Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: District 21 property - possible to buy 3 bedder for 800-900k?

Default District 21 property - possible to buy 3 bedder for 800-900k?

Hi,

I am looking at pte properties along bt timah , near the food center area . Is it possible to get a 3 bedder for 800-900k ? Been looking at these units :

high oaks - by FEO, 7+ yrs old, the layout is weird and small dark kitchens, 99 yr
    high gate - FH, spacious good layout, quite, far from main road.
    meadowlodge - at chun tin road, next to temple. 99 yr by FEO, 67 units only but maintenance is 400 with only pool and bbq facilities.
    Jardin and floridian - sky high prices by FEO
    Garden Vista - sky high prices by FEO, 99 yr.

The possible one are Bukit Regency, Springdale, South Haven, Hume 1 and 2.... hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Hi,

I am looking at pte properties along bt timah , near the food center area . Is it possible to get a 3 bedder for 800-900k ? Been looking at these units :

high oaks - by FEO, 7+ yrs old, the layout is weird and small dark kitchens, 99 yr
    meadowlodge - at chun tin road, next to temple. 99 yr by FEO, 67 units only but maintenance is 400 with only pool and bbq facilities.
    South haven 2 is FH south haven 1 is 99yr
    dont go deeper .. i hear raintree etc , as they are near the reserve ..alot of monkeys ..they have to close all windows all the time ..monkey hog the swimming pool etc ...

how about clementi park ? inside sunset way ... FH also big units but need car ..as it is deep inside

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Bt Regency is pretty old, we often drove past it but have not had a chance to step in to view the units yet .. is it within walking distance to the future beauty world MRT ( heard there are no side gates at Bt Regency ) ?

Raintree is out - lots of monkeys and that site is the foot of bt timah hill ..

South haven looks newer and better than Bt Regency.

I like the beverly at toh tuck, but the prices they are asking for is not realistic, at 750 psf for a 3 bedder , well the dev bought the en bloc site for 480 psf, factoring in construction cost of 200-300 psf, no wonder they are selling at this price.

Is Clementi Park FH or 99 ? I think I went passed it once, not sure if that is Clementi Pk but it's deeper in passed freesia woods. And it's a huge compound with a separate guard house and facilities across the street ?

The Sterling, King Albert, blossomvale and floridian are classified under District 21 but the prices are sky high .. still asking for min. 900 psf. I wonder if prices will ever drop in this area. Hillview apartments are out for me as there are little amenities and not that convenient in terms of accessibility , esp those that are deep in.

Along Jln Jurong Kechil there is Jln Rajawali which leads all the way from Signature Park down to Park Natura, but Park Natura asking for 900-1000 psf and it's location is not ideal to begin with as it is at the end of the road near to Bt Batok.

BUKIT REGENCY IS ON THE SAME SIZE AS BEAUTY WORLD, EATERIES, COURTS, AND DO NOT NEED TO CROSS ANHY ROADS OR OVERHEAD BRIDGE. IT WILL BE CLOSER TO BEAUTY WORLD (FUTURE MRT STN) IF ANOTHER ACCESS IS PROVIDED ALONG UPPER BUKIT TIMAH ROAD. IT IS QUITE WELL MAINTAINED WITHIN THE DEVELOPMENT WITH LARGE BEDROOMS AND LIVING ROOMS.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Bt Regency is pretty old, we often drove past it but have not had a chance to step in to view the units yet .. is it within walking distance to the future beauty world MRT ( heard there are no side gates at Bt Regency ) ?

Raintree is out - lots of monkeys and that site is the foot of bt timah hill ..

South haven looks newer and better than Bt Regency.

I like the beverly at toh tuck, but the prices they are asking for is not realistic, at 750 psf for a 3 bedder , well the dev bought the en bloc site for 480 psf, factoring in construction cost of 200-300 psf, no wonder they are selling at this price.

Default Downtown Line’s Beauty World station ready by 2015

Australian company wins contract for Downtown Line’s Beauty World station
    Posted: 25 Mar 2009 06:41 AM PDT

Australian construction company McConnell Dowell has clinched the contract to build the Beauty World station at Stage 2 of the Downtown MRT Line.
    The Land Transport Authority (LTA) says the S$339.88 million project, scheduled to commence in the second quarter of the year, is targeted for completion in 2015.
    The Beauty World station is located along Upper Bukit Timah Road, off Jalan Jurong Kechil.
    It will double up as a Civil Defence shelter.
    McConnell Dowell has extensive construction experience in Singapore and is currently constructing a new bridge for cars that connects Singapore and Sentosa island.
    The company recently completed cable tunnel projects with SP PowerAssets in Singapore.
    The Downtown Line project is the company’s first construction contract with the LTA.
    This is the second civil contract awarded for the second stage of the Downtown MRT Line.
    Earlier on March 2, LTA awarded a S$410.7 million contract to a Singapore-Korea joint venture — Singapore’s Hock Lian Seng Infrastructure and Korea’s GS Engineering and Construction — for the construction of the Woodlands depot.
    Stage 2 of the Downtown MRT Line is a 16.6-kilometre underground transit system with 12 stations and one depot.
    When completed, it will link commuters from the Bukit Timah corridor to the North East, North South and Circle Lines.
    The entire Downtown Line has 33 stations with a total length of 40 kilometres.
    It will open in stages between 2013 and 2016.
    Source : Channel NewsAsia - 25 Mar 2009

Hi ,

Given that there is no other side gates or access other than the main gate of Bt Regency, any idea approx. how long does it take to walk to the proposed future beauty world MRT ? I assume if you take the walk along the main road, and cut through to beauty world, and then cross the road to the opposite field where the beauty world MRT is supposedly located ( next to the temple ), it takes at least 10 mins ?

Hi ,

Given that there is no other side gates or access other than the main gate of Bt Regency, any idea approx. how long does it take to walk to the proposed future beauty world MRT ? I assume if you take the walk along the main road, and cut through to beauty world, and then cross the road to the opposite field where the beauty world MRT is supposedly located ( next to the temple ), it takes at least 10 mins ?
    certainly not near, but still can walk... leisurely at least 15 min? some parts r not sheltered though

Hi,

all FEO projects sky high prices one hor!

Hi ,

clementi park is FH ... nice and quiet, lots of greenery ..but need a car ...

Default signature park

Have you considered signature park? It is across the road from the beverly

I stay in Raintree. Hardly see any monkey in our vicinity of the condo.

The people are trying to talk up the own development.

Quote Originally Posted by coco
    I stay in Raintree. Hardly see any monkey in our vicinity of the condo.

The people are trying to talk up the own development.
    i was one of those who said there are alot of monkeys there ...

i wasnt talking up any properties ..

you are lucky you havent encountered any monkeys ..

THE RESIDENTS SHOULD REQUEST FOR A SIDE GATE AT BUKIT REGENCY CLOSER TO 2015. IN FACT, THEY SHOULD DO IT NOW AS THERE IS A BUS-STOP JUST OUTSIDE THE CONDO. LOTS OF NEW CONDOS HAVE SIDE GATES. SECURITY WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE WITH THE ADVANCEMENT IN THE SECURITY SYSTEM.

Hi ,

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    South haven 2 is FH south haven 1 is 99yr
    dont go deeper .. i hear raintree etc , as they are near the reserve ..alot of monkeys ..they have to close all windows all the time ..monkey hog the swimming pool etc ...

how about clementi park ? inside sunset way ... FH also big units but need car ..as it is deep inside
    I live in Raintree and the comments about the monkeys are not true. There are sometimes monkeys along Bukit Drive but I've walked past them and they have never been bothered me. I have never seen a monkey at my unit - the windows at the yard area have grilles on them. Prior to buying my unit at Raintree I looked at many other condos in District 10 and I liked the layout of these units much more. In fact, my kitchen now is about 2/3 of the size of the kitchen in the terrace house I lived in previously so it's a pretty decent size.

Quote Originally Posted by Observer
    I live in Raintree and the comments about the monkeys are not true. There are sometimes monkeys along Bukit Drive but I've walked past them and they have never been bothered me. I have never seen a monkey at my unit - the windows at the yard area have grilles on them. Prior to buying my unit at Raintree I looked at many other condos in District 10 and I liked the layout of these units much more. In fact, my kitchen now is about 2/3 of the size of the kitchen in the terrace house I lived in previously so it's a pretty decent size.
    It is true that sometimes there are more monkeys giving bath to money babies in the swimming pool than humans swimming to get a suntan? Is it also true that sometimes you go home and find that there is a family of monkeys dining around your dining table?

I did see monkeys near the road and around the Raintree entrance last year when we visited that area. However, not sure if any in the compound.

Check our Raintree and see whether you will fall in love with the place.

Stop monkeying around.

For raintree, owner is asking $700-800psf while OCBC bank valuation is 600psf.

Any views on whether 600psf is reasonable given current mkt for a 99LH that's already 6yrs down the drain? 700-800psf is of course only suckers then will pay kind of px.

OCBC's valuation is always v generous - some 10% over fair value

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    OCBC's valuation is always v generous - some 10% over fair value
    are you sure ??

ocbc value one of my properties at 20 psf above my 2006 purchase price ..can you beat that ? when i can see in caveat its trading at almost 300 psf above my purchase psf

UOB is better

are you sure ??

ocbc value one of my properties at 20 psf above my 2006 purchase price ..can you beat that ? when i can see in caveat its trading at almost 300 psf above my purchase psf

UOB is better
    How about citibank? Their valuation fair?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    How about citibank? Their valuation fair?
    i am not sure about citibank .. would have thought they would be more pro business than to kill business ..like some local banks... however with their H/O not doing great ..citi maynot be competitive either ..

abt 20-25 pct of banks revenue comes from housing loans .. with these local banks anyhow valuing the property prices... killing the property mkt .. they fail to see that in time to come ..they are killing themselves ..

are you sure ??

UOB is better
    difference of 280psf in terms of valutaion by different banks??!! hardly heard of such great differences.....

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    difference of 280psf in terms of valutaion by different banks??!! hardly heard of such great differences.....
    i am not kidding ..

not that i have bad credits ..

i am not kidding ..

Not so sure about OCBC, but from my personal experience, DBS has the most ridiculously low valuation.

One example, indicative valuation for a terrace house:

HSBC : 1.1M
    DBS : 950k
    UOB : 1.15M

2nd example, for a D9 Studio:

HSBC : 780k
    DBS : 680k
    UOB : 750k

Of course, if I am a buyer, I will use the DBS valuations to negotiate with the seller. But such low valuations significantly below other banks' valuations carry little weight... It just gives me the impression that DBS is not interested in further exposure to residential property loans.

are you sure ??

UOB is better
    From my experience at the sail i guess. At that time when i bought, all other banks quoted $1000psf and below. Only OCBC went slightly higher than $1k psf and was able to match my purchase price.

i am not kidding ..

Not doubting you or anything like that. Just surprised there can be such big gaps.

Is there a proposed future MRT at hume avenue ?
    From what FEO presented, it appears that there is one .. but from LTA website, i can only see one at railmall, beauty world, blackmore, sixth avenue, duchess .. no mrt at hume avenue ..