Thread: Bank Auction / Sale

Default Bank Auction / Sale

I counted at least 5 bank auctions or bank sales in today's classified ads (in Sunday Times). Don't remember seeing even one during the good old times 1-2 years ago.

Oh well, the property bulls here will still say this doesn't mean a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    I counted at least 5 bank auctions or bank sales in today's classified ads (in Sunday Times). Don't remember seeing even one during the good old times 1-2 years ago.

Oh well, the property bulls here will still say this doesn't mean a thing.
    No bulls will quote this until they release their own hot potato and escape from the current peril.

Once they managed to dump it, I will not be surprised they turn bearish in nature...

Thats life.. we all have our interests to protect..

Begbie: Did you bring the cards?
    Sick Boy: What?
    Begbie: The cards, the last thing I told you was to mind the cards!
    Sick Boy: Well, I've not brought them.
    Begbie: It's ****ing boring after a while without the cards.
    Sick Boy: I'm sorry.
    Begbie: Bit ****ing late, like.
    Sick Boy: Why didn't *you* bring them?
    Begbie: 'CAUSE I ****ING TOLD YOU TO BRING THEM, YOU DOSS CUNT!
    Sick Boy: ...Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    Begbie: Did you bring the cards?
    Sick Boy: What?
    Begbie: The cards, the last thing I told you was to mind the cards!
    Sick Boy: Well, I've not brought them.
    Begbie: It's ****ing boring after a while without the cards.
    Sick Boy: I'm sorry.
    Begbie: Bit ****ing late, like.
    Sick Boy: Why didn't *you* bring them?
    Begbie: 'CAUSE I ****ING TOLD YOU TO BRING THEM, YOU DOSS CUNT!
    Sick Boy: ...Christ.

play chinese chess lor

Quote Originally Posted by nimm12
    play chinese chess lor
    Sigh.. chinese chess very taxing to brain.. so much new development now in the property market...hard to keep up already..

all i want is a 730-750K, 3 bedroom unit at District 15 close to my mum's HDB.. is that too much to ask..??!!!???

If this carry on.. i may just have to play chinese chess just to keep my mind off...

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie
    Sigh.. chinese chess very taxing to brain.. so much new development now in the property market...hard to keep up already..

all i want is a 730-750K, 3 bedroom unit at District 15 close to my mum's HDB.. is that too much to ask..??!!!???

If this carry on.. i may just have to play chinese chess just to keep my mind off...
    Nope.. you can just buy the HDB flat next to your mum... i'm sure u can get it even if u lowered ur price..

750k 3br assume 1200sqf = 625psf, frankly speaking district 15 impossible to find this price now.

wait till index drop further to 120~130

Try the older ones like Mandarin Gardens and Bayshore Park. Otherwise, you can me in waiting for px to drop further (may not happen).

Quote Originally Posted by nimm12
    750k 3br assume 1200sqf = 625psf, frankly speaking district 15 impossible to find this price now.

wait till index drop further to 120~130
    Yeah.. but i dun mind the small 1050 sqf units.. most importantly they need to have 3 bedrooms...that should price around $700 psf...

For the HDB in marine parade.. COV are still hovering around $40-60K, with cash required for the reno since its gonna be close to 40 yr old flats.... altogether will amt about $80-100K... Thats too much to pay for a 5 room HDB thats 30+ yrs old.... and pls dun forget the 5 room HDB there cost close to half a million dollars

Agents that I have met insisted that $800psf is a fair price for the telok kurau area and I should just settle with that for my next house (though i beg to disagree..) , but that of course is my own opinion.. I believe a fair price around telok kurau area should be around $675 psf

Well..we'll see, in the meantime, i'll just have to settle with staying with mummy..

I'm definitely priced out for a property close to my mum right now.. and if the bulls insist that prices can go up by 2-3 times the current price within 10 yrs... That sounds like a load of bull.. *SpLAT*

at any pt in time at any price and in any area, agents will tell you,

"this is it, now is the time to buy!"

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    at any pt in time at any price and in any area, agents will tell you,

"this is it, now is the time to buy!"
    Some will say you're already late in the game, so better buy immediately before prices shoot through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    Some will say you're already late in the game, so better buy immediately before prices shoot through the roof!
    Hi Begbie, buy at the price u can comfortably afford, i.e. not overstretch until the very last $ of your gross income. If the price is too high, wait, even if the price is going to go up. Unless u are so urgent in need of a unit, then u have no choice.

It's no point living a tough life struggling to pay installment every month and lost the joy in enjoying life.

Quote Originally Posted by vale
    Hi Begbie, buy at the price u can comfortably afford, i.e. not overstretch until the very last $ of your gross income. If the price is too high, wait, even if the price is going to go up. Unless u are so urgent in need of a unit, then u have no choice.

It's no point living a tough life struggling to pay installment every month and lost the joy in enjoying life.
    Couldn't agree more dude... in fact.. i'm gonna shift my direction towards further east in the meantime.. the pricing there are more suited for me..but since i drive.. its not so bad.. Can always drive over and visit my mum.. or even bring her over to stay with us... small issue here...

Furthermore.. that 250K difference in price between D15 and D18 housing... I can spend in nicer holidays, invest in stocks etc etc etc.....maybe even get myself a nice new watch... so yeah.. I fully agree with your point...

U looking out for a unit yourself dude?

Couldn't agree more dude... in fact.. i'm gonna shift my direction towards further east in the meantime.. the pricing there are more suited for me..but since i drive.. its not so bad.. Can always drive over and visit my mum.. or even bring her over to stay with us... small issue here...

Furthermore.. that 250K difference in price between D15 and D18 housing... I can spend in nicer holidays, invest in stocks etc etc etc.....maybe even get myself a nice new watch... so yeah.. I fully agree with your point...

U looking out for a unit yourself dude?
    yeap same sentiments! I rather keep my $$ in a poor FD rate then make a wrong property investment.

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    yeap same sentiments! I rather keep my $$ in a poor FD rate then make a wrong property investment.
    Or you can consider Reits.... which pays dividends... less capital outlay, more liquid and more rewarding... had a capital gain of more than 85% from a reit I bought in Mar and sold in May (2 months)... beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Or you can consider Reits.... which pays dividends... less capital outlay, more liquid and more rewarding... had a capital gain of more than 85% from a reit I bought in Mar and sold in May (2 months)... beat that?
    Don't anyhow suggest lah. Yours appreciation are pre-lehman now is post-lehman leh. You could be right but again, look at FCT. Also, from all angles, commercial property are on a correction phase which most likely affect the dividend payout.