Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trilight (D11, Freehold, Ho Bee)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Check internet? You might as well rely on the developer's location map . You try swimming across the big lokang and then fly over the Newton Circus in order to travel in a straight line to Newton MRT station (which then will yield you a shorter distance)?

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    Huh. i walked fm park infinia 2 novena mrt.
    damn far le. underpass so long.
    hv u walked b4 or not? i checked internet, shorter distance 2 walk 2 newton mrt fm park infinia.
    novena square same like other cap shppng mall.
    i dun understand ur comments.

Close enough to know that surrounding areas very well.

Quote Originally Posted by chenjdd
    wow, tks, do you stay near there?
    i am watching google map, now i see, it will be a long walking distance...crossing newton circle is shortest way but seems unlikely given heavy traffic

maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls.
    urcomments more logic.

maybe they want to show Newton MRT for prestige, but also Novena for convenience/eateries/shopping malls. As per google (measured in strait line), it is about 250m away from Newton MRT but 720m away from Novena MRT, so walking to Novena nearby malls is still possible but a bit far in Singaporean standard.
    I've seen unit plan sent by agent, many 2-bedder units, however 3-bedder units are super big, at least 2099sf, with huge balcony, bay windows, 3 toilets and so on, i wonder quantum will be high.
    I lived very close to Trilight before. You can walk to UnitedSquare or Novena for a bit of a stroll & exercise but if you have a few shopping bags, you need to drive. Also small children cannot walk along the footpath as some parts are quite narrow.

Trying to get a park in USQ or NSQ is a pain in the neck.

Walking to Newton MRT is also a pain from Trilight. Sometime see many people crossing illegally along Newton Circus which is pretty dangerous.

Still always keen to see what HoBee has come up with. Don't think it will be cheap.

Can you PM agent who can send plan?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I lived very close to Trilight before. You can walk to UnitedSquare or Novena for a bit of a stroll & exercise but if you have a few shopping bags, you need to drive. Also small children cannot walk along the footpath as some parts are quite narrow.

Walking to Newton MRT is also a pain from Trilight. Sometime see many people crossing illegally along Newton Circus which is pretty dangerous.

Still always keen to see what HoBee has come up with. Don't think it will be cheap.

if i am not wrong it is quite a walk to novena / newton mrt ..

to me .. nothing fantastic about it .. neither here nor there ...

wht teddy commnted? only novena condos good 2 buy.
    tdy drove by....alot projects coming up..park infinia side..n also across big drain.
    amaryville nt bad...for psf. wow novena alot projects.
    better c clearly b4 jump.

tdy drove by....alot projects coming up..park infinia side..n also across big drain.
    It's really up to you. If you like area both are ok. For own stay I prefer Balmoral since also the same price & even more secluded, private and no noise, no dust from Newton and Bukit Timah.. can even hear birds. Trilight and former Gilstead View will be building soon. So own stay near these development must think twice.

Saw a penthouse in Amaryville. Views are sxxx even from high floor. Would not touch anything directly opposite Trilight e.g., Miro, Rochelle.

PI side surprisingly very nice and quiet at night But once Lucida, Viva, Lincoln Suites are done the whole area can be quite nice. Expect more amenties in Novena to cater for these residence nearby.

For investment, must be 100% new...i.e., untouched. TOP already too late.

Did you miss the launches around there Andy? Where abouts do you put up now? There are still lots of new and untouched investment vehicles in the area which you can get straight from the developer.

I always look forward to what Ho Bee comes up with, have quite a bit of faith in their projects. I think Tri will be very expensive - 1800 seems more than likely, and I think the smallest units will be higher than that...

The entire stretch from Newton up to Novena/balestier seems to be undergoing modernisation at an impossibly fast pace - the sheer number of new developments in the area is staggering.
    Have you met my more successful sibling 'Super Potato'?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if i am not wrong it is quite a walk to novena / newton mrt ..

to me .. nothing fantastic about it .. neither here nor there ...
    Well it is next to R@E so about the same distance to Newton MRT as R@E. Further to Novena MRT

Adverts are out today. Do you have any floor & site plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Leek
    Did you miss the launches around there Andy? Where abouts do you put up now? There are still lots of new and untouched investment vehicles in the area which you can get straight from the developer.

I always look forward to what Ho Bee comes up with, have quite a bit of faith in their projects. I think Tri will be very expensive - 1800 seems more than likely, and I think the smallest units will be higher than that...

The entire stretch from Newton up to Novena/balestier seems to be undergoing modernisation at an impossibly fast pace - the sheer number of new developments in the area is staggering.
    Where are the new launches in that area?

Yes. I expect more development from around Novena/Balestier than the Scotts/Newton area. In the past, I have under estimated the value of cluster development and the aggregrate impact it can have on the value of the residential development

Trilight and former Gilstead View will be building soon. So own stay near these development must think twice.

PI side surprisingly very nice and quiet at night But once Lucida, Viva, Lincoln Suites are done the whole area can be quite nice. Expect more amenties in Novena to cater for these residence nearby.

For investment, must be 100% new...i.e., untouched. TOP already too late.
    PI side also need 2 think think becos lucida viva all going 2 b constructed.
    tis area noisy next 3 yrs same like trilight side also. ur comments not right

agent at balestier project told me. 2 many flippers in projects ard novena.
    let them suffer 1st. at least i buy cheaper than neighbors. thks

projects TOP sometimes gd deal becos buyers panic. they nd to pay developers. n dont know now new launches give gd materials. show showroom only developer cut cost..

projects TOP sometimes gd deal becos buyers panic. they nd to pay developers. n dont know now new launches give gd materials. show showroom only developer cut cost..
    Grow up. That's right, buyers "panic" because Spore property depreciates after TOP. Only the land appreciates. it's location, location, location

Don't need to put words I didn't say into my mouth lah. Forumers have eyes to see who saying what. I only say Novena area condos better buy vs Newton area condos because Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries. May be that is why Newton condo launching like Trilight have to show location map as though so close to Novena MRT and the 3 Novena shopping malls?
    Obviously Novena even if better than Newton cannot be compared to those around Orchard MRT. That is a fact. Better than those twisters

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Don't need to put words I didn't say into my mouth lah. Forumers have eyes to see who saying what. I only say Novena area condos better buy vs Newton area condos because Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries. May be that is why Newton condo launching like Trilight have to show location map as though so close to Novena MRT and the 3 Novena shopping malls?
    Obviously Novena even if better than Newton cannot be compared to those around Orchard MRT. That is a fact. Better than those twisters
    ur comments Novena area condos also better than Balmoral area condos?

if i ask developer, they will show as many mrts in their map.
    correct/not?

May be that is why Newton condo launching like Trilight have to show location map as though so close to Novena MRT and the 3 Novena shopping malls?

[quote=teddybear]Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries/quote]

newton circus not eateries place?
    dmonddd commented scotts highpark so high price. huh i checked internet - surrounded by bldg. not much view

Have lah, a hawker centre with no air-con and yet a few prawns costs >$100 type. Scare scare! I don't recommend lah.

[quote=richie$$$]
    Newton MRT surrounding area is a dead-town with no shopping & eateries/quote]

newton circus not eateries place?
    dmonddd commented scotts highpark so high price. huh i checked internet - surrounded by bldg. not much view

Have lah, a hawker centre with no air-con and yet a few prawns costs >$100 type. Scare scare! I don't recommend lah.
    That's why Newton is more expensive than Novena ... it is nearer to the the Ang Mos who can afford to pay >$100 for prawns.

Hence in the same token they can also afford to pay more for condo rentals.

The Ang Mos' "ancestral homeland" is in Orchard Road. That's why there is a downward price gradient along Scotts Road from ION Orchard towards Novena.

To people who can afford to stay in Scotts Highpark, I don't think MRT is an important consideration.

I remember one of them came in by private jet with his private banker to purchase a unit, and then flew off again.

Not true lah, the Ang Mos kick up such a big fuss and complain to STB etc and go on Newspapers big big. You thought Ang Mos so stupid mah? Eat at Hawker Centre with no air-con and pay a price more expensive than air-con up-market restaurant? Scotts Highpark? Most of the richest now beside Ion in Orchard Residences or Marq@Paterson at >$5k psf.
    Based on your analogy that closer to Orchard & City Centre should be more expensive, Geylang should be selling at >$1400 psf (must be much more than places like Hundred Trees, Meadows@Pierce, Optima etc).

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    That's why Newton is more expensive than Novena ... it is nearer to the the Ang Mos who can afford to pay >$100 for prawns.

The Ang Mos' "ancestral homeland" is in Orchard Road. That's why there is a downward price gradient along Scotts Road from ION Orchard towards Novena.

To people who can afford to stay in Scotts Highpark, I don't think MRT is an important consideration.

I remember one of them came in by private jet with his private banker to purchase a unit, and then flew off again.

Believe eventually, developments in the Novena vicinity will be more expensive than those in the Newton area for the simple reason that there are more amenities(= greater convenience) coming up there than Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Don't know if anyone ever tried to get from R@E or Trilight to Newton Hawker Centre. First you have to cross the one-way Dunearn Road going to Little India. You go across the big "longkang" and then cross the other part of Bukit Timah road. Then you walk across the green muddy fields to the Newton MRT. After that you take the escalator down to go across the otherside of the Scotts Road. Once you reach the top of Scotts road, you walk some meters down to Clemenceau Ave to an overhead bridge. Finally after 10 or 15 minutes you work up such a good appetite to reach the Newton Hawker Centre.

Of course you can risk life and limb to negotiate the Newton Circus illegally. Never seen an AngMoh do that though.

Usually easier to walk to Novena to have free airconditioning...also not much further the other way

Finally got the floorplans for Trilight. There seems to be a few good stacks that does not have direct noon sun. The layout is pretty good but I noticed the huge balcony and planters areas and baywindows.

Those with a view facing Newton Road and high floors should have nice city views. There is a column in the balcony again.

Other concern is whether the Istana is in the way of the city views

Don't know if anyone ever tried to get from R@E or Trilight to Newton Hawker Centre. First you have to cross the one-way Dunearn Road going to Little India. You go across the big "longkang" and then cross the other part of Bukit Timah road. Then you walk across the green muddy fields to the Newton MRT. After that you take the escalator down to go across the otherside of the Scotts Road. Once you reach the top of Scotts road, you walk some meters down to Clemenceau Ave to an overhead bridge. Finally after 10 or 15 minutes you work up such a good appetite to reach the Newton Hawker Centre.

Of course you can risk life and limb to negotiate the Newton Circus illegally. Never seen an AngMoh do that though.

Usually easier to walk to Novena to have free airconditioning...also not much further the other way
    i ask agent le. walk lah. still wthn wlkg distance. at least if I hungry midnite, there's a place to go. HDB area best 24 hrs. Novena area nt sure any1 can share. Balestier Yes yes yes.

Aiyah. when i viewed park infinia, i tried wlkg fm park Infinia 2 velocity. Very gd exercise on long underpass. no wonder ppl sweating in Mrt. walk slower lah. Now, everyone takes cab or taxi n how often u eat in shppg complex. same fd court everywhere n restaurants all same queue. alot of mSG. Bachelor no choice lah.

if i want free aircon go to orchard better. better view. kekeke no nd so cheapo.

now wait 4 trilight $psf. C how much they sell n compare wth completed projects

Pricing not out yet, I'm told. Think everyone is waiting for one another.

tht day i drive up. car park all fenced up and tar. rd nicely tar.

My guess: S$1,800 to S$2,000 psf lah.

anyone have an idea how many carpark lots available in this project? and how many lots per unit?

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone
    anyone have an idea how many carpark lots available in this project? and how many lots per unit?
    '

Waiting for more details but my guess it should have more than 205lots for the 205 units, probably 20% to 30% more.

Why are lots important?