Thread: Any recommendation for a good buy?

Default Any recommendation for a good buy?

Any good and reasonable condo to recommend?

Thumbs up

Hi Mary,

Kindly drop me a line @ 82818888 for some good buy in town.

Pet

hi mary, it all depends on what is ur definition of good & reasonable.

There are a lot of good buys out there depending on which category of condo projects ur budget fits in.

Home mortgage rates are at an all time low which makes it an advantage for home-seekers.

And also, are u looking for a property more towards investing or just for home stay? That makes a big diff as well.

With the upcoming new launches islandwide, home-seekers will be virtually spoilt for choice.

There is no better time to go into the market now in my personal opinion.

You must be another one from MLM who is better than Warren Buffet. Even WB picked the wrong share.

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    There is no better time to go into the market now in my personal opinion.

pls refer to

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...6702#post46702

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    Hi Mary,

Kindly drop me a line @ 82818888 for some good buy in town.

Pet

Hi mate, all i can say is when buying property, not only u need the cash & the foresight but u also need guts...lots of guts. Or else, how do u think millionaires like Donald Trump & Warren Buffet become who they are today. What goes up must come down, what goes down will eventually go up. If you are in the low-risk category, might as well buy govt bonds & fixed deposits...at least u will not lose money...but ur returns will be very modest or insignificant.

Relate the current context to 2007...nobody expected the property to shoot up overnight...ppl who dared venture into the market at that time were well-rewarded (provided they cashed out before the market got over-heated & cooled off). I don't deny that the herd instinct in still pretty much prevalent in singapore but however @ the end of the day, you gotta trust ur own judgement & instinct. It's ur money @ the end of the day...it's ur call eventually how much u want to make or how much u want to lose. lolx Trust me...all this " waiting & seeing" group of buyers who hope the property will crash eventually...they will be priced out of the market & most likely have to wait for the next cycle which might be 5-10yrs away. Right now, all we need is a stock rally...then the property market will rally... so will the job market. That is what everyone is hoping for now. There will be no great depression as hoped by some.

Right now, all we need is a stock rally...then the property market will rally... so will the job market. That is what everyone is hoping for now. There will be no great depression as hoped by some.
    The last two dips in property (asian financial crisis and SARS) left property stagnant for years.
    It turns everyone super cautious. The buy now or you will be left behind parlor tricks of 2007/8 wont work anymore. Most people after a big shock like AFC will want to see sustained stabilization before.

Neither will any absurd mention of Singapore Flyer , IR or F1.

There is plenty time to pick of choice property over the next year or two.
    If anyone says otherwise you have to ask the most basic questions.

1) why are there so many adverts to sell in the ST?
    If property is such a wonderful investment right now, why do the owners want to get rid of it? I would recommend that they keep it.
    2) why so many fire sales now appearing
    3) why auctions beginning to surface

Dear home-run:

I agree with u good investment need gut and foresight. To me, better foresight need to do more homework.

Let me share with you that millionaire with gut and“foresight” like Donald Trump has just filled for chap 11. Warren Buffett and his Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has reported a 62 percent drop in its 2008 net income because investment and derivative losses of nearly $7.5 billion. Both of them are great investor , but they can make mistake like u and me.

For the past 10 years horizon , US government bond is actually provide better yield than equity. Bond is lower risk than equity , but does not mean it is lower in return. Pls do your homework before quoting example.

We are in a global recession. When was the last time you see a global recession..?

What I am telling u is nobody would know the bottom ,only god know. Pls provide a more responsible view with substance, but without hidden agenda.

Hi mate, all i can say is when buying property, not only u need the cash & the foresight but u also need guts...lots of guts. Or else, how do u think millionaires like Donald Trump & Warren Buffet become who they are today. What goes up must come down, what goes down will eventually go up. If you are in the low-risk category, might as well buy govt bonds & fixed deposits...at least u will not lose money...but ur returns will be very modest or insignificant.

Relate the current context to 2007...nobody expected the property to shoot up overnight...ppl who dared venture into the market at that time were well-rewarded (provided they cashed out before the market got over-heated & cooled off). I don't deny that the herd instinct in still pretty much prevalent in singapore but however @ the end of the day, you gotta trust ur own judgement & instinct. It's ur money @ the end of the day...it's ur call eventually how much u want to make or how much u want to lose. lolx Trust me...all this " waiting & seeing" group of buyers who hope the property will crash eventually...they will be priced out of the market & most likely have to wait for the next cycle which might be 5-10yrs away. Right now, all we need is a stock rally...then the property market will rally... so will the job market. That is what everyone is hoping for now. There will be no great depression as hoped by some.

Wow thanks for all the advice.

I am seeking for home to stay not so much for investment. However, I also do not want to buy a property to stay with no resale value.

I need minimum 3 bedrooms for my family. Just not sure whether it is time to buy now or should I wait for another few months to a year.

Cannot afford town and prime area. Maybe East or North-East. Budget $650 - 800K.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    Wow thanks for all the advice.

I am seeking for home to stay not so much for investment. However, I also do not want to buy a property to stay with no resale value.

I need minimum 3 bedrooms for my family. Just not sure whether it is time to buy now or should I wait for another few months to a year.

Cannot afford town and prime area. Maybe East or North-East. Budget $650 - 800K.
    There are some questions you need to decide whether it matters.

Min size of unit?
    Freehold or not?
    How many units in development?
    Floor level?
    Near MRT (what is the walking time)?
    Direction of unit facing?
    Size of development?
    The list goes on...

The clearer the requirements...I believe it is easier for the agent to find lobang for you. Anyway, I advise you to go "shopping" at the new developments. This will help you to familiarise yourself with the factors to consider when buying a house.

You will be amazed at how "detailed" Singapore buyers are when picking the units in the development...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    There are some questions you need to decide whether it matters.

Min size of unit?
    Freehold or not?
    How many units in development?
    Floor level?
    Near MRT (what is the walking time)?
    Direction of unit facing?
    Size of development?
    The list goes on...

The clearer the requirements...I believe it is easier for the agent to find lobang for you. Anyway, I advise you to go "shopping" at the new developments. This will help you to familiarise yourself with the factors to consider when buying a house.

You will be amazed at how "detailed" Singapore buyers are when picking the units in the development...
    Thanks for the advise.

I have been shopping around, but stop at the current moment. Many people has been telling me that the property market will definitely come down and the news just reported that too. So I am going to play the waiting game.

Thanks for the advise.

I have been shopping around, but stop at the current moment. Many people has been telling me that the property market will definitely come down and the news just reported that too. So I am going to play the waiting game.

where u heard from?
    Ur friend also heard it from their friends
    Dunno true

Yesterday new came out that Feb sales shot up 10 fold

Nobody knows whether is it sustainable

Yah all are spectulating .... but prices did comes down for the past 1 month.

Previously Livia, Waterfront and The Quartz prices refuse to barge. But now The quartz sub sale are willing to price down their property.. still considering...

Waterfront and Livia psf also lower now.

Ya. Property unlike stock market if you missed the bottom you missed out at least 10 -20% upside. For property you can feel the change slower and still go in at the right moment.

Quartz only left with 3 units....

Yah all are spectulating .... but prices did comes down for the past 1 month.

Previously Livia, Waterfront and The Quartz prices refuse to barge. But now The quartz sub sale are willing to price down their property.. still considering...

Waterfront and Livia psf also lower now.

yup, you may get lower price at later date... but, you may not get good facing unit.... cheap one are all left over.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    yup, you may get lower price at later date... but, you may not get good facing unit.... cheap one are all left over.
    I wouldn't worry too much. If people are forced to sell by bank, facing won't matter to them.

This is typical agent talk. Try to drum in fear to get you to buy today.
    It's like they are programed at agent school to repeat such tales regardless of situation. Kind of like those dolls with the string in the back you pull.

2009 very different from 2007. Everyone can see the bloodbath from the stock exchange through to the economy. Any savvy investor can afford to wait a little longer to see what is the direction.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    I wouldn't worry too much. If people are forced to sell by bank, facing won't matter to them.

It's like they are programed at agent school to repeat such tales regardless of situation. Kind of like those dolls with the string in the back you pull.

2009 very different from 2007. Everyone can see the bloodbath from the stock exchange through to the economy. Any savvy investor can afford to wait a little longer to see what is the direction.
    just wait and see

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Obviously facing don't matter to people got forced sold by banks! However, I believe facing do matter because of below reasons:
    (1) I don't want to live in a house facing directly East &/or West and having to switch on Air-con for 24 hours a day.
    (2) I don't want to be facing the noisy road with noise from the cars, buses, and lorries screeching to halt and vbroom vbroom (These are music to some I suppose?).
    (3) I don't want to be facing some big logang and get the smell (perfume to some I suppose?).
    (4) I don't want to pay so much money for a property where any tom dick and harry can easily peeped into house from next door or the corridor or another building (an enjoyment to Edison Chen-wanabe I suppose?).

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    just wait and see
    Wow, great comeback. Did it take you long to think it up?

See previous entry about fear etc.... as tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Obviously facing don't matter to people got forced sold by banks! However, I believe facing do matter because of below reasons:
    (1) I don't want to live in a house facing directly East &/or West and having to switch on Air-con for 24 hours a day.
    (2) I don't want to be facing the noisy road with noise from the cars, buses, and lorries screeching to halt and vbroom vbroom (These are music to some I suppose?).
    (3) I don't want to be facing some big logang and get the smell (perfume to some I suppose?).
    (4) I don't want to pay so much money for a property where any tom dick and harry can easily peeped into house from next door or the corridor or another building (an enjoyment to Edison Chen-wanabe I suppose?).
    For personal consumption I agree with you.
    I'm just saying there will be plenty of choice to pick from, no need to worry so much.
    I managed to get a top floor view of orchard road during AFC 10 years ago.
    When desperado's need money, they will not be in a position to "sell" the view.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

For personal consumption - sure want good view.
    For investment and renting out, choice units in the same estate with good facing will be rented out much faster and at a better rental rate than lousy facing units (particularly luxury condo apartments where money is not of a concern for the tenants anyway). Subsequently, they can also sell at a much higher premium when market turns good.
    However, good facing units come at a price too. As such, it is a personal preference and individual bet they want to take.
    Even when desperados with great facing units sell, they always manage to sell at much better price than lousy facing units. Only people willing to pay more at any time will manage to get these good units and these usually get transacted first as buyers are willing to pay what sellers are asking for. If budget is a concern, then buying the cheapest psf unit is the way to go and I suppose they have to wait for now to buy below current market price.

For personal consumption I agree with you.
    I'm just saying there will be plenty of choice to pick from, no need to worry so much.
    I managed to get a top floor view of orchard road during AFC 10 years ago.
    When desperado's need money, they will not be in a position to "sell" the view.

Any good buy in Sengkang area, The Quartz or Compass Heights??

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004
    Any good buy in Sengkang area, The Quartz or Compass Heights??
    for HDB estates like seng kang .. rather buy HDB .. seriously i think it will be hard to sell next time ..for the condos .. when you are surrounded by nothing but HDBs ...