Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How will the launch of The Wharf Residence affect condo price in D9?

Default How will the launch of The Wharf Residence affect condo price in D9?

As you know, Capitaland is re-launching this project in the next few days. With a guide price of $1000+psf, will it adversly affect nearby D9 condo prices?

A few of my sellers at Rivergate are asking me this qns. Infact, just managed to convince one RG seller to cut loss
    and buy into this project since this has better upside in future.

If u are a RG seller what would u think or do?

If u are a potential RG buyer, will u look else where or
    buyer something better value like TWR(the wharf residence)?

Oh yeah D9 will collapse. You willl be able to buy Orchard Residence at $1000 psf by the end of the year. Scotts Road freehold, $1200 psf. Cairnhill $1100 psf. Nassim, $800 psf. Mount Emily $400 psf.

You can persuade investors of the above to cut loss also and buy into your Wharf for "greater potential upside" also! Ha hahaha

Happy?

KNNB fvcking CB agent talk. Really talk cock.
    Last edited by ahlahdin; 29-04-09 at 07:45.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerang
    As you know, Capitaland is re-launching this project in the next few days. With a guide price of $1000+psf, will it adversly affect nearby D9 condo prices?

A few of my sellers at Rivergate are asking me this qns. Infact, just managed to convince one RG seller to cut loss

It's like comparing the small apartment/condo in Telok Kurau with The Seaview. So what do you think ? I've recce the actual location for The Wharf. I don't like the place. Along a narrow Tong Whatt Rd, cramp, no view and near temple. All Fengshui masters will advise not to buy any house that faces or near to temple, church or mosque where people go there to pour out sorrows and ask for help. Not auspicious. So I don't think The Wharf selling price will affect RG at all.

Why sell Rivergate and buy the The Wharf?

Better value???? I think the latter is a poorer project.

The only reason i can think off is agent commission.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin

wah so angry ah ....

Quite a few RG are in negative equity esp those bought above 1500psf. Hold and wait for it to rise above 1500psf or sell and buy The Wharf which is reasonaly priced now?

Do agree The Wharf and RG not a gd comparison but given such opportunity is it wise?

really .... They are going to relaunch at 1000+psf?

I tot is 1200psf

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Oh yeah D9 will collapse. You willl be able to buy Orchard Residence at $1000 psf by the end of the year. Scotts Road freehold, $1200 psf. Cairnhill $1100 psf. Nassim, $800 psf. Mount Emily $400 psf.

You can persuade investors of the above to cut loss also and buy into your Wharf for "greater potential upside" also! Ha hahaha

Happy?

nice... i like it...

i've been to the showflat. this is a bullshit project - cramped roads, next to temple. Just another cock addition to the mohd sultan oversupply situation

If I'm a owner that bought a RG high during the peak. I will rather hold and take it as some form of saving for me. Wharf? What capital gain you can see from this kind of project? More cons then pros. Pai Seh, but we need this kind of projects that sucks to make RG stand out.

Quite a few RG are in negative equity esp those bought above 1500psf. Hold and wait for it to rise above 1500psf or sell and buy The Wharf which is reasonaly priced now?

Do agree The Wharf and RG not a gd comparison but given such opportunity is it wise?
    You assume that Wharf will go up in price.

If that is true, Wharf go up, RG also will go up.

So why would the investor sell RG and buy Wharf just to make the same amount in appreciation?

The only thing I can think of is: you dirty agent make both the investor's selling and buying commission.

SHAME ON YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    wah so angry ah ....
    I am angry too. Who is this Roger Ang. Does he think we are fools?

Very simple, if the wharf is so good, why sell at 1kpsf? A gd development selling at 1.5k psf will still find buyers so it can only mean that wharf is not a preferrd locatn in d9.

yup tis roger ang guy tryin to be funny...........talk nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Very simple, if the wharf is so good, why sell at 1kpsf? A gd development selling at 1.5k psf will still find buyers so it can only mean that wharf is not a preferrd locatn in d9.
    Good projects in this area cannot sell at 1.5k psf today, only at 1k. that means you guys who bought RG and the pier are staring at huge losses. Don't you get it?

I see we have a 11 to 1 anti Roger campaign here. Let me make it 12. It just does not make any sense AT ALL. All your anti Roger points are so valid. I heard that TWR is going to be relaunched at 1200 and not the 1000+ that he is saying. I have also been to the showflat. Same developer, similar unit sizes, especially the 2 bedrooms. BUT instead of river view, you get Aspen, Waterford or Robertson Edge view. Instead of big landscape and complete facilities, you get thin and short longkang pool.

Roger, people with say -200k negative equity cut loss, pay bank 200k then fork out another 200k to pay 20% deposit for TWR makes sense to you?!

He's even got his own T - Shirt : available at all good stores worldwide (idiot sold separately)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    I see we have a 11 to 1 anti Roger campaign here. Let me make it 12. It just does not make any sense AT ALL. All your anti Roger points are so valid. I heard that TWR is going to be relaunched at 1200 and not the 1000+ that he is saying. I have also been to the showflat. Same developer, similar unit sizes, especially the 2 bedrooms. BUT instead of river view, you get Aspen, Waterford or Robertson Edge view. Instead of big landscape and complete facilities, you get thin and short longkang pool.

Roger, people with say -200k negative equity cut loss, pay bank 200k then fork out another 200k to pay 20% deposit for TWR makes sense to you?!
    Some two bedders are advertised on propertyguru.com.sg for $920 psf. Just spoke to an agent, and he confirmed that many units on the 4th floor at selling at such prices.

show flat will be reopened tomorrow at 10am. so if you guys are so anti roger, go there and see for yourself.

Default worst is over

the worst is over for Singapore's economy, but a decisive rebound is not on the cards, said MAS on wednesday

press conference by two ministers going on now on the swine flu pandemic.. think better not pack showrooms and avoid crowded places ~

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    the worst is over for Singapore's economy, but a decisive rebound is not on the cards, said MAS on wednesday
    I dont know about that one, I guess time will tell.

btw
    -Towers are so close to each other, that you can see what the neighbour has on his plate for dinner.
    -finish?

It will be interesting to see, how it will do. I dont see anything "unique" about this development.

lol got a random spam sms saying that due to the overwhelming demand, developer postpone launch of TWR till next wk.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    lol got a random spam sms saying that due to the overwhelming demand, developer postpone launch of TWR till next wk.. lol
    showflat packed with agents ??

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Typical marketing gimmick. first you say you are going to slash price to get people excited. Then, you cancel the launch to next week, so that you can raise prices.

this kind of unethical marketing strategy should not be practiced by a developer mostly owned by the government.

oh yeah, the 4th floor..."4th floor" of blocks 7, 9 and 11 is the multi-storey carpark so they start numbering 1st floor above that for those blocks. 4th floor for block 15 is actually that block's lowest floor and same height as the carpark of the other 3 blocks. Maybe got carpark view? Wow, 920psf for carpark view seems cheap. Must buy! Btw, Only 3 units, grab or regret! Do I sound like Roger?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Some two bedders are advertised on propertyguru.com.sg for $920 psf. Just spoke to an agent, and he confirmed that many units on the 4th floor at selling at such prices.

show flat will be reopened tomorrow at 10am. so if you guys are so anti roger, go there and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    oh yeah, the 4th floor..."4th floor" of blocks 7, 9 and 11 is the multi-storey carpark so they start numbering 1st floor above that for those blocks. 4th floor for block 15 is actually that block's lowest floor and same height as the carpark of the other 3 blocks. Maybe got carpark view? Wow, 920psf for carpark view seems cheap. Must buy! Btw, Only 3 units, grab or regret! Do I sound like Roger?
    Have to agree with you. it is a typical capitaland marketing gimmick to get people into the showflat.

Anyway its only a guide price 1k up. Developer has the right to adjust upward depending on the respond. And so far the respond is very good. Lastest update is the launch will be postponed.

I think is a gd sign that D9 is still attractive to investors.

If developer wanted to increase price , they could alway do it instantly without delaying by a week. A week is a long time especially in this period of time. No body know whether the deadly Swine flu will be be here to visit us in next 1 or 2 weeks.

There is always 2 sides of the story. Could it be the response is not up to the expectation of the developer...????

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Typical marketing gimmick. first you say you are going to slash price to get people excited. Then, you cancel the launch to next week, so that you can raise prices.

this kind of unethical marketing strategy should not be practiced by a developer mostly owned by the government.

your agent colleagues must be dressing up as buyers to pack the showroom
    Anyway its only a guide price 1k up. Developer has the right to adjust upward depending on the respond. And so far the respond is very good. Lastest update is the launch will be postponed.

I think is a gd sign that D9 is still attractive to investors.

haha, tats huttons tactic when they about to launch The Arte@balestier, all agts queue overnight but first day only brisk sales....wats the hurry..