Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for condo at Shelford

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Shelford Suites - Most of the units face East & West - Hot like hell in the afternoon till night time.

D'Chateau - Small project, little facility.

23 Shelford & 18 Shelford - Looks very cramp.

Actually Shelford road area usually very bad traffic jam especially just before school starts and after school ends (because of Raffles Girls Primary School nearby).
    Yes I agree that Shelford rd is bad when it comes to exit into Dundern. Also Adam Park is really strange when you can enter via Adam Rd and then exit by going up several stories to shelford.

Apparently, there isn't much land left around this region. So do you think that the prices of these development around Shelford will appreciate as afterall they are still the few affordable ones within 1-2km from the good schools.

i am considering to look for a resale unit in The Shelford. Any idea what is the current psf for a 2B or 3B ?
    one comment , noticed that this condo is "wear-off" on external view....windows and paint looked like more than 10 yrs old.

any advise ?

singapore weather is hell on external paintwork.

shelford TOP about 3 years ago, should be due for re-painting soon. which is usually the case for most condos?

maybe you ask the MC when they intend to repaint.

don't let the outside turn you off the inside. feel shelford offers the most value for money bargain around that area, also best of the bunch in terms of facilities.

not vested (no schooling kids yet).

Now that the land area over at the shelford region has more or less been filled, do you think that there are any chances for the developments over there getting en-boc? What do you think? Please kindly input your views, just for discussion-sake....

Try to go for Watten estate Condo.
    Very cosy with rich greenies.
    Lower PSF too.

As for enbloc...not sure cos it seems residents are old and filthy rich....

watten estate condo tried going for en-bloc in 2007, but wasn't successful. well, they might just try again.

but i do not like watten estate due to the following:

1) distance to main road. simply too far to walk out. i would rather take shelford stretch instead (since there is a short cut near shelford suites to the main road, hence more walkable).

2) the condo is really old with dated facilities. Given the failed en-bloc process in 07, it might be years before another successful en-bloc can go through.

3) with the exception of blk 44, other blks in the estate are outside 1km of nanyang primary. hence no proximity to nanyang as a selling point (to buyers or tenants) as compared to other devts in the area.

But agree that the shelford area has promise, in comparison with watten estate. was looking at NineteenShelfordRoad a while ago. It is much better maintained, and nearer to main road and Adam Rd market than Watten Estate Condo.

From SLA, Watten estate condo is less than 1km to NYPS; ie zone 1.

I would go for the shelford condo by capitaland instead. it is much newer, bigger plot of land, more facilities and prices are not high currently. it is affordable for those small families who have one child to send to school and who are targetting nanyang primary.

those who are targetting SCGS could look at Trevose Park (FH) or The Trevose (LH), they are quite cheap now compared to The Equatorial accross the junction.

Those who are targetting ACS Barker Road have nothing to worry about on the residential front: so many condos there... the cheapest being Chancery court (LH) and Balmoral Gate (FH).

Quote Originally Posted by Latio
    From SLA, Watten estate condo is less than 1km to NYPS; ie zone 1.
    Did you obtain the information via the $5 service in INLIS.gov, and called up NYPS to verify the data?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    I would go for the shelford condo by capitaland instead. it is much newer, bigger plot of land, more facilities and prices are not high currently. it is affordable for those small families who have one child to send to school and who are targetting nanyang primary.

those who are targetting SCGS could look at Trevose Park (FH) or The Trevose (LH), they are quite cheap now compared to The Equatorial accross the junction.

Those who are targetting ACS Barker Road have nothing to worry about on the residential front: so many condos there... the cheapest being Chancery court (LH) and Balmoral Gate (FH).
    alahdin, you are good! U really sussed out the whole area already ah?

The Shelford is good.... but alas the psf pricing is also equally reflective of this.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

While The Shelford looks good, for that sort of $psf pricing, I can get better and more convenient locations.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin

Oh... My wife said the info checked from SLA.
    So you confirmed from that source that you are right with only Block 44?

Thanks...

Oh... My wife said the info checked from SLA.
    So you confirmed from that source that you are right with only Block 44?

Thanks...
    Pal, if you are really keen to buy, plse don't save on that few bucks. Do your own homework on what are the surrounding amenities. Do your own research as to which are the schools that are within 1km. Basically when u file an INLIS search, it needs the EXACT postal code of the property. Watten Estate Condo is simply the name of the entire group of blocks within the Condo; each block has its unique postal code. Just a couple of months back, a friend was really interested in a $700k (1000sqft) 2-bedder in that devt hence I helped to check from INLIS. If you are so keen, good to check it up yourself and verify as well with the school. Not all blocks are created equal.

Shelford Rd is much nearer NY PRIMARY Sch (NOT Nanyang Girls' High) than Watten. Hence Shelford's valuations are much higher, not to say Shelford stretch is much nearer to the main rd via the shortcut to Adam Rd Market.

I see. Thanks for the advice.

Did yr friend bought the 700k unit?
    Any feedback from him pls?

I see. Thanks for the advice.

Did yr friend bought the 700k unit?
    Any feedback from him pls?
    Nope, he didn't. Anyway, that 700k unit was advertised for close to 2 months before it was sold. The agent pestered my friend non-stop for a cheque.

Totally up to you.... some people like it there, some do not. And at the end of the day, if it is for self stay, your family must like it there too. Take a drive there at night. If your children and wife like the surroundings, then it is up to you to see if the price justifies the buy.

I see.
    Really appreciate your sharing.

Yes, Blk 40 is confirmed less than 1 km to NYPS with the web site u mentioned.

Just saw from URA Caveat that a 958sqft apt in 19 Shelford just sold for $1.138mil or at 1188psf, that is a mighty impressive high price.....

that place is neither here nor there, is it worth that much? i also never understood how condos like maplewoods, nexus and floridian can be considered to be in the prime part of bukit timah. the part of bukit timah that i consider posh is where The Legend, Madison Residences, etc are, just opposite barker rd.

Just saw from URA Caveat that a 958sqft apt in 19 Shelford just sold for $1.138mil or at 1188psf, that is a mighty impressive high price.....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    that place is neither here nor there, is it worth that much? i also never understood how condos like maplewoods, nexus and floridian can be considered to be in the prime part of bukit timah. the part of bukit timah that i consider posh is where The Legend, Madison Residences, etc are, just opposite barker rd.
    you are another talk cock king. no ****ing sense of geographic awareness.

if you cannot differentiate between shelford area (D11 lower bukit timah opposite farrer rd area) and maplewoods area (D21 tan chong motors area), you shouldn't be talking about bukit timah property here.

go back to your serangoon rd lah. maybe you can differentiate better when there is black and yellow colours.

1188 psf for shelford rd is cheap. mark my words.

Saw from Enbloc section here that in 2007, Watten Estate tried enbloc at $400mil in Jun 07 and then suddenly raised to $480mil in Jul 07.....

Wonder what would be a competitive enbloc value now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus

if you cannot differentiate between shelford area (D11 lower bukit timah opposite farrer rd area) and maplewoods area (D21 tan chong motors area), you shouldn't be talking about bukit timah property here.

go back to your serangoon rd lah. maybe you can differentiate better when there is black and yellow colours.
    Relax... he is just saying how there are different parts of "bukit timah"...

I think there is the
    1) balmoral stretch, nice nice nice, nearer town, near schools like SCGS and ACS
    2) duchess stretch with shelford and watten opposite, near schs too like nanyang and rgps
    3) Floridian stretch (further down)
    4) upper bukit timah (KAP and beyond, if you want to lump this together as well)...

I will rate prices to be highest from balmoral then becoming cheaper towards upper bukit timah. And yes, I think anything cheaper than 1200PSF is a very good deal now. But alas, I was hoping on getting something along the balmoral stretch for <1200PSF but I think it is impossible now.

are you illiterate? i did not say shelford belongs to the same area as maplewoods, nexus or floridian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    are you illiterate? i did not say shelford belongs to the same area as maplewoods, nexus or floridian.
    I sincerely pity u.... U have been greatly hated by majority of the people in this forum and still think that u are someone on top of the world....Please wake up your F**king idea and F**k off from this forum!!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You could now. One of the unit in Belmond green was transacted at $1199psf in Dec 09 and Chateau Le Fame at $893psf in Nov09

Quote Originally Posted by echotrain
    Relax... he is just saying how there are different parts of "bukit timah"...

I think there is the
    1) balmoral stretch, nice nice nice, nearer town, near schools like SCGS and ACS
    2) duchess stretch with shelford and watten opposite, near schs too like nanyang and rgps
    3) Floridian stretch (further down)
    4) upper bukit timah (KAP and beyond, if you want to lump this together as well)...

I will rate prices to be highest from balmoral then becoming cheaper towards upper bukit timah. And yes, I think anything cheaper than 1200PSF is a very good deal now. But alas, I was hoping on getting something along the balmoral stretch for <1200PSF but I think it is impossible now.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You could now. One of the unit in Belmond green was transacted at $1199psf in Dec 09 and Chateau Le Fame at $893psf in Nov09
    Saw those. But when I go around asking, nobody gives those prices. They will tell you "Cyan selling 1900psf".

With China overheating, a major correction is on the cards. Soon the asking should come down to 1100psf

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Moby, 23 January 2010 2.45 pm
    With China overheating, a major correction is on the cards. Soon the asking should come down to 1100psf
    What if your prediction is wrong?

Belmond Green
    Address ........................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............. Contract Date
    . 15 Balmoral Road #03-02 ..... $1,550 psf o.. 1,335 sqft .... $2,069,000 ..... 30 Dec 09
    15C Balmoral Road #06-15 .... $1,568 psf o.. 1,550 sqft .... $2,430,000 ..... 18 Dec 09

Chateau Le Fame
    Address ........................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............. Contract Date
    51 Ewe Boon Road #02-09 .... $1,042 psf o... 1,163 sqft .... $1,200,000 ..... 23 Dec 09
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear, 3 weeks ago

With Cube 8 selling so well.... Is scary thought for Singaporeans and our kids to secure housing in future.....

Sighh.....