View Poll Results: Double Bay Residences (DBR) - How much $psf will you pay ?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450 - $500 psf

98 29.25%
  • $500 - $550 psf

57 17.01%
  • $550 - $600 psf

49 14.63%
  • $600 - $650 psf

47 14.03%
  • Not Interest - Not worth.

84 25.07%
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 111621263136373839404142434445465156 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1739

Thread: Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

based on current pricing of 900psf+ for its 3bdrm, i think price still quite decent compared to the newer launches..too bet my pocket's not deep enough to get a unit here

$1m budget only and looking for 3bedders.. Wonder if can get a good unit

Just try, hurry, buy before price go up.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    $1m budget only and looking for 3bedders.. Wonder if can get a good unit
    When i was looking at dbr previously, there are several sizes for their 3 bdrms..1259, 1270, 1313 and etc...
    Depend on stack and facing. But think unlikely at 1mil for a 3 bdrm...1.1mil i think you got good chance.

however, some agents were telling me then that most 3 bdrms were going for 900psf+...Prob u can call some of them to find out.

any one knows the construction cost of this development?

Quote Originally Posted by terence
    however, some agents were telling me then that most 3 bdrms were going for 900psf+...Prob u can call some of them to find out.
    Correct. Owners are asking but hardly any transactions at 900, only 1 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    Correct. Owners are asking but hardly any transactions at 900, only 1 so far.
    you still around. i thought you probably sell your unit like jitkiat too. seems like part of scaffolding has been removed for some blocks, we probably can see the progress better now.

Zoom in from Eastpoint Mall.

thanks for sharing. wonder when the rest would be ready!

hahahahahahahahash

Quote Originally Posted by jeannette
    thanks for sharing. wonder when the rest would be ready!

Default ddb

anyone cld ID this blk that is almost complete externally?
    shld be 19- something

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Zoom in from Eastpoint Mall.

It looks like Blk 21D.

They have removed everything on block 21D....tat's my block...
    Quite dissappointing for now cause it looks quite similar with the latest DBSS at Simei.. hope it will be different upon completion...

For now, we are just praying that we can live with the MRT sound zooming by every mins..

you got to go there, face your unit, then walk out the equivalent of 50 to 100 meters in the opposite direction to experience it.

If u find the noise unbearable. Better sell off quickly and take profit.

Bought it from subsale...not much profit left ..
    Die die must stay there, cause staying with in-laws now...
    My in-laws place is near to MRT too, and guess we're already inmuned to the noise from the trains..in fact, most of the time i didn't hear it...
    If the resident from nearby condos can bear with it for that long, i think i should be able handle it.....let's hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    you still around. i thought you probably sell your unit like jitkiat too. seems like part of scaffolding has been removed for some blocks, we probably can see the progress better now.
    Yo.. Jitkiat the smart one after digesting so much info here ... quickly offload liao .. I tink he rate Simei Green better .. he he. No offence folk.

Quote Originally Posted by evilllll
    My in-laws place is near to MRT too, and guess we're already inmuned to the noise from the trains..in fact, most of the time i didn't hear it...
    If the resident from nearby condos can bear with it for that long, i think i should be able handle it.....let's hope so...
    don worry. i lived near mRT station before. the noise is not affecting at all. jus cannt understand some forumer keep saying is horrible. wonder whether have they experience themselve or jus hearsay??

It's not so bad la.. I stay near mrt.. Juz think of the convenience

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    don worry. i lived near mRT station before. the noise is not affecting at all. jus cannt understand some forumer keep saying is horrible. wonder whether have they experience themselve or jus hearsay??
    Different ppl different tolerance

Live near mrt and facing mrt track is totally different

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Different ppl different tolerance

Live near mrt and facing mrt track is totally different
    but i lived facing mrt/mrt station leh. unless different station generate different level of noise? mrt already in operation since 1988, which is more than 20 yrs. if is really tat bad why only now then ppl complain?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    but i lived facing mrt/mrt station leh. unless different station generate different level of noise? mrt already in operation since 1988, which is more than 20 yrs. if is really tat bad why only now then ppl complain?
    Where got now only ppl complain....

Got many condos to buy wat....so y torture urself n get a unit tat facing mrt track? U can tolerate but ur wife, ur baby, ur kid etc how?

I even complain disco is super noisy

Thanks all for your assurance....u never try, u never know...can't wait to move in soon...

Since this project come with pneumatic refuse system, are they the same as those found on new HDB projects? You have to leave your house to throw rubbish down the chute??

Quote Originally Posted by curio
    It's not so bad la.. I stay near mrt.. Juz think of the convenience
    If buying for adults then fine..but If buying to stay with family think of the babies too...
    For adults is ok.. but you want your newborn to suffer mrt noise?.. who knows the ill effects it might have on their health...may get hearing problems..

BTW interesting article on the noise effects..
    http://aappolicy.aappublications.org...rics;100/4/724

i think the noise is still within an acceptable level and i like the convenience of staying near MRT station.

If it's not good for babies, i guess many families will be affected in Singapore. I lived near main road before and the noise there is even worse than the MRT. And worse, it's 24 hours noise pollution from modified/spoilt exhaust system..At least MRT will stop between midnight and 6am everyday...

As for pneumatic refuse system, believe me, u would rather bring your rubbish out and throw it like HDB system because I've lived in a new development with in-house chute before. Within months of staying, my neighbour from 2-5th floors start to complain abt pest infestation in their premises... cockroaches, ants and funny insects... And a few months later, i can see small cockroaches and ants in my kitchen too. And BTW, I'm at 16th floor... So we have to spray insecticide every night at the chute to prevent unwanted members in our family...

Just my 2 cents worth...

The frequency of trains can be extremely high in the mornings. -i.e. every couple of minutes.
    It will be like having an alarm clock that can't be snoozed.
    Train starts operation as early as 5:00 AM++
    http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/stations/simei.html

Wish you all the best, DBR residents. Ganbatte !

i think the noise is still within an acceptable level and i like the convenience of staying near MRT station.

If it's not good for babies, i guess many families will be affected in Singapore. I lived near main road before and the noise there is even worse than the MRT. And worse, it's 24 hours noise pollution from modified/spoilt exhaust system..At least MRT will stop between midnight and 6am everyday...

As for pneumatic refuse system, believe me, u would rather bring your rubbish out and throw it like HDB system because I've lived in a new development with in-house chute before. Within months of staying, my neighbour from 2-5th floors start to complain abt pest infestation in their premises... cockroaches, ants and funny insects... And a few months later, i can see small cockroaches and ants in my kitchen too. And BTW, I'm at 16th floor... So we have to spray insecticide every night at the chute to prevent unwanted members in our family...

Just my 2 cents worth...
    Depends on ur unit facing....jus make sure ur unit is not facing the mrt track n got any blocks shield u anot

And den pls dun use main road as an comparison....those facing xpressway definitely worse den facing mrt track etc....

I always say it doesnt make u less fat by comparing wif sm1 fatter den u

i'm comparing main road/mrt based on my own experience with both and my own preference...It doesn't have to be main road also, even single lane road are prone to noise pollution. Units facing the pool may also face noise pollution from the people playing by the pool, so it really depends on your tolerance level and your pocket....My pocket is not so BIG to choose what i want...

So in the end, I choose a unit facing MRT track.. i will share my experience here when i receive my key..

One main's meat is another man's poison....