View Poll Results: Will Rivergate hit 1k psf ?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • No chance

60 32.43%
  • Maybe

41 22.16%
  • Highly likely

39 21.08%
  • Confirm + Chop !!!

45 24.32%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rivergate hit 1k psf and below?

Quote Originally Posted by rivergate
    hi, came across a similar approach by agent on the selling by batch of units and urgent settlement - what is the name of the agent who called you please.. would be good to try and find out if this is really for real so that we can together assess how real is this opportunity. thanks
    someone from KF.

I was informed by someone from PN that all these are not true. That agent told me to feel free to call up ferrell to check.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    someone from KF.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
    I was informed by someone from PN that all these are not true. That agent told me to feel free to call up ferrell to check.
    Do call and let us know. Thanks

I didn't bother to call since I wasn't interested in 3/4 br

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Do call and let us know. Thanks

if its KF then its quite interesting cos less likely to be fake. could anybody provide a contact please. many thanks.

if its KF then its quite interesting cos less likely to be fake. could anybody provide a contact please. many thanks.
    wat so special about KF huh??

Why say tat?

what is or who is KF ?????

KF is Knight Frank.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

Based on this estimate, between 9 to 13 units did not pay up but otherwise, everyone else did.

Are you from KF?

Default Prices reportedly going up

Hi guys,

I have not done any specific studies to back my claim, and in what I referred to herein are entirely based on my qualitative observations.

When I look at the listings recently, it appears the asking prices have increased somewhat. I have also learned from some of my friends whom are owners of a number of properties, they are now increasing their prices. When I approached to clarify what gave them the confidence in their ability to fetch higher prices, their response was entirely empirical. They have observed / received higher bids for their properties and have also observed(which I cannot verify, given these are their own observations and not mine) higher volume and higher prices been transacted. I am under the impression this is more prominent for properties in D9,10,11 and 15.

I used to see adverts posting for 1200psf for a number of D9 properties and recently, newspaper and online adverts asking price seems to have increased slightly. Also, when I am getting more agents telling me: "prices have increased over the past month... and transaction volumes have firmed up quite a bit as well"

I have my views on this and why this is happening.. but would like to hear any other inputs or views you guys may have ... ... I guess there are two points to this

1. Are prices and transaction volume generally on the climb (very slightly?)
    2. IF yes to Pt. 1 , why so ?

I agree with you DW. On pt 1, yes, very slight increase in price and vol is indeed being observed in the more prime districts because prices crashed the most. 2, a likely reason is simply that those who wanted to sell at 1200 had been able to find buyers and were cleared out. At the same time, because the stock market had rebounded strongly (not sure whether sustainable or not), the remaining sellers would tend to shift up their asking price since they have paid up and some have found tenants and thus not as desperate. Note however that these are asking prices that are shifted up and not necessarily will be translated to transactions until some buyers decide to buy at say 1300 and 1400 which we are seeing but still small in numbers and only on very special units.

Hi guys,

I have not done any specific studies to back my claim, and in what I referred to herein are entirely based on my qualitative observations.

When I look at the listings recently, it appears the asking prices have increased somewhat. I have also learned from some of my friends whom are owners of a number of properties, they are now increasing their prices. When I approached to clarify what gave them the confidence in their ability to fetch higher prices, their response was entirely empirical. They have observed / received higher bids for their properties and have also observed(which I cannot verify, given these are their own observations and not mine) higher volume and higher prices been transacted. I am under the impression this is more prominent for properties in D9,10,11 and 15.

I used to see adverts posting for 1200psf for a number of D9 properties and recently, newspaper and online adverts asking price seems to have increased slightly. Also, when I am getting more agents telling me: "prices have increased over the past month... and transaction volumes have firmed up quite a bit as well"

I have my views on this and why this is happening.. but would like to hear any other inputs or views you guys may have ... ... I guess there are two points to this

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    I agree with you DW. On pt 1, yes, very slight increase in price and vol is indeed being observed in the more prime districts because prices crashed the most. 2, a likely reason is simply that those who wanted to sell at 1200 had been able to find buyers and were cleared out. At the same time, because the stock market had rebounded strongly (not sure whether sustainable or not), the remaining sellers would tend to shift up their asking price since they have paid up and some have found tenants and thus not as desperate. Note however that these are asking prices that are shifted up and not necessarily will be translated to transactions until some buyers decide to buy at say 1300 and 1400 which we are seeing but still small in numbers and only on very special units.
    Thanks for your input. On a side note, are you are an agent, Bargain Hunter?

most certainly not . As I am bargain hunting, I talk to a lot of agents and encountered similar experiences that you have. Some of the above explanations were also derived from the ones I trust more.

Thanks for your input. On a side note, are you are an agent, Bargain Hunter?

if you all are hunting for good bargains, stand down if prices moved twice.

it's similar to retail products in shopping complex, discounts would be more.

Was at home fair in singapore expo over the weekend, and can see the pressure on sales. but see some new young houseowners and upgraders as well. most booths are empty with sales guys very relaxed.

Interior design booths, slightly busy.

Very close now. a caveat appears in today BT showing a rivergate unit sold at 1045 psf. RG will fall below 1000 before september.

Default Rivergate 1000 psf ?

You are most right ! But for 1,711 sq ft at $1042 psf !
    If anyone out there got smaller unit at below $1000 psf at rivergate, pse PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Very close now. a caveat appears in today BT showing a rivergate unit sold at 1045 psf. RG will fall below 1000 before september.
    Could this be DPS owner now taking up financing? I think so. Most units are still asking for $1250 and above.

If buying for own stay, i think ok to hunt now. As you may not find the same unit u like again. But buying for investment, advisable to wait awhile more, when more projects TOP.

Incidentally, with the recent market rally, many owners has either upped their asking px from 2 months ago or withdrawn their unit from the market. I wonder if some them are regretting now that it seems the stock mkt is correcting and if they will reduce their asking. Buyers should now tell the agents that stock mkt is correcting, we want to offer $200 psf lower. For those who rejected offers, thinking a recovery is in sight, I think its a good lesson.

market tumbles again when everybody is thinking recovery is in sight... IMHO the property always lag the stock market, so a recovery in property prices won't come soon...

I guess some of our observations have indeed translated to higher transaction prices but I wonder who is so bullish, paid 1467psf for a 2 bedroom?! Latest transactions from URA website:

RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment12,556,9001,8941,350Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,900,0001,5391,234Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,844,6641,4641,260Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,379,7001,0231,349Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,846,8001,5391,200Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,500,0001,0231,467Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment12,360,0001,7111,379Apr-09

Hi guys,

RIVERGATE$2,556,900 1,894sq ft 1,350psf Apr-09
    RIVERGATE$1,900,000 1,539sq ft 1,234psf Apr-09
    RIVERGATE$1,844,664 1,464sq ft 1,260psf Apr-09
    RIVERGATE$1,379,700 1,023sq ft 1,349psf Apr-09
    RIVERGATE$1,846,800 1,539sq ft 1,200psf Apr-09
    RIVERGATE$1,500,000 1,023sq ft 1,467psf Apr-09
    RIVERGATE$2,360,000 1,711sq ft 1,379psf Apr-09

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    I guess some of our observations have indeed translated to higher transaction prices but I wonder who is so bullish, paid 1467psf for a 2 bedroom?! Latest transactions from URA website:

RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment12,556,9001,8941,350Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,900,0001,5391,234Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,844,6641,4641,260Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,379,7001,0231,349Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,846,8001,5391,200Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment11,500,0001,0231,467Apr-09RIVERGATEROBERTSON QUAYApartment12,360,0001,7111,379Apr-09

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Nice information. I tried to locate the referred 1042psf filing on URA but appears to be not available there. Any ideas why it might show up in BT, as you have referenced from, and not frm URA site?

Nice information. I tried to locate the referred 1042psf filing on URA but appears to be not available there. Any ideas why it might show up in BT, as you have referenced from, and not frm URA site?
    Probably because they have not lodge the caveat yet. Developer/Agents know that people will refer to the URA site so they try to delay lodging the caveat for those lower psf one as much as possible. So probably it will show up in a month's time or so. Sneaky...

**RIVERGATE UNITS BY L**** !!! (SUPPOSED HUSH SALE!!!)

**OVER 80+ BEST FACING UNITS !!! 3/4BR & PENTHOUSES!!!
    ~~~HURRY~~~

**CALL ME FOR PRICING AND ENQUIRIES NW!!!
    **VIEWING BY APPT ONLY!!
    MOBILE : 81680241

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    **RIVERGATE UNITS BY L**** !!! (SUPPOSED HUSH SALE!!!)

**OVER 80+ BEST FACING UNITS !!! 3/4BR & PENTHOUSES!!!
    ~~~HURRY~~~

**CALL ME FOR PRICING AND ENQUIRIES NW!!!
    **VIEWING BY APPT ONLY!!
    MOBILE : 81680241
    What's the price psf you are looking at?

bro mkt rate lah...doesn't seem like L**** wants to firesale their units...moreover that area along robertson quay is quite hot now with the sales of wharf residences and martin place residences...

if u are keen to view, do feel free to contact me..more than 80 units for u to choose from.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What is the mkt rate then?

bro mkt rate lah...doesn't seem like L**** wants to firesale their units...moreover that area along robertson quay is quite hot now with the sales of wharf residences and martin place residences...

if u are keen to view, do feel free to contact me..more than 80 units for u to choose from.

judging by rental 850psf seems like a fair price. Will leave a net-ROI of 4%. Offcourse the problem is that you cant rent out a 1500sf rivergate appartert at an average 6000 a month. So market price should be lower. It will be fun to see how a few more months with no rental income or even lower rental income will have impact on the market. The holding power is dwindling. In three months asking price for rental went down on average 15% in Rivergate. It is still dropping.

Many agents are comedians in disguise, you most be one of them too. Trying to offload 80 units, and expect high psf, haha very amusing.

U are also amusing as well.
    Where's your fren J-dog who says he will chop if price does not go down to 700psf? What happens if a few more mths pple still have holding power - u gonna revise your ''expectations'' again. Really a clown!

Quote Originally Posted by kalumder
    judging by rental 850psf seems like a fair price. Will leave a net-ROI of 4%. Offcourse the problem is that you cant rent out a 1500sf rivergate appartert at an average 6000 a month. So market price should be lower. It will be fun to see how a few more months with no rental income or even lower rental income will have impact on the market. The holding power is dwindling. In three months asking price for rental went down on average 15% in Rivergate. It is still dropping.

Many agents are comedians in disguise, you most be one of them too. Trying to offload 80 units, and expect high psf, haha very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzle
    Probably because they have not lodge the caveat yet. Developer/Agents know that people will refer to the URA site so they try to delay lodging the caveat for those lower psf one as much as possible. So probably it will show up in a month's time or so. Sneaky...
    isnt caveat lodged by the solicitor ?