Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landed Property - in D15 & D16 (within $1.5mil)

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    try checking out the sub-sale unit for Jewel is any of the owners are really selling... inter-terrace 4080sqft onwards! ask gfoo... he super familiar about that project.

Pet
    They don't like strata ...
    Never mind me.. I have been taking properties off propertyguru and then going there with them .. to view the external....

Once I know what exactly they want in what area... I let you know...
    'coz we went mimosa terraces.. it's new.. it's cheap...it's big... but.... they dont like the crampness there... though they are correct as you must see the night time when the car park there.. The whole place is JAMMED and a lot of uncivic residents... instead of parking their car in their compound.. most park their cars along the road.. and both sides of the road are jammed... really terrible area to live in now ... judging by that... u want to be neighbours with them...

Then go Kovan area... too old.. too cramp... too whatever.. Anyway, they got thousand and one reasons ... sigh...
    Anyway.. you know lah.. now is look around.. .. everyone waiting for the correction to happen...

Aiya give u libang. Plot next to sembawang shopping center, 9000 sqft for 1.35m lowest. Spend 600k to build a 2 storey of your chpice lah. Its a forced sale just out on mon. Go ask ard.

999 yrs 8789 sq ft land area to be exact. There is are 2 single storey semis on it now, super old

Went to EastWood area D16 today, quite alot of nice terraces, semi-D etc. some selling about 1.4 to 1.6mil. Are these good? any comments and advise from the experts here ?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Aiya give u libang. Plot next to sembawang shopping center, 9000 sqft for 1.35m lowest. Spend 600k to build a 2 storey of your chpice lah. Its a forced sale just out on mon. Go ask ard.
    Thanks!
    Will check it out..
    We have been to Penaga Pl to view those new Fragrance Hotel developed Corner terraces.. they liked that place coz it's got "NEW AIR".. all new development..not new development amind old "slumps"..as they put it..
    Got Sea view... but the problem is none of us are working..so daily meal time will be very inconvenient..

But YOUR RECOMMENDATION ..YUMMY... It might seem to be a good buy ... but then ..you never know..they will complain that it is next to sembawan shopping center..the traffic must be terrible.. must be noisy.. exhuast directly blowing at the land.. etc etc.. sigh...

Yesterday, I went Kembawang to view a 5500 land selling for 2.4mil.... I found it nice.. but ...sigh... they heard an MRT passing by..kakaka... so... no go too.. Went Fideolio street to look at the hilltop Semis.. Only those near the road got excellent view.. the rest is packed among each other...

Wa.. driving me crazy ... I already given up .. I think I will let them scott..

By the way.. do you have the agent's contact for the Sembawang plot?
    Wa.. 2 storey cost $300k? I thought on avg around $200-250k per storey .. then maybe landscape the rest of the land at $100-200k budget..
    But yummylicious.. 9000 sqft for $1.35m... GOOD deal..
    Just curious, you have been there and found it not to your liking?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Thanks!
    Will check it out..
    We have been to Penaga Pl to view those new Fragrance Hotel developed Corner terraces.. they liked that place coz it's got "NEW AIR".. all new development..not new development amind old "slumps"..as they put it..
    Got Sea view... but the problem is none of us are working..so daily meal time will be very inconvenient..
    In November last year, my parents actually put down a deposit to buy a terrace there - 1.3m with full ID thrown in (showroom unit). the effective price was 1.28m. and that was in November.

I cancelled the purchase when i took over to do finances after two main things. They were paying almost $6xx+psf for land area. that was ridiculous for a 99year.

Secondly, checks with Semb shipyards, NEA, and forums show tons of complaints about dust fallout from the sandblasting nearby. the only thing protecting you from the full fallout of sandblasting are the sembawang park trees.

lastly, the biggest reason why i chose to cancel was the human and water pollution. On weekends, next to little india, sembawang park is the 'to-go' place for foreign worker picnics and such. although sembawang park area has singapore's last natural beach, man is it small and grossly polluted from the nearby shipyard waste - not to mention the johor straits are already suffering from pollution from factories across the causeway.

in short, unless you want your kids or pets to grow two tails and 6 posable appendages per limb, better not get that area. it's overpriced anyways

In November last year, my parents actually put down a deposit to buy a terrace there - 1.3m with full ID thrown in (showroom unit). the effective price was 1.28m. and that was in November.

I cancelled the purchase when i took over to do finances after two main things. They were paying almost $6xx+psf for land area. that was ridiculous for a 99year.

Secondly, checks with Semb shipyards, NEA, and forums show tons of complaints about dust fallout from the sandblasting nearby. the only thing protecting you from the full fallout of sandblasting are the sembawang park trees.

lastly, the biggest reason why i chose to cancel was the human and water pollution. On weekends, next to little india, sembawang park is the 'to-go' place for foreign worker picnics and such. although sembawang park area has singapore's last natural beach, man is it small and grossly polluted from the nearby shipyard waste - not to mention the johor straits are already suffering from pollution from factories across the causeway.

in short, unless you want your kids or pets to grow two tails and 6 posable appendages per limb, better not get that area. it's overpriced anyways
    Haha.. I wouldn't mind if my kids grow up to be X-men.. I can use them to rob banks..

Anyway, they are aware of the problem of the shipyard but not the mini-india and sandblasting part. So thanks there!

Hey, the sembawang plot that you mentioned.. did you looked at it yourself? where to find the deal?

Haha.. I wouldn't mind if my kids grow up to be X-men.. I can use them to rob banks..

Anyway, they are aware of the problem of the shipyard but not the mini-india and sandblasting part. So thanks there!

Hey, the sembawang plot that you mentioned.. did you looked at it yourself? where to find the deal?
    Just for everyone's information, sandblasting has been banned in Singapore for many years. Shipyards, no longer using sandblasting technique to prime the surfaces to prepare for painting. Shipyards, these days use either copper grits or steel grits - but never sand grits. FYI.

Miss one Corner Terrace, Freehold, in the Changi/Mariam area. Was told its sold for 1.2mil. On second thought last nite till now, maybe its still too high to pay for now... time to Zzzz

D17 Simei-D 99yrs, 1mil to 1.3mil is it worth buying ??? any expert comments here ?

nvr evr buy leasehold landed. waste time

nvr evr buy leasehold landed. waste time
    Agree... It is a depreciating right from the beginning... Cluster homes nowadays are ripped offs too. They sell by Built-up space n not land size. Just to sidetrack: does anyone know any cluster houses that appreciate in value over time?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Agree... It is a depreciating right from the beginning... Cluster homes nowadays are ripped offs too. They sell by Built-up space n not land size. Just to sidetrack: does anyone know any cluster houses that appreciate in value over time?
    Is Teneriffe in Bt Timah considered?

Is Teneriffe in Bt Timah considered?
    It is LH99 landed. Goes back to Rule 1

Serangoon Garden Land Size: 5500sqft. Anyone keen?? Can rebuild into 02 x Semi-Detached!!!

Drop your note into my webby @ www.projectlaunches.com so I can contact you accordingly!

Cheers!
    Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    Serangoon Garden Land Size: 5500sqft. Anyone keen?? Can rebuild into 02 x Semi-Detached!!!

Drop your note into my webby @ www.projectlaunches.com so I can contact you accordingly!

Cheers!
    Pet
    Your website not very user-friendly..
    no pictures, no description, just condo in d15..

I think you need to improve to attract more viewings from that webpage ...

I will stick to propertyguru and iproperty for now.

Thumbs up

Your website not very user-friendly..
    no pictures, no description, just condo in d15..

I think you need to improve to attract more viewings from that webpage ...

I will stick to propertyguru and iproperty for now.
    hi bro, am still in the midst of upgradings and inserting pics, etc. Appreciate if u guys can temporary bear with me first.

Cheers!
    Pet

who is still living the dream of a landed in D15, D16 ???

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    who is still living the dream of a landed in D15, D16 ???
    No More dreams. Took the plunge in 2006 in D 16 and now D15 in 2010.

Lucky stop dreaming, otherwise will still be dreaming today...

Quote Originally Posted by Duku
    No More dreams. Took the plunge in 2006 in D 16 and now D15 in 2010.

Lucky stop dreaming, otherwise will still be dreaming today...
    wah!!! you bought 2 landed in 5 years?
    Or sold the D16 to buy the D15?
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    wah!!! you bought 2 landed in 5 years?
    Or sold the D16 to buy the D15?
    Buy and Sell lah.
    Cannot afford 2 landed properties.