View Poll Results: Double Bay Residences (DBR) - How much $psf will you pay ?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450 - $500 psf

98 29.25%
  • $500 - $550 psf

57 17.01%
  • $550 - $600 psf

49 14.63%
  • $600 - $650 psf

47 14.03%
  • Not Interest - Not worth.

84 25.07%
Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 381318192021222324252627283338434853 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    I fully concurred with you on this point. It's what a fellow forummer have earlier said - just want to be in dream land /listen to good thing and shut out the rest . Look at these figure (no of units) : New Condo (exp 250) Modena -230 TS (240) DBR (646) SG (602) - almost 2,000 units along Simei st 4/3. Not forgetting along Simei Rise st Melville Park ( 1,232), Savana Condo (648) - almost 1880

In short within a 2km square, you have almost 4,000 units of condo to choose to buy or rent. For renting compete with 1000 units of HDB too.

Those DBR folks, why so happy look at the map layout can see that SG is at least a quarter size bigger yet only 600 units. Can imagine those crampy enclosed condition with 650 unit + MCP + facilities. Honestly it is the worst condo along simei st 4.

Like what an earlier forummer have said what make DBR so special to command higher psf just because they pay a much higher psf than Modena/TS/SG. I think after TOP, it would be the worst performer in term of rental and sales along Simei St 4. Yah I think their Dream Become a scary reality.
    Really? How do u explain why so far we have 3 successful and highly profitable subsales in last 6 months? If you don't like DBR also no need to use words like "the worst condo". Imagine people use the same words against the place where you stay. And I know someone who stay in Simei Green wanting to upgrade to DBR as well as ppl who buy both SG and DBR. So to each his own.

The MND timely release of more land plot for sales at OCR aimed at one primary objective - moderating and probably capping prices. Most developers are rational. Only developer like Far East will do the unthinkable like bidding skyhigh irrationally once a while like Centro in AMK or HK Cheung Kong Grp in Serangoon Ave 3.

Even then AMK and Serangoon Ave 3 have less Condo unit per sq km than Simei Street 3/4/ Simei Rise etc. With potentially 4,000 existing units to compete and only a plot size for 250 units, no sensible developers will attempt to bid at any price that eventually the units must sell above $1,000 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Really? How do u explain why so far we have 3 successful and highly profitable subsales in last 6 months? If you don't like DBR also no need to use words like "the worst condo". Imagine people use the same words against the place where you stay. And I know someone who stay in Simei Green wanting to upgrade to DBR as well as ppl who buy both SG and DBR. So to each his own.
    yes, i also know a guy from simei green who bought a unit in DBR to upgrade. first in the queue at the soft launch.

3 successful subsales in last 6 months means may be 0, 1 or 2 units in the next projected 12 months. That's is a poor sign of things happening already ... Can't you read it.

At TOP time in 2012, there are also many many thousand units island wide also at TOP. It is a buyer market then. DBR is among the 4,000 unit in Simei St 3/4/ Simei Rise st. D15 East Coast, is a much better place than Simei D18. Already East coast is flooded with no less than 2,000 new units.

SG and DBR are both Condo already , why your SG fren want to upgrade to DBR ? At DBR TOP time, he/ she will most probably change her/his mind. Why must be Goondo - pay 200 psf more than he has pay for SG and the physical living condition in DBR (646 vs 600 in smaller plot area) realistically cannot be better than SG.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by The_Way_I_See_It
    The MND timely release of more land plot for sales at OCR aimed at one primary objective - moderating and probably capping prices. Most developers are rational. Only developer like Far East will do the unthinkable like bidding skyhigh irrationally once a while like Centro in AMK or HK Cheung Kong Grp in Serangoon Ave 3.

Even then AMK and Serangoon Ave 3 have less Condo unit per sq km than Simei Street 3/4/ Simei Rise etc. With potentially 4,000 existing units to compete and only a plot size for 250 units, no sensible developers will attempt to bid at any price that eventually the units must sell above $1,000 psf.
    ... correction ...

Serangoon Avenue 3 was won by Singapore's Hong Leong - not HK's Cheung Kong.

3 successful subsales in last 6 months means may be 0, 1 or 2 units in the next projected 12 months. That's is a poor sign of things happening already ... Can't you read it.

At TOP time in 2012, there are also many many thousand units island wide also at TOP. It is a buyer market then. DBR is among the 4,000 unit in Simei St 3/4/ Simei Rise st. D15 East Coast, is a much better place than Simei D18. Already East coast is flooded with no less than 2,000 new units.

SG and DBR are both Condo already , why your SG fren want to upgrade to DBR ? At DBR TOP time, he/ she will most probably change her/his mind. Why must be Goondo - pay 200 psf more than he has pay for SG and the physical living condition in DBR (646 vs 600 in smaller plot area) realistically cannot be better than SG.
    sorry not friend. he's first in the queue, of course chat with him lah. he upgrade to DBR, then try to rent out SG.

I fully concurred with you on this point. It's what a fellow forummer have earlier said - just want to be in dream land /listen to good thing and shut out the rest . Look at these figure (no of units) : New Condo (exp 250) Modena -230 TS (240) DBR (646) SG (602) - almost 2,000 units along Simei st 4/3. Not forgetting along Simei Rise st Melville Park ( 1,232), Savana Condo (648) - almost 1880

In short within a 2km square, you have almost 4,000 units of condo to choose to buy or rent. For renting compete with 1000 units of HDB too.

Those DBR folks, why so happy look at the map layout can see that SG is at least a quarter size bigger yet only 600 units. Can imagine those crampy enclosed condition with 650 unit + MCP + facilities. Honestly it is the worst condo along simei st 4.

Like what an earlier forummer have said what make DBR so special to command higher psf just because they pay a much higher psf than Modena/TS/SG. I think after TOP, it would be the worst performer in term of rental and sales along Simei St 4. Yah I think their Dream Become a scary reality.
    Welcome back and I can see that you are talking out of your ass again . Fully concur with this, fully concur with that. Oh, that's easy to bring a point across.
    1) Why should BDR owners choose to hear what they want to hear? Up to this point, I have not seen any DBR owners criticising another property by claiming that they are old, broken, lousy developer, pay too much, etc.
    2) Why are you bringing those properties outside of St 3/4 into the comparison? Are their attributes; closeness to MRT, mall, park connectors, etc, in line with the new property's location?
    3) Another sneaky attempt to promote SG and talk down DBR? Why not criticise TS or Modena? Does SG offer a better deal compared to the 3 condos along the same road? Again, I believe we all hope that the government can live up to their promise and of course, the market's reactions, to EC owners that after 10 years, their property prices will align themselves with the market prices. Up to today, we are still seeing EC selling below full condo prices and this has been backed up with facts.
    4) Why do you choose to only say that DBR owners are seemingly "happy" that this new development will boost the prices of their properties? Are Modena, TS and even SG owners "not happy" about it? I doubt your views are objective since they are so biased towards SG. Are you an SG owner?
    5) In which way is DBR "the worst condo" along St 3/4? "Worst" can take a meaning to a "sour grapes effect"; I cannot afford so it has to be bad/ worst. Is this your case?
    6) New condos, expectedly, command a higher $ psf compared to those built a few years ago. There is this thing called inflation and people have explained before so why is it so strange that DBR owners are paying higher compared to TS & Modena and certainly SG? Do you think that the new property opposite Eastpoint will command a lower $ psf when launched in 2010 compared to DBR?
    7) You keep implying that DBR owners are fools to pay so much more compared to SG, which is just next door. Why did it hurt you so much?
    8) Why do you think DBR will be the worst performer compared to its neighbors? People are willing to pay more for newer things. Again, that is a fact. Whether the profits DBR can command will be lower than those compared to its neighbors remain to be seen. No one knows and you seem to know... you a fortune teller cum fengshui master or just pretending to be one? What is the scary reality you are saying? You bloody troll!

No need to compare D18 to 1200psf East coast, they are at different locations and at different price points. And for God sake, SG was completed in 1999 ... how can DBR be at the same price as SG?!

Relative to other comtemporary projects, DBR's living space of 346,000sqft (646 units) is actually considered not bad.

Cash Merah site area: 21,876sqm (550 units)
    Optima site area: 9,875sqm (297 units)
    8@W: 10,774sqm (330 units)
    Mi Casa: 19,000sqm (457 units)
    Caspian: 22,000sqm (712 units)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Way_I_See_It

How come all developers think not like you?

Serangoon Avenue 3 bought by Hong Leong at 530psf
    Dakota Crescent bought by UOL at 500psf
    Seletar/Yio Chu Kang site (no MRT) was bought by Far East at 380psf
    Upper Thomson (no MRT) by Cheung Kong at 530psf

I will bet Simei St 3 plot of land at least will attract a bid at 400psf ....

Infact I think it will be at least $450 bid meaning eventually buyer should pay above $850 psf. What I don't think will happen is like $660 ppsf resulting in buyer paying well above $1,100 psf in the case of Centro which some forumer were hoping for.

He still dun believe come one day you will never see condo adver under 1000psf.

No need to compare D18 to 1200psf East coast, they are at different locations and at different price points. And for God sake, SG was completed in 1999 ... how can DBR be at the same price as SG?!

Relative to other comtemporary projects, DBR's living space of 346,000sqft (646 units) is actually considered not bad.

Cash Merah site area: 21,876sqm (550 units)
    Optima site area: 9,875sqm (297 units)
    8@W: 10,774sqm (330 units)
    Mi Casa: 19,000sqm (457 units)
    Caspian: 22,000sqm (712 units)
    I better convert to sqft in case these vacumn heads can't figure out.
    Cash Merah site area: 235,471 sqft (550 units)
    Optima site area: 106,293 sqft (297 units)
    8@W: 115,970sqft (330 units)
    Mi Casa: 204,514sqft (457 units)
    Caspian: 236,806 (712 units)

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    I better convert to sqft in case these vacumn heads can't figure out.
    Cash Merah site area: 235,471 sqft (550 units)
    Optima site area: 106,293 sqft (297 units)
    8@W: 115,970sqft (330 units)
    Mi Casa: 204,514sqft (457 units)
    Caspian: 236,806 (712 units)
    If just by doing a straight-line allocation of space (sqft) of available land to each unit;
    - DBR: 535.6
    - Casa Merah: 428.12
    - Optima: 357.88
    - 8@W: 351.42
    - Mi Casa: 447.51
    - Caspian: 332.59

Looking at the chart, from a technical analysis perspective ... 180 remains as the resistance, if broken, we will be in a quantum leap like in 1988-1996.

Actually Modena/TS was priced as the same as DBR back in the year 2000. Back in 1988, brand new 4-room HDB was only 100,000. Now, the same flat which is 21-y old is sold for 400k. The past two low point were around 100 at 1998, 115 at 2004 and recently 131 at 2009. Each low point is higher than the previous.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jitkiat; 09-11-09 at 13:22.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Don't think we can compare EC to full private condo (never mind that EC can sell to foreigners after 10 years). As a start, EC is supposed to be more cramp, lower quality in terms of quality, fittings etc so that they can be sold cheaper than private condos. Otherwise, no need to have EC (and not that EC land price so much cheaper than private condo, something have to give right?).

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    Welcome back and I can see that you are talking out of your ass again . Fully concur with this, fully concur with that. Oh, that's easy to bring a point across.
    1) Why should BDR owners choose to hear what they want to hear? Up to this point, I have not seen any DBR owners criticising another property by claiming that they are old, broken, lousy developer, pay too much, etc.
    2) Why are you bringing those properties outside of St 3/4 into the comparison? Are their attributes; closeness to MRT, mall, park connectors, etc, in line with the new property's location?
    3) Another sneaky attempt to promote SG and talk down DBR? Why not criticise TS or Modena? Does SG offer a better deal compared to the 3 condos along the same road? Again, I believe we all hope that the government can live up to their promise and of course, the market's reactions, to EC owners that after 10 years, their property prices will align themselves with the market prices. Up to today, we are still seeing EC selling below full condo prices and this has been backed up with facts.
    4) Why do you choose to only say that DBR owners are seemingly "happy" that this new development will boost the prices of their properties? Are Modena, TS and even SG owners "not happy" about it? I doubt your views are objective since they are so biased towards SG. Are you an SG owner?
    5) In which way is DBR "the worst condo" along St 3/4? "Worst" can take a meaning to a "sour grapes effect"; I cannot afford so it has to be bad/ worst. Is this your case?
    6) New condos, expectedly, command a higher $ psf compared to those built a few years ago. There is this thing called inflation and people have explained before so why is it so strange that DBR owners are paying higher compared to TS & Modena and certainly SG? Do you think that the new property opposite Eastpoint will command a lower $ psf when launched in 2010 compared to DBR?
    7) You keep implying that DBR owners are fools to pay so much more compared to SG, which is just next door. Why did it hurt you so much?
    8) Why do you think DBR will be the worst performer compared to its neighbors? People are willing to pay more for newer things. Again, that is a fact. Whether the profits DBR can command will be lower than those compared to its neighbors remain to be seen. No one knows and you seem to know... you a fortune teller cum fengshui master or just pretending to be one? What is the scary reality you are saying? You bloody troll!

Hopefully Li Ka Sing this time get it right with the lucky bidding price

$251338668

屡屡发?

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    If just by doing a straight-line allocation of space (sqft) of available land to each unit;
    - DBR: 535.6
    - Casa Merah: 428.12
    - Optima: 357.88
    - 8@W: 351.42
    - Mi Casa: 447.51
    - Caspian: 332.59
    Ha ha. This is what I meant by clearly a Linear/one-direction way of thinking. Compute plot size by no of units. Are all units flat in one dimension only ?. Given the same amt of physical space say 20,000 sq ft for 40 units - which appear more crampy - 4 towers of 10 units or 10 towers of 4 unit ?. Anybody will tell you that 10 towers of 4 units will be more crampier. Ideally architect should plan for 1 tower of 40 units to free all the physical space outside of the living "boxes". Because of height constraint, developer cannot maximise air space but use the land space instead. Now apply the no of building structures/towers to each condo plot size. That will tell you the degree of "clutterness" feeling is. 1 is the best , 3-4 OK, 5-8 (still can take it) , anything more than 10 (a maze feeling, especially in a confined space). Imagine a first-timer finding ways in the middle of 14 towers enclosed compound.

Ha ha. This is what I meant by clearly a Linear/one-direction way of thinking. Compute plot size by no of units. Are all units flat in one dimension only ?. Given the same amt of physical space say 20,000 sq ft for 40 units - which appear more crampy - 4 towers of 10 units or 10 towers of 4 unit ?. Anybody will tell you that 10 towers of 4 units will be more crampier. Ideally architect should plan for 1 tower of 40 units to free all the physical space outside of the living "boxes". Because of height constraint, developer cannot maximise air space but use the land space instead. Now apply the no of building structures/towers to each condo plot size. That will tell you the degree of "clutterness" feeling is. 1 is the best , 3-4 OK, 5-8 (still can take it) , anything more than 10 (a maze feeling, especially in a confined space). Imagine a first-timer finding ways in the middle of 14 towers enclosed compound.
    i don't know what goes in your mind.. or maybe i have to be stupid to understand what you are trying to say. Here's a report you can go and read up.
    As quoted in the news: "Two-thirds of Double Bay Residences are taken up by four swimming pools and landscape features such as a five-storey high waterfall, an elevated jacuzzi and a sports deck."
    http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/03/07/...ei-condo-sold/

btw, casa merah is also 12 storeys high.

i don't know what goes in your mind.. or maybe i have to be stupid to understand what you are trying to say. Here's a report you can go and read up.
    As quoted in the news: "Two-thirds of Double Bay Residences are taken up by four swimming pools and landscape features such as a five-storey high waterfall, an elevated jacuzzi and a sports deck."
    http://lushhomemedia.com/2009/03/07/...ei-condo-sold/

btw, casa merah is also 12 storeys high.
    That means only one-third of space is where all the 14 towers of living structure. confirmed can peep through neighbour windows already. That's an even worse situation than I thought.

That means only one-third of space is where all the 14 towers of living structure. confirmed can peep through neighbour windows already.
    my goodness, you are so laughable. what a joke you create over here. We provide facts and figures, you just criticise without any proof. hmm... sounds like another id user rapister. only come to criticse at things, not providing any constructive feedback. you should sign up to perform in circus.

oh yah, forgot to mention, you can also be a roti prata seller. tell u a fact, you flip to another thing.

my goodness, you are so laughable. what a joke you create over here. We provide facts and figures, you just criticise without any proof. hmm... sounds like another id user rapister. only come to criticse at things, not providing any constructive feedback. you should sign up to perform in circus.
    You provide a new fact previously unknown to me and I just provide a relook at it from a different realistic perspective to it. Like the TV advert, just want to hear good thing, censured the rest. For DBR, it is better to be outside than to be inside the Living boxes.

You provide a new fact previously unknown to me and I just provide a relook at it from a different realistic perspective to it. Like the TV advert, just want to hear good thing, censured the rest. For DBR, it is better to be outside than to be inside the Living boxes.

repeat repeat.. aren't you tired? always use this advert to distract when you can't think of anything else to substantiate your comments?

we provide lots of new facts to you, but you also don't seem to absorb that.
    hmm... pardon me, forgotten that you not that bright, take a longer time to absorb and understand.

It is not that DBR owners only want to hear good things. There are people who provide pros and cons backed by facts and give a fair comparison to comparable projects at the same price nearby. For example, if you say WFW/WFK/Caspian are better for nature lovers due to its proximity to lake/ reservoir or Casa Merah is more exclusive / quiet, Optima has better interior finishing, The Bayshore has more living space compared to DBR; then I think there is nothing DBR owners can say. Instead, you chose to criticize DBR based on 13-y old Simei Green EC which looks only slightly bigger on the map with almost the same number of units ?!

It is not that DBR owners only want to hear good things. There are people who provide pros and cons backed by facts and give a fair comparison to comparable projects at the same price nearby. For example, if you say WFW/WFK are better for nature lovers due to its proximity to Bedok Reservoir or Casa Merah is more exclusive / quiet, The Bayshore has more living space compared to DBR; then I think there is nothing DBR owners can say. Instead, you chose to criticize DBR based on 13-y old SG?!
    yah, i also can't apprehend that too. Luckily they never say MP has the best facilities around. I will fall off my chair laughing.

That's confirmed my "clutterness" feeling in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by matadorepy
    That's confirmed my "clutterness" feeling in the first place.
    i was wondering where did you go. kinda miss your circus action here. who knows you are pairing up with qianfuqui. seems like his jester performance are done, what you are going to perform?

Then if DBR turned up with 300+ sqft for each unit then you will tell a different story.
    Anyway, I will not disagree with your example but each developer has to maximise revenue while at the same time provide a certain level of living standard to buyers. In some ways, you answered your own question/ points:
    - Air space. You cannot build higher.
    - You feel very strongly about "clutterness" because you assume everyone will use the facilities at the same time all the time. Don't think for people. Let them think for themselves if the space created by the architect works for them. Some just prefer to stay indoors.
    - 1st timer feels lost almost everytime they go to new places. Would you feel lost if you stay there? Don't assume everyone is "lost" like you.
    Now, will you answer the questions posed to you earlier?

i was wondering where did you go. kinda miss your circus action here. who knows you are pairing up with qianfuqui. seems like his jester performance are done, what you are going to perform?
    Yep, the "clown-swallowing-flaming-sword-on-unicycle" is next.