Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

At $700psf, this is so undervalued at current market. Good choice for tropica buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    At $700psf, this is so undervalued at current market. Good choice for tropica buyers.
    Just curious, with the sale of land (next to Tropica) at over $300+ million and I read somewhere that the expected breakeven psf price would be around $700 psf. If Sim Lian choose to sell their units at $800psf, would it attract Buyers to look at Tropica now?

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    Just curious, with the sale of land (next to Tropica) at over $300+ million and I read somewhere that the expected breakeven psf price would be around $700 psf. If Sim Lian choose to sell their units at $800psf, would it attract Buyers to look at Tropica now?
    The marketing of new project will attract more people to look into that location. If there is a big price gap between the old and new projects, it helps to drive up demand for the older projects... provided the new development is selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    The marketing of new project will attract more people to look into that location. If there is a big price gap between the old and new projects, it helps to drive up demand for the older projects... provided the new development is selling well.
    you can see that no much units are selling in Tropica. I guess most of owners are waiting for the new project rollout, and adjust their selling price. by then, as you said, it will be too undervalued at $700psf.

I guess they must put to market before Lunar 7th month bah. so should be within this 2 months time.

So let's see how...

Go to Sim Lian website, click "upcoming project", you can see this new development. http://www.simlian.com.sg/

launching Q1 next year.

i have viewed about 10 units around the reservoir. most need to contort body to see reservoir.

a good reservoir view will be a rare commodity soon, which was why i bot another tropica w spectacular reservoir view after going 1 big round.

i agree 700psf is very undervalued.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    you can see that no much units are selling in Tropica. I guess most of owners are waiting for the new project rollout, and adjust their selling price. by then, as you said, it will be too undervalued at $700psf.

I guess they must put to market before Lunar 7th month bah. so should be within this 2 months time.

So let's see how...

Go to Sim Lian website, click "upcoming project", you can see this new development. http://www.simlian.com.sg/

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    launching Q1 next year.

i have viewed about 10 units around the reservoir. most need to contort body to see reservoir.

a good reservoir view will be a rare commodity soon, which was why i bot another tropica w spectacular reservoir view after going 1 big round.

i agree 700psf is very undervalued.
    wow! congrates! which block did you buy? Blk 57 or 61?
    So Stan will put one more Tropica project into his blog soon

51, premium block

for 4br ur blk 57 is best.

wow! congrates! which block did you buy? Blk 57 or 61?
    So Stan will put one more Tropica project into his blog soon

51, premium block

Thought you are planning to buy the new project??

yes, take a look when it's launched next year.

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    Thought you are planning to buy the new project??

51, premium block

thank you
    yes, 51 is premium block as you can have both pool view and lake view. I'm waiting for Stan's new design hehehe....

yes, take a look when it's launched next year.
    wow, actually you are the truly East Lover!

haha, i love the reservoir ma..

wow, actually you are the truly East Lover!

Hi,

Im new here.. Is it too pricy to pay for Blk 51 at $900K. Fully renovated and wthin one km from St Hildas. High floor too..

BTW, can share how you guys manage to get info on the floor unit too coz from URA webby, you only see the size and transacted price.

Thanks for sharing

Hi munchies,

You can find out the unit numbers from streetsine.com

It depends on which floor in Blk 51, units 6th floor and above will get good reservoir views, units above 10th floor get magnificient reservoir views. For comparison, a 5th floor unit was already valued at 850k, so if the banks can match 900k valuation i'd say grab it coz alot of tropica buyers are byoing blk 51.

Welcome to the tropica, and welcome to blk 51.

Quote Originally Posted by munchies
    Hi,

Im new here.. Is it too pricy to pay for Blk 51 at $900K. Fully renovated and wthin one km from St Hildas. High floor too..

BTW, can share how you guys manage to get info on the floor unit too coz from URA webby, you only see the size and transacted price.

Thanks for sharing

Default The tropica

Hi Mckinnon,

Thanks for your sharing. The webby that you provided is really awsome..

Im just wondering how is that Aquarius by the Park and The Clearwater are selling so much better than The Tropica. Ive went to see both project and found that in terms of land space and the layout of the house, Tropica seems to be better.. i dun understand.

I've came to Tropica 3 times to view the vicinity and this is my conclusion:

Pros
    1) big land space
    2) Big swimming pool and a reasonable sized children pool. However, in this aspect i think Aquarius is nicer
    3) the distance between blocks are quite far, a lot of privacy as compared to newer projects (Too near)
    4) Big carpark
    5) Blk 51 offers very nice pool and reservoir view.. night view was awesome
    6) Within 1KM from St Hildas
    7) Easy access to all the highway, really a breeze if you owns a car
    8) two units to a floor, really hard to come by coz most condos usually four to a floor. In addition, there are security gates to enter into the building, quite cool
    9) Nice quarry view too..
    10) Windy it seems to me.. (Owners, care to confirm?)

Cons
    1) REALLY UGLY ENTRANCE.. my hubby commented that the committee members ought be shot! Heard a lot of comments from my colleagues that Tropica has very ugly entrance too, not fitting of a condo.. =\ Could this be the reason why Tropica price is not comparable to those of Clearwater and Aquarius? Worried that if i buy, may not have good resale value
    2) No direct access to the reservoir
    3) Far from MRT station. BTW, is it true that there will be a MRT station near to Tropica (DTL 3)?

So confused and tiring, looking for a suitable house.
    Last edited by munchies; 22-04-10 at 23:16. Reason: add more text

Hi munchies, AQBP and Clearwater are registering higher psf lately because of the Waterfront collection spillover effect and more good units coming onsale in the market.

From the streetsine caveats, only about 6 units from blk 51 tropica were available over the past year and high floor ones were rare to pop up. So the high floor unit you're eyeing in blk 51 will be highly sought after provided you're not asking for the sky should you sell it.

alot of residents own 2 cars here, but from what i understand it's an 8 min bus ride to tampines central and a 2 min one to uwc.

go with your feel. i went with mine which was why i bought another tropica unit.

good luck on your home hunting.

Hi Mckinnon,

Thanks for your sharing. The webby that you provided is really awsome..

Im just wondering how is that Aquarius by the Park and The Clearwater are selling so much better than The Tropica. Ive went to see both project and found that in terms of land space and the layout of the house, Tropica seems to be better.. i dun understand.

I've came to Tropica 3 times to view the vicinity and this is my conclusion:

Pros
    1) big land space
    2) Big swimming pool and a reasonable sized children pool. However, in this aspect i think Aquarius is nicer
    3) the distance between blocks are quite far, a lot of privacy as compared to newer projects (Too near)
    4) Big carpark
    5) Blk 51 offers very nice pool and reservoir view.. night view was awesome
    6) Within 1KM from St Hildas
    7) Easy access to all the highway, really a breeze if you owns a car
    8) two units to a floor, really hard to come by coz most condos usually four to a floor. In addition, there are security gates to enter into the building, quite cool
    9) Nice quarry view too..
    10) Windy it seems to me.. (Owners, care to confirm?)

Cons
    1) REALLY UGLY ENTRANCE.. my hubby commented that the committee members ought be shot! Heard a lot of comments from my colleagues that Tropica has very ugly entrance too, not fitting of a condo.. =\ Could this be the reason why Tropica price is not comparable to those of Clearwater and Aquarius? Worried that if i buy, may not have good resale value
    2) No direct access to the reservoir
    3) Far from MRT station. BTW, is it true that there will be a MRT station near to Tropica (DTL 3)?

So confused and tiring, looking for a suitable house.

Default The Tropica

Read somewhere that there's gona be a MRT station at Quarry Park.. How true is this? if it is so, will definitely buy coz very convenient for my children when they are older and needs to travel to school by public transport.. Currently, tampines MRT station is too far and very stressful for parents to send kids to school all the time..

Any comments is greatly appreciated.

hi, most likely the 2 stations will be at the 2 ends of bedok town park come 2016 or later. you can scroll through the previous posts in this thread. cheerio.

Read somewhere that there's gona be a MRT station at Quarry Park.. How true is this? if it is so, will definitely buy coz very convenient for my children when they are older and needs to travel to school by public transport.. Currently, tampines MRT station is too far and very stressful for parents to send kids to school all the time..

Good choice!

haha, i love the reservoir ma..

think the official announcement of the DTL3 station will only be out after FEO launched the 4th waterfront project... Maybe early next year...

Hi Nobleboy,

Thanks for info. What is FEO? What has waterfront project got to do with MRT annoucement?

Just curious, is waterfront keel or project really worth buying? .. I dont think the reservoir view is that fantastic leh?

Actually quite interested in Clearwater also but the road noise is unbearable and i went to see one unit facing the road during sun set time (6.30pm), living room and master bedrm facing reservoir, nice view during sunset but it was oh so hot.. got a feeling living with the sun. Any comments on CW? Do you think the MRT plys through there as well?

Thanks for sharing.

blk 65 9th floor transacted 845k $689psf!

big difference in price between the good units and the low flr/west sun ones.

blk 65 9th floor transacted 845k $689psf!

big difference in price between the good units and the low flr/west sun ones.
    but you see the Livia tread:
    Whitewater, the 5-year-old EC in District 18 Pasir Ris has a nëw hïgh of $714 psf!

Whitewater
    Address ............................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
    23 Pasir Ris Street 72 #11-08 .... $714 psf .... 1,141 sqft .... $815,000 .... 29 Mar 10
    So our Tropica target should be $750 psf after our next door new new condo launch

i estimate about 780-800psf for 3br, if the economy is still in good shape.

but you see the Livia tread:
    Whitewater, the 5-year-old EC in District 18 Pasir Ris has a nëw hïgh of $714 psf!

Whitewater
    Address ............................... psf ............ Area ........... Price ......... Contract Date
    23 Pasir Ris Street 72 #11-08 .... $714 psf .... 1,141 sqft .... $815,000 .... 29 Mar 10
    So our Tropica target should be $750 psf after our next door new new condo launch

my caveat out liao $703psf.

THE TROPICA TAMPINES AVENUE 1 $840,000 1195 $703psf Apr-10

Congrats to ur purchase...I assume u have a gd reservoir view on the 1Xth flr?

The new project launch price beside it most likely to be around 900psf on average.

A good indicator will be the coming Waterfront Gold.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon, 4 May 2010 2.52 pm
    my caveat out liao $703psf.

THE TROPICA TAMPINES AVENUE 1 $840,000 1195 $703psf Apr-10
    Wow! Triple 1 man! Nice number leh!
    Congrats lah!

yesh! i byo so long for a high floor spectacular reservoir view unit liao.. haha..

waterfront collection reservoir view units are so prime that they're transacting at >900psf, so 700psf is still v undervalued imho.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Congrats to ur purchase...I assume u have a gd reservoir view on the 1Xth flr?

The new project launch price beside it most likely to be around 900psf on average.

A good indicator will be the coming Waterfront Gold.

yesh! i byo so long for a high floor spectacular reservoir view unit liao.. haha..

waterfront collection reservoir view units are so prime that they're transacting at >900psf, so 700psf is still v undervalued imho.
    i will not say ur purchase is undervalue now..If new projects launch lower perhaps at 700-800psf for reservoir view..den The Tropica owners goto

However, u will have a very good support for ur price soon when next door launch...nowadays developers can launch 6-7mths after they bot the land..

at 421ppr, sim lian's breakeven is 700psf liao, if they sell at 700-800psf for reservoir view units, the waterfront collection will dip bigtime.

anyway, i bought it for uwc rental yield which is now 4.5% even before uwc commences in aug.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i will not say ur purchase is undervalue now..If new projects launch lower perhaps at 700-800psf for reservoir view..den The Tropica owners goto

However, u will have a very good support for ur price soon when next door launch...nowadays developers can launch 6-7mths after they bot the land..