Thread: looking for condo in north

Default looking for condo in north

hello ...
    any recommendations for condo in north (woodlands, sembawang, yishun) areas ? I am looking for 3 bedroom type, max 700K. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley
    hello ...
    any recommendations for condo in north (woodlands, sembawang, yishun) areas ? I am looking for 3 bedroom type, max 700K. Thanks.
    Many..... EC Lilydale (penthouse or ground unit done at 737k only), Northoaks (can try penthouse) and Woodsvale, Seletaris is FH and Yishun Emerald, Sapphire, ask a agent to help u. Go to ura website and do a listing by District 27

Smile

Yes, many. NorthOaks is one good choice. Nice facilities, pool is big, slide for children

Which condo in the North is still considered value for money? Regardless of whether freehold, leasehold, Woodlands, Yishun etc etc.

Generally I noted that prices in North has also moved up quite a bit...but am still keen to get a house in North due to kids childcare arrangement and school...

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Which condo in the North is still considered value for money? Regardless of whether freehold, leasehold, Woodlands, Yishun etc etc.

Generally I noted that prices in North has also moved up quite a bit...but am still keen to get a house in North due to kids childcare arrangement and school...
    Personally i find Seletaris a nice, quite resort style. It is FH but not so convenient though they do provide bus service to Yishun MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley
    hello ...
    I would like to recommend Rosewood Condo. The reasons are

a. Location - It is closest to civic centre, causeway point and MRT compared to slightly newer development like Casa and Rosewood suites
    b. Closeness to amemnities. Coffee shop, mini mart, childcare centre, clinic just downstairs (1-2 min walk); library at civic centre just 5 min walk
    c. Closeness to good and plentiful number of enrichment centres for children in civic centre and causeway point.
    d. Good quality condo - Full marble for living and bathrooms. I do not think you can find this in other development in the north like the ECs, casa or rosewood suites
    e. Good facilities which include a karaoke room although the pool is not very big. I was also told that tennis courts are hardly used
    f. Good rental potential as it is close to singapore american school.
    g. Windy development especially for those that face casa.

However, this is just a leasehold, TOP i think in Jan 2004. As a development, it is also smaller (400 plus units) compared to Northoaks or Woodsvale (700 units) and therefore, the site area is also correspondingly smaller. I

Personally, I am also currently living in woodlands and is also monitoring the price at rosewood but price is still steady currently at about 650k to 690k. I would recommend those units that face casa... more windy (I think).

Casa recently has a third floor unit sold at $695k and that may translate into higher prices for rosewood and casa in the near future especially for higher floor units.

However, if you like living in a serene and quiet environment (but with lesser amenities), Selataris or Northwood may be worth considering though you may need to stretch your budget beyond $700k. And if you like something new, wait for the estuary at yishun.

Good luck.

I have been watching Northwood and the prices is currently a bit out of reach or rather I do not want to commit that much.

Seletaris - I am starting to consider this though again price has move quite a fair bit too.

I will look at Rosewood......

I have been watching Northwood and the prices is currently a bit out of reach or rather I do not want to commit that much.

Seletaris - I am starting to consider this though again price has move quite a fair bit too.

I will look at Rosewood......
    forget rosewood ...LH .. and only reason why the price is up is becos of rental to some americans ..who send their kids to american school

Seletaris is nice and i think its still cheap ...

theres another FH behind sembawang shopping centre .. very nice and quiet yet near amenities ... but i cant remember its name ...

thats whole area has rental demand also ..but from some expats working in Naval base

Freehold behind Sembawang Shopping Centre? Are you talking about D'Banyan? This one quite standalone in a quite undeveloped land hahaha with a equally ulu coffee shop (with only a zichar place).

Okay here's the discussion on leasehold ve freehold again. I am buying for self stay, at least for the next 10 years cause my girls school is in Yishun and I will only consider moving after they complete their primary school....

So with that in mind, leasehold or freehold?

Kurby

I would suggest that you wait a while since price is already so high, it will be higher until the completion of IR and then things should 'normalise' 1 to 2 years therafter. My views.... That is if you can wait for about 3 years or more. If in a hurry, please go ahead at own risk.

Anyway you will be spoit for choice as there are quite a few land parcels released/shall be released for Sale in Yishun..

1. EC next to Lilydale
    2. EC next to Yishun Emerald
    3. Low Rise next to Sembawang Shopping Center (better choice)
    4. Low Rise next to The Shaugnessy (better choice)
    5. More land released next year due to the completion of the KTP Hospital?

Above all 99 leasehold.

wow 3 years is a long time to wait.....right now I am trying to track the prices of those that I am interested in and if any dip in price happens like in early 2009, then I may enter the market.

I believe for staying of 10 years, I will see the next upturn in property market, so I do not really need to buy at the lowest price.

3. Low Rise next to Sembawang Shopping Center (better choice)

This one was put up for sales for the longest time with no takers...and I wonder why? I agree location wise is quite good.

Sure thing... if you not pandan, ghost month is the best pricing.

You might want to wait for durian to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    2. EC next to Yishun Emerald
    yea if u want it cheap, plenty of unsold units in Yishun Emerald/Saphire itself. Cost no more than some HDB.

Really? Unsold units?

Can still buy from developer?

Really? Unsold units?

Can still buy from developer?
    From studying the price movements, it seems that Dec to Feb may be the best time to buy. Cos many people will be busy celebrating the festivals and buying activity will come down... therefore, this is the best time to get a good bargain, ie, buyers may just accept your offer which is 20-50k below their asking... the above is just my view... good luck.

This one is cheap for a few reasons, find out on your own. The one beside it is also cheap.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...FY0vpAodczqhJA

http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/a...&mid=12385&new=

Can always check with the developer.. google for project details and call, just a call and solve all your queries. You will be surprised. Orchid Park condo by Far East is a good example. You could consider that project as it is also reasonably priced. Just that it was cheaper in First Quarter and Second Quarter of 09.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    yea if u want it cheap, plenty of unsold units in Yishun Emerald/Saphire itself. Cost no more than some HDB.
    Yishun Sapphire
    Address ................................ psf .............. Area ............ Price ............ Contract Date
    46 Canberra Drive #05-10 .... $523 psf ..... 1,023 sqft .... $535,000 ....... 9 Nov 09
    46 Canberra Drive #02-11 .... $540 psf ..... 1,033 sqft .... $558,000 ...... 15 Oct 09
    50 Canberra Drive #01-19 .... $540 psf ..... 1,518 sqft .... $820,000 .... 14 Oct 09
    42 Canberra Drive #06-08 .... $473 psf ..... 1,206 sqft .... $570,000 ..... 17 Sep 09
    48 Canberra Drive #15-13 .... $568 psf .... 1,163 sqft .... $660,000 ....... 3 Sep 09
    52 Canberra Drive #12-22 .... $545 psf ..... 1,184 sqft .... $644,000 ....... 2 Sep 09

Yishun Emerald
    Address ................................ psf .............. Area ............ Price ............ Contract Date
    22 Canberra Drive #09-08 .... $535 psf ..... 1,206 sqft .... $645,000 ...... 16 Nov 09
    26 Canberra Drive #16-15 .... $503 psf ..... 1,432 sqft .... $720,000 ....... 9 Oct 09
    32 Canberra Drive #04-25 .... $510 psf ..... 1,206 sqft .... $615,000 ...... 24 Sep 09
    24 Canberra Drive #13-09 .... $565 psf .... 1,001 sqft .... $566,000 ........ 9 Sep 09

Yishun Sapphire and Emerald are similar in design. Almost cannot tell the difference as the lifts look identical (One had seahorse and the other had another sea creature on the floor)

Both close to MRT track but far from MRT station (Don't laugh as who can tell that future NS12 MRT station may be built near them when the opposite industrial parks had been fully developed), have shuttle bus to Yishun MRT.

Sapphire is too close to the MRT tracks...this is the first time I saw a MRT track run INSIDE the compound of the condo....strange...

Sapphire is too close to the MRT tracks...this is the first time I saw a MRT track run INSIDE the compound of the condo....strange...
    so is Metropolitan at redhill ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    so is Metropolitan at redhill ...
    The only difference is that Metro is close to MRT track and MRT, but sapphire is close to track but not to MRT!

many years back in 2000, there was rumor that the plot of land in front of sapphire and emerald is for the NS12 mrt station, but it appears not to be true as I believe the plot is currently under URA reserve list as a condo site.

Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    The only difference is that Metro is close to MRT track and MRT, but sapphire is close to track but not to MRT!

many years back in 2000, there was rumor that the plot of land in front of sapphire and emerald is for the NS12 mrt station, but it appears not to be true as I believe the plot is currently under URA reserve list as a condo site.
    yep

but what is similar is a portion of the track runs over the compound of Metropolitan too ...

Sigh! It seems that prices are slowly creeping up again for condos here. I just noted that Casa has 2 recent transactions at $695k (low floor) and $740k (high floor) and has surpassed $600 psf. Rosewood's prices are also moving up, though slower, at between $550-$600 psf. Don't understand why this is happening even with this economic climate, and with Mah BT intervention! Perhaps, there is really latent demand in the far north and there has been no real major projects for a loong loong time. With Estuary going to be launched at around $750 psf, prices up north should persist at least at current levels. And the EC site and sembawang sites are not going to help much as these sites are either for low rise condos, or at ulu locations. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    Sigh! It seems that prices are slowly creeping up again for condos here...
    what's wrong with that bro ? we should have long term asset appreciation mah ...
    btw I think the MCL yishun project will be at least 8xx

Developer will decide on the launch price in relation to the previaling market sentiments/market price. $7xx was in early 2009, $8xx in late 2009. At this rate, the prices are going to go higher and higher. IR up, ruling party won the election, GDP positive, unemployment low etc.

Yishun has potential... after the KTP hospital is completed, the central shall be next to be developed into an integrated bus interchange similar to Toa Payoh Concept. Next will be the surrounding areas near to KTP hospital, e.g. supporting services for the hospital, professional schools etc. Price likely to be $1000 psf and above for yishun condo (lagging after AMK condos by 10% to 20% in time to come - my views).

If you want them cheap. anywhere in Singaproe, you must wait for a major financial crisis to happen again, such as the worst recession in Singapore brought upon by the Global Financial Crisis. Otherwise, the only crisis in Singapore to expect is war or political unstablity. If you must buy, I suggest that you Buy because of need and not want now. If there is a need, you will have to swallow the price

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    If you want them cheap. anywhere in Singaproe, you must wait for a major financial crisis to happen again, such as the worst recession in Singapore brought upon by the Global Financial Crisis. Otherwise, the only crisis in Singapore to expect is war or political unstablity. If you must buy, I suggest that you Buy because of need and not want now. If there is a need, you will have to swallow the price
    Thanks Condorich. Asian Financial Crisis (e.g. 1997 period) tends to affect the Singapore property market more than the Global Financial Crisis (e.g. 2009)? Also, besides war or political unstability, how about epidemic? Of course depends on seriousness, SARS more deadly than H1N1 (which seems to have no effect on the property market)?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, 4 weeks ago
    Yishun Sapphire
    Address ........................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ........... Contract Date
    46 Canberra Drive #05-10 .... $523 psf ..... 1,023 sqft .... $535,000 ....... 9 Nov 09
    46 Canberra Drive #02-11 .... $540 psf ..... 1,033 sqft .... $558,000 ...... 15 Oct 09
    50 Canberra Drive #01-19 .... $540 psf ..... 1,518 sqft .... $820,000 .... 14 Oct 09
    42 Canberra Drive #06-08 .... $473 psf ..... 1,206 sqft .... $570,000 ...... 17 Sep 09
    48 Canberra Drive #15-13 .... $568 psf .... 1,163 sqft .... $660,000 ....... 3 Sep 09
    52 Canberra Drive #12-22 .... $545 psf ..... 1,184 sqft .... $644,000 ....... 2 Sep 09

Yishun Sapphire's resale has a new high at $569 psf.

Yishun Sapphire
    Address ............................. psf ............. Area ........... Price ........... Contract Date
    52 Canberra Drive #08-21 ...... $569 psf ..... 1,195 sqft .... $680,000 ..... 11 Dec 09

What a pair of condos!
    Both set nëw hïghs of $592 psf and $566 psf respectively!
    Can going-8-year-old Sapphire break $600 psf soon?

Yishun Sapphire
    Address .......................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
    42 Canberra Drive #07-07 .... $592 psf .... 1,023 sqft .... $605,000 .... 30 Dec 09

Yishun Emerald
    Address .......................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
    22 Canberra Drive #10-08 .... $566 psf .... 1,184 sqft .... $670,000 .... 28 Dec 09

FYI: YS 42#07stack 2 bedrm / Right beside mrt track....

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, 11 February 2010 1.00 pm
    What a pair of condos!
    Sapphire and Emerald set nëw hïghs of $592 psf and $566 psf respectively!
    Can going-8-year-old Sapphire break $600 psf soon?

I regretted asking "can going-8-year-old Sapphire break $600 psf soon" on 11 February 2010. My question was answered 2 weeks later.

Anyway, what a pair of going-8-year-old condos!
    Emerald and Sapphire set nëw hïghs of $632 psf and $628 psf respectively!

Yishun Emerald
    22 Canberra Drive #12-06 .... $632 psf .... 1,001 sqft .... $633,000 .... 1 Feb 10

Yishun Sapphire
    50 Canberra Drive #14-17 .... $628 psf .... 1,163 sqft .... $730,000 .... 29 Jan 10