Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    Really worth it.. indeed. Maybe I should consider swapping to 4 bedders some day when there is new addition to the family?
    the only problem is: there is no 4 bedder selling at all in Tropica! especially type A unit.
    we have to wait for a bit longer for the new condo next door? heard that new condo in Simei is targeting for $1100 -$1200 psf. don't how much is this new one... eyeing also

I would say the same thing. The only thing I like about the Minton is its library!!! Wondering whether Tropica can accommodate a library? even just some reading corner with magazines and newspaper stand will be nice... nicer if ariconed... hmmm....

am I daydreaming here? Will someone consider bringing that up at next AGM?
    good idea, we can ask our dear "Andy Lau" to bring up at next AGM. Not only the library but also the reading room/study room, since Tropica function room is soooo big.

The squash court is always empty. Maybe we can propose it to allow play badminton inside?

And the terrace on the second floor of function room is so under utilized. we should think of how to use it. maybe can add a glass roof, to allow our kids to play there during raining day?

OR, convert the terrace to laundry area, to hang clothes!!! so that no more clothes hanging on the windows! Frankly, that one i really can't take it, as it really lower down the class of Tropica, even worse than HDB.

come we all walk over and hoot one each.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    the only problem is: there is no 4 bedder selling at all in Tropica! especially type A unit.
    we have to wait for a bit longer for the new condo next door? heard that new condo in Simei is targeting for $1100 -$1200 psf. don't how much is this new one... eyeing also

Quote Originally Posted by munchies
    Gosh... really someone paid $920K for a unit on blk51.. unbelievable

Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    53 Tampines Avenue 1 #15-02
    99 Yrs From 04/12/1996
    $697
    $855k
    20 May 10
    51 Tampines Avenue 1 #12-03
    99 Yrs From 04/12/1996
    $743
    $920k
    19 May 10
    51 Tampines Avenue 1 #03-04
    99 Yrs From 04/12/1996
    $656
    $812k
    10 May 10
    Hi Munchies,

I am the one who bought 51, #12-03. Just couldnt resist the stunning view of pool and reservoir.
    I have been looking around for almost 2 years and strongly believe that Tropica is very much undervalued considering the location, condo facilities and the sense of being at home when you enter the condo.

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    Hi Munchies,

I am the one who bought 51, #12-03. Just couldnt resist the stunning view of pool and reservoir.
    I have been looking around for almost 2 years and strongly believe that Tropica is very much undervalued considering the location, condo facilities and the sense of being at home when you enter the condo.
    Welcome to The Tropica! You have made a rigth choice!

Hi SRM,

CONGRATS on your purchase.. I love the view too, both day and night and i must say this unit is indeed cream of the crop.. I love everything about this particular unit, be it the facing, interior layout (no odd shape), kitchen space and blah blah blah.. cant fault it at all EXCEPT for the reno, the original one is quite old and in need of some makeover??

Anyway, enjoy.... im still looking.

Welcome to The Tropica! You have made a rigth choice!
    Thanks East Lover. Cheers

Hi SRM,

CONGRATS on your purchase.. I love the view too, both day and night and i must say this unit is indeed cream of the crop.. I love everything about this particular unit, be it the facing, interior layout (no odd shape), kitchen space and blah blah blah.. cant fault it at all EXCEPT for the reno, the original one is quite old and in need of some makeover??

Anyway, enjoy.... im still looking.
    Hi Munchies,

Thanks. You seem to have viewed this unit in detail. Were you also looking at buying this unit.
    Agree that the interior is in original condition. We always wanted to renovate it according to our taste before moving over, so didnt bother much about its current state.

Bro, i think munchies viewed another unit above yours, but the seller wanted to wait for next plot launch.

munchies 12-01 may still be available, maybe call to enquire?

Hi Munchies,

Thanks. You seem to have viewed this unit in detail. Were you also looking at buying this unit.
    Agree that the interior is in original condition. We always wanted to renovate it according to our taste before moving over, so didnt bother much about its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    Bro, i think munchies viewed another unit above yours, but the seller wanted to wait for next plot launch.

munchies 12-01 may still be available, maybe call to enquire?
    Yes Munchies. 12-01 is worth considering too if you like Tropica.
    usually if property prices drop, then owners of good units will hold back the sale and wait for the market to pick up.

Bro Mckinnon, you know the reason why im still hankering after that unit.. you will understand even more if you ever had a chance to have a look at it.. hahaha

Bro SRM, the unit you bought is in original condition? May I know how did you manage to get this unit? They advertised for it? i dont remember seeing it on the newspaper le.. although I must confess i wasnt sourcing very actively..

Maybe one day im your neighbor upstairs.. hahaha..

Munchies..really looking forward to having you as neighbour. Cheers

I must tell you that 70% of the units I saw in Tropica were actually advertised after 1-2 months of my viewing the house through direct contact with agent.
    If you are keen, reach out to a few agents. Tell them that you are serious buyer and to inform you the moment they are aware of a unit put up for sale.

unbelievable.. this one asking for close to 1.2M. Have anyone seen this unit yet?

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...minium-ForSale

ya i know why. time to move in and seal the deal for your dream home.

for premium tropica units, ask the seller to give his price 1st and negotiate from there, don't throw up a price and hope he takes it. remember the premium is there for good reasons.

Bro Mckinnon, you know the reason why im still hankering after that unit.. you will understand even more if you ever had a chance to have a look at it.. hahaha

Bro SRM, the unit you bought is in original condition? May I know how did you manage to get this unit? They advertised for it? i dont remember seeing it on the newspaper le.. although I must confess i wasnt sourcing very actively..

Maybe one day im your neighbor upstairs.. hahaha..
    Last edited by McKinnon; 11-06-10 at 06:25.

unbelievable.. this one asking for close to 1.2M. Have anyone seen this unit yet?

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/property...minium-ForSale
    based on my limited Tropica knowledge, this unit seems located in blk 61, opp type C 4 bedder. in another word, this type of unit is the only 3 bedder in Tropica has unblocked reservior view, and quarry view.

if you are really particular for lake view, and not ready for 4 bedder, that 3 bedder is the only chance.... the floor area is slightly bigger than the standard 3 bedder in Tropica.

But if the unit has quarry view, then you have to pay for the long time afternoon sun, and road noise from ave 10, and future noise from next plot once they start to build..

Hehehe.. if that is the case, no thanks.. I dont mind watching sunset but i mind living with sunset.. I ever viewed a unit at Aquarius and it has the sunset view.. it was unbearably hot when i went to view that unit..

im just curious that the psf of this unit is so high and who would buy it?

good idea, we can ask our dear "Andy Lau" to bring up at next AGM. Not only the library but also the reading room/study room, since Tropica function room is soooo big.

The squash court is always empty. Maybe we can propose it to allow play badminton inside?

And the terrace on the second floor of function room is so under utilized. we should think of how to use it. maybe can add a glass roof, to allow our kids to play there during raining day?

OR, convert the terrace to laundry area, to hang clothes!!! so that no more clothes hanging on the windows! Frankly, that one i really can't take it, as it really lower down the class of Tropica, even worse than HDB.
    Laundry area? hahaha... no lah, only if you don't mind poo poo from the birds. Just turn the terrace on the second floor of function room into some airconed study room or mini library, that would be nice.

Hehehe.. if that is the case, no thanks.. I dont mind watching sunset but i mind living with sunset.. I ever viewed a unit at Aquarius and it has the sunset view.. it was unbearably hot when i went to view that unit..

im just curious that the psf of this unit is so high and who would buy it?
    Can't stand noon sun either. That's why I didn't chose AQBP or Clearwater.

Hi SRM,

Yupz, saw a few layout in Tropica, including the one above yours.. By far, like this BEST coz the layout is really very logical.. I've seen units from Blk 55, Blk 53, blk 63 and Blk 61 (4 bedder) over the past two years and none is better than the Blk 51 stack. I guess with your reno, your whole purchase will amount to no less than 1million considering that reno nowadays arent cheap either.

Hi Munchies,

pwah! you viewed for 2 years?

tropica's layout is v squarish w no odd space, most importantly, the ceiling is over 3 metres high.

Hi SRM,

Yupz, saw a few layout in Tropica, including the one above yours.. By far, like this BEST coz the layout is really very logical.. I've seen units from Blk 55, Blk 53, blk 63 and Blk 61 (4 bedder) over the past two years and none is better than the Blk 51 stack. I guess with your reno, your whole purchase will amount to no less than 1million considering that reno nowadays arent cheap either.

Hi Okko,

You owner of Tropica unit too? What prompt your purchase? I was checking the prices of The Clearwater, The Triopica and AQBP and seems like The Clearwater is commanding very high psf which i clearly do not understand. Is it because it is near to the new DTL3?

Can't stand noon sun either. That's why I didn't chose AQBP or Clearwater.

Yupz, has been viewing for the past two years? More active earlier but as the psf climbed, i gradually scale down my viewing coz cant afford.. hahahaha. I totally agree with your comments coz can fully utilise the space. I also liked the additional store room that you get for the 3bedders..

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    pwah! you viewed for 2 years?

tropica's layout is v squarish w no odd space, most importantly, the ceiling is over 3 metres high.

HI Eastlover,

Perhaps you can get the management to spruce up the main entrance which is an eyesore i must say.. Among all the condos around Reservoirs, i suppose The Tropica has the most unsightly/unappealing entrance... which is turn off for investors like meeeee...

Hi SRM,

Yes Munchies. Its very much possible that my purchase may hit one million. But it was for our own stay and we intend to be in Tropica long term. Thats why we were more particular about the exterior and the orientation.

I feel Tropica entrance is a no-frill approach. Maybe the reason is none of the units face the entrance, so they didnt bother to spend much on it.

I have yet to start sourcing for a good reno contractor. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do let me know if you are aware of any good contractors.

Hi Okko,

You owner of Tropica unit too? What prompt your purchase? I was checking the prices of The Clearwater, The Triopica and AQBP and seems like The Clearwater is commanding very high psf which i clearly do not understand. Is it because it is near to the new DTL3?
    Hi munchies, like you, I've been eying Tropica for almost 1 year before I gladly settled with the current unit... Have viewed nearly all condo projects in Tampines... you name it... and a few in Pasir Ris... nothing gave me the warm "welcome home" feeling except for Tropica.

I couldn't understand the high psf commanded by Clearwater either. I myself was turned off right away by just looking at its "no-frill" swimming pool and noon sun hitting most of its reservoir facing units. But to be fair, its interior deco looks pretty nice (but I am not sure whether it is just the unit I viewed or its original deco). For AQBP, love its landscape and direct link to the reservoir, but dislike its facing and layout, and its blue/green roof top is an eye sore to me (in fengshui, that is not good). BS is nice, but the size of its swimming pool is no bigger than Tropica's children pool. For other projects, like pinevale, eastvale..... so crammed.. oh man. Does not give me the feeling of "upgrading”.

But I think to most people, Tropica seems a bit ulu, ha! which I found out later that it is not so... many direct buses and have 24hr markets, food courts within walking distance... I am actually grateful that the new MRT line will not bypass Tropica... no train noise, phew.. However, with future TP station, it will be within walking distance. Just nice!!

Agree that Tropica has a humble look from "outside“, but that's why I had a pleasant surprise when I came to know how nice it is "inside". I don't mind retiring in Tropica actually, if it remains a peaceful escape...

Agree that Tropica has a humble look from "outside“, but that's why I had a pleasant surprise when I came to know how nice it is "inside". I don't mind retiring in Tropica actually, if it remains a peaceful escape...
    agree! after i sold my hdb in marine parade, i was looking at pinevale and the ABC condos. Luckily one agent suggested 'Why don't you consider the Tropica?" I googled and instantly zoomed in on this project.

I viewed 3 units in a day, and bought my current unit on the spot.

Thumbs up

you said what i wanted to say! this weekend i held a party, many friends said so also - tropica looks like a 世外桃源,别有洞天. how lucky that we can live in a resort everyday!

HI Eastlover,

Perhaps you can get the management to spruce up the main entrance which is an eyesore i must say.. Among all the condos around Reservoirs, i suppose The Tropica has the most unsightly/unappealing entrance... which is turn off for investors like meeeee...
    hay the best person is our dear McKinnon, as he looks like 刘德华!

Tropica has talents, and McKinnon is our big star. He can convince mgmt very effeciently, not me

last night we went to reservior for cycling after dinner, and i noticed that a lot of trees next door have been shifted out. does that mean the showflat will be ready for viewing sooooooon?

get your blank cheque be prepared, hehehe

hay the best person is our dear McKinnon, as he looks like 刘德华!

Tropica has talents, and McKinnon is our big star. He can convince mgmt very effeciently, not me
    McKinnon works in the airport? Sounds like a friend who works in the airport..

Tropica is really a nice place to live, would love to hv a unit there...