Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4914192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    Any insider views from Tropicans?
    Would this be amicably resolved if those high-rise litters can be stopped?

================================

Apr 5, 2011

IN THE ST NEWSPAPER TODAY
    Residents at odds over covered patios

Some owners say trellises are for safety, but trash on top upsets others

By Kon Xin Hua

A toilet rug fell onto an umbrella covering the patio of a ground-floor unit without a trellis. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

THE ground-floor residents of Tampines condominium The Tropica said they installed trellises with polycarbonate covers on their patios literally to take cover.
    They added that their families' safety was at stake because upper-floor residents threw litter onto their patios. But because the rubbish then landed on the covers, this mess also made the higher-floor residents upset.
    didn't know this incident until you forward this.

this ground-floor Tropican must be very very angry, then 家丑外扬。。。

must be some naughty kids lah...

Just put a CCTV and pass the tape to NEA to report littering from high-rise.

Thats why I will only consider ground floor units if the development is at most 5 storey high.

Upstairs throw litter easier to catch.

Hi,

This is my 1st post as I have recently bought a new condo still under construction. While looking around, I cant help but noticed those condos built years back are rather concrete looking while those currently launched are more aesthetic looking mostly with full glass windows and good views.

But as far as prices are concerned, the older condos are selling only slightly lower than new launches. I really wonder who are those buyers?? While psf may be one of the criteria to gauge the selling price, I believe the exterior designs should be equally important too in order to appeal to potential buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppieboy
    Hi,

This is my 1st post as I have recently bought a new condo still under construction. While looking around, I cant help but noticed those condos built years back are rather concrete looking while those currently launched are more aesthetic looking mostly with full glass windows and good views.

But as far as prices are concerned, the older condos are selling only slightly lower than new launches. I really wonder who are those buyers?? While psf may be one of the criteria to gauge the selling price, I believe the exterior designs should be equally important too in order to appeal to potential buyer.
    which area u looking at? i am sure there r some older resale worth the buck

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    which area u looking at? i am sure there r some older resale worth the buck
    Ya... like The Plaza, Textile Centre and People's Park Complex which incidentally join the 1200-1400psf ranks *roll eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by yuppieboy
    Hi,

Houses in Singapore cannot last long. 20 years is all it takes to make a house look old and tired. The pipes inside would have rusted, concrete will start to spall and lift starts to fail more frequently. What is inside is important.

Default progress in stack 09 & 13!

Finally get time to upload the latest progress!

Default progress in stack 42!

sorry posted in wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Houses in Singapore cannot last long. 20 years is all it takes to make a house look old and tired. The pipes inside would have rusted, concrete will start to spall and lift starts to fail more frequently. What is inside is important.
    maybe by 20 years, it's time to enblock
    new development is getting smaller and smaller, old project is still worthy for $$$ if you have cash to reno nice nice

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    maybe by 20 years, it's time to enblock
    new development is getting smaller and smaller, old project is still worthy for $$$ if you have cash to reno nice nice
    By that time it will be the the folks at WV's turn to bear with the demolishment noise and dust and subsequently the reconstruction of the new "Tropica". haha

By that time it will be the the folks at WV's turn to bear with the demolishment noise and dust and subsequently the reconstruction of the new "Tropica". haha
    Maybe FEO enblock both Tropica and WV, and slide them into 4 waterfront collection again hahaha, then ask sky high high price, to push our tampines to orarch level

Haahaha.. Thats a good one. you never know.

Maybe FEO enblock both Tropica and WV, and slide them into 4 waterfront collection again hahaha, then ask sky high high price, to push our tampines to orarch level

Haha... true true.. we never know what can come up next... this is a crazy world especially here in SG!

update: blk 63 3br sold 990k, blk 57 ground floor sold 1.32mio

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    Wahh mid / high floor for the BLK 63 one?

mid floor bro.

i wonder how much blk 51 can command now.

Wahh mid / high floor for the BLK 63 one?

The international school UWC is going to fully operate on August, now it's the best time for parents to buy Tropica, so they can settle first before school term start.

Majority of the buyers are Indian, heard >70% of UWC students are from rich Indian family, and Indian like big big units.

The 01-03 unit has been in market for 3 years, but very hard to sale due to big size, odd layout and next to tenis court, but finally it's sold out, and sold to Indian. I guess that's the biggest unit avaiable in Tropica now.

mid floor bro.

i wonder how much blk 51 can command now.
    How about you testing the market by putting your unit up for sale and let us know the highest offer you can get?

Quote Originally Posted by bfam
    How about you testing the market by putting your unit up for sale and let us know the highest offer you can get?

why waste agents' time and my time?

heard from agent the new psychological barrier is now 1.2mio, so i won't be surprised if bro srm's crown jewel can get 1.2.

my family loves tropica very much, i will only sell if i can get a 4br with full reservoir view at blk 57 or 61.

heard from agent the new psychological barrier is now 1.2mio, so i won't be surprised if bro srm's crown jewel can get 1.2.

my family loves tropica very much, i will only sell if i can get a 4br with full reservoir view at blk 57 or 61.
    today I take break at home. really enjoy the 'tropica' feeling. so windy, so quiet, so bright and yet so cool, 还真不舍得卖呢

Good to hear the uptrend. My family also enjoying our stay in Tropica so no thought to let go for now. Have yet to come across another development that exceeds or even meets the Tropica feel .

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    Good to hear the uptrend. My family also enjoying our stay in Tropica so no thought to let go for now. Have yet to come across another development that exceeds or even meets the Tropica feel .
    Maybe you can take look at CLOVER BY THE PARK in the heart of Singapore, Bishan. This project is at the last stage of touch up and will TOP soon. The two towers are jus beside the huge Bishan Park. Currently the park has been remake with a river flowing through. Just like Tropica, there is no road between the park and the condo. ......FYI

Thanks Bro. Will check it out. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    Maybe you can take look at CLOVER BY THE PARK in the heart of Singapore, Bishan. This project is at the last stage of touch up and will TOP soon. The two towers are jus beside the huge Bishan Park. Currently the park has been remake with a river flowing through. Just like Tropica, there is no road between the park and the condo. ......FYI

sister, your info is pinpoint accurate.

the unit was snapped up be rich uwc family after fierce bidding.

this means uwc families are starting their house hunt around the school?

The international school UWC is going to fully operate on August, now it's the best time for parents to buy Tropica, so they can settle first before school term start.

Majority of the buyers are Indian, heard >70% of UWC students are from rich Indian family, and Indian like big big units.

The 01-03 unit has been in market for 3 years, but very hard to sale due to big size, odd layout and next to tenis court, but finally it's sold out, and sold to Indian. I guess that's the biggest unit avaiable in Tropica now.

sister, your info is pinpoint accurate.

the unit was snapped up be rich uwc family after fierce bidding.

this means uwc families are starting their house hunt around the school?
    Do you know the last offer is 1.35??? but it was too late as the owener quickly accept the deal at 1.32...

yes, don't you see more and more indians appearing in Tropica?

And worse, more in blk 57 and 61 as they like big unit, as they get used of big big house in their homeland

wah, deep pockets coming to tropica.

more and more ang mors oso, let's see the market come august.

Do you know the last offer is 1.35??? but it was too late as the owener quickly accept the deal at 1.32...

yes, don't you see more and more indians appearing in Tropica?

And worse, more in blk 57 and 61 as they like big unit, as they get used of big big house in their homeland