Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trilight (D11, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    '

Waiting for more details but my guess it should have more than 205lots for the 205 units, probably 20% to 30% more.

Why are lots important?
    More lots available good mah... visitors can all park inside. ever went to friend's place for event, the guard direct us to park outside along the small road illegally cos not enuff space inside.

Last time stay in one condo before, many owners got 2 or 3 cars, but lucky still have many available lots left for my 'lao po car'.

Just got this. Indicative price starts at $1700psf and going up $1900

Good buy vs nearby projects?

Just got this. Indicative price starts at $1700psf and going up $1900

Good buy vs nearby projects?
    R u referring 2 nearby new or completed projects.
    If new, why? D/p sunk in wth no return for nxt 2 yrs, bt upside on capital appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    R u referring 2 nearby new or completed projects.
    If new, why? D/p sunk in wth no return for nxt 2 yrs, bt upside on capital appreciation.
    I'm referring to both new and/or completed projects in the same area.

Yes, new means you pay 20% cash. Yes you forfeit 0.45% of interest on the 20% cash and also pay interest on the incremental 45% loan over 2 years. Upside is capital appreciation and higher rental yield upon TOP compared to completed properties now.

Trilight vs VIVA - Which is a better buy?

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Trilight vs VIVA - Which is a better buy?
    No, not again.

There is the usual Newton die-hards camp and then the Novena camp.

I think the question should be Viva versus Lincoln Suites or R@E vs Trilight

I'm referring to both new and/or completed projects in the same area.

Yes, new means you pay 20% cash. Yes you forfeit 0.45% of interest on the 20% cash and also pay interest on the incremental 45% loan over 2 years. Upside is capital appreciation and higher rental yield upon TOP compared to completed properties now.
    bt i saw comment tht in general prices drop below developers price whn project TOP. i/o capital appreciation, we c capital depreciation.
    n banks drop financing %.

Existing project give immediate rental yield. Wld it b better under current mkt. or wait

US 2 announce its stats data in next 2 wks. bad news in west gd 4 east. tht shld push up prices in dis region.

bt i saw comment tht in general prices drop below developers price whn project TOP. i/o capital appreciation, we c capital depreciation.
    n banks drop financing %.
    Whoever gave you the idea. Like that all those 10,000 people snapping up new units must be stupid since they should just wait for the price to drop before TOP. Just check out Pavilon 11 how much it has gone up from developer's sale. It's entirely dependent on timing of market lah...

Existing project give immediate rental yield. Wld it b better under current mkt. or wait

US 2 announce its stats data in next 2 wks. bad news in west gd 4 east. tht shld push up prices in dis region.
    Of course lah. You take 80% loan and you need the rental to cover the interest to the bank. For resale if you get a good buy then don't need to wait. But I would get a tenanted unit preferably a new lease.

[quote=andy]Whoever gave you the idea. Like that all those 10,000 people snapping up new units must be stupid since they should just wait for the price to drop before TOP. Just check out Pavilon 11 how much it has gone up from developer's sale. It's entirely dependent on timing of market lah...[quote]

u contradict. as u mentioned depends on timing. evry1 knows timing enter mkt impt.
    U c more property n do alot research n ask alot of questions.
    10000 flippers/buy 2 stay? theory may b right if project has flippers. at lauunch, they dun care units facing. impt 2 c buyer's profile whn go showroom

historically, no project in SG, prices drop below developers' price on TOP. cant b Queens
    hehe he. now timing in/out? u must say depends? how can. it must b Y/N. i say Y 2 buy. banks ok 2 lend. if they no lend, mkt soft

historically, no project in SG, prices drop below developers' price on TOP. cant b Queens
    hehe he. now timing in/out? u must say depends? how can. it must b Y/N. i say Y 2 buy. banks ok 2 lend. if they no lend, mkt soft
    Are you real or you can predict the future?

What kind of logic is that if bank ok to lead then it is good time to buy? Do you know how the bank work?

preview sales started already. u guys should all go and have a look since showflat is ready now.
    no need to debate diff between this part of newton and that part of novena. Nobody buys this part of newton for "convenience". The market is just like that. Historically this side of newton rd is always higher than the other side of newton. maybe more "exclusive" ? I dun know.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    preview sales started already. u guys should all go and have a look since showflat is ready now.
    no need to debate diff between this part of newton and that part of novena. Nobody buys this part of newton for "convenience". The market is just like that. Historically this side of newton rd is always higher than the other side of newton. maybe more "exclusive" ? I dun know.
    Anyone can go see showflat? comment on quality of finishes?

Are you real or you can predict the future?

What kind of logic is that if bank ok to lead then it is good time to buy? Do you know how the bank work?
    bank's liquidity. consumer bank opens up all buyers can borrow. prices increases demand.

investor borrows more. unless u r type who puts alot of $$$d/p.

u i'm think can predict future from ur comments 2 all. forum is 2 share.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

To me, all are in novena!
    The so-called Newton camp group has regarded R@E, Trilight etc as Newton condo but they are not.

The real Newton is Cairnhill, scott rd etc. in District 9 n Novena in District 11...

No, not again.

Last edited by teddybear; 04-10-09 at 13:11.

u i'm think can predict future from ur comments 2 all. forum is 2 share.
    Don't understand your English? You mean I can predict the future? No no one can. You made a statement that prices will always drop after TOP. How do you know? Pls give us some evidence so that we all can wait for TOPs to buy cheap units. According to you Newton1 must be cheaper now then before TOP?
    bank's liquidity. consumer bank opens up all buyers can borrow. prices increases demand.
    investor borrows more. unless u r type who puts alot of $$$d/p.
    Banks are willing to lend because they can collect interest lah. They just need to protect themselves that if buyer goes bankrupt, they can still auction the property @ 80% of the purchase price so that they don't lose money. When mkt goes up, bank's valuation goes north and hence it seems they are willing to lend more. When market goes down after the buyer has bought, some banks will ask for margin calls

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The so-called Newton camp group has regarded R@E, Trilight etc as Newton condo but they are not.

The real Newton is Cairnhill, scott rd etc. in District 9 n Novena in District 11...
    Interesting let's put some numbers into this debate.
    "Real Newton"
    Scotts 28: $1875
    The Hamilton Scotts: $3000
    Scotts Highpark: $1925
    Vida: $2275
    Orchard Scotts: $2790

"wannabe Newton"
    Newton 1: $1595
    R@E : $1580
    Triglight : estimated $1800
    Setia : $1733
    Miro: $1573

Hm... I have to give this hypothesis some more thought
    However I've noticed that in quite a few instances that there seems to be huge $psf differences between developments diagonally across a junction.

This is not hypothesis...
    URA has clearly defined the boundary between Novena and Newton...
    Still, some people ignores this boundary and upgrades some part of the Novena to Newton level.. ..
    hahah......
    Let's face it... Novena can only fetch Novena price and there is no way to be on par with Newton..
    If you are talking about Novena area, I will prefer the condos near United square and MRT over the condo near newton circle due to the amenities and conveniences even though the later is closer to Scott rd considering that both areas are fetching about the same price..

Interesting let's put some numbers into this debate.
    "Real Newton"
    Scotts 28: $1875
    The Hamilton Scotts: $3000
    Scotts Highpark: $1925
    Vida: $2275
    Orchard Scotts: $2790

"wannabe Newton"
    Newton 1: $1595
    R@E : $1580
    Triglight : estimated $1800
    Setia : $1733
    Miro: $1573

Hm... I have to give this hypothesis some more thought
    However I've noticed that in quite a few instances that there seems to be huge $psf differences between developments diagonally across a junction.
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-10-09 at 14:25.

This is not hypothesis...
    URA has clearly defined the boundary between Novena and Newton...
    Still, some people ignores this boundary and upgrades some part of the Novena to Newton level.. ..
    hahah......
    Let's face it... Novena can only fetch Novena price and there is no way to be on par with Newton..
    If you are talking about Novena area, I will prefer the condos near United square and MRT over the condo near newton circle due to the amenities and conveniences even though the later is closer to Scott rd considering that both areas are fetching about the same price..
    Ok lah no need to tell us what's your preference. We oredi know....

So you don't think Trilight will sell well?

Although for Soliel sitting next to the MRT, it has really be sold down.

Can't compare Trilight with Soliel - one is FH and the other is 99LH - they are at different scale!
    Due to LH, Soleil will definitely depreciate as time goes by..
    Should compare Trilight with VIVA ....
    Now that the sentiment is even better than 2-3 months ago during launching of VIVA and hence may fetch a slighly better price. If two projects are launching at the same time, I believed VIVA can sell better...

My guess is that Trilight 2 BR will be snatched up very quickly and left with big units. They may quote a lower psf for big units in order to sell big units...

Ok lah no need to tell us what's your preference. We oredi know....

So you don't think Trilight will sell well?

Although for Soliel sitting next to the MRT, it has really be sold down.
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-10-09 at 15:13.

[quote=teddybear]
    /[quote]

Then the same applies to Ion Orchard also?

[quote=andy][quote=teddybear]
    /

Then the same applies to Ion Orchard also?
    Theoretically, yes. Especially, when the lease is reduced substantially over time. However, sometimes location overides. So it all depends on demand and supply and the attraction of the development.!

Alamat, Orchard residences depreciate too! the last transacted prices are also < the price at the peak

Alamat, Orchard residences depreciate too! the last transacted prices are also < the price at the peak
    Aiya.. which development has transacted prices higher than last peak?

Have lah. E.g. Kovan Melody?

Aiya.. which development has transacted prices higher than last peak?

"sentiment is even better than 2-3 months ago"??? i think you better check with agents on the ground. My agents are telling me sentiments are a lot worse. Paying 1800psf*1109sq ft ie 2m for a 2 bedder at Trilight does not make much sense to me. Huge Balcony, air-con ledge and bay windows all round the bedroom windows. They even have larger 1195sq ft and 1227sq ft versions with a planter and a giant air con ledge thrown in! I do not think this kind of 2 bedders can sell out at all.

Can't compare Trilight with Soliel - one is FH and the other is 99LH - they are at different scale!
    Should compare Trilight with VIVA ....
    Now that the sentiment is even better than 2-3 months ago during launching of VIVA and hence may fetch a slighly better price. If two projects are launching at the same time, I believed VIVA can sell better...

My guess is that Trilight 2 BR will be snatched up very quickly and left with big units. They may quote a lower psf for big units in order to sell big units...

No, not again.

Haha ... this forum is so funny ...

We have "Balestier" people trying to be "Novena"; and "Novena" trying to be "Newton"; then "Newton" trying to be "Orchard Road".

I don't think the Cairnhill people would like to be associated with "Newton". They would probably consider themselves to be "Orchard Road".

Regardless of the official classification by the government, people have their own "classifications", which differ from person to person.

For example, the government considers Serangoon Gardens to be a "middle-class" residential estate; but I doubt the Serangoon Gardens people consider themselves the same "class" as HDB.

Read this very funny article in the New Paper:

September 14, 2008
    S M Ong

If Serangoon Gardens is 'middle-class', what am I?

I was watching the news on TV the other night about how plans to turn the former Serangoon Gardens Technical School into a hostel for foreign workers were creating "an uproar in the middle-class estate".

I was deeply upset by the report. And it was not because of the undercurrent of racism and xenophobia.

I noticed the residents in Serangoon Gardens all seem to be living in private homes, ie "ang moh chu". And they're considered "middle-class"?

I live in an HDB flat, so does that make me - gasp - "lower-class"? The horror!

I feel faint. Quick, someone get me some water! And make sure it's Evian. None of that generic crap. I am not lower-class!

And then I realise "lower class" doesn't necessarily mean "low class".

Whew. That was close. I'm OK now, thanks.

You know who I feel sorry for? People who live in condos.

Here they are, paying so much more for their homes than HDB flat owners, but because they don't live in a private estate like Serangoon Gardens, they're not even "middle-class". Ha! Suckers.

My apologies for calling condo owners suckers.

Where's my Evian!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Haha ... this forum is so funny ...

We have "Balestier" people trying to be "Novena"; and "Novena" trying to be "Newton"; then "Newton" trying to be "Orchard Road".

I don't think the Cairnhill people would like to be associated with "Newton". They would probably consider themselves to be "Orchard Road".

Regardless of the official classification by the government, people have their own "classifications", which differ from person to person.

For example, the government considers Serangoon Gardens to be a "middle-class" residential estate; but I doubt the Serangoon Gardens people consider themselves the same "class" as HDB.

Read this very funny article in the New Paper:
    What's your point funny guy?

Fact of the matter is that Spore is a small tiny dot and is undergoing transformation @ such frantic rate. Just look at HongKong's luxury apartments in the once-unglamorous Kowloon district have suddenly become some of the most expensive properties on the planet

It is going to be game-changing

It used to be which district and then which part of the road that determines pricing.

Now it is which side of the road and which junction of the road the development is facing. Go check the difference in pricing between Newton One and Orchard Scotts less than 100 meters apart

Heard that this project is going to be launched for sale soon, indicative pricing is $1650 - 1800+ psf.

I seroiusly doubt it is $1,650 psf.

However, if there are decent units at $1,750 psf, pls drop me a message.

DKSG

Heard that this project is going to be launched for sale soon, indicative pricing is $1650 - 1800+ psf.

Still now high level properties like Orchard residences have not started to be recovered yet. But condos like Kovan melody which is in sub-urban area, they have been up much recently.

When high level properties had been up almost 50
    % increased in whole of yeatr 2007, mid-tier(sub-urban) properties couldn`t have been up so much comparing to high level ones.
    In 2008, due to finance turnmoil, hdb and mass market condos started to be raised due to relocation of liquidity of money from high level, but still mid-tier condos weren`t affected.
    I have predicted that once the sign of recovery started, condos in mid-tier would be mostly increased, since the price gap between high level and mid-tier is so wide, but mass market & mid-tier was so narrow, and so fastly it turned out exactly same with my thought.

Not every condo price is increasing at the same time.

So cannot compare Orchard residence price and kovan melody price at this stage, with just only reason that they are both leasehold.