Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

Hi, i'm a first-time home buyer and need some advice. I'm interested in a development which will TOP sometime in May/June. The seller's agent told me that the owner has the keys hence i can't view the unit as the owner is not free on weekdays. Thought it's strange coz the development has not TOP yet.

Secondly, how to confirm who the owner is if i'm really interested to make an offer? Are there any documents i should ask for? By the way, the agent is not a local as well.

thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by muffin
    Hi, i'm a first-time home buyer and need some advice. I'm interested in a development which will TOP sometime in May/June. The seller's agent told me that the owner has the keys hence i can't view the unit as the owner is not free on weekdays. Thought it's strange coz the development has not TOP yet.

Secondly, how to confirm who the owner is if i'm really interested to make an offer? Are there any documents i should ask for? By the way, the agent is not a local as well.

thanks in advance...
    very rare , to almost impossible to have keys prior to TOP

if he is keen to sell ..agent would have gotten hold of the key .. to show you the unit ANYTIME at your convenience ..not his

Default be careful

Double check everything. There will be tons of listing for any projects now so why stick to this one agent and seller, then ask if something is wrong? The situation looks obvious to me. You should do your due diligence and if you are an impulse buyer then no one here can "save" you with advice.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    very rare , to almost impossible to have keys prior to TOP

if he is keen to sell ..agent would have gotten hold of the key .. to show you the unit ANYTIME at your convenience ..not his
    Agreed. The agent is bluffing.

How to have keys when the authority has not approevd yet.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The agent MIA though we agreed last week that viewing will take place on sunday. Think he may have read this thread

The agent MIA though we agreed last week that viewing will take place on sunday. Think he may have read this thread

the agent must be a bogus one...luckily he MIA...
    so many projects you can consider...no worries...

yes, no worries. I've plenty to choose from.

But think it's quite scary that there are such agents . I saw his advertisement at iproperty.com ... complete with his photo, contact number etc....

yes, no worries. I've plenty to choose from.

But think it's quite scary that there are such agents . I saw his advertisement at iproperty.com ... complete with his photo, contact number etc....
    better to stick to 1-2 agent ... there are still many who are sincere and works hard for their clients ..

let me know if you need help ..

i have a house, a PH ...both on rental ... handled by my wife's best friend ...and shes also helping me handle all the works when we mvoe to NY in june .. we have also advised her to look out for 'good deal' for us ..and have been following her 'viewing' ...must say we have seen many of her recommendations thats quite worth investing

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    better to stick to 1-2 agent ... there are still many who are sincere and works hard for their clients ..

let me know if you need help ..

i have a house, a PH ...both on rental ... handled by my wife's best friend ...and shes also helping me handle all the works when we mvoe to NY in june .. we have also advised her to look out for 'good deal' for us ..and have been following her 'viewing' ...must say we have seen many of her recommendations thats quite worth investing
    so you retire in NY? take care ooo.

Hi Proud Owner,

thank you very much. Would appreciate if you could pm me your agent's contact. All the best to you in NY