Thread: Tiara, Melrose Park, Valley Park or The Cosmopolitan

Default Tiara, Melrose Park, Valley Park or The Cosmopolitan

With a budget of $1.5 mil for a 3-bedroom, which of the following : Tiara, Melrose Park, Valley Park of The Cosmopolitan is a better buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by browncow88
    With a budget of $1.5 mil for a 3-bedroom, which of the following : Tiara, Melrose Park, Valley Park of The Cosmopolitan is a better buy ?
    strange that no one wanted to reply to you ...

in my humble opinion ... Valley park is best ... maybe old ..but land is big .. location is superb .. space between blks are great ...

Default Wait...

I think you should wait until the price drops in Sept after the 3rd Quarter results are out. It's still too early now and owners are still holding out to sell at 2008 prices.

You may consider looking at Dhoby Ghout One (Oxley, Visioncrest, etc) or Newton (Park Infinia) area. For me, near to MRT is the best!!!

I like Viz@Holland since it's close to cheap and good food but someone died there and prices still so sky high... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99
    I think you should wait until the price drops in Sept after the 3rd Quarter results are out. It's still too early now and owners are still holding out to sell at 2008 prices.

You may consider looking at Dhoby Ghout One (Oxley, Visioncrest, etc) or Newton (Park Infinia) area. For me, near to MRT is the best!!!

I like Viz@Holland since it's close to cheap and good food but someone died there and prices still so sky high... sigh
    i havent seen any in Oxley ... but Visioncrest, other than near MRT ..really ntg fantastic .. front and back traffic ...

Park infinia, i saw during launch .. i also saw Lincoln modern ,,,and from inside looking out .. i realised how cramp that whole area would be and didnt buy any there ..no regrets still ..

Viz is not bad .. just dont buy 3rd flr lor ,,,thats where the body was found ... anyway Viz is tilt at an angle that nicely catch the traffic noise ... it is very noisy ... thats why developer gave very thick, almost double glazed window and sliding doors. .. VIZ still around 1100 psf ... think it was 900 in the 2007 ...

why dont you consider something on Holland Hill ? abit of walking .. but can walk to Holland V .. commonweath MRT .. hawker centre .. i think its not bad .. mostly old projects up there ..but decent size and location

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    strange that no one wanted to reply to you ...

in my humble opinion ... Valley park is best ... maybe old ..but land is big .. location is superb .. space between blks are great ...
    Vally Park abit old rite ?

You mentioned near MRT is the best, but Viz at Holland is nowhere near MRT...

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    You mentioned near MRT is the best, but Viz at Holland is nowhere near MRT...
    ahahaha

Viz is actually surrounded by MRT ..commonweath , farrrer and HollandV

close but not near ...have to walk lah

I have looked at all of the apartments mentioned. I like Valley Park the best. It's older, the units appear larger & the complex itself is spacious & well maintained. It's also just off the main road, hence no noise. Valley Park is also the most affordable - recent sales have been around the 800 psf range though it can go lower.

I just don't like Wheelock apartments - have looked at Seaview & Cosmopolitan.

Quote Originally Posted by browncow88
    Tiara is quite nice, but some fengshui master told me it suits only certain people Cosmo I nearly bought then stung by fact that maintenance fees are quite high anyway some views in the future would be blocked
    Melrose is doable but old, sama sama with Valley Park
    have you considered Park Infinia at WN? think its a good buy

Default leasehold vs freehold

thanks all for the constructive feedback.

another question - how do you view leasehold property in prime location specifically mera saga (right smack in the middle of holland village and next to MRT) versus a freehold development in the vicinity? thanks!

Valley Park is in D10 rite, not D9. Saw a unit the other day 1500+ sqft 3 rm asking reasonable psf but its low floor and not really direct pool view so have to give it a miss first.

What about Aspen Heights 999yrs Condo, D9 River Valley ? Any opinion on price, quality and the project ?

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    What about Aspen Heights 999yrs Condo, D9 River Valley ? Any opinion on price, quality and the project ?
    Great location. Some stacks have incredible views of Fort Canning & the city skyline. Perfect for rental to expats. Huge community of families. Wish the bedrooms are larger. It's hard to fit a king size bed into the master bedroom & still have space. Hear that the pool is going to be closed for 6 months for renovation.

Price declines are tricky to forecast because the building has gone through a few booms & busts. Imperial, right across the road, is still hovering at 1200 psf plus.

I would have considered this more seriously if only my bed would fit into the rooms(!)