View Poll Results: Double Bay Residences (DBR) - How much $psf will you pay ?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450 - $500 psf

98 29.25%
  • $500 - $550 psf

57 17.01%
  • $550 - $600 psf

49 14.63%
  • $600 - $650 psf

47 14.03%
  • Not Interest - Not worth.

84 25.07%
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Eh.. how does that work out...

the avg selling price is $600-650..
    but the neice got it at $456... and it is stated with only 3% early bird discount and no further discount given.
    He got the unit with PES.

Default Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

but the neice got it at $456... and it is stated with only 3% early bird discount and no further discount given.

Normally, smaller unit has higher psf price(eg 1 bedroom)

Larger unit has lower psf price
    the S$600 plus should apply to 2 to 3+1 unit ....

Some of the 3br units with pes are indeed around this price but they are those with bad facing. The better units with say poolview are all going for around $1mil or more ie $500plus psf. From the floor area given I'm quite sure hers is the one with poolview. Therefore, even with 3% disc it should still be around $500 psf. No where near $456 psf. They just played with the figures to make it look like only 3% by lowering their so called "list price". so much for transparency.

Hmm.. how do you find out the price for larger units..
    coz when I ask.. it seems that most agents will tell you that it's the same psf for larger apartments ...

Hmm.. how do you find out the price for larger units..
    coz when I ask.. it seems that most agents will tell you that it's the same psf for larger apartments ...

I was looking to buy a ground flr unit there. They probably could tell that u are not going for the big units so they didnt want to tell u. cos once u compare the psf u will think their smaller units are overpriced....and i think they are!! I visited the showflats few times and was served by diff agents....all gave me diff info.

Went to the showroom to see what's all the buzz about DB. Honestly, not impressed with the design. This project had too much wasted space for the planter box and bay window. Although its written say 1270 sqft for the three bedrooms, actual livable space is very small. Plus the showroom is rather deceiving; if you looked carefully, certain rooms are built without the bay windows.

Exclamation

Not only the showroom is deceiving, the agents are not entirely honest with layout queries and availability of units.. They also do not disclose certain facts. How many of the buyers here or those who had visited th.e showflat was being told that the rubbish chute is at the lift lobby? multi storey carpark plus common rubbish chute...just like a "glamourised" hdb.

Quote Originally Posted by etml
    I was looking to buy a ground flr unit there. They probably could tell that u are not going for the big units so they didnt want to tell u. cos once u compare the psf u will think their smaller units are overpriced....and i think they are!! I visited the showflats few times and was served by diff agents....all gave me diff info.
    How to let them know that I am going for the big units ?
    Must I hang my bank accounts in the private banks for them to know?

Not only the showroom is deceiving, the agents are not entirely honest with layout queries and availability of units.. They also do not disclose certain facts. How many of the buyers here or those who had visited th.e showflat was being told that the rubbish chute is at the lift lobby? multi storey carpark plus common rubbish chute...just like a "glamourised" hdb.
    That's why. DBR is only for rental investment. Not for own stay. Anythings bigger then 2 bedder should not touch.

How to let them know that I am going for the big units ?
    Must I hang my bank accounts in the private banks for them to know?

well as we all know majority of the units sold are studios and 2br...so i supposed they just assume most ppl are there for the smaller units unless u show very keen interest in the big ones. The small units are low in absolute px and thus easier to get ppl to commit there and then. Whereas the big units are usually for own occupation and with larger cash outlay....we tend to consider a lot more.

I don't think they simply look at how fat your bank acc is. I was shabbily dressed in tank top shorts and flip flop...definitely looked like i cant even afford a studio They would normally ask how many bedrms we r interested in and for own stay or investment...and they see if u are there alone, with friends or family. so roughly from there they could tell the buyers' profile. As for me...my kids were having a lot of "fun" at the water feature and they could tell i like the big pes a lot...probably fr my facial expressions haha.

What puts me off is the agent's sales tactics...they all seems to hv diff tricks up in their sleeves. The 1st agent shortlisted a couple of so called gd poolview units for me which i later found out that they are actually sunken, can't see the main pool at all. Then the next day he kept calling me to give him a chq within 2 hrs cos many buyers are eyeing my units and he cant hold for me for too long. Til now the units are still not sold.

few days later i went again this time alone and this 2nd agent told me all the ground flr units were so popular that all sold except for 1 left. Price seemed attractive at about just under 500psf with poolview....but i realised it's got direct afternoon sun. Again i found out later that most of the 3 and 3+1 pes units are still available. in fact only a handful (<5) sold. Was he trying to get rid of the lousy unit? or he thought i can't afford it anyway? I also asked him where the rubbish chute was as i noticed its not in the flrplans....he pointed to where the washing machine supposed to be and said shld be there. i pointed out to him that that's allocated for washing machine...he act blur then anyhow pointed to another void area and said "oh then must be here". What did he take me for? stupid or what?!!

So buyers pls beware. This project does hv some of it's gd pts too in terms of facilities. If u ppl still like this plc despite all the inconvenience....do your own homework b4 signing on the dotted line. Don't trust the agents.

So buyers pls beware. This project does hv some of it's gd pts too in terms of facilities. If u ppl still like this plc despite all the inconvenience....do your own homework b4 signing on the dotted line. Don't trust the agents.
    Agreed, I always hang around the waterfront waves showroom even after getting mine... some visitors asked about the 2-brm unit facing, agents told them those units are facing the park. good view. You know what, those units are all facing HDB and its only 50m away. Now, all the 2-brm units hav been fully sold. What will you feel if you only realize your unit is facing HDB when TOP?

Smile

All they care abt is their comm. noblebaby since u mentioned facing. I just like to share 1 more thing. actually I had zeroed in to 1 poolview unit and was trying to neg for some disc. Developer turned down my offer and I was'nt willing to give in as well. I'm very firm abt paying what I think its worth.Then the agent tried to recommend me another non poolview unit which is more than 100k cheaper. He kept telling me how value for money it was, got nice garden view, quieter and more privacy. guess wat? its actually facing a walkway and condo fencing ... and next to it is the children playground! what a joke!

Default ai ya

All they care abt is their comm. noblebaby since u mentioned facing. I just like to share 1 more thing. actually I had zeroed in to 1 poolview unit and was trying to neg for some disc. Developer turned down my offer and I was'nt willing to give in as well. I'm very firm abt paying what I think its worth.Then the agent tried to recommend me another non poolview unit which is more than 100k cheaper. He kept telling me how value for money it was, got nice garden view, quieter and more privacy. guess wat? its actually facing a walkway and condo fencing ... and next to it is the children playground! what a joke!

Ai ya the best is just zero in on your choice unit and negotiate, why care about other units facing this and that afterall you are not interested why waste time and energy????????

I agree, hang around the showroom after you've purchased your unit.
    Hate those money grubbing agents... Keep the fact sheet clean and clear, only then people will trust and engage your services in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Agreed, I always hang around the waterfront waves showroom even after getting mine... some visitors asked about the 2-brm unit facing, agents told them those units are facing the park. good view. You know what, those units are all facing HDB and its only 50m away. Now, all the 2-brm units hav been fully sold. What will you feel if you only realize your unit is facing HDB when TOP?

Exactly! i hv already laid all my cards on the table. Told them this is the unit i want and this is my final offer. Take it or leave it. if ok i signed a cheque right away if not i'll just walk right out....and thats what we did But at the door our friend still small trying asking why i don't want to consider that "garden view" unit....die die want his comm...give up! Anyway eventually i managed to get the msg across, i only want the best or nothing at all. He stopped bugging me.

Just rmbr something funny. I was asking abt the mrt noise and we were standing inside one of the showflats. That joker who told me that the washing machine is a rubbish chute replied "oh don't worry u won't hear it at all...see now we can't hear a thing rite?" Hello...we were inside the aircon showflat all enclosed....of course cannot hear lah.

all agent will promote on good points and hide all bad points

they telling white lies.....

If we agent one day , Im sure we will do the same as them lor

The key points is do your homework....

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    all agent will promote on good points and hide all bad points

they telling white lies.....

If we agent one day , Im sure we will do the same as them lor

The key points is do your homework....
    there are also good agents out there... not all are bad.

i agree there are some agents around. But hiding the bad pts and passing off bad units as gd ones is definitely unethical and not just telling white lies. white lies is when u are doing it for the other parties interest hor...

so yes like I've said earlier. onus is on us to do our own homework. buying property is a big commitment. don't be led by others or agents for that matter

When i went to view the showflat, the agent tell me, got this got that. blah blah. but we all know what should have and what shouldn't, but we still go ahead to buy. After all, interior can be changed, whereas location, facing, surroundings are external factors which we can't decide. There are bound to be good and bad agents, just whether we want to be fools to be taken for a ride for.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    When i went to view the showflat, the agent tell me, got this got that. blah blah. but we all know what should have and what shouldn't, but we still go ahead to buy. After all, interior can be changed, whereas location, facing, surroundings are external factors which we can't decide. There are bound to be good and bad agents, just whether we want to be fools to be taken for a ride for.

Hi, it is Ok to have the rubbish chute outside...

usually fumigation will be conducted weekly of the rubbish chute, and mamgt office will place circular to remind resident to seal up the rubbish chute with tape to prevent smell or insect from getting into your unit due to fumigation, so if the rubbish chute is outside and not far from unit, it is still acceptable...my opinion...

Double Bay so far is the best in facilities compared to MIcasa, Caspian which I have visited...just the 5 story waterfall and elevated jacuzzi are already so alluring...not to mention others which are additonal facilities to the already condo full facilities...good choice of buying for own stay...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Hi, it is Ok to have the rubbish chute outside...

usually fumigation will be conducted weekly of the rubbish chute, and mamgt office will place circular to remind resident to seal up the rubbish chute with tape to prevent smell or insect from getting into your unit due to fumigation, so if the rubbish chute is outside and not far from unit, it is still acceptable...my opinion...

Double Bay so far is the best in facilities compared to MIcasa, Caspian which I have visited...just the 5 story waterfall and elevated jacuzzi are already so alluring...not to mention others which are additonal facilities to the already condo full facilities...good choice of buying for own stay...
    You seems to hv a lot of nice things to say abt DB. Are u planning to get one unit for youself?

You seems to hv a lot of nice things to say abt DB. Are u planning to get one unit for youself?

Oh i think it is personal taste and likings play an important part, for me, most important to me is the faciltiies and the overall aesthetic view which I feel DB is great....but this may not appeal to others...so it more of personal opinion which I believe buyer of DB share some similar view in one way or the others...maybe that is why every condo has a theme to appeal different people...my personal view only....

Smile

Yes I already know that DB appeals to you. But I'm just curious to know if u are a potential buyer if u don't mind telling. I myself is quite keen but it seems that none of the guys in this thread actually bought a unit. Just like to hear from ppl who actually bought or seriously considering buying what they like abt DB.

Yes I already know that DB appeals to you. But I'm just curious to know if u are a potential buyer if u don't mind telling. I myself is quite keen but it seems that none of the guys in this thread actually bought a unit. Just like to hear from ppl who actually bought or seriously considering buying what they like abt DB.

Hi, buying condo is a personal thing, I believe it is good to share view and opinion on what our likes or dislikes as mentioned.. If conditions under your consideration for purchasing are right for you, I trust that u can decide whether to go ahead to purchase...

Yah I bought already. 2+1 bedroom. why didn't you buy yet?

Unhappy

Yah I bought already. 2+1 bedroom. why didn't you buy yet?
    Congrats! Did u get the earlybird discounts? I made an offer but was rejected by them...

yah, was the 4th in Q on the soft launch. Dropped out after thinking the price is abit high, then went back in the evening to finally ink the deal, and still got the 3% discount. now it seems that they have marked up the price and without any discount. u getting 2+1 too?

Smile

yah, was the 4th in Q on the soft launch. Dropped out after thinking the price is abit high, then went back in the evening to finally ink the deal, and still got the 3% discount. now it seems that they have marked up the price and without any discount. u getting 2+1 too?
    Since u though the px was high why did u buy it eventually? They haven't increased px but took away the disc. The initial fever has died down. This is only 3rd or 4th? wk after the launch, the showflat is already quite empty. On wkdays only a handful of buyers, even on wkends there are more agents than buyers. Im looking at 3+1. went to see WW and Livia, their prices are more attractive and rooms are bigger. They are also more open for negotiation and willing to entertain modification request. So now I'm deciding btw these 2

Since u though the px was high why did u buy it eventually? They haven't increased px but took away the disc. The initial fever has died down. This is only 3rd or 4th? wk after the launch, the showflat is already quite empty. On wkdays only a handful of buyers, even on wkends there are more agents than buyers. Im looking at 3+1. went to see WW and Livia, their prices are more attractive and rooms are bigger. They are also more open for negotiation and willing to entertain modification request. So now I'm deciding btw these 2
    We did a recall of those projects that we visited before, like Casa Merah and WW, but none of the 2+1 or 2 bedrooms were given a favourable view. Even if it did, it was priced at 720psf, so with only 654psf (after IAS and 3% disc), I get a lap pool view, no afternoon sun, not near to mrt, I guess it's reasonable and affordable already. there maybe many genuine buyers like us, so I don't want to give up this unit just because of 10k difference. moreover, all 2+1 units are sold out already except for one very last one at stack 14.