Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coastal Breeze Residences (D18, 99 year leasehold, Sustained Land)

Quote Originally Posted by alexxchow
    hi, i'm interested with units on the 4th floor too. Which unit have u gotten? Facing the sea? Any freebies?
    PMed you. do have a look.

me too also quite interested. last week i call up & check, they told me they only left w bigger units.

Default update

just went down to bluwater2 today, they sold most of the gnd unit and the seafacing PH...at >600 psf (that meant most are transacted at 900K and above)..rich sporean.

coastal view is good but then it so near Aloha (designated quarantine center for contagious disease). It was also sold at 800psf...which is challengingto make profit later for subsale, as Bluwater2 is transacted at 577-600psf.

Riz haven plot is too small, in my view, and near to the "old house".... with an errie feel..Price and size of unit is competitive though.

Personal fav is still bluwater2 m but almost all sold out, so back to square 1, ....

JLB residence is a good budget apartment to consider...although being an apartment, it short on facilities.

Almost all the condos there are smallish type so not all have much facilities except swimming pools and bbq and some smallish other facilities. But there is pasir ris park as your playground just behind. I was looking at this area and east coast a few months ago but this economic conditions make it hard for me to invest. From my research, east coast is bound to have MRT. What's interesting about JLB is that there are talks of a Northshore MRT extension, and this could mean a downtown east mrt, a loyang mert station, changi village and all the way to changi airport. If this materialises, it will still take 10 or 15 years from now la, but that's the potential. One of the poential MRT stations could be on one of empty land plots. The lands are meant though for future residences under the URA master plan, so expect some concrete jungle there soon. The ration indicates 10 to 14 storey blocks, so can be HDB (the condo developers type), EC, Condo, plain HDB or a combination of all these. Pretty crowded there soon unless somebody go and tell URA that at least part of the plot there should be reserved as a natural green lung. All in, I think the condo there now is worth about 650 (99 LH), 700 (999 or FH) and after the market recovery, about 20% more. If MRT goes thru, add another 10%. If market crashes, the downside can be hard but the psf is already among the lowest in Spore, so it can't go too much lower IMHO. Need to compare this place to east coast because I think they are quite similar in many ways for investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Almost all the condos there are smallish type so not all have much facilities except swimming pools and bbq and some smallish other facilities. But there is pasir ris park as your playground just behind. I was looking at this area and east coast a few months ago but this economic conditions make it hard for me to invest. From my research, east coast is bound to have MRT. What's interesting about JLB is that there are talks of a Northshore MRT extension, and this could mean a downtown east mrt, a loyang mert station, changi village and all the way to changi airport. If this materialises, it will still take 10 or 15 years from now la, but that's the potential. One of the poential MRT stations could be on one of empty land plots. The lands are meant though for future residences under the URA master plan, so expect some concrete jungle there soon. The ration indicates 10 to 14 storey blocks, so can be HDB (the condo developers type), EC, Condo, plain HDB or a combination of all these. Pretty crowded there soon unless somebody go and tell URA that at least part of the plot there should be reserved as a natural green lung. All in, I think the condo there now is worth about 650 (99 LH), 700 (999 or FH) and after the market recovery, about 20% more. If MRT goes thru, add another 10%. If market crashes, the downside can be hard but the psf is already among the lowest in Spore, so it can't go too much lower IMHO. Need to compare this place to east coast because I think they are quite similar in many ways for investment.
    Hi MabelThank you for bringing out some interesting facts on the area.Would like to clarify on certain points.

1. the news of having the MRT passing through downtown east, loyang and through to Changi Village is indeed heartening. Would you be able to share your research on the information.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...320747/1/.html

CNA covered a short article on the fact that these "future MRT lines" are not reliable and are refuted by LTA.

2. The land parcels right along the new road of Pasir Ris Drive 4 is indeed meant for development. The only thing is when and what. I'm also very curious about the piece of land right beside red house, at the T-junction of Drive 4 and JLB close.

Any enlightened forumer care to share?

3. Lastly on your acceptable psf range of 650 for LH and 700 for 999 or FH? Its very interesting as for two vastly different nature of the land, their psf are quite close and that is exactly what is killing me. hahaha

650 psf for a LH property near to Ehub or 700 psf for a FH property further inside JLC Close but with a seaview????

Advice anyone?
    Last edited by vinc1281; 13-07-09 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    just went down to bluwater2 today, they sold most of the gnd unit and the seafacing PH...at >600 psf (that meant most are transacted at 900K and above)..rich sporean.

coastal view is good but then it so near Aloha (designated quarantine center for contagious disease). It was also sold at 800psf...which is challengingto make profit later for subsale, as Bluwater2 is transacted at 577-600psf.

Riz haven plot is too small, in my view, and near to the "old house".... with an errie feel..Price and size of unit is competitive though.

Personal fav is still bluwater2 m but almost all sold out, so back to square 1, ....

JLB residence is a good budget apartment to consider...although being an apartment, it short on facilities.
    Hi marktkt22

Thank you for your analysis.

Indeed I do concurred with you on many points mentioned.

1. I think you mean Coastal Breeze instead of Coastal View, in terms of close promixity to Aloha Loyang.

Yes i think that (H1N1 quarantine center) is a valid point, not to mention the smoke from BBQ and the screaming from teenagers why is why I didn't take up the sea facing unit eventually.

2. Bluwater2 is nice but prices too steep for that price I rather buy Riz Haven.

3. Riz haven. Yes Plot of land quite small. Might be too close to Bluwater1 but luckily the units are on the other side, separated by riz haven pool and next to the red house. but for 16 units should be enough. The main drawback is too far inside and no bus going in so in terms of accessibility (if not driving) is bad.

4. JLB no more so is sub sales already.

One more issue, I realised that in that plot of land where Coastal Breeze will be. Its the only one that is LH. The rest of the projects that surrounds it are all FH or 999yrs like Le Loyang, Loyang Gardens & Watercrest just to name a few.

Is there any implications in terms of sales next time? I mean adjacent plots of land and yet that is the only one that is LH.

Moreover there is a small plot of land that owner is not selling so they can keep the land to grow herbs. Which is why Coastal Breeze has a side gate at the road leading into JLB Close.

Pondering Pondering Pondering...

LH or FH is determined by URA, SLA of HDB at the time the land was tendered out. Nothing the developers can do about it but to priced their bid competively for the nature of the land title.

vnc1281

The Northshore MRT is not confirmed. But with demand, LRT will consider. If the empty plots at JLB are meant for housing, there will be demand. But this MRT if it happens will be a very long time.

The empty plots are for residential uses under the 5 years URA master plan. Can go to the URA website. But this kind of thing change after every 5 years. The red house belongs to someone lar. I think it is posing a danger to the public if the owner does not upkeep it. Someone needs to complain to URA lor.

FH/999 yr are about 10 to 20% more than LH. THis is a rough estimate. There are future bus stops planned on the new Pasir Ris drive 4, very close to Coastal View and Bluwaters. I guess next year got bus come in already.

I still think this JLB got potential but IMHO you must compare this one with east coast lar. The prices at JLB still cannot match east coast, so based on my own research and thinking, JLB is worth 80% of east coast prices for similar properties. If east coast (those walkable or nearby to East COast Park) is selling for 800psf, then JLB can buy for 640. If 1000psf, then 800 psf. You can do your own research and see if true.

One more thing about Pasir Ris. This is the only place in Singapore that can have a San Francisco-like bridge linking two an island to the main island. Pasir Ris to Pulau Ubin. This one can in 20 or 30 years time I think can happen. By then population in Singapore will be 6 to 8 million, so need alot of space. Pulau Ubin will be developed then.

Default JLB vs east coast

If that area is a designated quarantine center for all contagious disease, then it be impacted. I think cannot compared to east coast, since even the sea water at pasir ris beach is not fit for swimming.

last I heard, one of the empty plot will be bluwater3, by novelty but 99yr

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    LH or FH is determined by URA, SLA of HDB at the time the land was tendered out. Nothing the developers can do about it but to priced their bid competively for the nature of the land title.
    Thanks for the input.

vnc1281

The Northshore MRT is not confirmed. But with demand, LRT will consider. If the empty plots at JLB are meant for housing, there will be demand. But this MRT if it happens will be a very long time.

The empty plots are for residential uses under the 5 years URA master plan. Can go to the URA website. But this kind of thing change after every 5 years. The red house belongs to someone lar. I think it is posing a danger to the public if the owner does not upkeep it. Someone needs to complain to URA lor.

FH/999 yr are about 10 to 20% more than LH. THis is a rough estimate. There are future bus stops planned on the new Pasir Ris drive 4, very close to Coastal View and Bluwaters. I guess next year got bus come in already.

I still think this JLB got potential but IMHO you must compare this one with east coast lar. The prices at JLB still cannot match east coast, so based on my own research and thinking, JLB is worth 80% of east coast prices for similar properties. If east coast (those walkable or nearby to East COast Park) is selling for 800psf, then JLB can buy for 640. If 1000psf, then 800 psf. You can do your own research and see if true.

One more thing about Pasir Ris. This is the only place in Singapore that can have a San Francisco-like bridge linking two an island to the main island. Pasir Ris to Pulau Ubin. This one can in 20 or 30 years time I think can happen. By then population in Singapore will be 6 to 8 million, so need alot of space. Pulau Ubin will be developed then.
    Hi Mabel

Thank you for your input.

The red house belongs to CK Tang If I'm not wrong. From my friend staying in Bluwater, they do send people to upkeep the property so not to worry.

But i'm very interested with your info on SBS buses plying JLB Close coz I wrote in to SBS before and the reply was that there are no current plans to send buses into the area.

So i'm really looking forwards to your suggestion which hopefully can be supported by concrete findings.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    If that area is a designated quarantine center for all contagious disease, then it be impacted. I think cannot compared to east coast, since even the sea water at pasir ris beach is not fit for swimming.

last I heard, one of the empty plot will be bluwater3, by novelty but 99yr
    Hi marktkt22

Ya. but no choice. I think unless along come a disease that is highly contagious and FATAL then people will be afraid and shun the area which will in turn affect prices of housing.

Yes. JLB is the poorer cousin of East Coast and Sentosa Cove.

Last plot of Land? where? hmmm any idea when bluwater3 will be launched?

Quote Originally Posted by vinc1281
    Hi Mabel

Thank you for your input.

The red house belongs to CK Tang If I'm not wrong. From my friend staying in Bluwater, they do send people to upkeep the property so not to worry.

But i'm very interested with your info on SBS buses plying JLB Close coz I wrote in to SBS before and the reply was that there are no current plans to send buses into the area.

So i'm really looking forwards to your suggestion which hopefully can be supported by concrete findings.
    Don't worry lar. If you travel along the new pasir ris drive 4 linking JLB, you will notice 2 bus bays already there, about 50m from the red house. SBS can say all they want but the reality is comes end of this year, they cannot control anymore the bus routes because LTA will take over the planning of the bus routes and tender them out. So if LTA which owns the new pasir ris drive 4 puts 2 bus bays there, my guess is that they are planning to have buses going into JLB when they plan the routes. If SBS doesn't want, TIBS will take it lar.

East Coast is now more ex than JLB. This one cannot argue one. IMHO, in 10 years' time, can argue depending on the development there. East Coast has almost reached its potential already with the MRT prices all factored in. JLB potential is still an unknown factor. But as it is, I think it's worth 80% of East Coast condo near the sea.

I am now looking to invest in Sentosa Cove again. It is worth about 120% above East Coast for now. IMHO.

Don't worry lar. If you travel along the new pasir ris drive 4 linking JLB, you will notice 2 bus bays already there, about 50m from the red house. SBS can say all they want but the reality is comes end of this year, they cannot control anymore the bus routes because LTA will take over the planning of the bus routes and tender them out. So if LTA which owns the new pasir ris drive 4 puts 2 bus bays there, my guess is that they are planning to have buses going into JLB when they plan the routes. If SBS doesn't want, TIBS will take it lar.

East Coast is now more ex than JLB. This one cannot argue one. IMHO, in 10 years' time, can argue depending on the development there. East Coast has almost reached its potential already with the MRT prices all factored in. JLB potential is still an unknown factor. But as it is, I think it's worth 80% of East Coast condo near the sea.

I am now looking to invest in Sentosa Cove again. It is worth about 120% above East Coast for now. IMHO.
    Bus Bays!?!?!?!

I shall drop by to see today. Yes if bus bays are up then its clear sign that the area is gearing up for development.

So what's happening to thi development? I see the show flat is still up?

btw,there a church there ....and on fri/sat evening or when there is mass...it jamn until u vomit blood.
    bus bay ...but hardly anyone wait for bus..
    .and all projt there depend on downtown east as eateries...

can find many 999LH projects over there....better dun touch 99LH

wah say devilplate. D17 u oso come. I tot u only D1-D15.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    wah say devilplate. D17 u oso come. I tot u only D1-D15.
    D1,2,4,9,10,11 priced out of my pocket liao..

16,17 aso not bad leh...hehe...i easty guy

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    D1,2,4,9,10,11 priced out of my pocket liao..

16,17 aso not bad leh...hehe...i easty guy
    D16 17 for own stay quite good ... i like

Was told only 2 or 3 PH left. Had wanted to invest in a 3 room about a year ago but then market sentiments not too good. So missed the boat. This project is going to the developer's signature project and its reputation will depend alot on this condo. So I think it will take extra care on this condo. Has some strong points:

private lift
    next to DTE, beach
    not too far from PR MRT

99 years, but my feel is that it won't make much of a difference in 20 years' time cos I think a MRT station will be building right infront of DTE by then.

Also noticed that there will be a new sports/swimming complex nearby. The plot infront of Whitesand can be future mall or mall+residence.

All PH should have sea view. But PH harder to rent it so harder to commit to invest. But the PHs are quite good: duplex, terrace, jacuzzi, pte lift from basement carpark and sea view. Great lifestyle by a nice park.

Minus point: Quite a distance to CBD.

I think I will take a month to mull over this and see if by then the couple of PHs are still there.

Was told only 2 or 3 PH left. Had wanted to invest in a 3 room about a year ago but then market sentiments not too good. So missed the boat. This project is going to the developer's signature project and its reputation will depend alot on this condo. So I think it will take extra care on this condo. Has some strong points:

private lift
    next to DTE, beach
    not too far from PR MRT

99 years, but my feel is that it won't make much of a difference in 20 years' time cos I think a MRT station will be building right infront of DTE by then.

Also noticed that there will be a new sports/swimming complex nearby. The plot infront of Whitesand can be future mall or mall+residence.

All PH should have sea view. But PH harder to rent it so harder to commit to invest. But the PHs are quite good: duplex, terrace, jacuzzi, pte lift from basement carpark and sea view. Great lifestyle by a nice park.

Minus point: Quite a distance to CBD.

I think I will take a month to mull over this and see if by then the couple of PHs are still there.
    so u bought the ph ...?

Checking on NVR (does it mean Neverland?). I am afraid that with NVR launch the price at Coastal Breeze will also move up but I am not sure if I want to invest in a PH. More like 2 or 3 bedder for rental. NVR has the MRT in its vicinity and it will take twice the time for Coastal Breeze than NVR to MRT but if you ask me about locality, I think Coastal Breeze looks more attractive. What you think?

Checking on NVR (does it mean Neverland?). I am afraid that with NVR launch the price at Coastal Breeze will also move up but I am not sure if I want to invest in a PH. More like 2 or 3 bedder for rental. NVR has the MRT in its vicinity and it will take twice the time for Coastal Breeze than NVR to MRT but if you ask me about locality, I think Coastal Breeze looks more attractive. What you think?
    NVR take at least 10min walk to MRT....its the plot behind Livia...for Livia oredi take about 8min to hit MRT

coastal breeze left with big unwanted units leh...u still want meh

NVR take at least 10min walk to MRT....its the plot behind Livia...for Livia oredi take about 8min to hit MRT

coastal breeze left with big unwanted units leh...u still want meh
    Hard to rent out. Those units will appeal more to 3-G family. NVR is closer to MRT la. It's next to Livia and the plot and entrance are nearer to MRT. Should be 5 mins walk for NVR.

The developer advertised Livia at 8 mins walk to MRT and NVR at 6 mins walk. I have a burning question: there's this little plot at the tip of NVR (if you look northward, Livia on the left, NVR on the right, and this little plot at the right tip - MRT further at the right side). It seems that this little plot can build 100-200 units (more if MM types) and can advertise at 4-5 mins to MRT. Is this also part of the "CDL" land mass and is this what CDL is going to do - a THIRD condo on that plot? Nearer and nearer to MRT, prices up and up?

Hard to rent out. Those units will appeal more to 3-G family. NVR is closer to MRT la. It's next to Livia and the plot and entrance are nearer to MRT. Should be 5 mins walk for NVR.
    hey really ar? i drove past few times....they oredi started work on the NV site and the cranes is behind Livia(more towards elias green leh) or i see wrongly...if NV is beside Livia, den it is definitely nearer to MRT and 2bedders at 6xxk , roughly 9xxpsf seems reasonable given subsale 2bedders at Livia oredi transacted at 8xxpsf

The developer advertised Livia at 8 mins walk to MRT and NVR at 6 mins walk. I have a burning question: there's this little plot at the tip of NVR (if you look northward, Livia on the left, NVR on the right, and this little plot at the right tip - MRT further at the right side). It seems that this little plot can build 100-200 units (more if MM types) and can advertise at 4-5 mins to MRT. Is this also part of the "CDL" land mass and is this what CDL is going to do - a THIRD condo on that plot? Nearer and nearer to MRT, prices up and up?
    the whole plot will house 4-5condo projects eventually....and i heard(rumor) tat devt bot the land long long time ago at dirt cheap price( sort of 50psf ppr)

hey really ar? i drove past few times....they oredi started work on the NV site and the cranes is behind Livia(more towards elias green leh) or i see wrongly...if NV is beside Livia, den it is definitely nearer to MRT and 2bedders at 6xxk , roughly 9xxpsf seems reasonable given subsale 2bedders at Livia oredi transacted at 8xxpsf
    Think got units further in also but from the look of entrances of Livia and NVR, NVR is nearer the MRT. The 2 entrances about 2-3 mins walk apart. If at 9xx psf, I think Pasir Ris has its value liao.