Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspen Heights, The Regalia, Valley Park

Default Aspen Heights, The Regalia, Valley Park

A friend of mine scouting in D9/D10 asked on these 3 projects, they dont mine older condos. Any views from anyone here ???

good luck to your friend, what ever he was mining for.
    didnt know can mine condos these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    good luck to your friend, what ever he was mining for.
    didnt know can mine condos these days.
    He meant it as "mind"....

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    A friend of mine scouting in D9/D10 asked on these 3 projects, they dont mine older condos. Any views from anyone here ???
    of the 3 mentioned ...

i like Valley Park the best ...

big land ,... blocks far apart .. near eateries ...GWC ...Valley pt ...

Aspen somehow feels cramp ..i was told it was a cemetery ground before ..but i am not sure ..

Regalia .. noisy ..dusty ...

Thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    of the 3 mentioned ...

i like Valley Park the best ...

big land ,... blocks far apart .. near eateries ...GWC ...Valley pt ...

Aspen somehow feels cramp ..i was told it was a cemetery ground before ..but i am not sure ..

Regalia .. noisy ..dusty ...

Valley Park just next to HDB, many little condos congested ard there. Aspen too many units, 600+. Regalia is the better located, as good as Somerset already. Only 100+ units, refurbished modern design.

Location wise I agree The Regalia is better, but there wasn't many units transacted in the resale market, therefore not sure what is a reasonable psf price.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Valley Park just next to HDB, many little condos congested ard there. Aspen too many units, 600+. Regalia is the better located, as good as Somerset already. Only 100+ units, refurbished modern design.
    valley park has many little condos areound there ???

aer you talking about opposite side?

on valley park side .. not crowded at all .. and HDB is opposite the canal ... land size is big and the blocks are far apart from each other ..

Regalia has good location ..but its too near the road junction .. truly noisy and dusty .. i have friends living there ..all complain about dust

Valley Park has a plot of empty land in front of one block of units. When the developer decides to build (tentatively called RV Residences), it will be dusty for a few years yet.

valley park has many little condos areound there ???

aer you talking about opposite side?

on valley park side .. not crowded at all .. and HDB is opposite the canal ... land size is big and the blocks are far apart from each other ..

Regalia has good location ..but its too near the road junction .. truly noisy and dusty .. i have friends living there ..all complain about dust
    Valley Park is next to 3 room HDB, RV Suites or Residence or something, Valley Point, Melrose Park, Millpoint and those old run down apartments cum eating houses as well as Zion Rd hawker centre. Even got a church there, where the old CHIJ Kellock was. I would say it is smack in the middle of a haphazard zoning area. I will only buy at $700 psf or less, don't care what D10 or not...

I always eat at the famous Nasi Padang there and I know how screwed up the roads in the area are. Parking all along the tiny one lane roads... sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    Valley Park is next to 3 room HDB, RV Suites or Residence or something, Valley Point, Melrose Park, Millpoint and those old run down apartments cum eating houses as well as Zion Rd hawker centre. Even got a church there, where the old CHIJ Kellock was. I would say it is smack in the middle of a haphazard zoning area. I will only buy at $700 psf or less, don't care what D10 or not...

I always eat at the famous Nasi Padang there and I know how screwed up the roads in the area are. Parking all along the tiny one lane roads... sucks...
    if that is what your concern is ..
    then regalia is not any better ..

located at a junction ... noisy , dusty ..
    next to Pacific mansion...full of chickens .. oppsite side are those old condos claremont, la crystal, airview , its compound is small ...

as for valley park .. the HDB is across the canal .. hardly considered near .. all the condos your mentioned are not near ..they are all outside its wall .. valley park condo conpound is huge ..the spacing between blocks is one of the widest ...

thats definitely more expats in Valley park than regalia ...

if that is what your concern is ..
    then regalia is not any better ..

located at a junction ... noisy , dusty ..
    next to Pacific mansion...full of chickens .. oppsite side are those old condos claremont, la crystal, airview , its compound is small ...

as for valley park .. the HDB is across the canal .. hardly considered near .. all the condos your mentioned are not near ..they are all outside its wall .. valley park condo conpound is huge ..the spacing between blocks is one of the widest ...

Actually I do think that the stretch of RV Road where Cosmopolitan, Yong An Park, Morningside and Regalia feels more posh than Valley Park area. This whole stretch only got 4 condos, with Urbana the 5th one that is just opposite Regalia. I think Valley Park area really cannot compare to this area. I think all River Valley experts will agree with me. You are the first one I know who says Valley Park location is better than Regalia.

As for the Airview Towers side, it is called St Thomas Walk. That area is posh. Valley Park area really far far inferior compared to this area in terms of location and environment. Take a walk there and you will see what I mean. Airview Towers will be torn down and rebuilt. La Crystal and Claremont are at Killiney/Devonshire Roads, I know the building not very pretty but you mean to tell me that location sucks compared to Kellock Rd??? You're dreaming man.

Expats or not, Valley Park location just feels very heartlander to me leh, and the price suggests so. Too bad for you. I think i will wait until Valley Park $600 psf then I buy. Cos that's what I think it should be worth.
    Last edited by Lord Anus; 11-05-09 at 16:20.

Of course la.. no. of units at Valley Park is 4 or 5 times the Regalia's one.

BTW, Valley Park rental will have to compete with Fraser service apartments next door, and those are not that expensive you know. So if thinking of renting out Valley Park, have to position and price yourself properly.

Anyway, the expats at Valley Park not very the high crass one... many Asian expats and foreigners.

Ang moh expats are all opposite, in Nathan Rd's Regency Park.

If I die die must buy that area, I will choose Nathan Rd or Holt Rd. I won't bother with Valley Park unless very cheap.

Of course la.. no. of units at Valley Park is 4 or 5 times the Regalia's one.

BTW, Valley Park rental will have to compete with Fraser service apartments next door, and those are not that expensive you know. So if thinking of renting out Valley Park, have to position and price yourself properly.

Anyway, the expats at Valley Park not very the high crass one... many Asian expats and foreigners.

Ang moh expats are all opposite, in Nathan Rd's Regency Park.

If I die die must buy that area, I will choose Nathan Rd or Holt Rd. I won't bother with Valley Park unless very cheap.
    first of all

i dont own valley park ..

i dont understand why you said opposite regalia st thomas is high crass..

then opposite valley park , nathan road ..isnt it MORE high crass ??

the question posed was about the 3 condos mentioned ..

i gave my opinion .. about the said project .. but you start to go around it .. i never said that stretch of river valley is better or worst .. i merely said the condo has large land .. and regalia is dusty ...

i didnt say YOUR stretch is no good ..

you choose to look opposite and call it high crass but ignore the rear chicken coup ... and still comment on kellock rd ...

i never said valley park is high crass ...

pls get the text right pal ...

Actually I do think that the stretch of RV Road where Cosmopolitan, Yong An Park, Morningside and Regalia feels more posh than Valley Park area. This whole stretch only got 4 condos, with Urbana the 5th one that is just opposite Regalia. I think Valley Park area really cannot compare to this area. I think all River Valley experts will agree with me. You are the first one I know who says Valley Park location is better than Regalia.

As for the Airview Towers side, it is called St Thomas Walk. That area is posh. Valley Park area really far far inferior compared to this area in terms of location and environment. Take a walk there and you will see what I mean. Airview Towers will be torn down and rebuilt. La Crystal and Claremont are at Killiney/Devonshire Roads, I know the building not very pretty but you mean to tell me that location sucks compared to Kellock Rd??? You're dreaming man.

Expats or not, Valley Park location just feels very heartlander to me leh, and the price suggests so. Too bad for you. I think i will wait until Valley Park $600 psf then I buy. Cos that's what I think it should be worth.
    st thomas walk is not high class enuff for me..such a narrow winding road ...

leonie hill is the best ...

anyway i comment only on the project itself .. never the surrounding ..not until you start it ...

so stick with what the original thread owner asked for ,...

otherwise theres not point in having a THREAD ..

We can argue until cows come home about where is the best in River Valley. We should just let the market prices do the talking.

As of right now, Valley Park asking for only $900 psf and I believe some units at VP are asking less than that. Regalia and others in that area except Pacific Mansion still maintain its price of around $1200 psf.

I agree with you on Leonie Hill. Its location is on par with St Thomas... although I believe St Thomas properties are asking for higher prices than Leonie Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Location wise I agree The Regalia is better, but there wasn't many units transacted in the resale market, therefore not sure what is a reasonable psf price.

Regalia is at road junction and the build quality is pathetic

same for MorningSide etc

they are all rubbish

Valley Park has a lot of Singaporeans apparently residing in the US, and wanting to sell at any price (above their costs) and wishing to capture the low end of the market..go look for the best agent for the project Kelvin...a lot of decently priced units

Urbana is OK, but who wants to sell Just keep it

Aspen Heights, Regalia and Morningside have been renovated and refurbished, I don't think they are rubbish. I agree that these 3 are located better than Valley Park. I think Valley Park is the newest of the lot but it hasn't been renovated.

Aspen Heights has units of all sizes and bedrooms. Morningside has onky 3 and 4 bedders and they are quite big, about 2400 square feet. Valley Park has affordable sizes for 3 bedrooms, not too big not too small. Not sure about regalia.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    Regalia is at road junction and the build quality is pathetic

same for MorningSide etc

they are all rubbish

Valley Park has a lot of Singaporeans apparently residing in the US, and wanting to sell at any price (above their costs) and wishing to capture the low end of the market..go look for the best agent for the project Kelvin...a lot of decently priced units

Urbana is OK, but who wants to sell Just keep it
    hi
    are you sure about owners wanting to sell at any price ?

i have been looking for it ..but havent really seen any real seller ...

hi

dont sian me lah
    are you sure u even hunted at Valley Park
    all big projects always got buyers and sellers
    some irrationally priced even
    I did not say "sell at any price" I qualified it as need cash to pay elsewhere
    if people got one two units of course they beauty parade for best price
    dont simply place into my mouth

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Aspen Heights condo resale price hits $1,450 psf
    The Edge
    Monday, 25 January 2010

Aspen Heights

Aspen Heights may be 11 years old, but the massive 606-unit condominium located along River Valley Road has been enjoying a resurgence of interest from homebuyers, riding on strong sales of new developments nearby. After only 15 transactions hovering at the $1,000 psf level in the first half of 2009, more than 30 units have changed hands in 2H2009, with prices surging past $1,400 psf. For the period Dec 23 to 31, there were three caveats for units sold at $1,250 to $1,450 psf, according to URA Realis.

After the onset of the financial crisis in late 2008, prices at Aspen Heights sank below $1,000 psf for about half a year, before rebounding strongly in June 2009 with the rest of the market. The main reason for the upturn could be the strong sales of nearby developments, including The Wharf Residence and Martin Place Residences, which were among the top sellers last year.

The 2 upper-mid-tier projects were relaunched in mid-May last year at prices that were 20% lower than in early 2008. For instance, in mid-May last year, CapitaLand had priced the remaining units at the 173-unit The Wharf Residence on Tong Watt Road off River Valley Road at $1,200 to $1,500 psf, compared with $1,500 to $1,900 psf for the first phase released at previews in mid-2008. Meanwhile, Frasers Centrepoint Ltd also relaunched Martin Place Residences at Martin Place off Kim Yam Road at $1,260 to $1,700 psf, compared with its soft launch in early 2008, when 28 units were sold between $1,700 and $2,000 psf.

Since last May, however, prices of both projects have enjoyed an uplift. Last October, a high of $1,496 psf was achieved in a new sale by the developer when a 2,206 sq ft unit at The Wharf Residence was sold for $3.3 million. The condo is expected to be completed in 2013.

Likewise, at the 302-unit Martin Place Residence, sales have picked up since May. Last month, a 1,044 sq ft unit was sold for $1.88 million, or $1,800 psf, in a sub-sale according to a Dec 2 caveat. This is a 13.7% gain for the original owner, who purchased the unit from Frasers Centrepoint Homes and sold it in just six months.

The buoyant demand for homes in the River Valley Road area could also have been sparked by the new shopping centres that opened along Orchard Road last year: ION Orchard, Orchard Central, 313@Somerset and Triple One Somerset (at the former Singapore Power Building site). Easy access to a range of good schools like River Valley Primary School and Singapore Management University as well as cafés and restaurants in the Robertson Quay area continue to reel in families with school-going children as well as investors.

New developments under construction have also drawn buyer interest to existing developments in the River Valley and Mohamed Sultan neighbourhood. The largest project in the area is easily Aspen Heights, developed by the former DBS Land (now part of CapitaLand). Units range from 882 sqft 2-bedroom apartments to 1,604 sqft for 4-bedrooms, while penthouses measure 2,691 to 3,143 sqft.

With prices recovering to 2007 levels, it’s also a good time for owners looking to sell their properties. According to a Dec 30 caveat, a 1,324 sqft unit on the fifth floor of block 263 (one of two blocks) changed hands for $1.67 million, or $1,260 psf, translating into a 23% gain for the seller, who purchased the unit in early 2007.

On the 10th floor of the neighbouring block 261, a 2,691 sqft penthouse fetched $3.9 million, or $1,450 psf. That’s a 19% gain for the seller, who purchased the unit for $3.28 million 3 years ago, according to a March 2007 caveat.

With renewed investor interest in projects in Orchard Road and investors targeting both older projects and new launches, it won’t be surprising to see resale prices at Aspen Heights returning to or even surpassing mid-2007 levels.

Default $600?

Expats or not, Valley Park location just feels very heartlander to me leh, and the price suggests so. Too bad for you. I think i will w ait until Valley Park $600 psf then I buy. Cos that's what I think it should be worth.
    Well I am aware that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but at $600psf at D10? Then I believe the world's economy is crashing again...

I think the location of the new MRT station (upcoming TSL in 2018) at Kim Seng (probably near GWC) will give a strong boost to the prices of Valley Park and all condos around the vicinity. It wouldn't be too long that this stretch of River Valley, which has been regarded as inferior, will be at least on par to those nearer to Mhd Sultan, considering that Mhd Sultan has seen much better days.

2007 hold till now .. managed to create a new psf record for this CCR condo, with rental, probably return about 6% nett

2012-12-10 #XX-XX 883 1,699psf 2007-08-08 1,371psf $289,624 1,951 4.1%
    Ride at your own risk !!!

hi

Bought a 1216sq ft at 1108psf on 15Aug 2009.I flew in same day,agent picked me up from the airport,view a few units at D10 and i chose valley park.Close to amenities,resort feeling,is convenient yet away from the crowd.My unit is facing canal,very relax watching the water flow.HDB is over the other side of the canal,so damn far away.Although i didnt get the low price at 900psf as a forumner said during then,i beleive diff facing unit command diff price.If i think too much then,i would have missed the boat.My neighbour sold his canal facing unit at $1603psf recently.Rental at 4+,is consistent althogh people may said is nothing great.

Quote Originally Posted by supermax
    Bought a 1216sq ft at 1108psf on 15Aug 2009.I flew in same day,agent picked me up from the airport,view a few units at D10 and i chose valley park.Close to amenities,resort feeling,is convenient yet away from the crowd.My unit is facing canal,very relax watching the water flow.HDB is over the other side of the canal,so damn far away.Although i didnt get the low price at 900psf as a forumner said during then,i beleive diff facing unit command diff price.If i think too much then,i would have missed the boat.My neighbour sold his canal facing unit at $1603psf recently.Rental at 4+,is consistent althogh people may said is nothing great.
    The price you bought at? Is as good as getting free money from the seller. right now,OCR private condo in Pungool and Tampines already well over S$1108 psf!

You are so lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Aspen Heights condo resale price hits $1,450 psf
    The Edge
    Monday, 25 January 2010

Aspen Heights

Aspen Heights may be 11 years old, but the massive 606-unit condominium located along River Valley Road has been enjoying a resurgence of interest from homebuyers, riding on strong sales of new developments nearby. After only 15 transactions hovering at the $1,000 psf level in the first half of 2009, more than 30 units have changed hands in 2H2009, with prices surging past $1,400 psf. For the period Dec 23 to 31, there were three caveats for units sold at $1,250 to $1,450 psf, according to URA Realis.

GUNIANG SELLERS !

Any project that is selling below S$2000psf along or near the river is very attractive. Note that when you sell anything in this area, you are not selling just a residential apartment but you actually sold with it the potential RIGHTS of the project being earmarked by developers to re-develop as a hotel.

All projects here are hotel calibre !

there are many happening here. including river taxi that will make the connection between Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage and Robertson Quay.

last year I told brothers here that the center of power had shifted from Orchard to the River or Marina Bay. I was laughed at. Now see what the newspaper are saying?

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    GUNIANG SELLERS !

Any project that is selling below S$2000psf along or near the river is very attractive. Note that when you sell anything in this area, you are not selling just a residential apartment but you actually sold with it the potential RIGHTS of the project being earmarked by developers to re-develop as a hotel.

All projects here are hotel calibre !

there are many happening here. including river taxi that will make the connection between Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage and Robertson Quay.

last year I told brothers here that the center of power had shifted from Orchard to the River or Marina Bay. I was laughed at. Now see what the newspaper are saying?

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

GUNIANG sellers! Come March 2013, YOU shall REGRET AND spend the rest of your sleepless nights wetting your pillows with your TEARS!!

With the potential for enbloc, freehold and huge plot size, ASPEN HEIGHT is easily worth S$2000psf minimum!

I shall tell you why later !!!

TO BE CONTINUED

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    GUNIANG sellers! Come March 2013, YOU shall REGRET AND spend the rest of your sleepless nights wetting your pillows with your TEARS!!

With the potential for enbloc, freehold and huge plot size, ASPEN HEIGHT is easily worth S$2000psf minimum!

I shall tell you why later !!!

TO BE CONTINUED

GUNIANGS !

I ONLY NEED TO TELL YOU ONE SINGLE REASON FOR ASPEN HEIGHT WHY IT IS WORTH MORE THAN S$2000psf.

1) IT IS ON THE HILLTOP. HOW MANY CCR HILLTOP PROJECTS IN SINGAPORE? SINGAPORE IS A GENERALLY FLAT LAND.

GUNIANGS ! AND I HAVE NOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU THE REST OF THE 9 REASONS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpSxYqQoOc