Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trilight (D11, Freehold, Ho Bee)

funny. n based on wht u say, orchard area 2 use ur approach. all prices crash. u cross district 2 compare like tht leh. amk is 2 proxy overall prices.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i am telling you we can't compare like that. But I admit 3m+ for 3 bedder is out of budget for me. I'd rather get a 4 bedder elsewhere within prime.

you are obviously an amateur property buyer. going by market practice of solely focusing on psf. LOL. If you talk to the seasoned players, you will know that it is not their main consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Trilight's huge balcony is part of the look and design of the unit. It's something that I'd love to stay in if I have the $4m.

I think by the size of trilight, Ho Bee is trying to market this as something else. Those buying this project are not so calculative as "wasted balcony space" etc. I think it's trying to hit the luxury segment.
    You obviously have not worked out the floor area of Trilight's baywindows and planter area and air-con ledge. I measured the baywindow width of Trilight when I was there. It is nearly 2 feet from the window, the largest width I've ever seen.

But then again you could be an agent or at least someone who has much vested interest to see Triglight or over surrounding development sell many units @ high prices.

The 2300 sqft show flat unit feels like a 1700sq ft older aparment Cyan in Keng Chin road 1100 sqft on the other hand is very well designed.

Bid to stop re-routing of road rejected

A SPAT between two developers about the re-routing of an access road has gone all the way to the Court of Appeal.
    Both Pacific Rover and Yickvi Realty have condominium projects on adjoining parcels of land off Newton Road. But Yickvi had a right-of-way access road to its new 11-storey property that cut through Pacific Rover’s land.
    Pacific Rover, which had received planning permission to build two 30-storey residential units, wanted to optimise land usage and shift part of the access road nearer to the property’s boundary. Its condominium, called Trilight, is due to be completed in April 2011.
    Yickvi initially agreed to the request, provided the subterranean electric cables, pipes and other service installations beneath the road were shifted in line with the newly adjusted road.
    But talks broke down last year and the case went to the High Court, which ruled Yickvi could not object to the road shift as it would not cause a major inconvenience to the occupants of its building.
    Yickvi, through lawyers from Rajah & Tann, appealed to the highest court, which agreed with the earlier ruling but ordered Pacific Rover to make sure Yickvi had immediate access, whenever reasonably required, to maintain and repair the cables running under the original route.
    The Court of Appeal made clear the inconvenience caused by the realignment of the access road was not the real issue.
    Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong, in delivering the grounds on the court’s behalf, said: ‘First, because of the scarcity of land in Singapore, land should be allowed to be developed to its optimal potential as permitted by planning law and the claimant suffers no injury or inconvenience as a result.’
    He added that allowing the road shift would prevent further suits taking place and this was a second public benefit.
    Lawyers from Rodyk & Davidson, acting for Pacific Rovers, said the judgment was a landmark move as past cases showed a right-of-way cannot be changed without the consent of the party who held that right.
    Lawyer Ling Tien Wah said the court showed in this case that, in certain circumstances, the change could go ahead.
    ‘The court held the owner of the right could not stop the other party from realigning the right-of-way, provided it was advantageous to both parties,’ he said.
    DEVELOP LAND OPTIMALLY

‘Because of the scarcity of land in Singapore, land should be allowed to be developed to its optimal potential as permitted by planning law and the claimant suffers no injury or inconvenience as a result.’ -Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong
    Source : Straits Times – 29 Sep 2009
    Yes. Hobee refused to buy the small plot next to it because the owner asked for a lot of money. The owner then built a 11 story apartment. Not sure who is going to stay there since it will be engulfed by R@E, Trilight, Lviv and Setia. Hence Trilight needs to share a common driveway with 11th story by law.

If Hobee had bought the small plot, the land area would have been much larger. Right now, you will see that much of the land area @ Trilight is taken by the access road

not sure if i saw the floorplan correctly.... the 2bedders at >1000sqft don't have yard and utility room.

unlike the 3- and 4-bedders, the 2-bedders don't come with a rubbish chute....
    how nice of ho bee to help you decide what type of unit to buy based on the availability of rubbish chute within in the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    unlike the 3- and 4-bedders, the 2-bedders don't come with a rubbish chute....
    how nice of ho bee to help you decide what type of unit to buy based on the availability of rubbish chute within in the unit.
    Aiya. they didn't decide. they converted some 4 bedders into 2x 2bedders.

Hence must give up 1 rubbish chute. Otherwise must redesign, resubmit and reapprove everything.....

I'd rather get a 4 bedder elsewhere within prime.
    how 2 get prime a 4-bedder within prime =price of 2bedder trilight/newton1/RE?

overseas investors find this cheap. US$1200psf 4 prime district.
    tis makes difficult 4 locals like me 2 buy

I agree with you that Cyan's 2 bedder has a more efficient design. Quantum is about the same at 1.8m+ but psf is higher for Cyan. I quite like the idea that you can walk out onto the air-con ledge for Trilight and to dry your clothes there without being unsightly though.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    You obviously have not worked out the floor area of Trilight's baywindows and planter area and air-con ledge. I measured the baywindow width of Trilight when I was there. It is nearly 2 feet from the window, the largest width I've ever seen.

But then again you could be an agent or at least someone who has much vested interest to see Triglight or over surrounding development sell many units @ high prices.

The 2300 sqft show flat unit feels like a 1700sq ft older aparment Cyan in Keng Chin road 1100 sqft on the other hand is very well designed.

3m+ for 4 bedder? there are plenty of bargains around but of course, i am not going to tell you where it is. Do your own homework.

Price of 2 bedders is close to 1.8m for trilight/newton1/RE. Please read my sentences carefully, you keep misinterpreting the wrong things.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    how 2 get prime a 4-bedder within prime =price of 2bedder trilight/newton1/RE?

So far 20+ to 30+ units sold at Trilight. Mainly 2 bedders. As is the case with Cyan, agents outnumber buyers.

So far 20+ to 30+ units sold at Trilight. Mainly 2 bedders. As is the case with Cyan, agents outnumber buyers.
    Confirms my suspicion now is the best time to buy prime properties.

I agree with you that Cyan's 2 bedder has a more efficient design. Quantum is about the same at 1.8m+ but psf is higher for Cyan. I quite like the idea that you can walk out onto the air-con ledge for Trilight and to dry your clothes there without being unsightly though.
    How does this walk-in air-con ledge work? Isn't it dangerous for kids if it is accessible freely?

Price of 2 bedders is close to 1.8m for trilight/newton1/RE. Please read my sentences carefully, you keep misinterpreting the wrong things.
    2bedders =
    in novena askg close 2 $1.5m.
    balestier askg $1.3m
    orchard askg $1.9m
    amk askg $1.2m

why u c high psf 4 tis? i miss d boat bt ok in line wth property prices
    u compare on location 1st, then design.
    if like tat, old condos in prime district better becos no count d space of aircon space

Price of 2 bedders is close to 1.8m for trilight/newton1/RE.
    for trilight 2bds *start* at 1.8m. almost all higher floors are >2m.

andy: yes I know abt the large ledge/balcony/etc. you want to call it a $1700 psf 2300 sqft with "lots of waste of space", or a $2000 psf 1800sqft with "balcony given free" ? The reason I'm responding to you is that, it seems you already made up your mind to go in this area, and presumably ready/willing to take the current mkt level (1600 or 1800 is rhetoric), on this basis I urge u to consider Trilight over LS. Both will probably be "same price", even though LS may quote a higher psf. Ho Bee had the land at 900, he has plenty of margin to provide for quality architect/contractor/material; whereas LS land cost at 1500, even selling at 2000psf Koh Bro will have very little margin to spend on good supplies/material/contractors. It's just a matter of economics. My feeling.

However if you ask me on the merits of these projects on themselves, without the context that you are already receptive to the current level, I would had said both projects are incredibly overpriced. Trilight is now effectively 50% more than Newton One when it's launched. With this level, we are at 2007. STI is still struggling below 2700, Dubai is withdrawing all the pty investments. I feel it a bit premature to gun for this level yet. Unlike mass market, which is primarily supported by locals and high HDB resales, mid-high level are mainly supported by foreign buying (IMO). It looks a bit early now.

btw why u called me an agent ? I viewed the 4bd both at viva and trilight primarily for own stay. Just like some one said earlier, I felt I was priced out.

I measured the baywindow width of Trilight when I was there. It is nearly 2 feet from the window, the largest width I've ever seen.
    nice 2 build a place 2 sit on baywindow. or build part bed

i thought you went to the showflat? guess your agent missed pointing it out to you. its totally covered up with some metallic looking thing. safety is not a problem.

How does this walk-in air-con ledge work? Isn't it dangerous for kids if it is accessible freely?

i thought you went to the showflat? guess your agent missed pointing it out to you. its totally covered up with some metallic looking thing. safety is not a problem.
    Yes I did. Didn't understand if the aircon was inside the metallic looking thing or outside the metallic thingy which we cannot be thru

Pls explain if they split the aircon ledge to be half inside and half outside?

Quote Originally Posted by amk

However if you ask me on the merits of these projects on themselves, without the context that you are already receptive to the current level, I would had said both projects are incredibly overpriced. Trilight is now effectively 50% more than Newton One when it's launched. With this level, we are at 2007. STI is still struggling below 2700, Dubai is withdrawing all the pty investments. I feel it a bit premature to gun for this level yet. Unlike mass market, which is primarily supported by locals and high HDB resales, mid-high level are mainly supported by foreign buying (IMO). It looks a bit early now.

btw why u called me an agent ? I viewed the 4bd both at viva and trilight primarily for own stay. Just like some one said earlier, I felt I was priced out.
    Well I doubt you will find condo at N1 launched price of $1150psf during 2006. The reality is that even N1 is selling at 1650.

Trilight is not overpriced but the quantum is. That's why I want to see what LS has to offer. Also don't forget to look at Cyan and resale.

Yes I did. Didn't understand if the aircon was inside the metallic looking thing or outside the metallic thingy which we cannot be thru

Andy, looks like you are still looking around this area. Haven't you bought VIVA earlier? Thought that was a geat project in a great location? Pricing is bit lower than CYAN and Trilight.

Nope. At the showflat, the area outside the asian kitchen where the sliding door will be is the air-con ledge. All of the air-con ledge is within the metallic thing. you can look at the plans in the brochure and try to imagine.

The dumbest thing is this:
    The smallest 2 bedder at 1109sq ft (and having the smallest air-con ledge) is accessible by a sliding door BUT the washing machine is right at the other end of the kitchen.

The bigger 2 bedders at 1195sq ft and 1227sq ft have much bigger air-con ledges, yet, it shows up only as a window on the floor plans. I checked with the agent and he said that the developer will change it to a door but cannot confirm if its a bi-fold or sliding (too small an area to be practical) or some other form of door. Any other kind of door other than sliding would be inconvenient as the sink and the washing machine are on the 2 sides of that window.

So now they are caught, window deems the big air-con ledges useless and door will bring along many inconveniences as well.

how 2 buy if v continue 2 discuss abt prices back in 2006
    tough 2 make a call lookg at ur comments. get more confused. once u zoom in location its more gut feel. if i'm overseas investor where gt go into so much details like u all.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Andy, looks like you are still looking around this area. Haven't you bought VIVA earlier? Thought that was a geat project in a great location? Pricing is bit lower than CYAN and Trilight.
    Am looking but not necessary buying. Also looking to sell a resale but not sure if timing is right?

Am looking but not necessary buying. Also looking to sell a resale but not sure if timing is right?
    wht? u made d $$ n still thinking.
    no wonder i cant afford 2 buy if u keep moving d price.

The bigger 2 bedders at 1195sq ft and 1227sq ft have much bigger air-con ledges, yet, it shows up only as a window on the floor plans. I checked with the agent and he said that the developer will change it to a door but cannot confirm if its a bi-fold or sliding (too small an area to be practical) or some other form of door. Any other kind of door other than sliding would be inconvenient as the sink and the washing machine are on the 2 sides of that window.
    I don't understand why they have aircon ledge as big as the balcony for the 1195sqft. It's a 2bedder ....how many compressors do you need?
    Is the aircon ledge area to be used to dry your clothes as well.
    If so, you don't want any toddlers going past the sliding door

However you have certainly studied this very carefully. Are you buying?

Anyway most units have noon sun. Those that are not faces very busy Newton road. However the high floors should have good views

don't think i'll be buying. with sentiment at new launches cooling, i think more opportunities to buy in resale market could come next year. (sellers become more realistic).

1195? how about the killer 1227sq ft one. LOL. the aircon ledge can be used to dry clothes but doesn't seem likely if the window stays and not changed to doors for these 2 bigger 2 bedder designs.

Will need very high floors to get good views. I feel Newton One, Trilight, R@E and the upcoming L'viv are going to block one another.

you are very right about the road that is built for that 11 storey apartment block too. In the end, to maimise all the way to the boundary, they resorted to that big driveway, drop off point and road. huge wasted land area!

I don't understand why they have aircon ledge as big as the balcony for the 1195sqft. It's a 2bedder ....how many compressors do you need?
    Is the aircon ledge area to be used to dry your clothes as well.
    If so, you don't want any toddlers going past the sliding door

However you have certainly studied this very carefully. Are you buying?

Anyway most units have noon sun. Those that are not faces very busy Newton road. However the high floors should have good views

Published October 12, 2009

Ho Bee sells 36 units of its Trilight condo
    Majority of buyers, mainly S'poreans, opt for the 2-bedroom units

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

HO Bee Investment has sold 36 of the 60 units it previewed last Friday at its Trilight condo at Newton Road. The 30-storey freehold development is priced at an average of $1,650 psf.

The apartments released cost around $2-4 million per unit and Ho Bee did not offer interest absorption scheme, which was scrapped under the Sept 14 measures announced by the government to cool the private residential property market.
    Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua described the outcome as 'reasonable'.
    'We really could not ask for more, (with our preview) coming after the cooling measures,' he added.
    'We've sold 36 units, but there are many others who are interested and checking on their financials,' Mr Ong said.
    'This is not a normal shoebox apartment development,' he quipped, referring to the fact that Trilight does not have anything smaller than two-bedroom units, and even these are generously sized at between 1,109 sq ft and 1,227 sq ft.
    The flipside of this strategy of having decent-sized units is that the lumpsum price per apartment is sizeable. The cheapest two-bedder at Trilight costs $1.82 million. It is on the development's fifth floor (the lowest level in the 30-storey condo).
    Reflecting the fact that affordability remains an issue with buyers, the majority of Trilight's buyers picked up two-bedroom apartments. Twenty-six of the 32 two-bedders Ho Bee offered were taken up, along with eight of the 21 three-bedders and two of the seven four-bedroom apartments on offer.
    While two-bedders cost between $1.82 million and $2.2 million, the three-bedroom units are priced at $3.5-3.65 million and four-bedders at around $4 million each.
    Trilight's buyers were predominantly Singaporeans. Only three of the 36 units sold were bought by Singapore permanent residents.
    There was even a US tourist couple visiting Singapore that picked up a unit.
    As for the Singaporean buyers, Mr Ong said: 'They have private addresses, are generally over 40 years old, and discerning; they know what they want. They like the location - its proximity to Newton Hawker Centre and the MRT station.'
    Trilight, a 205-unit development, comprises two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments and three penthouses.
    The 60 units Ho Bee previewed last week did not include penthouses. Each unit in the development has a private lift.
    The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and DTZ.
    Ho Bee is developing Trilight on the former Elmira Heights site, at the highest point in the Newton area.

Rather disappointed with the facilities. Any one count how many deck chair can be placed at the pool side for the 200 units project?
    how much space u can have to stroll after dinner?

"Ho Bee executive director Ong Chong Hua described the outcome as 'reasonable'." <---meaning, our sales suck.

"Trilight's buyers were predominantly Singaporeans. Only three of the 36 units sold were bought by Singapore permanent residents.
    There was even a US tourist couple visiting Singapore that picked up a unit." <---meaning, foreigners are not buying this project.

"As for the Singaporean buyers, Mr Ong said: 'They have private addresses, are generally over 40 years old, and discerning; they know what they want. They like the location - its proximity to Newton Hawker Centre and the MRT station.'" <---local buyers pay so much just to be near newton hawker centre and mrt station? if that's the case, they are better off buying heartland. This Ho Bee spokesperson doesn't know what he is talking about.

can stroll on the road leading to the driveway, that's the largest plot of "facilities" if you exclude the pool. LOL. As Andy pointed out, as though the plot of land is not small enough, so much of it had to go to the road and the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Rather disappointed with the facilities. Any one count how many deck chair can be placed at the pool side for the 200 units project?
    how much space u can have to stroll after dinner?