Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coastal Breeze Residences (D18, 99 year leasehold, Sustained Land)

Default Coastal Breeze Residences (D18, 99 year leasehold, Sustained Land)

Any views on this? Price about $700+psf.
    What would be a good price for it?
    The location is very near to Downtown east.

Freehold? Yes then I guess price is alright.

It's a 99yr lease. Even if it's freehold, I wouldn't even think of paying 700+ psf for this side of the world.

In light of plunging sales and falling construction costs, and prospect of retrenchment and pay cut, buyers should really expect more .. Below $550 psf than worth considering

What $550psf???????? you guys are crazy should go below $450psf......... then it is worth buying.

I like that place cos it is quiet and all my friends stay around there. My wife family stay near there too.

I totally agree. With the current economic situation, prices of private properties (in the premium areas) have been coming down fast and furious over the past 2 months. I'd rather take a peek there.

Realistically if you take a look at Bluewater2 (the showroom is just next to Coastal Residences), up till now, the project is not totally sold out and that's a 999 LH. Just imagine if you were to do a resale...how long is it going to take you to do it.

Anyway, I can understand Allen's situation. Coastal is nice with private lift access and all. I was also tempted to book a unit in 08 stack over the weekend. But when I sat down long and hard, it's really not worth it with the price they're marketing.

Allen, if you can wait, hold on a liitle longer cuz I'm sure the prices will tumble even further.

Thanks for your advise. I think i will wait and meanwhile monitor the situation of the property market.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Coastal Breeze Residences (D18, Sustained Land)

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...20953,00.html?

Published February 26, 2009

More mass market projects to launch

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Developers are planning to launch more mass market projects this weekend to take advantage of a recent surge in buying interest.

Hiap Hoe Group, a niche developer, will officially launch its 118-unit The Beverly, located at Toh Tuck Road, this Saturday. The starting selling price is $648 per square foot (psf), which Hiap Hoe says is an 'attractive starting selling price'.

'We have designed The Beverly for those looking for affordable, high-quality residential developments in a good location,' said Teo Ho Beng, the company's managing director.

The Beverly's two, three and four-bedroom apartments range from 1,120 sq ft to 4,187 sq ft, while its double-storey penthouses range from 2,099 sq ft to 3,757 sq ft and are each outfitted with a private roof garden and pool.

On the other side of the island at Pasir Ris, Sustained Land Pte Ltd will also officially launch Coastal Breeze Residences come this weekend. Two and three-bedroom units at the 63-unit development will sell for $610-$660 psf.

Sustained Land has sold 13 units in Coastal Breeze Residences since the start of 2008 in a soft launch. The units, which were mostly prime apartments on higher floors, went at an average price of $690 psf.

The remaining units are mostly three-bedders between 1159 sq ft and 1356 sq ft in size and there are also duplex penthouses. In terms of absolute value, for example, the price for a three-room 1159 sq ft unit starts at $712,000.

Meanwhile, the UOL Group is expected to launch its 646-unit Double Bay Residences in Simei sometime next week. Market talk has it that the project could be launched at $650-680 psf.

The three projects are coming hot on the heels of two successful launches earlier this month. Units at Frasers Centrepoint's Caspian condominium near Jurong Lake and Alexis @ Alexandra, a project by joint venture partners Yi Kai Group and Fission Group, sold quickly upon the projects' launches.

One market insider said that developers are taking pricing cues from each other, and making sure their newly launched projects are priced to sell. 'There is a sense that people will only be willing to buy projects in the $600-plus psf range, and also only units that don't cost too much in total. People don't really want to pay more than $600,000 or $700,000-plus in these times,' he said.

Developers are also throwing in more upmarket features into their mass market offerings to entice buyers. Each of The Beverly's 118 apartments is served by private lifts that open into the lobby of its interior. UOL's Double Bay Residences will also offer extras such as full-length windows in the kitchen, the company has said.

Default We are tempted too!

Quote Originally Posted by allenng
    I like that place cos it is quiet and all my friends stay around there. My wife family stay near there too.
    My wife and I went down recently to have a look at Coastal Breeze.

Initially not much feelings for it as the showflat leave much to be desired. Funny layout and Services from Agents were not exactly what you are expecting.

But we have been looking around for a private property and having considered Livia for quite a while I do think Coastal Breeze is a better buy. As mentioned, private lift access, pool / sea view and exclusivity are all plus points. Given both projects are about the same prices for 3bedrooms.

Bad points are close to Costa Sands very noisy. Insects and creepy crawlers. Pointed roof of adjacent properties (Loyang Gardens). Bad Feng shui. Looking at sea view unit but was afriad view will be blocked by trees.

Still thinking. Headache.

Dunno what are the options.

Pls feel free to email me @ [email protected] or call me at 91462776 to discuss and share pointers.

For all you know we all might end up as neighbours.

Vinc,

why is Coastal Breeze bad fengshui ?

Default Wrong Choice

Why going for 99 Lease Hold.

There are so many 2nd hand houses tha is only 1~3 year old and it is free hold.

Name a few:

For older Bluewatere 1, etc

For new bluewater 2, Haven, Coatal VIew, JLB, etc

Above are freehold and you need not worried abt. selling even 20~25 years down the road.

Coastal View is one of the Best as the View is relattively unblock and it is the only condo there that that allows cars to enter from the Front to Pasir Ris Drive 4 and towards the Beach facing Aloha.

Your Friend can park in the Free Park Carpark when visiting you and you can have beach Barbecus near the beach and have them visit you once they have finished. That way, les cleaning in the house and very breezey.

NO better excercise that having it in nature that in the gym.

The beach is so near buy. Your kids have lots of space to move around as the beach reaches to the other end of the Park. If stroll, will take you up to 45mins ~ 1 hr. With Bicycle, maybe 30 mins.

Yes, it is not near to City. But Friend, I would rather live near to nature that with Concrete forest.

Just my view

True..there is so many things to like about Jln Loyan Besar area.. especially those FH like bluwaters and lighthouse..

unfortunately.. my parents do not like that area.. sigh... dunno why...sigh..

It was really love at first sight when I went to that area..

Default GEMS to be discover

Hi Focus;

Many ppl does not see gems till it glows.

Do you know that there are plan for water taxi to serve Punggol, Pasir Ris, Ubin and etc.

The Pasir Ris Road (Ave 3) to Punggol will be announce soon.

There are not many Condo left really near the beach.

East Coast still need to walk beneath the underpass to reach the beach.

There are houses in the Different parts of Pasir Ris do near the beach but they are terrace or bungalow which is far from MRT, food center and ammenity.

Learn to understand gems as they are

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Vinc,

why is Coastal Breeze bad fengshui ?
    The unit i'm looking at faces adjacent pointed roofs so was a bit concerned about the impact of the pointed roof in my direction.

Esp. the roofs are towards my master bedroom.

Also concerned about the drain in front of Coastal Breeze, the noisy chalet-goers @ Costa Sands and the blocked sea view.

Haha.. But I still like the place.

Quote Originally Posted by rayaw
    Why going for 99 Lease Hold.

There are so many 2nd hand houses tha is only 1~3 year old and it is free hold.

Name a few:

For older Bluewatere 1, etc

For new bluewater 2, Haven, Coatal VIew, JLB, etc

Above are freehold and you need not worried abt. selling even 20~25 years down the road.

Coastal View is one of the Best as the View is relattively unblock and it is the only condo there that that allows cars to enter from the Front to Pasir Ris Drive 4 and towards the Beach facing Aloha.

Your Friend can park in the Free Park Carpark when visiting you and you can have beach Barbecus near the beach and have them visit you once they have finished. That way, les cleaning in the house and very breezey.

NO better excercise that having it in nature that in the gym.

The beach is so near buy. Your kids have lots of space to move around as the beach reaches to the other end of the Park. If stroll, will take you up to 45mins ~ 1 hr. With Bicycle, maybe 30 mins.

Yes, it is not near to City. But Friend, I would rather live near to nature that with Concrete forest.

Just my view
    WHy must be Free Hold? The only difference is that after about 10yrs, leasehold properties depreciated faster than free hold. Its a general misconception that freehold must definitely be better than leasehold. There are many other factors to consider, facilities, project size, developers, nearby amenities and location... Just to name a few.

And Coastal View is SOLD OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    True..there is so many things to like about Jln Loyan Besar area.. especially those FH like bluwaters and lighthouse..

unfortunately.. my parents do not like that area.. sigh... dunno why...sigh..

It was really love at first sight when I went to that area..
    Hahhaa.. My wife love that place too!

She love it a lot! Its a nice place la. Near to EHub, beach and nature.

Quote Originally Posted by vinc1281
    WHy must be Free Hold? The only difference is that after about 10yrs, leasehold properties depreciated faster than free hold. Its a general misconception that freehold must definitely be better than leasehold. There are many other factors to consider, facilities, project size, developers, nearby amenities and location... Just to name a few.

And Coastal View is SOLD OUT!
    oh.. so the coastal view already sold out... was thiking to take a look....

i went to the showroom opposite of downtown east.... the last showroom close to main road.. can't remember which one... seems pretty small.... do you remember?

how about bluwater 2? or out of those showroom, which one gives you better feel?

Quote Originally Posted by rayaw
    Hi Focus;

Many ppl does not see gems till it glows.

Do you know that there are plan for water taxi to serve Punggol, Pasir Ris, Ubin and etc.

The Pasir Ris Road (Ave 3) to Punggol will be announce soon.

There are not many Condo left really near the beach.

East Coast still need to walk beneath the underpass to reach the beach.

There are houses in the Different parts of Pasir Ris do near the beach but they are terrace or bungalow which is far from MRT, food center and ammenity.

Learn to understand gems as they are
    Yup, I told them about the possibility of Pasir Ris turning into a vibrant place with jetty and restuarants and the linkage between punggol and pasir ris.. actually ..even sembawang..

I've been to the Punggol new cluster housins (white horse or something like that), the sembawang penagal place...

Anyway, they know all these.. but sigh.. nevermind.. vomit blood talking about house hunting with parents.. But too bad.. It's their place of residence.. they should like it..

Enjoy your stay in pasir ris man.. I ..sobsob....

Default Coastal Breeze vs The Quartz

Went to look at the Coastal Breeze, like the location alot, almost wanted to buy the 2nd floor (not good view but cheaper) 4th floor is very exp.. But after some consideration, thinking that with the same amount we can also look at The Quartz and no need to wait for another 2 years.

What u guys think? Is it better to get The Quartz or Coastal Breeze?

....... cannot make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    Went to look at the Coastal Breeze, like the location alot, almost wanted to buy the 2nd floor (not good view but cheaper) 4th floor is very exp.. But after some consideration, thinking that with the same amount we can also look at The Quartz and no need to wait for another 2 years.

What u guys think? Is it better to get The Quartz or Coastal Breeze?

....... cannot make up my mind.
    Hi Mary

Been researching about private properties for quite awhile.

Pls feel free to PM me.

Personally I'm also looking at Coastal Breeze.
    Last edited by vinc1281; 10-03-09 at 15:29.

call u but no reply leh....

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    call u but no reply leh....
    Hi, I'm also looking at Breeze but that was late last year when they did their soft launch... only about a handful sold back then.

what is the quoted psf now for 3rd or 4th floor now?

I was told its close to 800-850psf then. not sure how many units are being sold now. any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by alexxchow
    Hi, I'm also looking at Breeze but that was late last year when they did their soft launch... only about a handful sold back then.

what is the quoted psf now for 3rd or 4th floor now?

I was told its close to 800-850psf then. not sure how many units are being sold now. any idea?
    abt 6xx-7xxpsf. it's 70-80% sold. I agree with 'focus' its a hidden gem. My instint tells me that some one will soon dig up this gem. Norm, if there are active development arn that area somethin must be comin up. Always look for empty land arn the area you want to invest in

just becoz diamond is made frm carbon doesnt mean u can treat a piece of charcoal as diamond.
    Quote Originally Posted by peddyfield
    abt 6xx-7xxpsf. it's 70-80% sold. I agree with 'focus' its a hidden gem. My instint tells me that some one will soon dig up this gem. Norm, if there are active development arn that area somethin must be comin up. Always look for empty land arn the area you want to invest in

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    just becoz diamond is made frm carbon doesnt mean u can treat a piece of charcoal as diamond.
    Well said!

But then Coastal Breeze is really not too bad a deal. You can look at my input at the other thread. under "FH/999 at JLB"

My 2 worth.

Fellow forumers

Currently I'm looking at Coastal Breeze Residences. Thinking of getting a 4th floor unit. psf abt $660.

Would really love to hear from your guys on this project and perhaps for seasoned house hunters, what are some things to ask for (freebies, discounts) or look out for (Feng Shui, Floor level and unit no. direction of main door) when buying a house?

You input is most appreciated.

If you have bought a unit at Coastal Breeze, would also like to hear form you. Pls do PM me.

Perhaps you can even add on to my pros / cons list.

Pros:
    walking distance to Ehub
    shuttle bus from Pasir Ris MRT to Coastal Breeze (Downtown east Shuttle)
    Private Lift
    High Ceiling (3.1m)
    Exclusivity
    Small Project (Pool will not be jam packed)
    Walking distance to Beach

Cons:
    Need to walk to MRT (10mins)
    LH 99yrs
    Road leading to entrance might be jammed on sunday due to church services

hi, i'm interested with units on the 4th floor too. Which unit have u gotten? Facing the sea? Any freebies?

hi, i'm interested with units on the 4th floor too. Which unit have u gotten? Facing the sea? Any freebies?
    PMed you. do

PMed you. do have