Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1059

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

Clearwater is a good choice..much bigger units compared to other condos on that side of reservoir. Also got future MRT, makan and iecon minimart.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    skyscrapercity pinpointed one at each end of the park, which was why i bot clearwater juz b4 mrt announced.

those guys are good!

bro u are comparing hard attributes to sell for profits while most buyers consider soft attributes for long term living w their family.

costa del sol oso boh mrt boh mall yet prices keep climbing.

property for own stay are emotional buys thats why i can only buy when i see and my emotions kick in

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    I don't mean buy now.. They got income ceiling, many people cant buy.. I mean 8 years later.. Honestly i suspect by then not many people will choose to buy tropica/waterview over the Tamp central EC.. Of course there will be a few who like reservoir facing, but how many stacks are facing reservoir? Then the rest of the stacks eat grass meh? And how many people prefer reservoir over MRT? But the feo waterfront offer both, something that waterview/tropica didn't manage to.. MRT sites are always hot and hold a premium in pricing due to the convenience they provide so i think the feo ones and the tamp central ec will eventually prove very strong competitors for waterview/tropica..

I personally thought that tamp central EC's location is really quite good lah.. A bit wasted to be an EC.. If PC, definitely at least 1.2-1.4k psf..

eh, how come u know?

i only knew wen i went looking for makan while waiting for tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    Clearwater is a good choice..much bigger units compared to other condos on that side of reservoir. Also got future MRT, makan and iecon minimart.

Bro, no MRT near EC. Personally 8 years is too far for me. Expat buyers can only buy after 13 years. More new condos may come up beside the EC. Things may change by that time.
    And you never know WP will get a MRT due to all the new condos near this side of reservoir and Tropica may go enbloc by then (big dreams...just kidding... ).
    Have ma.. I'm talking about the Sim lian EC in Tamp Central 7, not the hoi hup one in ave 8.. ECs need not wait for 10 year privatisation one, they seem to have more than adequate resale demand than PCs.. I read one article last month that published figures showed EC resale volume (as a % of their total number) is higher than private condos.. Tamp central area has no more residential sites liao, unless they do SERS and screw some HDB owners there hahaha!

Anyway, my cousin in law bought a place in tropica last year too.. went to her house many times already cos my spouse is very close to her.. even though it is already 11 years old, the environment and upkeeping is indeed quite good..

bro u are comparing hard attributes to sell for profits while most buyers consider soft attributes for long term living w their family.

costa del sol oso boh mrt boh mall yet prices keep climbing.

property for own stay are emotional buys thats why i can only buy when i see and my emotions kick in
    Agree! For self stay, most impt thing is the buyer must like.. Investment value is secondary..

anyway dun worry abt tropica price dropping.

from wat i know the recent buys are by expats w deep pockets and no salary cap one.

and tropica cheonging faster than my clearwater, should not have sold my other tropica

Agree! For self stay, most impt thing is the buyer must like.. Investment value is secondary..

Ah..I thought you referring to the one on ave 8. The Sim lian EC is a different class already.
    For EC, can sell to Singaporean or PR after 5 years and foreigners after 10 years. Has the rule changed now.

Have ma.. I'm talking about the Sim lian EC in Tamp Central 7, not the hoi hup one in ave 8.. ECs need not wait for 10 year privatisation one, they seem to have more than adequate resale demand than PCs.. I read one article last month that published figures showed EC resale volume (as a % of their total number) is higher than private condos.. Tamp central area has no more residential sites liao, unless they do SERS and screw some HDB owners there hahaha!

Anyway, my cousin in law bought a place in tropica last year too.. went to her house many times already cos my spouse is very close to her.. even though it is already 11 years old, the environment and upkeeping is indeed quite good..

the one opposite us is Arc by hoi hup, while the other is centrale 8 by sim lian.

Ah..I thought you referring to the one on ave 8. The Sim lian EC is a different class already.
    For EC, can sell to Singaporean or PR after 5 years and foreigners after 10 years. Has the rule changed now.

I think no change.. I meant singaporeans+PRs market big and adequate enough for EC resale volume already..

Anyway i have nothing against tropica lah, if not i would have advised my cousin in law not to buy it last year.. I'm just estimating what the situation might be like in future..

aqbp landscaping oso very nice.

and i get to check out wfw when your place is ready!!

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    bro, Tropica has very nice landscaping. Even the pathway/jogging track is so greenery.

the one opposite us is Arc by hoi hup, while the other is centrale 8 by sim lian.
    haha wrong lah.. the centrale 8 is the infamous DBSS.. The EC located next to it not launched yet..

yay, this thread crossed 1000 posts!

for this historic moment, i shall reveal price of latest transaction,

$930psf!!!

Bro, no MRT near EC. Personally 8 years is too far for me. Expat buyers can only buy after 13 years. More new condos may come up beside the EC. Things may change by that time.
    And you never know WP will get a MRT due to all the new condos near this side of reservoir and Tropica may go enbloc by then (big dreams...just kidding... ).
    tropica enbloc...hmm...anything possible in this crazy market...

oh sorry, i not sure wat is dbss or bto. dbss = ec?

haha wrong lah.. the centrale 8 is the infamous DBSS.. The EC located next to it not launched yet..

thats right there will be an ec on that big plot of land sure to be hot hot hot...

dun act blur lah, how can someone living in ocr dunno what is bto haha..

you mean live in ocr needs to know wat is bto?

i know what they stand for but dunno their difference, coz i bot my hdb resale.

so where do you stay, since you know so much about hdb stuff?

dun act blur lah, how can someone living in ocr dunno what is bto haha..
    Last edited by McKinnon; 10-07-11 at 11:53.

you mean live in ocr needs to know wat is bto?

i know what they stand for but dunno their difference, coz i bot my hdb resale.

so where do you stay, since you know so much about hdb stuff?
    i stay in ocr too.. anyway i didn't know a lot about hdb stuff but things like what bto or dbss is are quite common stuff lah haha.. even you read papers or news you will also read/hear about them quite often nowadays.. you based overseas now?

I'm based in sg but dun pay attention coz we dun qualify.

So dbss = ec now?

i stay in ocr too.. anyway i didn't know a lot about hdb stuff but things like what bto or dbss is are quite common stuff lah haha.. even you read papers or news you will also read/hear about them quite often nowadays.. you based overseas now?

I'm based in sg but dun pay attention coz we dun qualify.

So dbss = ec now?
    dbss is hdb, ec is condo.. but KBW said "dbss is not hdb" in his blog post subject title.. i also confused so dun ask me..

Wah piang so confusing

dbss is hdb, ec is condo.. but KBW said "dbss is not hdb" in his blog post subject title.. i also confused so dun ask me..

yay, this thread crossed 1000 posts!

for this historic moment, i shall reveal price of latest transaction,

$930psf!!!
    You meant Tropica psf hit $930?

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    I did drop some hint MRT will be there..but no one believe...no one think our gov will build a station so close to private development.
    I believe

But only got starbuy park facing....i tried to nego down prices for reservoir facing....but die die cannot leh

Bro ken9170 offered 928psf couldnt get

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo

Bro ken9170 offered 928psf couldnt get
    Its really crazy px...full reservoir facing?

Wv high flr reservoir facimg only 950psf rite? I missed the boat of no return liao lor

Ya prime stack of premium block in tropica.

Such units rarely pop up bro srm's is private sale also

During greek crisis i told ppl 10-03 at 900k quick grab but my frens all scared.

Bro devilplate vw not top yet so still got chance to grab prime subsale units.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Its really crazy px...full reservoir facing?

Wv high flr reservoir facimg only 950psf rite? I missed the boat of no return liao lor

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    yeah congrats to all tropica bros...my daughters tution teacher must be jumping up and down i go there once a week to send my daughter to tution.... ...sigh loved the place when i first stepped in some time back i should have dumped my condo and bot a unit there

Tropica got tuition teachers? Bro pls pm me contact in case my kids need.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yeah congrats to all tropica bros...my daughters tution teacher must be jumping up and down i go there once a week to send my daughter to tution.... ...sigh loved the place when i first stepped in some time back i should have dumped my condo and bot a unit there

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Ya, tropica prices cheong alot more den elias...hehe

Tropica got tuition teachers? Bro pls pm me contact in case my kids need.
    bro sad to inform you my daughter studying ...HINDI as 2nd language...
    teacher is a pr from india i think they bought last year now all huat...pay fees late also nebermind....