Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hill View Regency

so it is low ball to criticise condos and high ball to criticise people and calling them bastard? Hmm, where did u receive ur high ball education?
    Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    Hi yowetan

Dun bother to ask this low baller where he stay, he classified himself as a luxury condo owner and goes around to condemn other projects that includes Caspian and The Centris in the West.

Lets just dun bother about such a low-baller here, its really a waste of time talking to such a B@st@rd around here.

couldnt agree more with you. dont waste time on ppl who is NOT worth it

quote=kongming]Hi yowetan

Dun bother to ask this low baller where he stay, he classified himself as a luxury condo owner and goes around to condemn other projects that includes Caspian and The Centris in the West.

Lets just dun bother about such a low-baller here, its really a waste of time talking to such a B@st@rd around here.[/quote]

wow the on the ball high ball guard has moved out of OSM to change guard duty to this condo
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild
    couldnt agree more with you. dont waste time on ppl who is NOT worth it

quote=kongming]Hi yowetan

Lets just dun bother about such a low-baller here, its really a waste of time talking to such a B@st@rd around here.
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    wow the on the ball high ball guard has moved out of OSM to change guard duty to this condo
    [/quote]

THE FEMALE GUARDHOUSE CHIEF IS OUT IN FULL FORCE!!!!

...............[/quote]

I beg to differ.

HR is really nice. Visited my friend 's condo cant hear sound from above leh.

So many facilities. Dun think it is poorly done. I have seen worse. This is a beautiful condo just that not near mrt.

Of course CDL projects quite good but locations really not ideal too. As always not all units are done the same...there are defects always.

Someone mentioned lakeshore 's carparks as want to vomit? Maybe he likes smelly basement carparks that flood when rains. I personally rather like an airy carparks.

try walking to the multistorey carpark in the heavy rain....try living under a family with kids....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    I beg to differ.

So many facilities. Dun think it is poorly done. I have seen worse. This is a beautiful condo just that not near mrt.

Of course CDL projects quite good but locations really not ideal too. As always not all units are done the same...there are defects always.

Someone mentioned lakeshore 's carparks as want to vomit? Maybe he likes smelly basement carparks that flood when rains. I personally rather like an airy carparks.

For lakeshore carparks are underneath the towers. Every carpark levels have a lft to take you to your residential unit. No rain or shine.

Far East Project quality.... been hearing about them from all over.. not sure if it means good or bad as I should not be saying anything about their workmanship here.

Next is location and design...

But at least you managed to sell it off.... happy for you. Developer still stuck with unoccupied units.

Some of the comments mentioned are typical issues for 99 year old lease condo... such as waiting for it to be constructed. Common problem unless its FH or 999. I would not consider HR.... buy and live with regret for some... but lucky few do manage to get out. You forget to mention about the entrance and exit to the development.. two weird yellow boxes and accident prone. Ask the guards for their feedback. Think its something to do with blind spot.

Basement carparks are much better choice over multi storey car park. I would say some HDB's are better designed and have a better view.. and they come cheap also.. That's why I would recommend first time owners to buy and stay at HDB. Move up when you have more cash and CPF. Unless you are already rich... do away with HDB altogether.

If for investment, anything goes as long as it can make money. It depends on your risk appetite and the upside potential of the project. Which means stay clear from over-priced projects. Pedigree horses don't win the race all the time and non-pedigree do get their glory days too. Just harder for them.

Best of luck with your new house(horse)..

Quote Originally Posted by cybertaz
    Just sharing my experience as an ex-owner of HR. First of all, the construction took 4 years+ (i'm one of the early suckers who purchased in 2001 blindly) which was a frustrating wait. Given that the 99 leasehold starts from 2000, I've lost 5 years of the lease... Well, the frustration didn't end after i collected my keys:

1. Parking - oh my, I live in the block (2B) farthest away from the multi storey and I was drenched many times trying to walk to my block because no proper shelter! My previous HDB multistorey carpark has way better sheltered link to the lift lobby! Parking at 2B is impossible if you come home after 8pm. Simply too many cases, too little lots. Did I mention my car was vandalised twice at HR?

2. Lift lobby of block 2B. They retrofitted a automated door to the lift lobby and airconditioned it.... Either the human traffic of that lobby is really high or the quality of the door/aircon was so bad that these 2 broke down >50% of the time ... sigh. It didn't look like a brand new condo at all at that time.

3. Cockroaches and ants. I've lived in HDB prior to HR and have my fair share of creepy crawlies but the sighting of roaches in my unit and at the lift lobby was unacceptable, even for HDB standards. This gets really unsightly when the pest control comes in. Wow... like a mine field littered with dead roaches. I wish I took a pic to show you here.

4. Rubbish chute. Poor design because the chute column is too narrow hence the ledge of my chute was so dirty! Not to mention the seeing roaches at my chute is almost a guaranteed event everytime I opened it. I have no problems with my HDB chute. The sides of my chute was leaking some brownish water and got FEO to rectify it. They came, fixed it but the problem returned after a month ... gave up.

5. Aircon duct (inside the house). Within 24 months of living in my brand new HR condo, there were leaks at parts of the aircon duct. You can see the condensation at some part of the walls that are concealing the ducts. Guess what? My aircon was totally leaked out of "aircon gas" very soon after.

6. Toilet bowl. Once again the quality of the fittings is in question. My toilet bowl flush is not working as it should by the 15th month. I have to manually open the toilet cover and flush it from the lever inside. After a few weeks, I got it fixed with $35 poorer. My HDB toilet lasted way longer than that.

7. Frame of main door. I don't know it was not solid wood. The top layer is actually a cover, like a laminate layer, nailed to the wall, giving it a frame look. How did I know this? The "frame" layer fell out! Wow... that was the last straw.

I sold it on the 25th month and happily living in a rental HDB ever since. I expect my next property from CDL to give me a decent quality home. Maybe I'm just unlucky to experience the above. Anyone can attest to my testimony? ; )

Goodluck guys.

<deleted> .
    Last edited by Condorich; 27-07-09 at 12:16.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    I beg to differ.

Flood in the carpark?
    I've never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Flash floods in Bukit Timah
    The Straits Times
    Thursday, 19 November 2009, 3.46 pm

Heavy downpours caused flash floods in the Upper Bukit Timah areas, with waters reaching knee-high in some places.

Traffic snarled along Upper Bukit Timah and Dunean Roads as cars slowed to a crawl to get through the flood waters.

Motorists said the Bukit Timah canal was overflowing, causing waters to rise to knee-high level in some areas.

Students who had sat for their A Level exams were stuck at bus-stops and in schools.

According to Stomper Martin, the flooding caused a major traffic jam on Bukit Timah and Dunearn Road sometime between 1 pm and 2.30pm.

He said he was stuck in his office at Sime Darby Centre during the heavy downpour and was late for a meeting because of it.

Singapore's weatherman has forecast that the wet spell will continue till January and flash floods are expected in low-lying and flood-prone areas including Chinatown, the Central Business District, Geylang, Lorong Buangkok and Tanjong Katong.

PUB, the national water agency, has said that heavy rain brought on by the north-east monsoon could coincide with 3m- to 3.2m-high tides, triggering flash floods over the next few months.

To quell the effects of the stormy spell, PUB has invested $59 million over the last 12 months to widen and deepen drainage networks, as well as raise the roads in 10 low-lying areas such as Cuscaden Road, Mountbatten Road and Commonwealth Avenue.

Since last month, the agency has advised 204 residents and businesses to store belongings on elevated ground and place sandbags at entrances to block flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Flood in the carpark?
    I've never heard of.
    Correction!
    I just heard a carpark was flooded in the news.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Correction!
    I just heard a carpark was flooded in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Where?
    ... quite a few carparks ... Tessarina condo, 6th Avenue Centre, etc. ...

I was told by property agent in the past about D21, where the property pricing can be matched with D11 now, about the flooded issue at Bukit Timah Road when it can be hit by heavy rain. Seems that his statement is true. With global climate changes recently, it is better to avoid those flooded areas

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The stretch of Bukit Timah Road from Adam Road junction to Ngee Ann Poly is famous for serious flooding during heavy rains in the 1980s. After a massive drainage construction which took a very long period of time, it has disappeared but I didn't expect it to happen again! So, better beware!

Quote Originally Posted by HCL
    I was told by property agent in the past about D21, where the property pricing can be matched with D11 now, about the flooded issue at Bukit Timah Road when it can be hit by heavy rain. Seems that his statement is true. With global climate changes recently, it is better to avoid those flooded areas

It is confirmed Tessarina condo basement car part is still flooded. The residents have to part their car at road side.