Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

i have frens who sold their only condo and rented, hoping for market to crash. however prices kept gg up and they bot at higher prices after paying so much rent.

rental yield will not matter since you will be staying in the hdb if you cash out of the condo.

from the recent measures, it's quite clear garmen is interested only in controlling hdb prices. so minimal upside left, in my opinion.

nobody knows for sure how the market will turn out, but personally i cannot see how condo prices can drop 40% now that we're gunning for 6.5mio population. but if it really does, i will be interested to hoot one marina bay residence unit then.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    HDB will fetch much more higher return than condo, easily 5-6%. By the current policy the worst, once you cash out your HDB flat, you can't buy any more, unless you sell off your private property.

The increase range for HDB is only around 150K? so it will not drop much. but for prative property is different - it can rise to 900K+ for 3 bedder, can drop to 600K+ also.

i have frens who sold their only condo and rented, hoping for market to crash. however prices kept gg up and they bot at higher prices after paying so much rent.

rental yield will not matter since you will be staying in the hdb if you cash out of the condo.

from the recent measures, it's quite clear garmen is interested only in controlling hdb prices. so minimal upside left, in my opinion.

nobody knows for sure how the market will turn out, but personally i cannot see how condo prices can drop 40% now that we're gunning for 6.5mio population. but if it really does, i will be interested to hoot one marina bay residence unit then.

HDB will fetch much more higher return than condo, easily 5-6%. By the current policy the worst, once you cash out your HDB flat, you can't buy any more, unless you sell off your private property.

The increase range for HDB is only around 150K? so it will not drop much. but for prative property is different - it can rise to 900K+ for 3 bedder, can drop to 600K+ also.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon

Just visited a friend staying @The Sail.... the project is really not worth the hype and the big $ for investors. Not sure about Marian Bay residence, but just look at the tall buildings surrounding it.....

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    I guess may 1 or 2 blks of the 4 bedders would have the full reservoir view
    Wonder how are they laying out the 12 blks. It will be a real challenge to we'll if some of the blocks are facing the quarry and near the junction.
    Actually with this WaterView project, those living in the high floors of blk 63, 65 would be quieter than now...good for Tropica.
    Not sure if they would retain the small little hill (behind blk 63) as their their "Theme Garden"...
    would be really nice leh if this is the case, it is a nice spot for "theme garden".....

Actually, not very noisy for us staying in these blocks coz bedroom windows are not facing the high way (only maid's room and maids toilet).

Just sad to say good bye to the beautiful quarry view in near future when stepping out of the lift. But heard feng shui wise, it is good to have a taller building behind own building, so called "fronting water and with hills/buildings on the back"? so I guess, it is good after all.
    Last edited by okko; 28-10-10 at 00:18.

been gunning for 6.5 mio since 2005 ... so its nothing new really

Bingo! I also have friends make the wrong flip-flop decision. Sold at the end of 2008 when the market just crashed, rent a place to stay hoping to buy back when price dips further. wait for a year or so, in the end bought back at beginning of this year... the rest is history. purchase price loss + rental loss, really painful.

But for those who are loaded and have holding power, the timing is not much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    Bingo! I also have friends make the wrong flip-flop decision. Sold at the end of 2008 when the market just crashed, rent a place to stay hoping to buy back when price dips further. wait for a year or so, in the end bought back at beginning of this year... the rest is history. purchase price loss + rental loss, really painful.

But for those who are loaded and have holding power, the timing is not much of an issue.

property game is for those who can afford MORE THAN 1 property ..

1 for own stay, the other (s) for 'playing' ...

never gamble with the only roof you have ..

population during 97 financial crisis was 3.8mio, and took 10 years to grow to 4.5mio in 2007. 700k increase in 10 years, or roughly 70k per year.

now we're at 5.08mio, up by 580k in less than 3 years, after the ambitious target of 6.5mio was unveiled on Feb 2007, with 80k more slated to join us after 'stringent evaluation' next year.

it doesn't matter whether it's new or old. it's the rate of increase that matters. i prefer sg to be less crowded, but if the grand plan is to increase the density to achieve critical mass, we'll just have to live w it, and plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    been gunning for 6.5 mio since 2005 ... so its nothing new really

Hi all, anyone has any update on Opennet with Tropica? how come I called on opennet and they said our project's installation has been completed in their email reply and I missed the free installation period some more, while I checked with the management office and THEIR WEBSITE, it says it is not yet started and pending management's approval to carry out???

anyone has the so called terminal-box installed already? I need to get it done together with the reno leh.

The Opennet installation is based on postal code. Some blocks in Tropica have the installation done while the others are in progress. I also missed the free installation period for my block and my reno almost over already.
    Still in two minds whether to pay and go for it or delay the opennet installation as not sure of the reno damage due to this installation.

Hi all, anyone has any update on Opennet with Tropica? how come I called on opennet and they said our project's installation has been completed in their email reply and I missed the free installation period some more, while I checked with the management office and THEIR WEBSITE, it says it is not yet started and pending management's approval to carry out???

anyone has the so called terminal-box installed already? I need to get it done together with the reno leh.

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    The Opennet installation is based on postal code. Some blocks in Tropica have the installation done while the others are in progress. I also missed the free installation period for my block and my reno almost over already.
    Still in two minds whether to pay and go for it or delay the opennet installation as not sure of the reno damage due to this installation.
    haiz.....thank you for sharing. if this is the case, need to pay to get it done as soon as possible before reno finishes... to minimize the possible damage... checked with my ID, saying the "damage" depends on where you want to install the box and how to wire....

But if you double check your postal code on the opennet website under "coverage check", you can see all Tropica blocks are tagged with red "coming soon" label, saying pending management's consensus... if what you said is true, then the info on its website is wrong in this case...

i tink your id is same as bro srm's id.

i'm eagerly waiting for pixs of on stan's blog.

haiz.....thank you for sharing. if this is the case, need to pay to get it done as soon as possible before reno finishes... to minimize the possible damage... checked with my ID, saying the "damage" depends on where you want to install the box and how to wire....

But if you double check your postal code on the opennet website under "coverage check", you can see all Tropica blocks are tagged with red "coming soon" label, saying pending management's consensus... if what you said is true, then the info on its website is wrong in this case...

Bro, did you reach out to Opennet already. When I called them, they mentioned minimum waiting time is 3 weeks.
    They also mentioned that running the wiring through false wall or ceiling etc is not their responsibility. They just do the cabling with connectivity and casing.

Thinking of giving it a miss.

Yes Bro. Some of my things still havent come yet. Will post the pics as soon as its done. Am excited to see the final result with everything in place .

Did you get the Opennet installed in your place. Any idea hows the damage like.

i tink your id is same as bro srm's id.

i'm eagerly waiting for pixs of on stan's blog.

Yes Bro. Some of my things still havent come yet. Will post the pics as soon as its done. Am excited to see the final result with everything in place .

Did you get the Opennet installed in your place. Any idea hows the damage like.
    Open net charges 200+ for the STD installation.

Give it a miss.

The installation approach is not viable for private properties.

We are paying for the service eventually and the installation makes the house ugly. This is lose lose for the owners.

A better approach needs to be thought of...

If I read correctly in a recent article, 9 out of 10 owners refused installation.

Bro, did you reach out to Opennet already. When I called them, they mentioned minimum waiting time is 3 weeks.
    They also mentioned that running the wiring through false wall or ceiling etc is not their responsibility. They just do the cabling with connectivity and casing.

Thinking of giving it a miss.

Thank you gohsoonk and Douk for your feedback.
    No wonder I dont see much of this installation around.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Give it a miss.

The installation approach is not viable for private properties.

We are paying for the service eventually and the installation makes the house ugly. This is lose lose for the owners.

A better approach needs to be thought of...

If I read correctly in a recent article, 9 out of 10 owners refused installation.

Thank you gohsoonk and Douk for your feedback.
    No wonder I dont see much of this installation around.
    We also decide to hold in the end. As advised by the contractor, there is no way to wire via false ceiling coz the ceiling at our entrance area is lower than living/dinning/bedroom area. Therefore, there will be service bar exposed all the way if we chose to install.

We also decide to hold in the end. As advised by the contractor, there is no way to wire via false ceiling coz the ceiling at our entrance area is lower than living/dinning/bedroom area. Therefore, there will be service bar exposed all the way if we chose to install.
    how is your reno? done by Stan also?

how is your reno? done by Stan also?
    Yes, thanks for the recommendation. Both Stan and Lance are pretty helpful indeed. Today is the painting day actually.
    Last edited by okko; 04-11-10 at 15:17.

Yes, thanks for the recommendation. Both Stan and Lance are pretty helpful indeed. Today is the painting day actually.
    Hi, can share how much does it cost? I'm interested - can PM me?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Hi, can share how much does it cost? I'm interested - can PM me?
    Sure, you can email [email protected] Their website: http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

pixs pixs pixs!

Sure, you can email [email protected] Their website: http://www.homerejuvenation.com.sg/

pixs pixs pixs!
    Reno half way only, whole place still dusty and messy. I only have 3D pics in another PC.

Since we stay so near, feel free to pop by and also to catch my stunning quarry view for maybe the last chance before it is replaced by next door 大澡盆 (only I hope)

okok, bro SRM kindly invited us to visit last Sat.
    His reno is super nice man!

Reno half way only, whole place still dusty and messy. I only have 3D pics in another PC.

Since we stay so near, feel free to pop by and also to catch my stunning quarry view for maybe the last chance before it is replaced by next door 大澡盆 (only I hope)

Thanks Bro. Waiting for the final few things to be done. Will post the pics as soon as its done.

cheers !!

okok, bro SRM kindly invited us to visit last Sat.
    His reno is super nice man!

Thanks Bro. Waiting for the final few things to be done. Will post the pics as soon as its done.

cheers !!
    Congrats Congrats! pixs! pixs! pixs! so that I can borrow some idea I bet the million dollar view is even more stunning! city view + quarry view + reservoir view. How rare!!

bro SRM's at the centre of blk 51 is reservoir, pool and bikini views.

Congrats Congrats! pixs! pixs! pixs! so that I can borrow some idea I bet the million dollar view is even more stunning! city view + quarry view + reservoir view. How rare!!

bro SRM's at the centre of blk 51 is reservoir, pool and bikini views.
    Hahahaha.. I see, I see, the chairman block. I thought his unit is blk 61.

Any other Tropica owner bought Waterview in addition to sister EastLover?

I know of a few, but don't think they come to this forum.

Congrats to all who bought!