Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

The govt's new policy sounds more like a immediate stop to property investors, be it HDB or private. But not long term solution.
    Previously the decreased max loan from 90% to 80%. The rentals started creeping up and then buyers started accepting and going for property with 80% loan. They buy smaller houses than what they could have got with a 90% loan but they still bought and pushed up the prices.
    The HDB change is to deter investors from using HDB as property investment. This will help to some extent but real investors wont pay high COV for HDB, its genuine buyers for own stay which pays high COV. There will be lesser HDB sellers which will again push up prices after some time.
    I see the next property boom to be bigger than the current one.

Sharp observation.

Boh pian coz hdb no enuf and if prices runaway they cannot meet 6.5mio population target.

Imagine our island 30% more crowded than now

Quote Originally Posted by SRM
    The govt's new policy sounds more like a immediate stop to property investors, be it HDB or private. But not long term solution.
    Previously the decreased max loan from 90% to 80%. The rentals started creeping up and then buyers started accepting and going for property with 80% loan. They buy smaller houses than what they could have got with a 90% loan but they still bought and pushed up the prices.
    The HDB change is to deter investors from using HDB as property investment. This will help to some extent but real investors wont pay high COV for HDB, its genuine buyers for own stay which pays high COV. There will be lesser HDB sellers which will again push up prices after some time.

Another 3 bedders advertised in PropertyGuru for $1.08M....

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    Cool! I thought this round govt's policy target to cool down HDB and mass-market condo?

Let's see how will HDB upgraders react for this $1.08Mil asking price...

looks like blk 65? nice and well maintained unit.

blk 51 #09-04 transacted 920k, which means bro SRM can shout for 1.18mio for his crown jewel unit

OMG, the view is nice so is the price....

Actually while many see mass condo price drop, I see the opposite happening. Though some upgraders will be shut out for some time, but don't forget, upgrading is something people will seek by all means....

However, many PRs who do not want to serve 5 year MOP will now turn to buy a mass market condo.... many condo owners who previously want to invest a resale HDB will also look to mass market condos.....

Let's see...
    Last edited by okko; 04-09-10 at 22:36.

Plus, garment's first priority is to make HDB affordable, not condos affordable.. so let's see...

How can it be affordable even before all the price hike as starting salary in the last 10 years has not risen much. It is already quite tough for a fresh graduate couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by okko
    Plus, garment's first priority is to make HDB affordable, not condos affordable.. so let's see...

Wow!!! Tropica prices seem to be going up up and away...But I must admit..its 100% value for money...Looking forward to moving in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    looks like blk 65? nice and well maintained unit.

blk 51 #09-04 transacted 920k, which means bro SRM can shout for 1.18mio for his crown jewel unit

the view w/o glaring west sun reflection alone is very rare liao.

unless owners want to wear sunglasses at home every afternoon.

Wow!!! Tropica prices seem to be going up up and away...But I must admit..its 100% value for money...Looking forward to moving in soon.

Sharp observation, before that, the weaker ones get flushed out.

Rental is going to go up for sure.

Deals will fall and the transacted prices will fall

chance is coming. Double dip recession in property prices is CONFIRMED Happening. One aftermath of Lehman and the other aftermath of PM2010's national day rally speech.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich

chance is coming. Double dip recession in property prices is CONFIRMED Happening. One aftermath of Lehman and the other aftermath of PM2010's national day rally speech.
    Speak as if like GOD like that. Power!

nobody knows for sure how it will pan out.

if rental is gg up for sure, why would transacted price fall as owners will rent out, and investors buy with rental yield in mind.

you hope it will happen doesnt mean it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich

I am pretty sure nobody would be sure how it will pan out.

Personnally, I think the rental have a chance of going up while the tranx fall. This is because FTs who are priced out of the market would turn to renting rather than buying.

nobody knows for sure how it will pan out.

if rental is gg up for sure, why would transacted price fall as owners will rent out, and investors buy with rental yield in mind.

you hope it will happen doesnt mean it will happen.

I think rental will remain very firm for HDB and mass market. HDB and mass market already has one of the best rental yields. So, no one is desperate to sell. In fact, my tenants now seem nore desperate than me - keeps SMSing me to renew his contract! I was previously intending to sell after hungry ghost, now shall keep my option open. One thing is for sure. I'm not going to lower my ask price. At worst, just continue to rent

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I am pretty sure nobody would be sure how it will pan out.

Personnally, I think the rental have a chance of going up while the tranx fall. This is because FTs who are priced out of the market would turn to renting rather than buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think rental will remain very firm for HDB and mass market. HDB and mass market already has one of the best rental yields. So, no one is desperate to sell. In fact, my tenants now seem nore desperate than me - keeps SMSing me to renew his contract! I was previously intending to sell after hungry ghost, now shall keep my option open. One thing is for sure. I'm not going to lower my ask price. At worst, just continue to rent
    just be a happy landlord

make them pay for ur mortgage

Definitely. With the new rules, it will discourage owners (those who own HDB and private) from selling their HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

But don't u think with the new rules and the upcoming supply, capital gains from HDB would be capped. Rental shd still be ok.

Definitely. With the new rules, it will discourage owners (those who own HDB and private) from selling their HDB.

Nah..The upcoming supply is new HDB which will be mainly for Singaporean first timers. This will still have a lockin of 5 years after occupation.
    After 5 years, SG population will increase and will have more FTs.
    The current HDB owners wont sell their units as they know that it will not be easy to own one again. Capital gains will not be capped in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    But don't u think with the new rules and the upcoming supply, capital gains from HDB would be capped. Rental shd still be ok.

You are right that owners won't sell their units as they will never be able to own it again.

However, capital gains will be capped or prices of HDB might go down in my opinion.

First, supply is huge for the next two years.
    Second, the segment (private property) paying for COV has been removed. Third, the PRs have their wings clipped as quite a significant amount has property overseas.

Nah..The upcoming supply is new HDB which will be mainly for Singaporean first timers. This will still have a lockin of 5 years after occupation.
    After 5 years, SG population will increase and will have more FTs.
    The current HDB owners wont sell their units as they know that it will not be easy to own one again. Capital gains will not be capped in my opinion.

You are right that owners won't sell their units as they will never be able to own it again.

However, capital gains will be capped or prices of HDB might go down in my opinion.

Second, the segment (private property) paying for COV has been removed. Third, the PRs have their wings clipped as quite a significant amount has property overseas.
    PRs will be invited to be Citizens..

Owners won't sell because it has became a prize possesion. Most would pay off HDB and stay in private in future. HDB rented to Foreign talents and PR's.

PRs demand for resale HDB has been shifted to demand for mass market - entry level condo or rental. That's about it.

PR now play mass market condo

Citizen now play new HDB but they will probably get a 4 room flat where they can pay off earlier and start playing in private. Some may prefer 5 rooms nevertheless. Right sizing and right timing.

Good spot bro, specially on PRs holding property overseas. Wonder how the govt can track and verify this .

Think our garmen already got double-taxation treaty with a lot of countries, so don't think its that difficult for them to check if the PRs are paying property taxes or equivalent overseas.

Good spot bro, specially on PRs holding property overseas. Wonder how the govt can track and verify this .
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

shanel got new 3br in premium blk 51 stack 3.

asking 950k, i tink gonna be snapped up soon.

shanel got new 3br in premium blk 51 stack 3.

asking 950k, i tink gonna be snapped up soon.
    sounds reasonable, comparing another one asking 1.08mil

another tropica crown jewel on the market

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    sounds reasonable, comparing another one asking 1.08mil

another tropica crown jewel on the market
    Wow!! We will be having new neighbours....

yay! hope it's sold to nice buyer.

i byo so long for stack 3 never appear.

Wow!! We will be having new neighbours....

Yes Bro. I agree too. Block 51 Stack 3 and that too high floor is quite difficult to get. The unit is priced right too.
    Will be sold up very fast.

yay! hope it's sold to nice buyer.

i byo so long for stack 3 never appear.

lunch time we talked about the new condo next to Tropica. Surprisedly, many ppl are eyeing at this project, and majority are expecting at $800psf.
    haha, if $800psf, our dear McKinnon sure grab one. so do I?