View Poll Results: Double Bay Residences (DBR) - How much $psf will you pay ?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450 - $500 psf

98 29.25%
  • $500 - $550 psf

57 17.01%
  • $550 - $600 psf

49 14.63%
  • $600 - $650 psf

47 14.03%
  • Not Interest - Not worth.

84 25.07%
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Bay Residences, Simei St4 (D18, 99LH, 646units, UOL/Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Property price may cheong again as we have received another inflationary confirmation of gold/oil/stock/sugar breaking significant resistance while those who hold cash (especially USD) continue to be punished with super-low rate.
    Property loan is long term (20-30yrs?) while super low rate is short term. Just look at Sibor and Sor, and compare their 3 month rates to 12 months. The market has already priced in higher rates a year from now. And if what you say is true, that is, strong inflationaary pressure going forward, central banks will hike rates.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Property loan is long term (20-30yrs?) while super low rate is short term. Just look at Sibor and Sor, and compare their 3 month rates to 12 months. The market has already priced in higher rates a year from now. And if what you say is true, that is, strong inflationaary pressure going forward, central banks will hike rates.

Central banks will hike rates? And that will kill any chances for economic recovery.
    So are u sure.?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Central banks will hike rates? And that will kill any chances for economic recovery.
    So are u sure.?
    Do you seriously think they wouldn't? I think Japan has started already if I am right.

The whole world is looking at US for rate hike but US is not ready.

Back to construction update:

- Expected date of completion put up at notice board outside the construction site: May 2012.
    - The current showflat is on the playground so no piling required
    - Left 40+ units
    - Worker dorms almost done

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by echotrain
    Do you seriously think they wouldn't? I think Japan has started already if I am right.
    BOJ increased its interest rates? I think it is not correct leh.
    The only country in Asia Pacific that has done so is Australia. All the rest, i.e. South Korea, Japan, China, etc. have kept their rates unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJ

Japan Upgrades View on Economy
    The Bank of Japan's policy board slightly upgraded its economic view Thursday for the first time since July, as it kept its interest-rate target unchanged
    Bank Of Japan
    Thursday, 17 September 2009

Statement on Monetary Policy

1. At the Monetary Policy Meeting held today, the Policy Board of the Bank of Japan decided, by a unanimous vote,1 to set the following guideline for money market operations for the intermeeting period:
    The Bank of Japan will encourage the uncollateralized overnight call rate to remain at around 0.1%.

2. Japan's economic conditions are showing signs of recovery. Public investment is increasing,and exports and production are also increasing against a backdrop of progress in inventory adjustments both at home and abroad as well as a recovery in overseas economies, especially emerging economies. On the other hand, business fixed investment is declining mainly reflecting weak corporate profits. Private consumption, while there are some signs of a pick-up mainly attributable to the effects of various policy measures, remains generally weak amid the worsening employment and income situation. Meanwhile, financial conditions, with some severity lingering, are increasingly showing signs of improvement. The year-on-year rate of decline in the CPI (excluding fresh food) has accelerated mainly due to the prices of petroleum products, which are lower than their high levels a year ago, in addition to the substantial slack persisting in the economy as a whole.

3. The Bank's baseline scenario through fiscal 2010, in which expectations of medium- to long-term growth are assumed to remain generally unchanged, projects that the economy will start recovering from the latter half of fiscal 2009; this recovery will be supported partly by the positive effects of measures to stabilize the financial system and of fiscal and monetary policy measures, as well as by a recovery in overseas economies and improvements in conditions in global financial markets. With regard to prices, the year-on-year rate of decline in the CPI will likely accelerate somewhat for the time being. However, assuming that medium- to long-term inflation expectations remain stable, the rate of decline in the CPI is expected to moderate from the latter half of fiscal 2009 as the effects of the changes in the prices of petroleum products abate. If these developments continue, there are prospects for Japan's economy to return to a sustainable growth path with price stability in the longer run. However, the outlook is attended by a significant level of uncertainty stemming mainly from developments in overseas economies and global financial markets.

4. While there are signs of a better-than-projected recovery in emerging economies, risks to the economy are still on the downside, stemming from future developments in the global financial and economic situation, as well as from changes in firms' medium- to long-term growth expectations. With regard to prices, there is a possibility that inflation will decline more than expected, if the downside risks to the economy materialize or medium- to long-term inflation expectations decline.

5. The Bank, paying attention for the time being to the downside risks to economic activity and prices, will continue to exert its utmost efforts as the central bank to facilitate the return of Japan's economy to a sustainable growth path with price stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    BOJ increased its interest rates? I think it is not correct leh.
    The only country in Asia Pacific that has done so is Australia. All the rest, i.e. South Korea, Japan, China, etc. have kept their rates unchanged.
    Bcos all these countries export their stuff to the US. If their rates go up b4 the US, hot money will quickly move in and strengthen their currencies, reducing export competitiveness, so they are forced to maintain almost zero interest differential with the US/Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    The whole world is looking at US for rate hike but US is not ready.

Back to construction update:

- Expected date of completion put up at notice board outside the construction site: May 2012.
    - The current showflat is on the playground so no piling required
    - Left 40+ units
    - Worker dorms almost done
    looks like I can start buying my household items in 2011.

DBR has great potential in years to come. Changi business park is developing and expo. The new tourist hotel is opening soon followed singapore 4th university and united world college. Nearby got japanese school. Many expatriate shall stay around this location. Great investment for rental yield.

you forget to add "selling out soon" "grab before price increase further" and "one of the Best Selling Project".

very very true......................

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    you forget to add "selling out soon" "grab before price increase further" and "one of the Best Selling Project".

Default Some updates 21 Oct

Pictures taken this morning to share...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    Pictures taken this morning to share...
    was there last sunday, seems like still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    was there last sunday, seems like still the same.
    So what's next? Piling?

any news abt sub sale recently?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

To all buyers

did you get ur agent/the developer to list down what exactly the final product will be vis-a-vis the showroom(SR)? Of cos wont be 100% but the agent said the Oven (Electrolux), taps , faucets, shower heads (Grohe) will be same brand as shown in the SR. The finishing for the kitchen and the wall for the master shower area will be as it is. Of cos wont be expecting the lightings, wall papers and some of the mirrors.

The S&P agreement is too general.

thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by beemer75
    To all buyers

did you get ur agent/the developer to list down what exactly the final product will be vis-a-vis the showroom(SR)? Of cos wont be 100% but the agent said the Oven (Electrolux), taps , faucets, shower heads (Grohe) will be same brand as shown in the SR. The finishing for the kitchen and the wall for the master shower area will be as it is. Of cos wont be expecting the lightings, wall papers and some of the mirrors.

The S&P agreement is too general.

thanks for reading
    Specs are always subjected to changes by developers .. Don't own a unit here. But have been to showroom before. The bedroom wadropes and kitchen cabinets does not impressed me at all. Very unfunctional. I have seen better wardope and kitchen cabinets that are more practicals by developer a such as FrasersCentrepoint. This one is a real let down. I am not surprise some owners nay redo it after getting their key. This is such a let down for UOL Kheng Leong. I hope the other areas are better ...

Infact it is nice. And with such low PSF and great location it is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by matadorepy
    Specs are always subjected to changes by developers .. Don't own a unit here. But have been to showroom before. The bedroom wadropes and kitchen cabinets does not impressed me at all. Very unfunctional. I have seen better wardope and kitchen cabinets that are more practicals by developer a such as FrasersCentrepoint. This one is a real let down. I am not surprise some owners nay redo it after getting their key. This is such a let down for UOL Kheng Leong. I hope the other areas are better ...

Do agree with you. How about the constructor: China construction, any idea are they good?

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    Do agree with you. How about the constructor: China construction, any idea are they good?
    Alamak ... you are sure South China Construction is the main contractor .. Building quality-wise they are OK and alright but I suspect their material quality used always inferior... They are low-cost builder and their building quality is let-down by their cheap quality material used. This is evidenced by their projects I won't say. Solei @sinaran is also by them but I suspect their material quality will be much much better because of higher psf. So don't expect much for DBR since Tanumby say it is a low psf project.

Another thing I don't like is the overall clutterness of the place - with 14 enclosing blocks of 12 storey plus the central MSCP and swimming area. A lot of people don't realise this feeling from the model ..with many blocks not actually shown. The actual build-up plus facilities when you see a TOP, you will be shocked how close it is to each other. Not a good feeling. UOL/Kheng Leong really know how to exploit to the maximum for 646 units. This is my fair comment - see it to feel it at TOP time to confirm this feeling.

Another thing I don't like is the overall clutterness of the place - with 14 enclosing blocks of 12 storey plus the central MSCP and swimming area. A lot of people don't realise this feeling from the model ..with many blocks not actually shown. The actual build-up plus facilities when you see a TOP, you will be shocked how close it is to each other. Not a good feeling. UOL/Kheng Leong really know how to exploit to the maximum for 646 units. This is my fair comment - see it to feel it at TOP time to confirm this feeling.
    yah, just wait for TOP and see whether our comments are far fetch or actual.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Alamak ... you are sure South China Construction is the main contractor .. Building quality-wise they are OK and alright but I suspect their material quality used always inferior... They are low-cost builder and their building quality is let-down by their cheap quality material used. This is evidenced by their projects I won't say. Solei @sinaran is also by them but I suspect their material quality will be much much better because of higher psf. So don't expect much for DBR since Tanumby say it is a low psf project.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. There is no South China Construction, only China Construction, http://www.chinaconstruction.com.sg/. Are their condo projects normally built of inferior materials vs the others? Please show an example or just hear-say?

Is DBR a low psf project? Median prices psf of popular projects around the same region are:
    - Livia: 646
    - Oasis@Elias: 639
    - Waterfront Waves: 690
    - Waterfront Key: 772
    - DBR: 708 (already higher than the rest other than WFK and WFK is not near MRT and amenities)

Source: http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...ubmitSearch.do

646 units is generally considered mid-sized and given the plot that is larger than Modena and Tropical Springs combined, I don't think it will be as cluttered as you mentioned. I bought into their landscaping "attractions" so let's see. Perhaps the MSCP gives that impression because the building takes up land. If it had been underground, it would have been different. But then, people will complain about the MRT noise.

Kheng Leong, http://www.khengleong.com/kh_chuan.htm, is an up-market developer and this is their first venture into mass-market residential developments so I don't think they will throw away their reputation and cut corners on quality.

Yes u r right. First time i saw the model, i liked it but then came
    in for second visit and it occurred to me at that time about how close
    the blks will be - the feeling of the MSCP with waterfall looks good in model but may not be so when its actually built....

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    Yes u r right. First time i saw the model, i liked it but then came
    in for second visit and it occurred to me at that time about how close
    the blks will be - the feeling of the MSCP with waterfall looks good in model but may not be so when its actually built....
    The waterfall serves 3 purposes:
    1. landscaping
    2. mask the ugly MSCP

finally, most importantly, often used but under-stated purpose

3. mask / replace the MRT noise.......if all u hear is the sound of water crashing down, you'll forget abt the chugging of the MRT.....

Actually - the location isn't too bad for suburban mass mkt properties, if one considers trading convenience for quiet and expansiveness of space, etc.....think that dunno wat Seletar who has to stretch all imagination to claim got MRT in the vicinity - but ahhh that one is quiet....

I din like the design of the apts....that stupid off rounded master shower + fittings.....
    Last edited by southpark2000; 25-10-09 at 15:17.

since there is mention of shower + fittings - note that the shower
    area is without a glass door - only half glass panel and the rest is
    open without a glass door - so expect a wet bathroom.......
    this was not told by agent - i kept asking and was told "new designer
    type design - so no door" - i m sure many buyers are not aware of this
    - wait till TOP and then go "ahhhahhhhh- why like dat huh ??"

Nice to hear so many comments ...

1. Stacks 5,6,9,10,13,14 facing stack 23,24,19,20, about 25m apart ... it is quite close indeed but you get the 50m lap pool view as a compensation.

The really problematic ones are stack 21 & 26, 25 & 30 as they are arranged at too close an angle to each other but they get the pool, one tree island & waterfall view as compensation.

Stacks 14,18,19,55 mid floors also ppl can stare directly into your units from sports deck.

The rest has more privacy especially those along the boundaries but they do not get pool view.

So I am sure you can choose a unit to maximize privacy. The best is of course high floors facing Sunbird landed properties if you can afford the larger units.

2. As for construction quality ... don't expect too much from a mass market condo ... nowadays people care about exterior rather than interior as you can always renovate as different ppl have different tastes. So don't be too occupied by a half glass door or tiles used in your bathrooms ... some condos don't even have doors for master bathrooms. I am thankful that the architect gives me both vertical / horizontal sunshades and lots of green features as I have no control over those things after TOP.

3. So far we have three successful subsales (a 2nd floor PES unit at stack40, a 7-floor 2bedroom at stack4 and a 2nd floor studio at stack 16) ... so I am sure you can always sell your unit off in 2012 if you don't like it at TOP. Actually a senior ERA director asked me to keep my unit for own stay, she said is nice development so let's see how.

since there is mention of shower + fittings - note that the shower
    area is without a glass door - only half glass panel and the rest is
    open without a glass door - so expect a wet bathroom.......
    this was not told by agent - i kept asking and was told "new designer
    type design - so no door" - i m sure many buyers are not aware of this
    - wait till TOP and then go "ahhhahhhhh- why like dat huh ??"
    hmm... i spoke to the agent, they say the shower area, comes with another panel. They didn't have it in the showflat because they dun want pple to open and close frequently or kids banging into it. im not sure too. But can afford to pay for condo, cannot afford to pay for the glass panel door meh? no need to bang wall lah.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    hmm... i spoke to the agent, they say the shower area, comes with another panel. They didn't have it in the showflat because they dun want pple to open and close frequently or kids banging into it. im not sure too. But can afford to pay for condo, cannot afford to pay for the glass panel door meh? no need to bang wall lah.

its not abt whether can afford or not - if they can cut corners by omitting
    a glass door - there will be many other stuff that will be compromised....
    think abt it.

its not abt whether can afford or not - if they can cut corners by omitting
    a glass door - there will be many other stuff that will be compromised....
    think abt it.
    You seem very sure Kheng Leong/ China Construction is going to give buyers of DBR a bad quality property. I think most of us would like to hear and learn from you which property is deemed "good quality" coupled with the attractive prices there-or-about DBR's prices with access to MRT, shopping mall, park connectors, etc.

And about that glass door, go look at WFW and WFK. No expert on glass doors but I thought they are sure going to dislodge themselves from the wall pretty quickly.