Thread: Rio Vista

Default Rio Vista

I'm looking for 3+study or 4 bedroom. Any view on this condo?

Quote Originally Posted by charm
    Got SMS from agent yesterday. One Rio Vistar owner asking 3+1 rm 700k. This is 2H2007 price. Are you interested ? I am not an agent, but try to share with you the info.

I go there weekly. landscape is quite nice and quiet. cool wind all year around.

Default rio vista

jus bought a unit. facing river...very ideal for staying. prob the best in the region i reckon after viewing several others.

Quote Originally Posted by jarsofclay_2000
    jus bought a unit. facing river...very ideal for staying. prob the best in the region i reckon after viewing several others.
    able to share on what psf?

Default rio vista

about mid 500k...
    Last edited by jarsofclay_2000; 10-05-09 at 14:46.

Wink psf

about mid of 500.) some said high, some said ok. but think we prob cant find another that fit what we want. it also dep on the floor, where it faces and how well the owner maintain the place.

about mid of 500.) some said high, some said ok. but think we prob cant find another that fit what we want. it also dep on the floor, where it faces and how well the owner maintain the place.
    Is it 3 bedder? facing river is the best in my option. Do you hear the airplane at night?

You must have car staying Rio Vista. Otherwise think twice.

Default rio

haven moved in.) just completed initial stages. the block at the tail end block of the condo. somehow prefer nature to swimming pool. can see singapore flyer too!

Default rio

Quote Originally Posted by sun
    You must have car staying Rio Vista. Otherwise think twice.
    yes. thot so too. i drive. but forgot to share that they have a ten-min shuttle service to hougang mrt during peak hr and half-hr during off-peak.

yes. thot so too. i drive. but forgot to share that they have a ten-min shuttle service to hougang mrt during peak hr and half-hr during off-peak.
    Or can cycle to hougang mrt, I estimate around 5 mins by bicycle.

can see singapore flyer from rio vista? wow!

haven moved in.) just completed initial stages. the block at the tail end block of the condo. somehow prefer nature to swimming pool. can see singapore flyer too!

Quote Originally Posted by wadexu
    Or can cycle to hougang mrt, I estimate around 5 mins by bicycle.
    You know how steep is the road when you cycle back to Rio Vista from HG mall/MRT station ?

Quote Originally Posted by sun
    You know how steep is the road when you cycle back to Rio Vista from HG mall/MRT station ?
    Is it? I was not aware of it.

I think I've viewed this unit too. Is nicely kept with view @ the flyer. If it's a 4 bedroom, I could hv taken.

I'd viewed another unit but seems like the seller is not serious is selling. keep pushing up the price after I offered... maybe trying to test the market.

Default rio

how much psf is he asking for?

Last we heard he is asking for 593 psf...

Last we heard he is asking for 593 psf...
    Is this unit u mentioned keep pushing the price? Wat size? Coz 593psf sounds ex if it's a 4-bedder ... almost a mil for that kinda-far-away place ...

2-Bedrooms (1,367 - 1,378 sqft)
    3-Bedrooms (1,572 - 1,733 sqft)
    4-Bedrooms (1,668 - 1,851 sqft)

thot should be lower end of 500s according to propertyguru ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Is this unit u mentioned keep pushing the price? Wat size? Coz 593psf sounds ex if it's a 4-bedder ... almost a mil for that kinda-far-away place ...

2-Bedrooms (1,367 - 1,378 sqft)
    3-Bedrooms (1,572 - 1,733 sqft)
    4-Bedrooms (1,668 - 1,851 sqft)

thot should be lower end of 500s according to propertyguru ...

No leh, their 4 bedrooms size is abt 1378 nia

I willing to pay only mid 500+.. perhaps 560 psf max but the asking price is so high... so now i'm looking and waiting for other condo to mature lor since we are not in the hurry mar

Interested in this development too, especially the river facing units, don't mind low floor. Like the breezy, resort-like feel of the place.

Looking at 2+1 or 3 br units, low to mid 500+psf

If anyone is selling or got lobangs, please pm me

If you can, just stay put and don't do any thing. The seller now commonly asking crazy price now. Be patient, price will be lower down when they can't find any viewer or buyer in 2-3 months time as economy still in its bad condition.

Any 3 Bedroom For Sale at Rio Vista.... Interested in Buying prefer Blk 10, 12, 14, 16 , 18 , 20 & 22... Price must be reasonable .... if any please contact me ....

Serious Buyer

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

About the Rio Vista case
    The Staits Times
    Thursday, 12 November 2009

When a couple who had been renting a unit in Rio Vista condominium in Upper Serangoon learnt that a fourth-floor unit was being sold in 2007, they offered to pay $506,000 for it.

Mr Chiranjeev Singh and his wife then gave property agent Helene Ong a cheque for 1% of the purchase price, which she banked into seller Joseph Mathew's bank account here, as instructed.

Mr Mathew was then working in India.

Four key e-mail exchanges ensued - three from Ms Ong to Mr Mathew, and one from him indicating acceptance of the deal.

But about a week later, he e-mailed Ms Ong, rejecting the offer and declining to sign the option-to-purchase form she had sent him.

Mr Mathew returned here on May 26, 2007, and went into talks with Mr Singh about the deal.

The talks failed and lawyer Boo Moh Cheh took the case to court for Mr Singh.

High Court Judge Andrew Ang ordered Mr Mathew to sign the option-to-purchase form, failing which the Supreme Court Registrar would exercise its power to sign it on his behalf.

Mr Mathew appealed to the Court of Appeal, which dismissed his suit and ordered him to pay costs.

His unit, which eventually went at the $506,000 price first agreed upon, was understood to be worth $670,000 some 15 months later.