View Poll Results: Double Bay Residences (DBR) - How much $psf will you pay ?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450 - $500 psf

98 29.25%
  • $500 - $550 psf

57 17.01%
  • $550 - $600 psf

49 14.63%
  • $600 - $650 psf

47 14.03%
  • Not Interest - Not worth.

84 25.07%
Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732374247 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

which glass door???

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    You seem very sure Kheng Leong/ China Construction is going to give buyers of DBR a bad quality property. I think most of us would like to hear and learn from you which property is deemed "good quality" coupled with the attractive prices there-or-about DBR's prices with access to MRT, shopping mall, park connectors, etc.

And about that glass door, go look at WFW and WFK. No expert on glass doors but I thought they are sure going to dislodge themselves from the wall pretty quickly.

so long already... still empty land?

WFK already doing the piling, and should be completed by year end.

Pictures taken this morning to share...

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    Yes u r right. First time i saw the model, i liked it but then came
    in for second visit and it occurred to me at that time about how close
    the blks will be - the feeling of the MSCP with waterfall looks good in model but may not be so when its actually built....
    This is what I call bluff feeling .. make you feel good in paper (juz like artist impression with lush greenery when neighbour is HDB etc..). 646 units for that size is really crampy with many enclosing blks ... For real size condo with space layout, visit Melville park abt 2 street away. This is a 99 condo TOP in 1995, 1000 + plus units but the plot size is still 2 and half-time DBR for 1000 units. This is really luxury of free space. Visit the place and compare what i mean. My brother stay there so I visit the place every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    This is what I call bluff feeling .. make you feel good in paper (juz like artist impression with lush greenery when neighbour is HDB etc..). 646 units for that size is really crampy with many enclosing blks ... For real size condo with space layout, visit Melville park abt 2 street away. This is a 99 condo TOP in 1995, 1000 + plus units but the plot size is still 2 and half-time DBR for 1000 units. This is really luxury of free space. Visit the place and compare what i mean. My brother stay there so I visit the place every now and then.
    I agreed. Sometimes i get lost easily,trying to get to my car during first few viewing.
    Checkout the basement carpark,huge! Melville park allow 3-4 car lots.
    4x$65= $260 for HDB parking for 4cars. Maintainance $173. Super wu hua.

What is clearly missing is be free air circulation with so many closed-up structure that you get very stale and warm feeling. Even the enclosed pool is "dead" when there is no breeze around. The waterfall may bring some "wind" but for a 5-storey waterfall, prepare to get tuned to the background "noise" generated. Some resident too close to waterfall may request to shut-down this "nuisance" at some point of them. Remembered this is an enclosed area with so many blocks .. that noise reverbtae through all houshold units. Infact the MRT "noise" is a non-issue here as the train is actually slowing down for complete stop at Simei Stn. Some pointers for DBR residents in future.

Simei Green Condo, an EC just next door is abt 606 units, TOP in 1996 with area much bigger than DBR. I think the space layout is excellent better and the central pool is great with 1.8m ( at deep end ) is juz great for swim.

So sad, all modern condo nowaday squizzed to maximise external no of units (not to mention at same time minimise the internal layout/living areas with bay window and huge balcony). One more thing, the pool depth is only 1.2m deep for all those who don't know already.

I will buy a resale Simei green than DBR in the future.

Aiya, if Simei Green & Melville Park so good, please go ahead. May be when DBR TOP in 2012, Simei Green / Melville Park will even command higher psf than DBR Market is always right ... no need to talk down or talk up a project ... if you want very big space and very fresh air go to Lim Chu Kang best

Construction update: piling done, worker dorms completed
    Last edited by jitkiat; 27-10-09 at 12:19.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Aiya, if Simei Green & Melville Park so good, please go ahead. May be when DBR TOP in 2012, Simei Green / Melville Park will even command higher psf than DBR Market is always right ... no need to talk down or talk up a project ...
    Melville park/simei green need not command highest PSF. So long is priced against the nearby condos,and make it affordable to the next buyer coming along. And yet still generate a 100k profits.

Etc
    Currently Melville 936sqft 550k,to earn 100k need sell 650k in 5-10yrs time. Still affordable to HDB upgraders.
    Simei and Tampines HDB resale 5rooms/EA ranging from 500-690k

Currently DBR 700k,to earn 100k need to sell 800k in 5-10yrs time. Affordable.?

Check up on the monthly transaction for the Modena, Tropical spring,Melville park and Simei Green.
    Melville park monthly transaction is around 17.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Melville park/simei green need not command highest PSF. So long is priced against the nearby condos,and make it affordable to the next buyer coming along. And yet still generate a 100k profits.

Etc
    Currently Melville 936sqft 550k,to earn 100k need sell 650k in 5-10yrs time. Still affordable to HDB upgraders.

Check up on the monthly transaction for the Modena, Tropical spring,Melville park and Simei Green.
    Old condos has its own problems. That's why it is more affordable. Casa Merah 2br currently transacted at 850psf !!! Affordability is relative. Again, let the market decide.

Etc

what kind of analysis is that? older developments cheaper leh.

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Simei Green Condo, an EC just next door is abt 606 units, TOP in 1996 with area much bigger than DBR. I think the space layout is excellent better and the central pool is great with 1.8m ( at deep end ) is juz great for swim.

So sad, all modern condo nowaday squizzed to maximise external no of units (not to mention at same time minimise the internal layout/living areas with bay window and huge balcony). One more thing, the pool depth is only 1.2m deep for all those who don't know already.

I will buy a resale Simei green than DBR in the future.
    Condo and Exec condo are different in many areas, most prominently the price you can fetch during buy/ sell. If EC is what you can afford, by all means buy it.

1) Bay windows are now the regulation in most developments, up-market or mass-market, if you do not already know.
    2) 1.2m is good enough to swim in. Do you need 1.8m?

Actually, HDB is best for you. Big space, no intrusion, no obstruction and can go sports complex to swim in deep pool.

Condo and Exec condo are different in many areas, most prominently the price you can fetch during buy/ sell. If EC is what you can afford, by all means buy it.

1) Bay windows are now the regulation in most developments, up-market or mass-market, if you do not already know.
    2) 1.2m is good enough to swim in. Do you need 1.8m?

Actually, HDB is best for you. Big space, no intrusion, no obstruction and can go sports complex to swim in deep pool.
    What difference ? Simei Green is already way past 5 years EC timeline, now can transact like normal condo. With DBR pricing , now is price booster no doubt 10 year older. Other than that, it is comparable and in fact better than DBR (physical living spacing, layout , yes a good deep swimmable pool). It is true modern condo pool is such a letdown. at 1.2m deep, you have no incentive to swim in it because you are more likely to walk in it !!!

What difference ? Simei Green is already way past 5 years EC timeline, now can transact like normal condo. With DBR pricing , now is price booster no doubt 10 year older. Other than that, it is comparable and in fact better than DBR (physical living spacing, layout , yes a good deep swimmable pool). It is true modern condo pool is such a letdown. at 1.2m deep, you have no incentive to swim in it because you are more likely to walk in it !!!
    99LH condo after 10y at OCR depreciating very fast, beware. Even DBR can only hold max 2-3 years. Just take a look at Astoria Park vs The Trumps or East Meadows vs Casa Merah ... you can continue to enjoy your 1.8m swimming pool if you don't mind the depreciation

what's so great about a deep pool? jump and dive into it? or practice water gymnastics? im happy with the 50m lap pool. at least, you can do laps without kids playing in that pool.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    99LH condo after 10y at OCR depreciating very fast, beware. Even DBR can only hold max 2-3 years. Just take a look at Astoria Park vs The Trumps or East Meadows vs Casa Merah ... you can continue to enjoy your 1.8m swimming pool if you don't mind the depreciation
    All thing being equal , who are the greater fools here (Simei green at 400-450 Psf ten years back) and DBR at 750 - 800 psf. Almost double. Yes, I hear the SG folks continue to enjoy their real swimming while DBR folks can only soak their trunks and costume.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    what kind of analysis is that? older developments cheaper leh.
    Older development cheaper.? For all OLD properties.??
    Congrats, i bet that is your 1st pte property.
    Enjoy.
    Let see who can profit and upgrade to a better portfolio in future.

All thing being equal , who are the greater fools here (Simei green at 400-450 Psf ten years back) and DBR at 750 - 800 psf. Almost double. Yes, I hear the SG folks continue to enjoy their real swimming while DBR folks can only soak their trunks and costume.
    U forgot to mention, with half knee bend..
    If not can soak the trucks, but not the costume.

U forgot to mention, with half knee bend..
    If not can soak the trucks, but not the costume.
    so the pool is for you to stand not to swim?

Older development cheaper.? For all OLD properties.??
    Congrats, i bet that is your 1st pte property.
    Enjoy.
    Let see who can profit and upgrade to a better portfolio in future.
    Many DBR here are first timers (pte pty) that why's the newer is better .. old is cheaper leh mentality. Thanks to DBR, many Simei Greeners have enjoy 14 years of staying and now have a re-rating Upwards of 200-300 psf for their dwelling. That's appreciation or depreciation despite a shorten lease by 15 years ??

I must applaud you for having the courage to say that to you, there is no difference or you do not know the difference between condo and EC. In fact, many people don't but they pretend that they do anyway. The market knows and that is most important. I will never buy an EC at condo prices no matter what the agents tell me. The figures below speak for themselves.

Take recent transactions at almost similar sized apartments for comparison:
    1) Modena/ transacted Aug 09/ 1,410 sqft/ $880,000
    2) Tropical Spring/ transacted Aug 09/ 1,378 sqft/ $845,000
    3) Simei Green/ transacted Sep 09/ 1,378 sqft/ $798,000

Source: http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...ubmitSearch.do

By the way Simei Green is now past 10 years and all restrictions on sales are probably lifted. But why do they still command a much lower price?

I don't care for much about the depth of the pool, or the half glass door in the shower or even the assumed "clutteredness". I know for a fact that once you move in, you use the facilities lesser and lesser often.

I am an investor who has done enough homework to think that this is a good investment. If it makes me money, sell for a profit. If profit is not great, move in and sell my present property. No emotions, no attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Many DBR here are first timers (pte pty) that why's the newer is better .. old is cheaper leh mentality. Thanks to DBR, many Simei Greeners have enjoy 14 years of staying and now have a re-rating Upwards of 200-300 psf for their dwelling. That's appreciation or depreciation despite a shorten lease by 15 years ??
    I would agree with your observation that Simei Green owners gained some price hikes with the recent Parc Lumiere, DBR and Optima bull runs. However, the market is not stupid and will correct itself eventually. People who cashed out had that luck, no questions about that.

Seriously... cross my heart, I was considering Simei Green and its greenery but one look at the 10-year old bathroom and room layouts turned me off immediately. The pool is so-so only. I didn't care about the depth so that's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    what's so great about a deep pool? jump and dive into it? or practice water gymnastics? im happy with the 50m lap pool. at least, you can do laps without kids playing in that pool.
    Agree. Anything more is a waste. 50m length at 1.2m (I assume this guys are correct) is enough for a casually swim. If I want to wet my trunks, I can go over to One Tree or perhaps sit at the jacuzzi and watch "bigini" (Boomz) babes with no brains.

Etc

Wait! You are seriously comparing Melville Park to DBR? I think a fairer comparison would be Tropical Spring and Modena. Simei Green is at a lower league whether you choose to agree or not.

Wait! You are seriously comparing Melville Park to DBR? I think a fairer comparison would be Tropical Spring and Modena. Simei Green is at a lower league whether you choose to agree or not.
    If someone are selling their units there, buyers comparing to the nearby condos for prices.

If u refering simei green of lower league, district 17/18 are alrdy on the lower league. So if there any further to compared of lower league condos.? When all are situated on the lower league district.

I using District 17/18 for comparison, not any other districts.

Im investor,with information on daily transaction figures in/out for all from realtor office.

Thumbs up

Agreed.

Melville Park is one of the cheapest psf condo round the area. Invaded by Indian too.

Simei Green was sponsored by Gov so owners kana 4D, but like it or not, it is still an EC.

Quote Originally Posted by fourth
    Agreed.

Melville Park is one of the cheapest psf condo round the area. Invaded by Indian too.

Simei Green was sponsored by Gov so owners kana 4D, but like it or not, it is still an EC.
    Yes Melville park was the cheapest. That make the price appealing to some old folks,to buy some cheap condo. Just to make use their excessive cpf mony,and take the min risks. And they dont demand much duely for the peanuts price they are paying.

If buyers are paying a premium,they will be demanding for everything.
    Which deal will be easier to be done deal.??

DBR is great place for investment and in terms of project. Cannot compare simei green or melville park as no use.

Yes Melville park was the cheapest. That make the price appealing to some old folks,to buy some cheap condo. Just to make use their excessive cpf mony,and take the min risks. And they dont demand much duely for the peanuts price they are paying.

If buyers are paying a premium,they will be demanding for everything.
    Which deal will be easier to be done deal.??
    Also agree that one can make $$ with property development regardless if new or old.

But to be fair, some trying to compare MP and SG to DBR in terms of stay attractiveness.... this comparision seems too stretched. Before comparing to brand new condo like DBR, note that they cannot even compare close to Modena or Tropical Spring.

Note that even between Modena and Tropical Spring, there is a price difference. Typically Modena lags by 20-50psf. Also, Modena also always have more sellers than Tropical Spring.

So not saying that MP and SG are no good, but comparing them with DBR is quite unthinkable. Personally think DBR way better lah. Not necessary on investment point, but surely on attractiveness and enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by fourth
    Also agree that one can make $$ with property development regardless if new or old.

But to be fair, some trying to compare MP and SG to DBR in terms of stay attractiveness.... this comparision seems too stretched. Before comparing to brand new condo like DBR, note that they cannot even compare close to Modena or Tropical Spring.

Note that even between Modena and Tropical Spring, there is a price difference. Typically Modena lags by 20-50psf. Also, Modena also always have more sellers than Tropical Spring.

So not saying that MP and SG are no good, but comparing them with DBR is quite unthinkable. Personally think DBR way better lah. Not necessary on investment point, but surely on attractiveness and enjoyment.
    Take another 20 mths to see/feel your DBR in reality to understand the meaning of "stay of attractiveness" compared to MP or SG. Anyway, MP with the biggest plot size in Simei remain the no 1 candidate for any future enbloc ..