Thread: demand for 4 bedrooms

Default demand for 4 bedrooms

i was checking around district 5, namely pasir panjang and west coast ...on both rental and selling price for 4 bedrooms above 2000 sqft ...

seems like there arent many ...

there are many 4 bedders with 1500-1800 sqft

any idea from anyone here ...who have 4 bedrooms unit and are above 2000 sqft ? whats they rental demand ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i was checking around district 5, namely pasir panjang and west coast ...on both rental and selling price for 4 bedrooms above 2000 sqft ...

seems like there arent many ...

there are many 4 bedders with 1500-1800 sqft

any idea from anyone here ...who have 4 bedrooms unit and are above 2000 sqft ? whats they rental demand ?
    Not just in district 5. There are shortage of 4 bedder in Singapore, Whether above or below 2000sqft. If you have a unit that is 4 bedder, you can rent it out very easily.

a friend of mine has a 4 bedroom at pasir pajang 2100sqft thereabout, rented out for 6.1k

i have a penthouse (4 bedroom) at VP. Rented out for mid 6k.

hope the above is of use to you...

May I know why there is a demand for 4 bedder? thot the common ones will be 2/3 bedder? No wonder I am finding it hard to find my 3bed+1S or 4bedder too...

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    Not just in district 5. There are shortage of 4 bedder in Singapore, Whether above or below 2000sqft. If you have a unit that is 4 bedder, you can rent it out very easily.

a friend of mine has a 4 bedroom at pasir pajang 2100sqft thereabout, rented out for 6.1k

i have a penthouse (4 bedroom) at VP. Rented out for mid 6k.

hope the above is of use to you...
    i was helping a colleague who needed a 4 bedder as he has 2 kids and wanted a spare room incase there was visitors ...

well there are alot of 1400-1700 sqft 4 bedder .. but for 2000 sqft and bigger ..there are few .. we looked district 1-11 seriously not many 2000 sqft and bigger 4 bedder available ...

didnt check east side .. as they didnt like the east

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    May I know why there is a demand for 4 bedder? thot the common ones will be 2/3 bedder? No wonder I am finding it hard to find my 3bed+1S or 4bedder too...
    The demand for 4 bedrooms arises from a very simple economic issues.

1) 4 bedrooms are generally larger and requires a larger quantum when purchased. Hence many investors rather go for a lower quantum and get a 2 to 3 bedder for investments (ie renting out).

2) Penthouses, typically 4 bedder, but because they are considered "Penthouse" i find some owners asking for crazy rentals. If they are willing to let it go for rental of a 4 bedder, there wouldn't be any problems getting tenants.

That is why, the demand for 4 bedroom is high, but the supply side is low. many people have to resort to upping their budget to get a penthouse, or squeeze a bit and get a 3 bedder.

I suspect that is also why, the demand for The Arte was so high, because you get decent size 4 bedder that are not smaller than some penthouse and the location in all honesty is pretty okay.

Most of my properties are 2 to 3 bedder... i am fighting like crazy to get tenants... that is also why, some of them I'm renting out for a song... i rather get the cashflow than to keep them empty and fight with the rest of the crowd... afterall, rental is one thing... it is the capital gain that most of us are after anyway.

Don't lose the war because of one battle.. that is my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    The demand for 4 bedrooms arises from a very simple economic issues.

2) Penthouses, typically 4 bedder, but because they are considered "Penthouse" i find some owners asking for crazy rentals. If they are willing to let it go for rental of a 4 bedder, there wouldn't be any problems getting tenants.

That is why, the demand for 4 bedroom is high, but the supply side is low. many people have to resort to upping their budget to get a penthouse, or squeeze a bit and get a 3 bedder.
    Just cannot help to comment on your views about 4 bedders. Won't you be fried if it is a white elephant? In a typical development, the number of studios is similiar to the number of 4 bedders. And usually less to limit the supply. However, it is limited demand for 4 bedders both in rental and sale. What makes the matters worst is the high quantum.

It is also easier to find tenants for a small unit as compared to a 4 bedder. What makes you think that there won't be any problems getting tenants? The developers are not stupid, they have a good gauge of demand and will match the demand accordingly. That is why 4 bedders are always the least number of units in the development generally whereas you get the bulk of the supply at 3 bedders. Exceptions are for expansive development where the bulk are for studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Just cannot help to comment on your views about 4 bedders. Won't you be fried if it is a white elephant? In a typical development, the number of studios is similiar to the number of 4 bedders. And usually less to limit the supply. However, it is limited demand for 4 bedders both in rental and sale. What makes the matters worst is the high quantum.

It is also easier to find tenants for a small unit as compared to a 4 bedder. What makes you think that there won't be any problems getting tenants? The developers are not stupid, they have a good gauge of demand and will match the demand accordingly. That is why 4 bedders are always the least number of units in the development generally whereas you get the bulk of the supply at 3 bedders. Exceptions are for expansive development where the bulk are for studios.
    You are right... Studios are also very easy to rent out. The shortage in the market now is really studio and 4 bedder.

However, a point to note is this. If i am buying a place to stay, i cannot also put it out for rental.

IE, if i am buying for investments, there is a bigger chance that i would rather buy a studio since the quantum is way smaller than a 4 bedder.

However, if i got a big family, i don't have a choice, either i rent a 4 bedder or buy one and stay for myself.

hence the rental market for 4 bedder is still lesser than studios. But yes, you are right, studios (until the recent shoebox trends starts to emerge) are numbered about the same as 4 bedder. Just that there are still more studio for rental than 4 bedder.

cheers,