a joke - extremely crammed carparks, and not fun jogging there or walking the dog as tons of heartlanders making camp in tents, BBQ-ing, and most are anti-doggy. massive traffic jams depending on which hour you are on the roads, and sometimes magically, traffic just clears up. tanjong exit is generally fine though.

I like OA a lot, and it has the best potential of the 3 incl esta and tsv. but at $800psf, it's still high.

why you all so kancheong? haven't even TOP yet. wait for it to TOP first, then look at market condition and buy as and when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I like OA a lot, and it has the best potential of the 3 incl esta and tsv. but at $800psf, it's still high.

why you all so kancheong? haven't even TOP yet. wait for it to TOP first, then look at market condition and buy as and when you need it.
    I guess we all thinking if we don't buy now, OA will become another Esta after TOP. you see now Esta 'no 900+ no talk' one.

After OA TOP, after ownere secure the housing loan, after they find tenant, then no more bargain power liao... heard from agent (don't know how true), OA available units getting less and less. that's why we all so kancheong....

But I agree with you - it's still high at $800psf. We should insist on 'no 700 no talk' for OA

why only 700? should be 500 psf! It is only right, because in 2003-2005 D15 average was half the price of prime average.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    why only 700? should be 500 psf! It is only right, because in 2003-2005 D15 average was half the price of prime average.
    Haha, our friend b&j already can not wait for 850psf liao, you still has him to wait till 500 psf? A bit hard ba?

Haha, our friend b&j already can not wait for 850psf liao, you still has him to wait till 500 psf? A bit hard ba?
    I wait for 600psf

I believe wait or no wait is all depending on the profit margin you are looking at.

If this D15 property is the last thing you are ever going to buy and you will stay till the day you die, then i guess 850-950 is still decent if it can fit into your price range.

However, if you planning to resell in a few years time, and you dun wanna stay in condo the size of a badminton court, then 850-950 psf really dun make sense. Imagine later on selling the 1701 sqft OA at 1000psf, buyer gotta pay bloody 1.7mil to you. I think they rather buy orchard for this kinda price.

Look at tierra vue, selling for bloody 2.2 mil and its located at St Patrick Road! not St Regis!... D15 is crazy...

yah prices r unrealistic.. but i suspect people buying for own stay are willing to fork out more for their "dream home" in an amenities-filled area they have grown to love despite the growing congestion.

While one naturally prefers to buy at the bottom of the cycle, this is harder to do with property than with stocks as each unit & project is different.

The unit you want may not be up for sale when prices are at their lowest.

I guess we all thinking if we don't buy now, OA will become another Esta after TOP. you see now Esta 'no 900+ no talk' one.

After OA TOP, after ownere secure the housing loan, after they find tenant, then no more bargain power liao... heard from agent (don't know how true), OA available units getting less and less. that's why we all so kancheong....

But I agree with you - it's still high at $800psf. We should insist on 'no 700 no talk' for OA
    try calling a bank for a valuation on OA or Esta... and see what you get ... i doubt its going to be 900 psf for esta or 800 psf for OA ..

seriously do it ...

if valuation is 700 psf then you go to agent ..tell them bank not willing to lend for the project ..THEY value it much much lower ...
    ask the agent to talk to the bank first ..then come back to you ...

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Good luck waiting for OA going for $500 psf when the price buying from the developer is higher than that. Some posters here seem to forget buying a condo is a major decision and I'm sure OA buyers must have done their sums before committing to a purchase.

Even those who bought for speculative reasons must have cashed out by now or they can still cash out at $700+ psf and break even/make a profit.

Again, good luck to people waiting for $500 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Good luck waiting for OA going for $500 psf when the price buying from the developer is higher than that. Some posters here seem to forget buying a condo is a major decision and I'm sure OA buyers must have done their sums before committing to a purchase.

Even those who bought for speculative reasons must have cashed out by now or they can still cash out at $700+ psf and break even/make a profit.

Again, good luck to people waiting for $500 psf.
    Agree! I guess those who wait and wait are those who will nv buy....

Ai! what to do? the East owner still so greedy. I may be changed to Center Lover soon
    Lovely,,, and yes "what to do"... may have to change love soon from east to central...

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Lovely,,, and yes "what to do"... may have to change love soon from east to central...
    So how about you? 'no east no talk'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean.G
    I believe wait or no wait is all depending on the profit margin you are looking at.

If this D15 property is the last thing you are ever going to buy and you will stay till the day you die, then i guess 850-950 is still decent if it can fit into your price range.

However, if you planning to resell in a few years time, and you dun wanna stay in condo the size of a badminton court, then 850-950 psf really dun make sense. Imagine later on selling the 1701 sqft OA at 1000psf, buyer gotta pay bloody 1.7mil to you. I think they rather buy orchard for this kinda price.

Look at tierra vue, selling for bloody 2.2 mil and its located at St Patrick Road! not St Regis!... D15 is crazy...

I agree, how ever so far D15 has also been rent stable. Look at rental and you will see that units are costing nearly as much as in the prime area. I am not sure if this is because Prime got so expensive that people moved to D15 or if D15 is simply more attractive for expats with kids. Good, schools, nice park along the coast etc. Should I start a family, I would seriously consider the Katong area. I find Katong even more attractive than Holland area. So the question is will people move back to the prime area and demand for D15 go down? Or are we seeing D15 becoming the place to be for expats with kids?

Esta valuation is pretty high

try calling a bank for a valuation on OA or Esta... and see what you get ... i doubt its going to be 900 psf for esta or 800 psf for OA ..

seriously do it ...

if valuation is 700 psf then you go to agent ..tell them bank not willing to lend for the project ..THEY value it much much lower ...
    ask the agent to talk to the bank first ..then come back to you ...