Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    anyone looking at this condo lately...any indication of a do-able psf? seems like all the units have taken a step back to holding after the MRT station construction appeared right next to the tennis court and the railway track is supposed to disappear next year.
    i would think sterling is a good buy if it goes 11xx psf

for some strange reason, maple woods is holding up its value very well compared to newer units

can someone explain why THE NEXUS and TESSARINA despite being 10/6 years newer than maple seems to command the same or just slightly higher PSF?

what do you guys think of NEXUS and TESSARINA

maplewoods is run-down, gloomy, mosquito fested. pot holes appearing in the tiles and the car park has puddles of water 365/year

a number of sterling owners have withdrawn their units for sale and have put up residence on the sidelines to watch what happens as new potential buyers stream in after seeing the MRT at their doorstep AND after the govt announced that the railway would be removed...that means no more nuisance noise for those units in block 1001 and 1003 facing King Albert Park. I went to a viewing last weekend the cunning agent arranged for about 5 to 7 couples to view a unit with 5 agents AT THE SAME TIME...the unit was on 9th floor, blk 1001. Now asking for 1.98M when two mths ago, 1.8M could have sealed it.

Maplewoods is the next nearest condo to the MRT (other than Casa Esperanza). Still very popular with expats as it has its own expat community, supermarket and cafe.

Nexus prices seem to hold constant due to the crazy prices for Floridian, Jardin and Cascadia.

Not touching Tessarina with a ten foot pole...unless that ten foot pole can magically make my cars float away during flash floods.

Good luck to all those buying to put their daughters into MGS...already balloting two years ago at 1km...now with all these new condos...the chances will become even slimmer

so how abt casa esperanza? anyone has any opinions- very large units so very attractive to me but prices are too high..

too close to MRT is a strict NO NO
    in that aspect sterling can expect noise (not from train since its underground) but from masses of people utilising the MRT (school hours and wat not)

maple is a good location but it is run down and seriously people will start to notice the cracks soon (i cant believe pple think maple is a good place to stay)

blossomvale is over at dunearn with an entrace at sim darby to MRT
    might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

Nexus not many transactions, anyone knows why?

Tessarina is D10 but too far to walk (past tan chong etc...)

Cascadia/Flordian to pop up

Oversupply or simply a hot spot?

Quote Originally Posted by mamum
    so how abt casa esperanza? anyone has any opinions- very large units so very attractive to me but prices are too high..
    casa has nothing unique about it except it has large units
    facade wise -> plain jane

Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    in that aspect sterling can expect noise (not from train since its underground) but from masses of people utilising the MRT (school hours and wat not)

maple is a good location but it is run down and seriously people will start to notice the cracks soon (i cant believe pple think maple is a good place to stay)

might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

Very hard to find freehold property next to MRT nowadays...and if found, it will usually cost a bomb. Also, exclusivity is impt...no HDBs in the area, so there is some 'exclusiveness'.

Blossomvale is indeed a dark horse. Some units do have a private lift but it is on the other side of the road.

Nexus units are probably not going well because of all the construction from Floridian and the upcoming Cascadia. Who wants to stay in a condo surrounded by noisy construction sites (which tenant would want to stay there too?)

Very hard to find freehold property next to MRT nowadays...and if found, it will usually cost a bomb. Also, exclusivity is impt...no HDBs in the area, so there is some 'exclusiveness'.

Blossomvale is indeed a dark horse. Some units do have a private lift but it is on the other side of the road.

Nexus units are probably not going well because of all the construction from Floridian and the upcoming Cascadia. Who wants to stay in a condo surrounded by noisy construction sites (which tenant would want to stay there too?)
    Floridian is actually a nice project far better than cascadia, too bad about the pricing

Sterling looks interesting i must agree

anyone else looking around this area? from the poor response from cascadia i would expect prices to fall a little in the next 6 months as they have already

has prices already fallen? doesn't feel like it. i also feel floridian is a superior project to cascadia. but the combination of higher sq ft and higher psf makes cascadia significantly "more affordable".

tessarina is indeed a no-no thanks to the flood problem. Perhaps Nexus makes a good long term buy then since its lagging because of temporary factors (2 to 3 years more of construction at floridian?)

Floridian is actually a nice project far better than cascadia, too bad about the pricing

Sterling looks interesting i must agree

anyone else looking around this area? from the poor response from cascadia i would expect prices to fall a little in the next 6 months as they have already

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    has prices already fallen? doesn't feel like it. i also feel floridian is a superior project to cascadia. but the combination of higher sq ft and higher psf makes cascadia significantly "more affordable".

tessarina is indeed a no-no thanks to the flood problem. Perhaps Nexus makes a good long term buy then since its lagging because of temporary factors (2 to 3 years more of construction at floridian?)
    even after 3 years of construction (v long time 3 years not 3 months), NEXUS is surrounded by

1. bukit timah road (no, no)
    2. cascadia
    3. entrance of floridian

not ideal at all....

best facing is pool views but those are 3 br and above 1300 square feet

prices haven fallen if you have been aggressive enough to notice..
    units have not been sold for 2-3 months and owners are lettin up

even after 3 years of construction (v long time 3 years not 3 months), NEXUS is surrounded by

1. bukit timah road (no, no)
    2. cascadia
    3. entrance of floridian

not ideal at all....

best facing is pool views but those are 3 br and above 1300 square feet

prices haven fallen if you have been aggressive enough to notice..
    units have not been sold for 2-3 months and owners are lettin up
    Floridian is now transacting around $1350 psf, down from $1450 whilst Blossomvale, Maplewoods, Sterling and Nexus are about $1100 to $1250.

Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

Doesn't look too bad.

yup, he probably meant undervalued/greater potential and that's even before u mentioned the higher plot ratio. now, its an even darker horse.

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove

Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

Doesn't look too bad.

For Nexus, the outward units either face noisy Bukit Timah Road or Floridian construction at the back. The inward facing units face each other very closely....you can almost throw things into each other's house.

Personally, I like the interior layout of the 3+1 but the poor facings, small plot of land and cramming with Cascadia and Floridian............

Plain exterior, relatively poor facilities. Large units means you have to pay higher quantum but good location and relatively low number of units perhaps make it attractive for enbloc.

similar sentiments, its a pity because the interior layout for the 3+1 or even the 4 bedder are really quite alright!

Quote Originally Posted by mm63
    For Nexus, the outward units either face noisy Bukit Timah Road or Floridian construction at the back. The inward facing units face each other very closely....you can almost throw things into each other's house.

Personally, I like the interior layout of the 3+1 but the poor facings, small plot of land and cramming with Cascadia and Floridian............

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove

Doesn't look too bad.
    As agents will tell me, Blossomvale is Dunearn Road (hence should be cheaper) whereas the other condos across the road are BUKIT TIMAH if you care about such perceptions.

Most sellers have adjusted their asking prices upwards to $1200+psf from $1000+psf since the building of the MRT station

The bedrooms are quite big for the 3-rm units, which I like. They are generally bigger than condos across the road. High plot ratio is good for future enbloc

Bad points are lousy gym, no sheltered walkway from the visitors' carpark to the main blocks, dunearn road address etc.

Sorry, very new to all this.. hope someone can enlighten me...what does high plot ratio mean? large land size compared to number of units? ie not so crowded?

I notice blossomvale is 999leasehold. Does that equate to lower potential value than freehold?

Thanks

correct me if i am wrong as i am no expert either:

999 vs FH valuation difference is minimal or very slight. high plot ratio means upon en-bloc, it can be built higher or with more area and makes the existing plot of land more valuable.

Sorry, very new to all this.. hope someone can enlighten me...what does high plot ratio mean? large land size compared to number of units? ie not so crowded?

I notice blossomvale is 999leasehold. Does that equate to lower potential value than freehold?

Thanks

mayfair gardens appears to be another "dark horse" if you are looking at rental yield...some nicely reno-ed units

isn't that the one which has launched its en-bloc sale?

mayfair gardens appears to be another "dark horse" if you are looking at rental yield...some nicely reno-ed units

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    isn't that the one which has launched its en-bloc sale?
    it launched and then failed a couple of months ago...that's why so many units came on suddenly over the last two months

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2010/...apartment.html

on a separate note, market is really forgetful

when will we see the days when floridian actually transacted 1200psf
    the same prices 10 year old maple and sterling are asking now!

to summarise everyone views and mine

1. Maplewoods
    Old, badly maintained, low floors are gloomy and depressive. High floors are much better choice and also out of reach of mosquitos (hopefully)
    Good location, popular (dunno why), well contained

2. sterling
    old, ok maintained, selling point is MRT (but 4 years is still a long long long timeline)

3. NEXUS
    nothing to distinguish itself, no longer the new kid on the block
    white facade seems to blend in with cascadia and flordian
    the most cramped project with zero landscape
    No VIEW either BT road or CONSTRUCTION (bad bad bad bad)
    no selling point once cascadia/flordian is up
    plus point: nearer than tessarina and cascadia to MRT but still further than maple/sterling/blossomvale
    nexus will soon go to maplewoods prices or below (it has already done so for some units)

4. blossomvale
    dunearn road address, less pricey. May have future construction besdie it much like wat nexus is facing.
    plus: has entrance to MRT
    dark horse: nearer to MRT and very accessible than most people expect

5. cascadia
    bad location. plus point: still can walk to MRT and new while cheaper than floridian. Again no distinguishinig factor, looks like NEXUS looks like tessarina

6. floridian
    the best in the region, also the priciest
    good developer, good design, landscape, location

7. tesssarina
    only plus point : D10 and ok landscape
    location bad, floods...no need to say anymore, much more choices

my own view
    1. Flordian/sterling
    2. maplewoods
    3. blossomvale
    4. cascadia
    5. nexus and tessarina

would like to hear more views!

sterling prices down

latest caveats 1130 1130psf

down from 1290psf

sterling prices down

latest caveats 1130 1130psf

down from 1290psf
    which month and which unit?

Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed
    THE STERLING BUKIT TIMAH ROAD Condominium 1 1,630,000 1,442 Strata 1,130 May-10

Ok...got it...now need to check REALIS to see if it was blk 1001 or 1003, high floor or low

Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed
    THE STERLING BUKIT TIMAH ROAD Condominium 1 1,630,000 1,442 Strata 1,130 May-10

Ok...got it...now need to check REALIS to see if it was blk 1001 or 1003, high floor or low
    unit is #10-02, Block 1001 (the front block)...unit below #09-02 is asking for $1.98M for the same size

Fire sale?

unit is #10-02, Block 1001 (the front block)...unit below #09-02 is asking for $1.98M for the same size
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

frankly if you can get sterling at $1100 to $1130 psf now, it's a really good deal for the reasons articulated above...time to start hunting!

thanks for the info

are u able to share all the recent say 15 transaction details on sterling?
    pm or thru here?

thank you

yes prices have dropped but the units on sale at sterling are asking 1300psf, thats the reason why they are still unsold after 4 months

however, these sellers are in no real need to sell so they are unlikely to let go at 11XX psf

im waiting for the inevitable, for other sellers to pop up, ie Real Sellers who are able to deal at last transacted price

i wont say 11xx is a steal since just a few months back, its the normal price.... there are only a handful of 12XX psf (2-3?) most are in teh 10XX to 11XX psf range

once cascadia TOPs dec this year, rental will crash, lets see who will win this game (quite obvious, so no real rush to hunt now, now only got Fake Sellers)

thanks for the info

are u able to share all the recent say 15 transaction details on sterling?
    pm or thru here?

thank you

yes prices have dropped but the units on sale at sterling are asking 1300psf, thats the reason why they are still unsold after 4 months

however, these sellers are in no real need to sell so they are unlikely to let go at 11XX psf

im waiting for the inevitable, for other sellers to pop up, ie Real Sellers who are able to deal at last transacted price

i wont say 11xx is a steal since just a few months back, its the normal price.... there are only a handful of 12XX psf (2-3?) most are in teh 10XX to 11XX psf range

once cascadia TOPs dec this year, rental will crash, lets see who will win this game (quite obvious, so no real rush to hunt now, now only got Fake Sellers)
    go to www.streetsine.com, u can find the units with recent transactions there. Hope that helps! U buying Sterling? For investment? For daughter? or? haha - maybe we will see each other at a viewing!