Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    go to www.streetsine.com, u can find the units with recent transactions there. Hope that helps! U buying Sterling? For investment? For daughter? or? haha - maybe we will see each other at a viewing!
    well, yea perhaps we have already met

we should hold firm till prices drop to 11XXpsf

im keeping to that, shall we all hold firm?

Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    well, yea perhaps we have already met

we should hold firm till prices drop to 11XXpsf

im keeping to that, shall we all hold firm?
    heh heh...some are already at 11xxpsf, if u know who to ask and what to do...

heh heh...some are already at 11xxpsf, if u know who to ask and what to do...
    bro sent u a pm already

lets share info (save time and effort)

not many ppl r selling at sterling

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    not many ppl r selling at sterling
    yup - and the only units that are selling have so many agents advertising at different prices that i have to ask them to confirm whether it is the same unit being sold...

the MRT being constructed next to the tennis court and the removal of the railway line next year has put most on the sidelines

yup - and the only units that are selling have so many agents advertising at different prices that i have to ask them to confirm whether it is the same unit being sold...

the MRT being constructed next to the tennis court and the removal of the railway line next year has put most on the sidelines
    yup u are right it has come to the sad stage where the buyers know more about hte unit than the agents

not uncommon to see 10 agents for 1 unit, really pity the agent

sometimes i wonder why the agent will want to do such a deal (asking price 200psf above last transaction), they should save their advert cost

Smile Thank you Spikey69

Great web site this streetsine.com, was able to find out much more than the ura page I was browsing to see how far my booked price was for a property I have just purchased few months back...Tks!

Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    Great web site this streetsine.com, was able to find out much more than the ura page I was browsing to see how far my booked price was for a property I have just purchased few months back...Tks!
    Knowledge is power! streetsine will even give u the unit number but you also need to find out how much the owner paid for the property so u have an indication of how much flexibility u have in negotiations

Don't let agents off the hook...they need to work for their commissions. If you unearth a great agent, keep him or her. I have an agent that has done my property transactions for me over the last few years...regardless of type of property because he is quick, efficient and trustworthy...

Default Sterling for rent

3+1 ground floor with patio 1,750 sf for rental at $6,000 monthly. If keen, pls email [email protected].

Thank you.

Default the sterling

Looking for an approximatley 1,500 sqft unit, non road facing.
    Please pm me if you do have a unit for sale.

vince,

try this kevin cher guy (see link) or prop guru. Sometimes classifieds comes up with a lone advert with a really good psf. I just otp a unit a few mths back.

http://thesterling.realtors.officelive.com/default.aspx

vince,

try this kevin cher guy (see link) or prop guru. Sometimes classifieds comes up with a lone advert with a really good psf. I just otp a unit a few mths back.

http://thesterling.realtors.officelive.com/default.aspx
    Tried! he noted he does not have any. Guess unit at this development is hard to come by.

got many units on sale...BUT cheap ones hard to come by

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    got many units on sale...BUT cheap ones hard to come by
    Agreed! i am looking for market price and not cheap buy . seems owners expectation are still high

Quote Originally Posted by vince.toh70
    Agreed! i am looking for market price and not cheap buy . seems owners expectation are still high

yup - there was one owner asking 1.98M that has been on the market for some time now for a 1517 sq ft unit. Quite nice layout because there is a junior master bedroom with ensuite. I made a $1.8M offer and then a $1.85M - over 1200 psf and then an offer of 1100+psf was accepted at another unit....saved a lot of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by vince.toh70
    In Nov, there was a caveat lodged for $1,202 psf for a 1518sqft unit. Price reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    In Nov, there was a caveat lodged for $1,202 psf for a 1518sqft unit. Price reasonable?

reasonable considering the high floor...a lot of residents are building in the MRT factor into their prices...even though the MRT station will only appear in 4 years time. But considering that Sterling is a FH with a MRT station at its doorstep (next to the tennis courts) and within walking distance to MGS, 1200 psf is a fair price.

If one is looking for rental yield, this is not the condo to look for at the moment, especially with all the construction nearby. If you are looking for cap appreciation in the medium term and en bloc potential in the long term, this would be a great place to park your $. Out of all the condos, it does not appear to be as crowded as blossomvale, maplewoods, king albert park, cascadia, garden vista or nexus. And being an older condo, it has enough car park space for two cars per unit and loads of potential area to build up, although the shape of the overall condo land is a bit odd (triangular).

But of course, I am a bit biased...

reasonable considering the high floor...a lot of residents are building in the MRT factor into their prices...even though the MRT station will only appear in 4 years time. But considering that Sterling is a FH with a MRT station at its doorstep (next to the tennis courts) and within walking distance to MGS, 1200 psf is a fair price.

If one is looking for rental yield, this is not the condo to look for at the moment, especially with all the construction nearby. If you are looking for cap appreciation in the medium term and en bloc potential in the long term, this would be a great place to park your $. Out of all the condos, it does not appear to be as crowded as blossomvale, maplewoods, king albert park, cascadia, garden vista or nexus. And being an older condo, it has enough car park space for two cars per unit and loads of potential area to build up, although the shape of the overall condo land is a bit odd (triangular).

But of course, I am a bit biased...

do agree with you. I think you did not factor in the KTM land. anyone do hear about the intention for KTM's plot of land?

wow still less than 1200psf...wonder why?

This is supposed to be CCR - issit because of the construction noise or being at crossroads?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

This is supposed to be CCR - issit because of the construction noise or being at crossroads?
    Well, it is because it is a hidden gem

Sterling actually becomes more attractive because of the decision on the KTM land. If you are planning for long term capital gain, sterling has tremendous potential besides MRT and MGS. Because the trains will no longer run along Sterling from next year, it becomes more attractive to stay. But if you factor in the current plot size of sterling coupled with the potential to annex future state land (ex KTM land) next to it plus its FH status immediately next to a MRT, the potential for capital appreciation is tremendous.

When I did the research on Sterling, Nexus, Blossomvale, Maplewoods, Garden Vista, Jardin, Mayfair Gardens, Cascadia, Floridian etc...sterling is indeed a 'sterling' purchase. FH condos next to MRTs are already a rarity...just look at the prices of 99LH condos next to MRTs....but as i said I am biased as I am going to stay here.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

This one in D21! OCR not Ccr
    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

dun like that leh, not CCR also RCR, not so far until OCR lah.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    This one in D21! OCR not Ccr

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    in the past .. its always D9/10 and D11/21

but i think people are have realised its D9/10, D11 AND D21

Sterling and the condos around the area are a good buy
    buy the chepeast unit and hang on for the ride

i eventually went for nexus as u pay slightly higher for a difference in QOL
    quality of living

my top choices (purely personal) are

1. nexus (modern, 4 years old very live-vable only slightly more ex or same as sterling

2. sterling (potential for enblock with new land available

3. maplewoods (Old and slightly run down but very popular...)

4. cascadia (new and reasonably priced

5. blossomvale (dont like it.. across the road, not bt address, prices already rising too close to its better neighbours, potential noise/contruction around the area if mayfair goes)

6. floridina/jardin (too high price.. benefits others but not itself)

Actually people starting to distinguish between D9 and D10 (real CCR) and D10 (fake CCR) and D11 (real CCR) and D11 (fake CCR).

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in the past .. its always D9/10 and D11/21

but i think people are have realised its D9/10, D11 AND D21

Ops, my mistake! Should be RCR, like Balestier, Kallang, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

2 more new deals! Benchmark is now at 1265 psf plus!

2 more new deals! Benchmark is now at 1265 psf plus!
    yea i think nowadays this region is 1200psf for all freehold projects new and old
    even blossomvale

of the opinion that the fair value now should be $1,300psf