Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

Hopefully it is not in the afternoon with the blazing sun and with the endless flow of traffic. Buyers might think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    correction: the big big green glass is not balcony... it's a meeting area to allow those potential buyer sit down to discuss with agents. when they see such beautiful quarry view, they will immediately sign the dotted line hehehe

Actually the best place to observe the showflat is the reservior car park!

we went to reservior exercise after dinner, after jogging, i noticed that all the rooms in the showflat are lighten up, but can't see the ID details. it looks very very nice from far far away... especially the highland in car park

however it also seems the windows are much bigger than Tropica, one room I guess is Master Bed Room, got 2 set of windows, i wonder hot or not if half of the rooms are fully occupied by big big windows, if the unit hit by afternoon sun, that will be double heat leh...

blk 55 1496sqft unit just sold 1.04mio.

tropica has crossed the 1mio mark, and after the cooling measures somemore!

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    blk 55 1496sqft unit just sold 1.04mio.

tropica has crossed the 1mio mark, and after the cooling measures somemore!
    wow! don't know how much will the blk 61 1518 sqft unit be sold? agent said last offer is already 1.12mil liao.

Tropica is raising!

aqbp patio unit just sold 1.08mio. all condos around reservoir are rising.

wow! don't know how much will the blk 61 1518 sqft unit be sold? agent said last offer is already 1.12mil liao.

Tropica is raising!

aqbp patio unit just sold 1.08mio. all condos around reservoir are rising.
    ai yah, that means new condo next Tropica will be rising leh....

we're hedged ma.. if i buy, i will wait until completion, sell 1 tropica buy 2 smaller waterview. heehee.

ai yah, that means new condo next Tropica will be rising leh....

we're hedged ma.. if i buy, i will wait until completion, sell 1 tropica buy 2 smaller waterview. heehee.
    what if you can't find an ideal unit at T.O.P.?
    what if Tropic price dropped after 3 years?

krkrkr.. i prefer to see actual unit rather than visualize from brochure.

what if you can't find an ideal unit at T.O.P.?
    what if Tropic price dropped after 3 years?

Any idea when they will be launching.

krkrkr.. i prefer to see actual unit rather than visualize from brochure.

LandSale for EC at the Junction of Tampines Ave 8/Ave 1. How would it translate to the value of The Tropica Properties?

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    LandSale for EC at the Junction of Tampines Ave 8/Ave 1. How would it translate to the value of The Tropica Properties?
    So is it near the petrol station? Good leh! So Tropica won't be so lonely any more! hopefully we can have mama shop, clinic on door step soon....

So is it near the petrol station? Good leh! So Tropica won't be so lonely any more! hopefully we can have mama shop, clinic on door step soon....
    As appeared in the ST yesterday, it is behind Caltex. But it is for EC which will be enclosed. Therefore, if uv mama shop, cannot access to public.

i received an agent call, waterview is launching next month, indicative price is 850-900psf.

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    Any idea when they will be launching.

Wow. Thats quite high !!! The market is holding on strong.

i received an agent call, waterview is launching next month, indicative price is 850-900psf.

bro, buy one if you're keen. with QE2 being injected, commods and hard assets will hedge against hyperinflation.

Wow. Thats quite high !!! The market is holding on strong.

Any idea who's the marketing agent?

should be orangeT ba.

Quote Originally Posted by spyro
    Any idea who's the marketing agent?

flyers already at the doorstep.
    Anytime soon...

No bullet for this one . Hopefully I can settle my current house first and then save for Waterview.

bro, buy one if you're keen. with QE2 being injected, commods and hard assets will hedge against hyperinflation.

can la, financial institutions should have bumper bonuses this year.

i have attached the hot money flow article for you.

Published October 15, 2010

Massive US$600b pouring into Asia: Goldman

By NEIL BEHRMANN
    IN LONDON

GOLDMAN Sach's estimates that the 'wall of money' that is pouring into Asia is currently at an annual rate of almost US$600 billion or US$50 billion a month. Asia is receiving almost four-fifths of the inflows, estimates the investment bank, or annualised net inflows of around US$480 billion.

This is about 20 per cent higher than the massive inflows that occurred in 2007 and 2008, prior to the global credit crunch.

Goldman Sachs calculates that in the 15 months from April 2009 to June 2010, the annualised pace of foreign exchange interventions in emerging markets amounted to a whopping US$855 billion. Of this amount, emerging market trade inflows were US$280 billion.

The investment and hot money proportion of this inflow was US$575 billion and rising, month by month.

Global investors and companies fleeing from the US dollar on fears of quantitative easing, have been pouring money into euros, Swiss francs, sterling, gold, Singapore and Taiwan dollars, Korean won, gold, other commodities and shares.

In 2007, prior to the collapse of the global asset bubble and credit crunch late 2008, Asia received 61.3 per cent of the capital inflows which were then US$481 billion, calculates Goldman Sachs. Eastern Europe and Africa had inflows of 23.5 per cent of the total and Latin America, 15.2 per cent.

In the present financial flight from US monetary ease and the weak greenback, Asia has received the bulk of the flows. In the first six months of the year, calculates Goldman Sachs, global money pouring into Asia accounted for 78.5 per cent of the total, Latin America, 21 per cent and Eastern Europe and Africa only 0.5 per cent.

'The shift into Asia is broad-based and supports our bias for more Asian FX appreciation against the US dollar,' says Goldman Sachs.

Other Asian currency strategists, such as Brian Jackson of RBC Capital Markets and Morgan Stanley agree and current Asian currency favourites are the Korean won and Taiwan dollar.

The latest move of the Monetary Authority of Singapore surprised the market. The Singapore dollar shot up against the US dollar, European currencies and the yen, following the MAS's decision to widen its bands against a basket of currencies and allow the currency to appreciate.

The currency has since subsided slightly, but alongside the Hong Kong dollar, and Korean won, the Singapore dollar is the most liquid and growing in popularity. Since the MAS has been managing it shrewdly, the Singapore dollar is less volatile than the won.

The big question is how the battle of the yuan is going to get resolved. Mr Jackson, based in RBC's Hong Kong office, is expecting the US dollar to fall to around 6.2 yuan, a depreciation of around 7 per cent, while others expect depreciation of 2 per cent to 5 per cent.

The surge in other Asian currencies in recent months is thus discounting the expected appreciation of the yuan. The same applies to the euro, Swiss franc, sterling and gold.

The fear, however, is that Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, will cause a run out of the US dollar and the instability will ultimately bring about another global market crash with subsequent outflows from Asia.

Brendan Brown, London based head of economic research at Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International, contends that the best solution to the crisis is for China to relax exchange controls and allow the yuan to float freely. Since China is a command economy, such a scenario is unlikely, but China could come out with an element of surprise, contends Mr Brown.

'Chinese corporations, individuals, banks and investment institutions would become totally unrestricted in their purchases of foreign assets, whether in the form of equities, bonds, or monetary instruments,' Mr Brown says.

'In taking such action Beijing would silence at one stroke the chorus of officials in US and Europe calling for a large appreciation of the yuan. The yuan would now be a market-determined currency and the exchange rate now set by the market would be whatever it would be.'

'Markets may now be underestimating the boldness of Beijing under huge international pressure just as they could be overestimating the boldness of the Federal Reserve, next month.'

No bullet for this one . Hopefully I can settle my current house first and then save for Waterview.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyleftfoot
    flyers already at the doorstep.
    Anytime soon...
    got flyers meh? how come i never seen any in my mailbox?
    the showflat ID is working day and night, really can be ready anytime i think.

typical 3+1 study around 1350 will easily result 1.2mil!!!

unlikely to be so big la..

the sweetspot is 1mil, so working backwards, a 3br will be around 1175sqft.

typical 3+1 study around 1350 will easily result 1.2mil!!!

unlikely to be so big la..

the sweetspot is 1mil, so working backwards, a 3br will be around 1175sqft.
    since no more baywindows, 1175 sqft is actually as big as 1350 sqft in those new projects

since no more baywindows, 1175 sqft is actually as big as 1350 sqft in those new projects
    agent said can view in couple of weeks!

agent said can view in couple of weeks!
    Align with the start of the school holidays.....
    So as to bring in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    Align with the start of the school holidays.....
    So as to bring in the crowd.
    聪明!
    just hope the price don't jump too high. and i really hope they can have a nice landscape, better has a big big pool as Tropica :P

COPY FROM PRY GURU:

For Sale -New Launch @ Tampines Ave 1 (D18)

S$ 999,999 Negotiable | S$ 810.37 psf | 1,234 sqft (114.64 sqm) | 3 beds
    S$ 1,190,000 Guide Price | S$ 793.33 psf | 1,500 sqft (139.35 sqm) | 4 beds

NEW Project Launching Soon @ Tampines Ave 1 Estimated Price Ranging from: $6xxK!

Total Number of Units: 696

Full Condominium Facilities with 50m lap pool.

Types of Layout
    - 2 Bedroom
    - 2+Study
    - 3 Bedroom
    - 3+ Study
    - 4 Bedroom
    - 4 Penthouse

Unobstructed scenic view - Panoramic View of Bedok Reservoir and the Quarry Park

FACILITIES
    50m Lap Pool
    Water Feature
    Suntan Deck
    Children's Play Area
    Outdoor Fitness Deck
    Viewing Deck
    BBQ Pavilion
    Jogging Track
    Tennis Court
    Water Feature Fitness Deck
    Theme Garden

Clubhouse with:
    Gym
    Function Room
    Changing and Shower Facilities
    Sauna Room
    Handicapped Toilet

Near Major Institutions
    - Temasek Polytechnic
    - United World College
    - Singapore’s 4th University.
    - St Hilda’s Primary & Secondary School
    - Yu Neng Primary School
    - Red Swastika
    - Poi Ching Primary.

Close to shopping amenities
    - Tampines One
    - Tampines Mall
    - Century Square
    - Courts, Ikea and Giant.

Easy connectivity via
    - Tampines MRT & Bus Interchange
    - Bartley Viaduct
    - PIE, TPE and the ECP.

Foreigners Eligible.

Prices are very attractive for a 99 years leasehold development in District 18.
    Last edited by East Lover; 21-10-10 at 12:08.

Viewing Deck, Suntan Deck...something they could turn the negative points into their advantage. Hope they design it well...