Thread: Analysts say S'pore private property market could pick up this year

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Analysts say S'pore private property market could pick up this year

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...430034/1/.html

Analysts say S'pore private property market could pick up this year

By Mok Fei Fei, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 May 2009 1523 hrs

SINGAPORE : Brokerage DBS Vickers said the Singapore private property market could pick up this year.

In a research report, the firm said the prices of mass market private homes are likely to rise by the second half of this year if demand continues to hold.

Mid-tier private residential homes, meanwhile, could see price stability towards the later part of the year.

However, DBS Vickers added that the high-end segment will remain subdued for at least the next few months.

The brokerage noted that developers have launched more new homes for sale in April, with buyers eyeing a wide variety of projects in different locations.

Last Friday, data released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority showed that private home sales for April remained strong, with some 1,200 units sold. - CNA /ls

Default The recovery has leg

S&P500 futures just tested the 875 support this morning SGT time. The fact that it quickly rebounded from that level with recovery in most Asian markets points to a sustainable uptrend to retest the next resistance at 925. STI at 2400 coming soon. The biggest surprise today is Indian stock market up 17% ...

Default jitkiat think the rally has leg

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    S&P500 futures just tested the 875 support this morning SGT time. The fact that it quickly rebounded from that level with recovery in most Asian markets points to a sustainable uptrend to retest the next resistance at 925. STI at 2400 coming soon. The biggest surprise today is Indian stock market up 17% ...
    As always; you keep quiet when S&P have a slide below 900 last week but come and bark again when it hover at 900 now.

And you don't comment on less bullish BT like
    "Cathay unit buys Parakou Building for $81.4 million"
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...333426,00.html?

Or reference bearish BT like
    "Pullback seen extending as caution reigns"
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...333411,00.html?

I also don't know how your STI 2400 come about..

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    As always; you keep quiet when S&P have a slide below 900 last week but come and bark again when it hover at 900 now.

And you don't comment on less bullish BT like
    "Cathay unit buys Parakou Building for $81.4 million"
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...333426,00.html?

Or reference bearish BT like
    "Pullback seen extending as caution reigns"
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...333411,00.html?

I also don't know how your STI 2400 come about..
    Well it will cross 2400................. eventually. I suppose it depends on how you define soon.

I think many of us are trying to make sense of where we are in this mess.
    I personally find it hard to believe we will be out in no time soon. There is plenty of bad news still coming in.
    The way the stock market seems to be reacting at the moment is that the bad news is not as bad as it could have been.
    It could snap back at any moment or just continue to plough ahead.

We just need remember about vested interests.

Default Sustainable rally

Ppty mkt will pick up. Many good points in play. Stock market rally, imminent IR, MRT lines and other national upgrades.

Remember that the ppty price rally in 2007 was stopped short because of the stock market crash. So the ppty prices never really reached their true peak in 2007.

Just wait and you'll see a sustainable rally this time, in stocks and other asset classes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    Ppty mkt will pick up. Many good points in play. Stock market rally, imminent IR, MRT lines and other national upgrades.

Remember that the ppty price rally in 2007 was stopped short because of the stock market crash. So the ppty prices never really reached their true peak in 2007.

Just wait and you'll see a sustainable rally this time, in stocks and other asset classes as well.
    Think the property market will surprise many property perma-bear on the upside. The consensus view is that by end May 2009, the total number of new unit sales would have reached or exceeded 2008 full year figures. This is the main catalyst causing insitutional investors to load up on property stocks in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    The consensus view is that by end May 2009, the total number of new unit sales would have reached or exceeded 2008 full year figures.
    The new units are sold at a heavy discount, my dear. In fact, bears like me hope to see more units sold at further discounts, thus pushing down resale and subsale prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite

Wa.. you so good hor.. ya, quite true. West got jurong lake development, East got new uni, south got IR, North got sport school even pungol got wat water centre development.. D9 D10 always good, buy lah.. everywhere also good.

the last 2 crash I could remember is AFC and dotcom+Sept11+sars. your 07 is what huh? bigger than the shockwave post-lehman?

but I know the sail cross 2000psf

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Think the property market will surprise many property perma-bear on the upside. The consensus view is that by end May 2009, the total number of new unit sales would have reached or exceeded 2008 full year figures. This is the main catalyst causing insitutional investors to load up on property stocks in the last few weeks.
    I no bear no bull but waiting to be surprise everytime.

property been the main catalyst? bloom/reuter/DJ cum lots of other brokerage terminals all says bank/finance lead the charge leh..
    your england so powderful you must be right.. I tmr go fuxxk them..

insitutional investors? my circle must be small, cause I only know punters in the market. most investor still hide in hole waiting for ppl to package and sell them "Long Term Strategic Investment" product.

oh yah.. almost forgot all the shortie frns that buy to cover position and in the end turbocharge 30% of rally... hahhahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    The new units are sold at a heavy discount, my dear. In fact, bears like me hope to see more units sold at further discounts, thus pushing down resale and subsale prices.
    in anycase moneymatters said sale wat.. firesale also sale, auction sale also sale.. iras reprocession also lead to sale..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I would expect the property BEAR to be thinking this way: "Wah, how can this be true? These idiot analysts always sprouting nonsense and cannot be trusted. I believe in my own judgement. Sure drop again and then I can buy CHEAP CHEAP. You stupid analysts better don't write such things to encourage other people to buy properties otherwise how am I going to buy CHEAP CHEAP? #@!*^&+ Go to HELL with these analysts who write such nonsense".

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...430034/1/.html

Analysts say S'pore private property market could pick up this year

By Mok Fei Fei, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 May 2009 1523 hrs

SINGAPORE : Brokerage DBS Vickers said the Singapore private property market could pick up this year.

In a research report, the firm said the prices of mass market private homes are likely to rise by the second half of this year if demand continues to hold.

Mid-tier private residential homes, meanwhile, could see price stability towards the later part of the year.

However, DBS Vickers added that the high-end segment will remain subdued for at least the next few months.

The brokerage noted that developers have launched more new homes for sale in April, with buyers eyeing a wide variety of projects in different locations.

Last Friday, data released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority showed that private home sales for April remained strong, with some 1,200 units sold. - CNA /ls

Default Poor taste

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    I no bear no bull but waiting to be surprise everytime.

property been the main catalyst? bloom/reuter/DJ cum lots of other brokerage terminals all says bank/finance lead the charge leh..
    your england so powderful you must be right.. I tmr go fuxxk them..

insitutional investors? my circle must be small, cause I only know punters in the market. most investor still hide in hole waiting for ppl to package and sell them "Long Term Strategic Investment" product.

oh yah.. almost forgot all the shortie frns that buy to cover position and in the end turbocharge 30% of rally... hahhahaha...
    Is your English that bad or is this your poor sense of humour?

Default Who is crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I would expect the property BEAR to be thinking this way: "Wah, how can this be true? These idiot analysts always sprouting nonsense and cannot be trusted. I believe in my own judgement. Sure drop again and then I can buy CHEAP CHEAP. You stupid analysts better don't write such things to encourage other people to buy properties otherwise how am I going to buy CHEAP CHEAP? #@!*^&+ Go to HELL with these analysts who write such nonsense".
    everyone has his right to opinion, what's ur problem? stock mkt has appreciated 50% and u say pundits who say ppty mkt will recover are totally crazy?